IGNORED

The Jepsons

GeoBQn

Actually I'm guessing your social filters are malfunctioning a bit. You're pretty clear about your covert racism, but see it as a normal part of your world view. That's got little to do with honesty and more to do with your own limitations at empathy. You've admitted to having abandonment issues and yet you keep repeating the cycle, with you son, with your horridly cruel words and emotional blackmail when it comes to your DDs birth mother.

That is your opinion.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

KitchenAid. Seriously, I thought I would hate it but it changed my life. It had become my idol.

I would looooove a KitchenAid! I would hug it and squeeze it and probably name it. There's no room in the budget now, but maybe someday.

That is your opinion.

Yes it is. But you run around ranting like a dry drunk most of the time and are also a bit of a masochist, no one here likes you, none agree with you. The patterns you've established in your child rearing bore predictable fruit. You keep doing the same shit over and over again the same way expecting different results. It ain't gonna happen. Now mind you I could care less if a whole pile of shit came rolling down on your head, but the fact is those little girls don't need to be raised with the kind of dysfunction that has been perpetuated by you and your family.

Not all of us fundies are hiding something.

err, clearly you are hiding something, because, you refuse to respond to many questions. Especially about yourself and seem to push your childrens faults and scenarios forward, when we are indeed asking about you! :lol:

Genuine question about your plans for marriage of your children. From what I understand it's basically to head straight into engagement and marriage instantly, with no real "getting to know" someone. From what I read on your blog and seminar/sermons you referenced...

Can you not see how potentially dangerous this could be? (ie the potential for spousal abuse! Because abusers often seem perfect on the outside, this actually happened with two blogger fundies we know about.)

How on Earth does this make for a good marriage? Marrying someone you barely know, and being told you can't divorce them? Don't you think that in itself is almost abusive? and essentially an arranged marriage!? How would you have felt being a young woman and put in that position yourself?

What would happen if a man spoke of interest for one of your daughters when they are grown, and you felt they were PERFECT, yet your daughter said they did not wish to marry them?

Do you not worry about your daughters, in particular, genuine lack of prospects in the world? Their only real prospect seem to be to marry, and pop out warriors for Jesus. I'm not saying that being a Mother isn't a great thing and the hardest job in the world, but why can't someone be more than that, or even NOT that if they so choose, even in the name of Jesus if you so choose it?

I bet you won't reply.

Once again you do not have any real facts. It is just the opposite of what you are saying. You get to know them right away. You get to know them through questions and conversation. Not flowers and gifts. We are not into the wooing. I am not advocating arranged marriage. Who said that? Our daughters will need to be the ones in the end who say yes to their husbands. They need to be in love. Above all listen to the Lord. No, I do not worry they will be who they were created to be, that in itself is something to excited about.

I hope our children will be exactly what the Lord would want them to be.

The idea is to protect their hearts from falling in love and then being broken up with. No sure thing you can, but you can try.

I just now finished decorating my cake. I really thought my mixer was going to die, I could smell the motor burning and there was actual smoke coming out of it. :shock:

Lissar, have you learned nothing from this thread? Clearly, that is a sign that you need to become skirts-only! ;)

Yes it is. But you run around ranting like a dry drunk most of the time and are also a bit of a masochist, no one here likes you, none agree with you. The patterns you've established in your child rearing bore predictable fruit. You keep doing the same shit over and over again the same way expecting different results. It ain't gonna happen. Now mind you I could care less if a whole pile of shit came rolling down on your head, but the fact is those little girls don't need to be raised with the kind of dysfunction that has been perpetuated by you and your family.

Not so much. Our oldest is the fruit of my past, I have spelled this all out on my blog. Our 21 yr old almost 18 yr old are upstanding members of society. Our 15 year old is flourishing after being home for 4 years..hey even the public school in amazed. Our girls are doing wonderful as well. So yes, we messed up our first one and learned from this and made some major life changes. Maybe you could say this if we had no other adult children but as it is, you can not. What we do works.

Well good night ladies. Have fun. Experiencedd as I thought more about this... I have realized you really are the one that is dysfunctional. I am am guessing most of the people you know in RL you would not invite here to view your posts. I on the other hand would. I believe you live a double life. I on the other hand do not.

