IGNORED

The Jepsons

GeoBQn

I thought it was a revelation that Carly Rae Jepsen (of "Call Me Maybe" infamy) was a fundie.

I was thinking the same thing!!!! Great minds think alike!

:whistle: Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but the Lord laid it upon my heart, so court me maybe?? :whistle:

Sorry, I had to do it. [hangs head in shame... goes to prayer closet]

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing!!!! Great minds think alike!

:whistle: Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but the Lord laid it upon my heart, so court me maybe?? :whistle:

Sorry, I had to do it. [hangs head in shame... goes to prayer closet]

I did a similar one yesterday in response to courtship - "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my hymen, marry me maybe?"

But nothing beats this:

YCiY1y3uJ3o

That's three fundie blogs closed or gone private in the last fortnight. FJ is on a roll!

Who else locked their doors?

Fundies come here and expect to hold some kind of speshul snowflake status. Instead they face rigorous scrutiny and refuse to answer questions, they divert and engage in circular arguments. Naturally they over share too as in Jodi's case. Rather than answer a simple question directly something happens with their filters and they just spill all kinds of intimate details. Jodi's downfall was she let her headship see what she was posting in the Hive and our responses. He closed the doors.

Fundies come here and expect to hold some kind of speshul snowflake status. Instead they face rigorous scrutiny and refuse to answer questions, they divert and engage in circular arguments. Naturally they over share too as in Jodi's case. Rather than answer a simple question directly something happens with their filters and they just spill all kinds of intimate details. Jodi's downfall was she let her headship see what she was posting in the Hive and our responses. He closed the doors.

Is that what happened? :lol: Did he actually get on, or did she just flounce?

Is that what happened? :lol: Did he actually get on, or did she just flounce?

There were a couple of posts on her last visit that did not sound like her writing.

There were a couple of posts on her last visit that did not sound like her writing.

Yeah, that one about her husband's building permits or whatever was straight out of his mouth. Or from his hands. Whatever.

Two of Zsuzsanna's fangirls - Heidi and super crazy Jessi.

What, did they use commas? :lol:

I am only 14 pages in. I had a bitchtastic sinus/punk eye/ear infection and missed all this, the flouncing, the nappy hair, the pointing out of their birth mother's failure for being alive, the calling out of various employers.

Damn it. I will never catch up.

Also, this jepson chick is a treat. And not the good kind. Someone please find where Austin stashed the steam cleaner.

I am only 14 pages in. I had a bitchtastic sinus/punk eye/ear infection and missed all this, the flouncing, the nappy hair, the pointing out of their birth mother's failure for being alive, the calling out of various employers.

Damn it. I will never catch up.

Also, this jepson chick is a treat. And not the good kind. Someone please find where Austin stashed the steam cleaner.

It was also unfortunate that FormerGothardite was on vacation. We had to keep Koala up past curfew the second night, she had already put in a double shift on the thread. :lol:

It was also unfortunate that FormerGothardite was on vacation. We had to keep Koala up past curfew the second night, she had already put in a double shift on the thread. :lol:

Now see, why couldn't I have insomnia last Thrusday/Friday/Saturday instead of tonight???!!!! Snoozing like a baby, missing all the fun.

I did a similar one yesterday in response to courtship - "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my hymen, marry me maybe?"

But nothing beats this:

YCiY1y3uJ3o

THAT. IS. FANTASTIC. :lol:

I am officially amazed at the number of grown or nearly-grown men who can and will rock out to Call Me Maybe :lol:

Quote:I asked them....this... where is your birth Mom?????? Silence.... Is she here??? More silence.

This pisses me off! It really doesn't matter where their birth mother is at this point in time, what is important is for the kids to understand that Mrs cunt is there to take care of them unconditionally.

I am the only Mommy you have.

Really she not the only mommy they have, their is a big elephant in the room and she will be better off acknowledging the fact that they do have a birth mom. No matter how messed up the birth parents are they still have some sort of concern for their children.

We love you Mommy, we want you to be our Mommy, were sorry. Please forgive us.

Of course they are going to say this...they realize this woman's love is conditional and if they don't answer correctly it will be taken away. All kids want to belong.

I don't even have AA children and I know more about raising them than this lady does just from having adopted cousins and friends with interracial adoptions. If I were ever to adopt a child of another race, I would become a damn expert.

My little white Jewish kids have more ethnic dolls and toys than hers do. And her treatment of their hair is atrocious. Get thee to a black beauty salon and have a beautician who is familiar with different types of AA hair show you how to care and style it. Ask them about skin care while you are there. We are all the same inside, but the outside needs maintenance that is definitely affected by race.

