IGNORED

The Jepsons

GeoBQn

I think this was posted on her blog before she swung by last night. I don't think we can count on a permanent flounce. I think she'll be back.

Please. No.

The prayer DID work though, it empowered her to be even narrower minded than the previous day. Result!

My hurting world is doing fine thanks without the benefit of your light.

Please do not feel privileged that other's question your opinion. It happens.

I am not 2983 people I am one. Please do not assume to know me or pretty much any of the other 2983. In your small mind that is 2983 childless women. If that makes it better for you, crack on.

Nobody here brought their children to the party. That was you. Why this seems to bother you now is strange, you have been flouting their privacy from the moment you decided to start a 'Look at me' blog. You and others like you are without doubt the reason I have never and will never post about my child on the internet in an identifying way. It never goes away. At the moment her right to privacy is in my control. I prefer to respect that....give it a try.

In any small way if I have contributed to making you a better person, you are welcome :D

Praise God indeed.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously you my friend need to get a life other than mine.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Seriously, lady? That sounds an awful lot like you have no answer for my statement and just want me to go away. And if you're spending $56 dollars a pop on dolls but refuse to spend more than $20 on paint + tacky wall paper border, I highly doubt that you have "bags and bags" of dolls. Especially not dolls that are of any ethnicity other than caucasion. Other posters have adequately pointed out the harm that comes in children having no dolls in their dramatic play that represent their skin color and heritage.

And how did I miss that you raised a bank robber? No wonder you're trying to go 180 degrees in another direction. A bank robber?! I thought he was just in the clink because of delinquent child support. Is that the child who married his "childhood sweetheart" and has multiple children? I'm thoroughly interested in this new info... since he's the fruit of your past, please dish!

And for the record, I have a very nice life, I sure don't want yours. And if I had your life, I would start by replacing that god awful blue trim. And since the grandparents have just picked up both boys for wagon rides and pool time, I'm going to get a pedicure and a haircut in preparation for our vacation next week in Gatlinburg. Yeah, I don't want your life.

edited because I can't type for anything on the laptop and I know how to spell heritage.

I was at Sears and thinking of what a hypocrite I truly was...almost as if God was laughing at me. So I proceeded to shut my finger in the sliding van door..and yes I needed to go to the hospital and yes this cost over 2,000.00. The girls were hysterical and I was just dumbfounded as to why God would allow this to happen.

In all seriousness, this sounds like some sort of mental illness. Who slams their own hand in the door in front of their children and is "dumbfounded" that God does not intervene? God purposefully let the door crush your fingers so that you would stop wearing pants? And that's logical to you? Next time you want to get some big revelation from God by doing something deliberately to harm yourself, please don't do it in front of your children. They are scarred enough.

In fact I long to come under him, to be his helpmate, to allow him to be Christ to me.

Wow. You have issues. A good therapist would do wonders for you.

Okay, now I'm taking our new little pet's advice and stop worrying about her life. I'll try not to worry about her little girls when I'm out and about today, but I know I will. This is why I don't generally read these blogs. Ugh, I worry about the kids too damn much.

I'm willing to use an over sharing attention whore for some entertainment. TBS, I'd love to know more about the headship Tryge, and how to pronounce that name :lol: Apparently he met Jodi when she was still a party girl, ya know drinkin' and cussin'. They may have had the one son together, but regarding the son, the only thing that's been revealed about him is that his mother's poor spelling and SOTDRT grammar has taken root in his life. He sounds like a snot nosed little patriarch in training, and a great role model for Fabson :roll:

Oh and Jodi mentioned she was seeing the Bates next month. I'm assuming that in an attempt to stick her nose up the butts of some fundy 'royalty' she'll be paying for the privilege.

While Jodi has some misconceptions about my life in retirement I will address my day's plans in advance of her criticism. It's likely to be over 100 today and no nekkid hippy pond parties are planned. It's likely I'll be lounging on the couch, posting and watching some films online after I do a meditation creekside and observe the new great blue Heron fishing. Then there are the flowers. I need to change the flowers in the house out today. See Jodi I'm a constant gardener, even living small and simple the joy of growing blossoms and food for my own pleasure is something I will take the time to do. It's nicer to simplify my life as I age, and take it low an slow. Now on to more coffee and my morning bowl of homegrown. I do hope I've provided your ego with sufficient fuel.

Yes, you are open about your faults - including very hurtful things said (birth mother questioning) and done (hair relaxing) to your daughters. No one here has dehumanized you - we see that you are still a person, living a fundie lifestyle. This is a snark board, and questioning the patriarchy quiverful movement is the reason this board is in existence. As I see it, the following has been brought into analysis: your grammar, which would not be nearly as much of an issue had you not decided to homeschool your children, the hurtful and very damaging things you have said (birth mother conversation) and done (hair relaxing, apparent lack of cultural sensitivity) to your daughters, and your blatant disregard of your rule 9.

He was in the reserves. Once he robbed the bank he received a dishonorable discharge.

Well no shit.