I would looooove a KitchenAid! I would hug it and squeeze it and probably name it. There's no room in the budget now, but maybe someday.

Someday (hopefully soon) I'm going to attempt to get the professional model. If I need to re-home my current one, want me to let you know? It's pink, cause I'm a girly so and so...

Guest Anonymous

Cold.

That's like the kid in Desperate Housewives who said "What am I, the first pancake?!"

Mess up the first one, meh! You can always get some more! ARGH.

Someday (hopefully soon) I'm going to attempt to get the professional model. If I need to re-home my current one, want me to let you know? It's pink, cause I'm a girly so and so...

Sure! I've been keeping an eye out for a used one but it seems most people keep them until they wear out.

Thats my point, how can you love someone when you don't know them? I'm not saying you have to woo them, nor even date them. But be realistic about the fact that you cannot really know how someone is from a few hours of supervised time, where generally all involved are on their best behavior.

You really think that when its the right person God will just ring his little bell in their heart and say, there ya go? Now love him, even if he is an arrogant abuser... :roll:

Funny how you didn't answer how you would go being put in the same situation.

They will be who you have "trained" them to be, which is clearly a keeper of a home and helpmeet which all that one can hope to be in such a household, its clear your actions and training and study is leading them to this specific life. What happens if there is never a suitor for them?

One cannot simply say God will provide and not worry. A responsible person must look at every eventuality!

PS; You have stated on your blog that you were married before and to an abuser, which I am sorry for its something close to my own heart and I am glad you got out of that etc. However, the teachings you assign to, generally state that you should never have married again after the breakup of your first marriage, its essentially adultery, how do you explain this? Now I'm not calling you an adulterer, I certainly don't believe that, but how do you justify certain passages with your lifestyle choice. When you quote Bible verses and Biblical teachings for your families way of life and for what you do, etc. You must realize Biblically you are living a contradiction. With all due respect.

I just want to add this.... have you ever happened to read a school teachers blog? You may not know they were school teachers by their personal blog or fluent writing skills. I use curriculum just as the teachers do. I teach spelling through state approved programs, and my children are required to follow our states law on academics just as all children are. Our son, whom entering public school 3 years ago had, had no formal education in Haiti. He was still able to enter on a 6th grade level, he had been home only 1 1/2 years. We met with a school team and they were very happy with the cirriculum we used and how he was doing. I had him in third grade Bob Jones and it compared to their 6th grade level, it was slightly akward. Check out what homeschoolers use for books, it is quite advanced. Last year in 8th grade they were doing sponge bob math story problems. I see what the pubic school does day in and day out so I truly can compare the two.

Believe it or not our children's education is a top priority to us. We are not afraid to spend what it takes to provide what is needed. I should show you some photos of the books our children have. All of them read and read. Our 21 year old actually read 1000 pages of Darwin last year. He is a history buff and likes to see things from all angles. We encourage a love of learning, reading and information seeking.

Everyone must form their own opinion, including each one of our children.

Others here have covered the rest of your crap pretty well, and many have even done a great job dissecting exactly why you are unqualified to homeschool, but I wanted to chime in with a "bullshit" to the bolded. I was homeschooled for my entire life (by a mom who taught me how to spell and punctuate correctly, I might add). We only used BJU for one year and the rest of the time we used A Beka, but the A Beka curriculum was heavily based on the BJU stuff and as near as I can tell from comparing them they are fairly equal in skill level on each grade and cover almost exactly the same things at the same time. The math is ok if you are good at teaching yourself (I wasn't), but you need a teacher who knows what they are doing for the grammar/composition and the science and literature are absolutely laughable. And don't even get me started on the history! As a history major soon to be headed for a Ph.D. in history, it infuriates me the revisionist crap that BJU (and A Beka) teaches. Not to mention that it doesn't matter if you encourage a "love of learning, reading and information seeking" in your children if you don't teach them how to THINK. My parents also emphasized "learning" and "reading" and "seeking", but they never taught us how to think critically (and Bob Jones and A Beka sure as hell don't teach it either), so I was hamstrung in my attempts. It's taken years of college experience for me to even begin to feel like I can competently learn on my own. I highly doubt you are equipping your children with that vital skill.