Hopefully she won't be back to answer this question, but: Do you ever tell them how beautiful they are? How beautiful their skin is? How lovely their hair is naturally? You are holding up "white" as normal and "black" as something that can be modified to be more like "white". Relaxing their hair is dangerous to its lifetime health and tells them that their natural hair is just not good enough for you. One of my friends (who is AA) had a child with much coarser hair than her own and ended up doing microdreads, an adorable head of tiny little dreads, which makes it so easy to deal with her hair.

Nappy is like the other N-word. There are people who can say it and people who can't, and what determines this is whether you share the characteristic in question. Nappy has been used as an insult, routinely, to refer to hair that is not the white ideal. It is not generally a word with a good connotation. I am glad some people are reclaiming it, but *you* using that word is like you using another N -word as a term of endearment. I hope you mean well, but please stop. When you combine that word with the fact that you subject the girls to chemical treatments to make their hair more like yours, you are sending a message that you do not love their hair and find it beautiful.

What you said about their birth mothers was horrible. You taunted them with something that obviously hurts them very much. Maybe you are not an ogre every day, but you were one at that moment. You cannot go back, so stop trying to pretend it was right and instead make a vow to never say shit like that again.

About freejinger, this is a very educated and productive group of women who apparently care more about your little girls than you do. Experiencedd is quite an accomplished woman with an impressive and diverse range of experiences and some of us here *do* know her outside freejinger. Every person I know from here in other contexts is just awesome. This is a hotbed of awesomeness, which has to be hard for someone like you. Instead of being defensive, you need to start thinking about how you can be an awesome mother to these children. Interracial adoption does present challenges, and you need to deal with them head-on. Your babies are living in a white household and need to be reminded that they are beautiful and they belong there.

Oh fuck no. No wonder someone dear pointed me to this thread, and I wondered why 26 pages, that I now must spend my morning reading.

Nappy? No. Fuck NO. Of course, regular readers would expect me to get my knickers in a twist over this, and they were right. (currently red long ones with black lace, because I am a harlot, and you need the correct visual/) My daughter is a stunningly beautiful girl. We don't have the same skin color, nor hair color, but we do both have brown eyes. I tell her every day that I wish I had her beautiful skin and glorious halo of natural afro curls, her beautiful eyelashes. She told me we both have beautiful skin, and, yet again, out of the mouth of tiny ones. (Thanks to JFC, who alerted me to the presence of dark skinned, afroed Scots, after my dearest saw Brave and was very excited about Scotland, only then did she want mama's hair and skin. I never want her to be anything or anyone but who she is, which is imperfectly perfect.

I am going to probably come back and write something not very nice after this. You adopt a person, not a designer accessory. Adoption is never easy, interracial adds another level, but brings untold joy as well. Your children are going to hear horrible things from strangers for the rest of their lives; give them a safe base of operations, filled with love and understanding, for they will need those tools to deal with ignorance. I hope this lady is just ignorant, not willfully stupid.

It sounds like she founced;what a surprise. She'll come back to read, and I will be back to post something informed, once I've read this. I suspect I will spit, and "where I spit, nothing grows....EVER!"

Oh fuck no. No wonder someone dear pointed me to this thread, and I wondered why 26 pages, that I now must spend my morning reading.

Nappy? No. Fuck NO. Of course, regular readers would expect me to get my knickers in a twist over this, and they were right. (currently red long ones with black lace, because I am a harlot, and you need the correct visual/) My daughter is a stunningly beautiful girl. We don't have the same skin color, nor hair color, but we do both have brown eyes. I tell her every day that I wish I had her beautiful skin and glorious halo of natural afro curls, her beautiful eyelashes. She told me we both have beautiful skin, and, yet again, out of the mouth of tiny ones. (Thanks to JFC, who alerted me to the presence of dark skinned, afroed Scots, after my dearest saw Brave and was very excited about Scotland, only then did she want mama's hair and skin. I never want her to be anything or anyone but who she is, which is imperfectly perfect.

I am going to probably come back and write something not very nice after this. You adopt a person, not a designer accessory. Adoption is never easy, interracial adds another level, but brings untold joy as well. Your children are going to hear horrible things from strangers for the rest of their lives; give them a safe base of operations, filled with love and understanding, for they will need those tools to deal with ignorance. I hope this lady is just ignorant, not willfully stupid.

It sounds like she founced;what a surprise. She'll come back to read, and I will be back to post something informed, once I've read this. I suspect I will spit, and "where I spit, nothing grows....EVER!"

You will spit. The land will be barren for miles around. . .

