IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

Wh

I don't see how or why this would be back peddling. They had the right to distribute them until the contract ran out. Doing so would not be of any harm to them (unless there was a safety issue). So what would be the purpose of pulling the toys other than for a safety issue?

Also THE JIM HENSON COMPANY IS NOT OWNED BY DISNEY.

Where has anyone in this thread said that?

The reason Chick Fil-a is recalling the toys is because the muppetts will always be related to Jim Hanson studios, because they created them. The brand was sold to disney but, people will still associate them with Jim Hanson. What safety concerns are there for finger puppets. The only reason they would get stuck on a childs finger is if the child was overweight or it was put on the thumb. One of my friends has one of the puppets. It fits perfectly fine on all of my fingers except for the thumb.

I think your bridge is starting to miss you. Crawl back under it before someone else decides to take up residence in it.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Jericho is ever going to own up that he lied about saying he was just here to snark fundies? Has he EVER snarked on fundies? He is a fundie. He probably is fighitng for gay people to not have equal rights too.

Where has anyone in this thread said that?

The reason Chick Fil-a is recalling the toys is because the muppetts will always be related to Jim Hanson studios, because they created them. The brand was sold to disney but, people will still associate them with Jim Hanson. What safety concerns are there for finger puppets. The only reason they would get stuck on a childs finger is if the child was overweight or it was put on the thumb. One of my friends has one of the puppets. It fits perfectly fine on all of my fingers except for the thumb.

I think your bridge is starting to miss you. Crawl back under it before someone else decides to take up residence in it.

Shewearsfunnyhat

They still have no rationale for supporting the ebil Disney corp. by advertising one of their brands via the toys.

So even IF the Chick Fil-A toys were associated with the Muppets, (which they are not) how is that negative for Chick Fil-A? I see no reason why Chick Fil-A would want to remove the toys other than a safety concern.

Wh

Really you need to take some time to snark on the fundies. The rights to the Muppets were acquired by Disney Corp in 2004. Now quit yer' lying and go find a fundy to snark on.

I'm beginning to suspect the only time Jericho can get wood is by coming to the hive.

Really you need to take some time to snark on the fundies. The rights to the Muppets were acquired by Disney Corp in 2004. Now quit yer' lying and go find a fundy to snark on.

I'm beginning to suspect the only time Jericho can get wood is by coming to the hive.

I think some people here need some serious clarification before this discussion can continue

1. Disney owns the Muppets (Not the Jim Henson Company)

2. Chick Fil-A's toys were a partnership with The Jim Henson Company

3. Chick Fil-A's toys had nothing to do with the Muppets

What we need clarification on is when you are going to start snarking on fundies, since that is what you said you were here to do. Did you lie? You can even do it in this thread and snark on the fundie Chick-fil-a who is fighting equality in the name of religion.

And just to clarify. I do not know for a fact that Chick Fil-A is not lying about pulling the toys. I just don't see any reason why they would need to lie. The accusations seem to make no sense.

What we need clarification on is when you are going to start snarking on fundies, since that is what you said you were here to do. Did you lie? You can even do it in this thread and snark on the fundie Chick-fil-a who is fighting equality in the name of religion.

I don't consider Chick-Fil-A fundie. Their owners are evangelical, which is a big difference to me.

I totally agree. Frankly I'm not willing to get into a pissing match with him when it's evident that he will continue to lie and misrepresent my posts. I'd rather see him do what he said he was here to do, and that's snark on fundies. Chances are I'll have him on ignore before happy hour today.

How is fighting to deny a group of people equal rights based on a religion not fundie?

When people say, "My religious beliefs should be used to deny equality to others." then they are fundies. If they were like "Hey we don't approve of gay marriage based on our religion, but people who are gay deserve equality." then they wouldn't be fundies.

And jericho, why is it that you never snark on fundies? You don't find the Duggars, Bates, or Maxwells snark worthy?

Wh

I don't see how or why this would be back peddling. They had the right to distribute them until the contract ran out. Doing so would not be of any harm to them (unless there was a safety issue). So what would be the purpose of pulling the toys other than for a safety issue?

WHAT SAFETY ISSUE?

The spokesperson flatly refused to explain what the safety issue they are claiming is behind this actually is. Thousands of those toys are already in the hands of kids throughout the country. Are they being recalled? What should parents know about these toys? Who should they call if their child was injured? Why the secrecy?

This is one lying sack o'shit company. What is it that the Bible says about wolves in sheep's clothing? But since I live in Boston, I'll probably never have to worry about them spreading their hate in my hood.