Also, being raised purely as a homeschooler, the only friends I had were other homeschoolers and we were heavily involved for a time in our local Christian homeschooling group, so I have more than a passing familiarity with the culture. It's a bald-faced lie that most homeschoolers use "advanced" books. First off, as I already pointed out, most of the Christian textbooks out there are woefully sub-par, and second, we were unusual in our group for actually using a set curriculum. Many people simply made it up as they went, and since a large number of moms in our group had no college degree themselves, you can imagine how well that went. Additionally, laws regarding homeschooling vary WILDLY from state to state, as do testing requirements (if there even are any!) for homeschoolers. Testing that is required also varies wildly as to the difficulty and what is considered "grade level." For example, by the time I was 11 I was testing as reading on the same level as a college junior according to the comparative tests we have to take. However, I guarantee you I was not (I'm bright, but I'm no prodigy). As others have said, the tests have long been based on the NCLB laws and are skewed downwards accordingly. So the tests you are basing so much on could very well mean absolutely nothing.

TL;DR: You can lie to yourself if it makes you feel better, but the "education" you are giving your children is sub-par despite your protests to the contrary.

Sure! I've been keeping an eye out for a used one but it seems most people keep them until they wear out.

Yeah, damn things last a good long time. Once I upgrade, I thought about keeping the one I have, but it takes up a big enough chunk of space that it would be smarter just to let someone else have it that could use it.

As far as our fundie goes, she seems to have missed my entire point of "you're posting your children's personal shit online, which is why you're being asked about it. Maybe you should stop doing that."

However, the teachings you assign to, generally state that you should never have married again after the breakup of your first marriage, its essentially adultery, how do you explain this?

She said he committed adultery. We have no idea about the current husbands past or history.

Guest Anonymous

BOTH of you have more self-control than me. I would probably stare at it glassily while intoning "My P-r-r-e-c-i-o-u-s at it in my most sibilant tones.

There are many verses though that say an absolute "no-no" to any second marriage, even on basis of immorality and abuse on behalf of the first spouse... (which again I do not believe, I just wonder how she justifies it.)

To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

BOTH of you have more self-control than me. I would probably stare at it glassily while intoning "My P-r-r-e-c-i-o-u-s at it in my most sibilant tones.

Hate me if you must I have a cobalt blue K5 with two bowls and a bunch of attachments. I don't bake like I use to and use it infrequently for mixing. I love the meat grinder attachment and that gets a work out.

Well good night ladies. Have fun. Experiencedd as I thought more about this... I have realized you really are the one that is dysfunctional. I am am guessing most of the people you know in RL you would not invite here to view your posts. I on the other hand would. I believe you live a double life. I on the other hand do not.

Is that a flounce? Do I need to get out a flounce cake?

Is that a flounce? Do I need to get out a flounce cake?

Gosh I missed it. Oh well. I think she was trying to insult me, I'm not really sure what the heck she is saying.

I'm presuming she's flounced for good with this on her blog under the girls post:

Free Jinger, A Quiver Full of Snarks is a forum solely dedicated to bashing believers. These ladies have literally made a hobby out of following and bashing others, please pray some of them can break free from this. They bring the children into it, it is perverse and full of foulness. I am not sure if they have children or not but it is very bothersome.

I did join to speak my peace regarding the Jepson thread. Tryge prayed for me last night that I would be empowered through this and I truly was. We want to raise thinkers and children who can give an answer for themselves, what better place to start then, with Dad and Mom. Please if you have been through something similar, do not let it get you down! Continue to be a light to this hurting world.

Do not feel as a victim but rather feel privileged that someone has such a curiosity about your beautiful family. As long as we are within the law we still have freedom in the country to choose...let us stand up for those choices! Praising God in all things!

Thank you free jinger, the Lord has used you to make me a better person.