I participated in this train wreck. No, she's really far worse than you can imagine. Just wait til you get to the part where her bank robbing oldest son is the "fruit of her past" part. And the pictures she posted showing "see! we do have AA baby dolls!!!!!" -- and there were six, were just full of wtf.

I am so sorry to have missed this round of Fundie Friday. I had a bottle of marshmallow vodka and everything, but I see my experiencedd , Lissar , Koala,, and the alluring Glass Cowcatcher *etc. did a wonderful job. I read the whole damn thread. I think I would have preferred to stick a splinter up my fingernail, but I bit it and had to chew it.

So, for those of you who don't know me, here is my short version: Couldn't have babies. Adoption road was long and rocky, finally found my daughter, who had been in and out of foster care. The woman who gave birth to her was a meth addicted prostitute, and my dear Ladybug saw more in her first years than a person needs in a lifetime. Ladybug is African American, and my husband and I are mostly white. I have a thing or two to say about a thing or two. I know Jodi is reading; she may say we are obsessed with her, but I think it is the other way around. Jodi06, hon, people keep copies of your horrid postings-- there are many here.

Now, onto my recap.

I am skipping most of the spelling and grammar mistakes; you fetching folks did a much better job than I.

Oh goody, another one of these. *eye rolls at her list of random cafeteria Bible crap*

Suck it, KJV cherry pickers! (unless you know what you are doing, this is dangerous!)

There is NOTHING about lesbians in the Bible. Plenty about judging others, though. Already I can tell she is a JOY-less type.

"Making your bed every day give you a womanly feeling"
Feh, Jodi, at my house that is Man's Work.

Can we get Jodi her own "I was persecuted by FJ! icon? FreeJingerPersecution.jpg

Always surprise by...

The amount of free jinger ladies stalking me from work, I am SURE its all on the up and up with your employer....right... getting paid to read and criticize my spelling and parenting techniques?

Get off the Cross, hon, we have a wood shortage. I've never read your blog, I only need hear about your egregious treatment of your adopted children to be outraged. I don't give a fuck what you worship, even if it is a giant turnip. I've only read about you here, I won't read your blog. No clicks for you.

Ok, admittedly, I was scared as hell about AA hair. I have fine red stick straight hair. true white girl hair.

But, thanks to the kindness of friends and strangers, I found an AA beauty salon, and Ladybug gets her side of culture while she gets her hair done. I am glad she has switched to a short cropped afro (her choice). Plain old coconut oil is WONDERFUL for skin and hair, AA or no, and is 5.99 at Trader Joe's. It has never taken me 3 hours to do her hair, and

she is very tender headed. STOP chemical processing her beautiful hair. STOP IT. You are teaching your daughter that only the white standard of beauty is the only standard which matters. You are teaching her shame, not to mention destroying her hair follicles and scalp.

B5SnowDog: And some of us are our own bosses and can do what we fucking want.

Ok, and here is where I had to walk away, so long it logged me out:

I told the girls I am sorry I am not your birth Mom and you are angry at me for this. However, I am the Mom God has given you and it hurts me deeply how you are treating me. I asked them....this... where is your birth Mom?????? Silence.... Is she here??? More silence.

Snip, because you're nauseating. I do not care if you apologized. You are the mother and you said that to your daughters? You will someday learn that the words do not go away, especially with children, just because you say "I'm sorry". They won't remember the apology, they will remember the horrible lesson the woman who is supposed to be their mother taught them.

Who shames their children into loving her? My daughter may be adopted, but *I* am her mommy, her mother. Your kids need to forgive you, you heartless wretch. My daughter's bio mom is still very much alive, but we call her "that lady". I had to stop her from calling the woman who gave birth to her "The bad lady from Before". I may have negative feelings about her actions, but she still brought the greatest gift in the world to me.

Pic: what an adorable little one! Too bad she is being raised by a hateful woman, who wouldn't be ugly to me, except that her insides, spewed all over online, make her super unattractive. Shark eyes.

Wow, holy egregious grammar, and she is going to homeskool? About Angels, of course. Pubic School was a Freudian Slip.

What, hon, you thought we were going to greet you with cocoa and cakes? Sorry. I forgive grammar and punctuation errors in people who are not on soapboxes about homeskooling their special snowflakes, due to the evil of public school.

(I have to start skimming. Love most of you, but day-um!)

But, if you think you could do it better, go ahead adopt a few children and get back to me in a few years.

Oh honey, you want to go here with ME? I am going to take my ladylike white gloves off now. I only have one, because one is the amount I know I can parent with unconditional love, patience, and support. Yes, I think I can say, just by your posts here: I am doing it better. I respect my child as a person, and am sensitive to our differences and her struggles. She is going to struggle even more in the future, and she will be armed with the feeling of safety, self-pride, developed intelligence, and the knowledge that her parents love her like the precious and rare jewel that she is.