When people say, "My religious beliefs should be used to deny equality to others." then they are fundies. If they were like "Hey we don't approve of gay marriage based on our religion, but people who are gay deserve equality." then they wouldn't be fundies.

And jericho, why is it that you never snark on fundies? You don't find the Duggars, Bates, or Maxwells snark worthy?

QFT

I hope that hate you're generating tastes good, Dan Cathy. Because eventually your customers will grow old and die, and your younger customers will pass on your chicken sandwiches because you support gay hate groups.

This is totally my POV. Chik-fil-a doesn't seem to understand that this is NEGATIVE publicity in many, many people's minds. I'm sure lots of CFA customers appreciate the company's oh-so-moral, biblical stance :roll:, but plenty more think it's ugly and hateful. Is that the kind of image CFA wants?

I rarely go to CFA because there isn't one near me, but I'd feel guilty going there now. It sucks that a simple meal has to have such nasty baggage attached to it. More than that, it sucks that a company thinks it's fine and dandy to malign people and fight against legal equality.

I thought I'd given a few comments on these families before. I guess when it comes down to it, its easier to comment on something nobody is saying, than to comment what everybody is saying. Not my intention when I joined, but it just worked out that way.

WHAT SAFETY ISSUE?

The spokesperson flatly refused to explain what the safety issue they are claiming is behind this actually is. Thousands of those toys are already in the hands of kids throughout the country. Are they being recalled? What should parents know about these toys? Who should they call if their child was injured? Why the secrecy?

This is one lying sack o'shit company. What is it that the Bible says about wolves in sheep's clothing? But since I live in Boston, I'll probably never have to worry about them spreading their hate in my hood.

I can't speak for the Chick Fil-A company on the safety issue. But what would be a reason to recall the products other than safety?

I can't speak for the Chick Fil-A company on the safety issue. But what would be a reason to recall the products other than safety?

because it may look like they are supporting the evil gays.

This is totally my POV. Chik-fil-a doesn't seem to understand that this is NEGATIVE publicity in many, many people's minds. I'm sure lots of CFA customers appreciate the company's oh-so-moral, biblical stance :roll:, but plenty more think it's ugly and hateful. Is that the kind of image CFA wants?

I rarely go to CFA because there isn't one near me, but I'd feel guilty going there now. It sucks that a simple meal has to have such nasty baggage attached to it. More than that, it sucks that a company thinks it's fine and dandy to malign people and fight against legal equality.

CFA markets into the stroke belt. An area where youthful Christians are rapidly leaving established churches and becoming more accepting of equality for all and ascribing to healthier lifestyles. Attrition will make its' mark when the arteries begin to clog and the grease eaters start dropping like flies on a hot day.

I have no interest in engaging with the troll, but would just like to suggest this wonderful "endorsement" of Chick-fil-a for your viewing pleasure:

(can't embed, too tech-dumb).

I thought I'd given a few comments on these families before. I guess when it comes down to it, its easier to comment on something nobody is saying, than to comment what everybody is saying. Not my intention when I joined, but it just worked out that way.

I scrolled through your posts and couldn't find anything where you were snarking on fundies for being fundies. There are lots of post of you defending fundies, but if there are any of you actually snarking on fundies, then they are very, very hard to find.

Now, do you think it is snark worthy to want to deny a whole group of people equality based on religious beliefs?

because it may look like they are supporting the evil gays.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

How can they recall toys for safety reasons but then decline to tell the public what the safety issues involving the toys are? Many toys are already in the stream of commerce, in the hands of thousands of kids, and they would be setting themselves up for all sorts of product liability lawsuits by refusing to disclose the nature of the safety issues and not providing warnings on the known hazards of toys they distributed to customers.

They are, in other words, almost certainly lying about the safety of the toys. Haters and Liars. But such Good Christians.

I see a lot of things being posted on FB about the owner not really saying he is against gay marriage. Have they actually come out and said that they are against gay marriage or did they weasle around it by saying that they support "biblical marriage" which is essentially saying they are against gay marriage without actually having to say it.

I see a lot of things being posted on FB about the owner not really saying he is against gay marriage. Have they actually come out and said that they are against gay marriage or did they weasle around it by saying that they support "biblical marriage" which is essentially saying they are against gay marriage without actually having to say it.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about." Dan Cathy

So they support one man and bunches of wives? Because if they are just supporting one man and one woman they are so shaking their fist at God and saying that they know better than him.

Archived