Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
558300_509428692416526_72528055_n.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Fingers stuck in the puppet's holes, eh? *wink wink*

They'd draw less attention to it if they didn't put up a sign.

ETA missing word.

I think a boy got his fingers stuck in a male puppet.

Edited so this actually makes sense.

LOL, even if it did happen to a kid, is that really cause for a company wide recall? I mean, a kid got his fingers stuck in something that you're supposed to put your fingers in. Wow. Last time I went bowling I (briefly) got my finger stuck in a ball...maybe I should contact brunswick about a recall. Especially since it's always been chickfila's policy that a child can trade their toy for an ice cream cone if they want to. A quick google search hasn't turned up any accounts of the toys actually getting stuck, just report after report of the "voluntary" recall. The timing is just a little too convenient.

Fingers stuck in the puppet's holes, eh? *wink wink*

They'd draw less attention to it if they didn't put up a sign.

ETA missing word.

If that's not a photoshopped joke, they are begging for a defamation lawsuit if they can't actually show that any claims of "stucked in fingers" have ever been made by customers.

Spot on, as always :D I especially love when he lists some of the myriad ways the bible defines marriage.

A lot of it wasn't his funniest stuff, but I think it was pretty heartfelt.

I want this on a t-shirt, though:

tumblr_m7nap5BXUJ1qz82gvo1_1280.jpg

Why must they lie?

Because We Lost The Muppets Because We're Bigoted Jackasses doesn't have the same ring to it.

Only Huckabee the man who took taxpayer money for his gastric bypass and then turn around and deny others health care would make a day to honor fast food

Rumor has Huckabee as a VEEP possibility.

I hope Romney does pick Huckabee or somebody with similar views. The bigger the nutjob, the less chance there is that they will be elected. I might email the Romney campaign and suggest Michele Bachmann. ;)

Good on the Jim Henson Company for living their beliefs.

A lot of it wasn't his funniest stuff, but I think it was pretty heartfelt.

I want this on a t-shirt, though:

tumblr_m7nap5BXUJ1qz82gvo1_1280.jpg

*dies*

This is why Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert are my patron saints. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Chick Fil-A had planned to recall the toys before all this began.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/chick-fil-a-jim-henson-toy-recall-gay_n_1699597.html

I call bullshit on that. Timing is a tad too convenient. "Greenway declined to elaborate on what the safety concerns were with the toys."

No injuries reported and no information provided regarding their "safety concerns" for the sake of all of the children currently in possession of the toys? Seriously?

Chick fil a is back peddling so fast you'd think time was running in reverse.

They still have no rationale for supporting the ebil Disney corp. by advertising one of their brands via the toys. Heck these folks have never heard of gay days at Disneyland? Or the same gender weddings that take place on Tom Sawyers Island during those festivities.

Samaritan's Purse is on board with the Appreciation Day as well. I got an email this morning:

DEAR FRIEND,

Just a few days ago, Dan Cathy, President of Chick-fil-A, affirmed his stance on the sanctity of traditional marriage. The restaurant chain has been, and continues to be, under a concerted attack from same-sex marriage advocates.

I applaud the courage of Cathy to take a bold stand for the biblical definition of marriage between a man and woman in a culture that has grown openly hostile to the Christian faith and its followers.

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has called for a National Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day on Wednesday, August 1, to demonstrate support for the company. I would like to join with him, and ask that, if you live near one of their restaurants please drop by and let them know how much you appreciate them and their stand.

I have known Dan and his father, Mr. Truett Cathy, for many years, and I respect how their company was founded upon and operates by Christian values.

In the words of the bold, biblical prophet Daniel who refused to bow to the culture of his day: "The people who know their God will display strength and take action" (Daniel 11:32, NASB).

Thank you and God bless you.

Sincerely,

Franklin Graham

Shocking, I know :roll:

Chick Fil-A had planned to recall the toys before all this began. Also the Jim Henson Company does not own the Muppets anymore.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/chick-fil-a-jim-henson-toy-recall-gay_n_1699597.html

That dose not matter, the Muppets are still a representation of Jim Henson. People will always associate Jim Henson studios with the Muppets.

If people like smuggler eat at chick fil-a then perhaps there is some truth to the recall. My first thoughs about a child getting their finger stuck in the puppet were 1: Was the childs finger normal sized? 2: which finger got stuck?

I never ate there anyway because I keep kosher (for me, that includes only eating fish, dairy, and veggie out) and I usually avoid restaurants where I can't eat the food in the title of the restaurant. My husband will eat chicken out and he likes Chick-fil-a, but I found a way to do the boycott--the only Chick-fil-a here is in a mall food court, so I make sure we go to the mall only on Sundays. :angelic-red:

Jeebus, a culture war over a fast-food chicken sandwich. *rolls eyes* Do I have to remind people that Chick-fil-A is a business and not a ministry? Dan Cathy and the rest of the closely-held (i.e., private) Chick-fil-A are taking advantage of "good church people" to line their pockets.

I hope that hate you're generating tastes good, Dan Cathy. Because eventually your customers will grow old and die, and your younger customers will pass on your chicken sandwiches because you support gay hate groups.

Wh

Chick fil a is back peddling so fast you'd think time was running in reverse.

They still have no rationale for supporting the ebil Disney corp. by advertising one of their brands via the toys. Heck these folks have never heard of gay days at Disneyland? Or the same gender weddings that take place on Tom Sawyers Island during those festivities.

I don't see how or why this would be back peddling. They had the right to distribute them until the contract ran out. Doing so would not be of any harm to them (unless there was a safety issue). So what would be the purpose of pulling the toys other than for a safety issue?

Also THE JIM HENSON COMPANY IS NOT OWNED BY DISNEY.

Ah, Jericho, who swore he was only here to snark on fundies yet manages to only pop up on threads where he doesn't snark fundies. Unless he is going to snark on Chick-fil-a for not supporting equality.

Archived