Jodi, you'll actually find a lot of "Free Jinger" members are themselves believers, maybe not exactly what you believe, but believers the same and some even call themselves Christians, shocking I'm sure to you!

Most people over here certainly don't bring their children into their "snarking" online, unlike you who use your children as props.

Also, I wouldn't call people simply pointing out flaws in your logic "bashing" you. You made your blog public, you can't expect people not to point out your clear lack of understanding of basic Bible principles and cultural insensitivity when you plaster it on the world wide web to see. (Not to mention your complete inability to spell, punctuate or use correct grammar, when you are responsible for homeschooling your children).

Last thing, for someone who claims to be Christian, you sure do criticize people a lot.

Not just here to people at Free Jinger, but other comments I've seen you make online, admonishing others for their beliefs and practices, even other Christians! Basically saying, "I'm more Christian than you because..." and then hand-slapping them as to what to do. You seriously think you have the authority to tell people what to do, especially when they never asked you? That's prideful, and it oozes from your every keystroke, Jodi.

You clearly LOVE to point out others flaws and "bash" even your fellow Christians, just as you claim Free Jinger is bashing you. You love the authority of telling people what to do, and belittling their practices and opinions. So just you look at yourself and see you are not that much different, from those here which you claim you are being persecuted and "bashed" by.

Look truly inside and see, you don't do your Bible or your God any favors with your tactics of hypocrisy. I can only hope to God, that you do at the very least take some of what I said into account and search your heart and soul to correct these things, for the sake of your daughters and the people around you who are being effective by your viper-like behavior.

But I am guessing you won't.

Guest Anonymous
I'm presuming she's flounced for good with this on her blog under the girls post:

[snip]

I think this was posted on her blog before she swung by last night. I don't think we can count on a permanent flounce. I think she'll be back.

Others here have covered the rest of your crap pretty well, and many have even done a great job dissecting exactly why you are unqualified to homeschool, but I wanted to chime in with a "bullshit" to the bolded. I was homeschooled for my entire life (by a mom who taught me how to spell and punctuate correctly, I might add). We only used BJU for one year and the rest of the time we used A Beka, but the A Beka curriculum was heavily based on the BJU stuff and as near as I can tell from comparing them they are fairly equal in skill level on each grade and cover almost exactly the same things at the same time. The math is ok if you are good at teaching yourself (I wasn't), but you need a teacher who knows what they are doing for the grammar/composition and the science and literature are absolutely laughable. And don't even get me started on the history! As a history major soon to be headed for a Ph.D. in history, it infuriates me the revisionist crap that BJU (and A Beka) teaches. Not to mention that it doesn't matter if you encourage a "love of learning, reading and information seeking" in your children if you don't teach them how to THINK. My parents also emphasized "learning" and "reading" and "seeking", but they never taught us how to think critically (and Bob Jones and A Beka sure as hell don't teach it either), so I was hamstrung in my attempts. It's taken years of college experience for me to even begin to feel like I can competently learn on my own. I highly doubt you are equipping your children with that vital skill.

Also, being raised purely as a homeschooler, the only friends I had were other homeschoolers and we were heavily involved for a time in our local Christian homeschooling group, so I have more than a passing familiarity with the culture. It's a bald-faced lie that most homeschoolers use "advanced" books. First off, as I already pointed out, most of the Christian textbooks out there are woefully sub-par, and second, we were unusual in our group for actually using a set curriculum. Many people simply made it up as they went, and since a large number of moms in our group had no college degree themselves, you can imagine how well that went. Additionally, laws regarding homeschooling vary WILDLY from state to state, as do testing requirements (if there even are any!) for homeschoolers. Testing that is required also varies wildly as to the difficulty and what is considered "grade level." For example, by the time I was 11 I was testing as reading on the same level as a college junior according to the comparative tests we have to take. However, I guarantee you I was not (I'm bright, but I'm no prodigy). As others have said, the tests have long been based on the NCLB laws and are skewed downwards accordingly. So the tests you are basing so much on could very well mean absolutely nothing.

TL;DR: You can lie to yourself if it makes you feel better, but the "education" you are giving your children is sub-par despite your protests to the contrary.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent post!

Archived