Is this the same son you posted earlier went into the military and got "job training?"

It's quite dishonest to imply that he was in the military full-time when he was really just in the reserves.

Someday (hopefully soon) I'm going to attempt to get the professional model. If I need to re-home my current one, want me to let you know? It's pink, cause I'm a girly so and so...

The professional is amazing - has a lot more oomph than my friend's basic. They can be found for less than the basic Sears 'we haz kitchenaid' model on eBay, if you're willing to have a reconditioned one. Mine is in white, not pink, but I am thinking of making a pink ruffled dustcover for it to compensate. They really do change your culinary life!

Damn! I missed Fundie Friday because I was driving to the airport to pick up the future Mr. DV so we can enjoy a few days together...

Are you continuing on your own education? You are not required to pay money to learn, this maybe is news to you?

Yes, actually I am - I'm working ever-so-slowly on my Master's in History because I also have a real job in the Army and am a single mom. And no, paying money is not required, but having some good judgment is.

I do not believe in anger management as I do not believe in anger.

No one else touched on this little gem, but WTF?

I am in no way jealous of a woman who has raised a son who thinks it is ok to shirk his financial responsibilities to his children and will go to jail in preference to supplying their needs.

QFT.

Looks like she removed the FJ blog posts on theshelteredplace.blogspot.com. Maybe she was feeling guilty about her rule 9 violations.

The Christmas before last the were given AA dolls. They asked for those VF dolls. Here is a picture of our collection for you naysayers.

You really thought they only had 2 white dolls and some monkeys????????????? huh?

Wow, tokenism illustrated. Note the placement of the dark-skinned dolls, all along the perimeter. How fundie apt. :roll:

Darn, no action whilst I was out pridefully beautifying myself. Come on, Jodi... don't take the fun out of fundie!

Old Flouncer huh, didn't think she could handle a few home truths.

Hope she can at very least reflect on her arrogant behaviour and adjust herself so she can show more humility and compassion. You Know, like the Bible says :think:

Guest Anonymous
I think she is gone for good. Her blog has been cleaned of any reference to FJ.

Cripes, it's like one of Stalin's airbrush jobs.

I think after having her headship see what we had to say he put his foot down.

I was thinking the same thing.

I think it's that feeling you get when you're period starts and you don't have any tampons in the house.

It's also when you feel "not so fresh... down there" ;) ROFL!

No, what in the world? I mean, ok. I dress pretty "modestly" I guess. I don't show cleavage, wear dresses to the knee or just below.. but um... who cares if anyone else does. Granted I don't wanna see shorts like I saw in Walmart the other day, so short I was afraid her cooch was gonna fall out, but other than that. *shrug*

(No, seriously. Cooch is my new fav word. ROFLLL)

That's like the kid in Desperate Housewives who said "What am I, the first pancake?!"

Mess up the first one, meh! You can always get some more! ARGH.

See, this is what I said like 20 pages ago. I actually even changed my wording a couple of times because I didn't want to insinuate something that wasn't there, but no, she actually admits it. She screwed up the first time around, so she had to go get some replacement kids to try again.

I'm sorry I missed Fundie Friday, but it has been a crazy busy couple of days. I know Jodi would be amazed, but I do actually have a life outside of stocking hers, as does everyone else here.

I have a couple of questions for you as well if you do come back, Jodi. I don't really care one way or another, I'm just putting it out there if you feel so inclined because I didn't really see this addressed in what I read of your blogs.

How do you feel about corporal punishment?

Does Proverbs 13:24 impact your parenting philosophy?

Does the way you discipline your biological children differ from the way you discipline your adopted children? If so, why?

Voddie, Doug Phillips, and other VF heavyweights tend to weigh in on spanking pretty frequently. Do you heed their advice in that area the way you do in other areas of your life?

As I said, I'm not really expecting answers, but should you want to come back and discuss something different, there's a good place to jump off from. Cheers!

You know, it is really annoying when people think others sit online all day. Though I am not a frequent poster, I AM a frequent lurker. But I don't sit here all day, and I engage in my hobbies and manage to spend time with my kid, husband and keep the house clean(ish)

Just today, before 2:00 I.....dumped and scrubbed out three litter boxes, cleaned the kitchen, went to Starbucks, then to the AC Moore to buy siting to fix a friend's bracelet. After that, I went over to Petco to get a new fish and some plants for my tank. I am sitting here while my new fishy friend 'floats.' When he is done, I will clean out the other two tanks, clean the fridge and get all the clean laundry put away, fix the friend's bracelet, make lemon bars and play a new game with the family. All the while Peeking in on FJ, facebook, and other sites here and there.

I can't imagine it is any different for other posters. We spend some time on line here and there, but have pretty productive days as well.

Where's her UW blog? It was gone this morning when I checked it. Anyone? Did she flounce? Someone get freaked out?? I know she flounced on out of here earlier. Her other blog Sheltered whatever is still up. :? :?

Kind of wondered about that since she was clearly contradicting herself! :lol:

She probably wanted to remove evidence that she was violating #9.

Archived