Wow, I understand tough love, but calling the cops on a 14 year old? My parents found other ways to get through to their many children. If the child was an adult, I might cut you some slack, but only if he was doing something illegal or endangering.

Quit linking me to your blog. I don't like what you have to say here in our (FJ) house, why would I want to go to yours?

Do you have ads? Yes, people will find the stuff you post about your children, and yes, often being in a position to hire people, would be less likely to hire the son of a woman like you. Technology is not necessarily progress.

I have read plenty of employee facebooks. Just because it is locked down, suck ups in the office love to share.

And we have a flounce on page 11! I am willing to bet you come back before the end of the thread. I know you are following this thread, which is why I am posting it. I think I'd be less kind via email.

(I just went for a walk and am delighted that my red rose bush has anotehr round of blooms. Better cut some before the heat comes!) Blood pressure has gone down.

And she's back on page 12. I knew it.

_lilith: My daughter will never have contact with her bio mom. NEVER. And I helped bio mom by giving her daughter a healthy happy family, and removing her responsibility. As my daughter was told about her bio dad "Who knows which trick he was. What he paid to make you is all the support I will see." I wouldn't give her money; she'd spend it on speed. I realize you are talking about Jodi, and I agree with you in her case, but I wanted to give another adoptive mother's perspective.

Just because an illustration is "cute" does not justify using the word Nappy. The word is Natural. And you use products which take away from what nature gave her. Yes, I henna my already red hair, but I am an adult. Yet again: you are teaching or reinforcing Anglo ideals of beauty.

ooh, Jasmine. Every fundie's favorite "we aren't racist" card. Yawn. Uncle Tom Baucham and his family are tokens. Jasmine is pretty, but she believes ugly things. But, he uses all the talking points that justify your way of thinking, so you need only nod your head and say "you go boy!".

Going on about the Maxwell family drama? I did the betrothal/no kiss til marriage thing. Guess what? It didn't work because I couldn't birth babies, and they wanted babies. Also, their son is gay; A wife notices. Ooh, we have one more thing in common! A 2nd marriage!

My heathen marriage is wonderful, as is our gorgeous daughter.

I am not going to respond to alot of this now. I have the gist. I will be thinking about your poor children in my own way, as your version of prayer and mine are wildly different, methinks.

I wish you didn't make your kids wish they were white; whiteface is not cute. No, my daughter would never do something like that, thank goodness. She is 5. She has chalkboard paint on her br wall, and I've seen her color herself purple, but she didn't come to me and tell me she was purple. You are parsing hairs and you know it. Stop trying to pretend like you don't have serious issues with your interracial adoption. Did you even think about the cultural repurcussions before you adopted, or was it to impress others' with your Holiness? Ok, that was rude, but I am feeling kind of rude after pages of your attempts to defend yourself.

Oh someone thinks she is important. I wouldn't give a flip about you, except you and I have a few things in common: we are both white women on our second marriages, who adopted AA children who were not infants. I don't care about your life, but I do care about the kids you adopted.

Her repetitious flounces don't even rate. Oops. she's back! It's more like the Hokey Pokey: "You put your fundie in, you flounce your fundie out, you put your fundie in, FJ's gonna shake it all about"

Why do you post photos of your kids on forums? Or talk so much about your personal life with people you think are beneath you?

Jodi6: experiencedd has a very full and wonderful life. You are just giving her excellent material to work with! And she is a wonderful and caring friend, and you are a hosebeast who shat on our rug. Your kids deserve better, and I am truly sorry for you. Please go see a family counselor who is versed in adopted children's needs.

Sorry. I had quite a bit to say, apparently.

Sigh, Angri-la

I would not be worthy to enter into a FJ celestial marriage with you but consider this a proposal. If that doesn't work meet me in the prayer closet in 1 hour Boregon time. I'll bring the icing.

Jodi: Fuck you

Angri-la :clap: :clap: :clap: Please hear the roar of the crowd.

I love you two, you know that?

Aww, Experiencedd, we really should be honest with FJ about our betrothal meeting next Tuesday. UNCHAPERONED by headships. (that should totally be a film about FJ)

Sigh, Angri-la

I would not be worthy to enter into a FJ celestial marriage with you but consider this a proposal. If that doesn't work meet me in the prayer closet in 1 hour Boregon time. I'll bring the icing.

Jodi: Fuck you

Angri-la :clap: :clap: :clap: Please hear the roar of the crowd.

I want to be a sister wife!

Angri-la, I :romance-heart: you more than you can know. Trufax.

Archived