IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

So they support one man and bunches of wives? Because if they are just supporting one man and one woman they are so shaking their fist at God and saying that they know better than him.

I believe there's a link to Jon Stewart's comments regarding this up thread.

That and the 400 foreskins for a bride.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, do you think it is snark worthy to want to deny a whole group of people equality based on religious beliefs?

Not when the equality is based on something unbiblical. Snark all day on the Maxwell/Duggar/Bates twisting of the bible. But I support Biblical truth.

Not when the equality is based on something unbiblical. Snark all day on the Maxwell/Duggar/Bates twisting of the bible. But I support Biblical truth.

So it is okay to use religion to oppress people?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

How can they recall toys for safety reasons but then decline to tell the public what the safety issues involving the toys are? Many toys are already in the stream of commerce, in the hands of thousands of kids, and they would be setting themselves up for all sorts of product liability lawsuits by refusing to disclose the nature of the safety issues and not providing warnings on the known hazards of toys they distributed to customers.

They are, in other words, almost certainly lying about the safety of the toys. Haters and Liars. But such Good Christians.

I can see a small chance of this reasoning. We'll see what eventually happens I guess.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about." Dan Cathy

Theonomists fail to recognize that America isn't a theocracy and not all citizens believe in biblical law.

No. But it is okay to stand up for God's word.

So you do think gay people should have equal rights?

If you are going to say my religion means that this group of people shouldn't be treated equally to others, then you using your religion to oppress people. If you are going to say that your religion doesn't support that group of people but you still think that they should have equality, then you aren't using your religion to oppress them.

I think some people here need some serious clarification before this discussion can continue

1. Disney owns the Muppets (Not the Jim Henson Company)

2. Chick Fil-A's toys were a partnership with The Jim Henson Company

3. Chick Fil-A's toys had nothing to do with the Muppets

Wow, you pick the stupidest things to argue about. Its so hard to keep up with what you are arguing about because you are so inconsistent.

Yes. But I do not believe marriage is a civil right.

So you do think that gay people shouldn't be treated equally to straight people based on your religion?

Why not? I'm not being facetious, I'd seriously like to hear your reasoning.

It becomes a civil right when it gives the people in the relationship legal benefits and tax breaks.

No. But it is okay to stand up for God's word.

Mans interpretation of what they think is gods opinion that was interpreted by man.

If another religion managed to make it law that all other people except for Christians could get married because Christians getting married is against their religion, you would think that Christians were still had equality in America and weren't being oppressed, correct jericho?

Y'all have fun with mr. "I'm only here to snark on fundies except I never actually do that", I have to go clean house.

It becomes a civil right when it gives the people in the relationship legal benefits and tax breaks.

Theonomists only care that they enforce their deities rules on everyone, no exceptions.

Theonomists only care that they enforce their deities rules on everyone, no exceptions.

Even though they are not not following every rule in their holy book.

Why not? I'm not being facetious, I'd seriously like to hear your reasoning.

I think the quote sums it up good.

To argue that the Constitution guarantees equal treatment to all citizens, both men and women, does not say anything about what constitutes marriage, or a family, or a business enterprise, or a university, or a friendship.

http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader$1178

If another religion managed to make it law that all other people except for Christians could get married because Christians getting married is against their religion, you would think that Christians were still had equality in America and weren't being oppressed, correct jericho?

Y'all have fun with mr. "I'm only here to snark on fundies except I never actually do that", I have to go clean house.

If that was supposed to be a reverse example of what evangelicals are doing to LGBT's, you are far mistaken.

I don't know of anyone who wants to reject marriage because of religion. It's the same-sex that is the issue.

Jericho, I'm assuming you identify as a Christian.

Thought exercise: would you have a problem with sex-same marriage if you were not a Christian?

Also, formergothardite was making a comparison, Christian to homosexual couples. The point being, if you want to forbid marriage to a group because them getting marriage is against your religion, you are oppressing them.

Jericho, I'm assuming you identify as a Christian.

Thought exercise: would you have a problem with sex-same marriage if you were not a Christian?

Who knows? It's tough to answer hypothetical questions.

Who knows? It's tough to answer hypothetical questions.

Well try speculating, hypothesising, predicting or extrapolating in an educated fashion then. Comments such as that make you appear to be lazy, gutless or both. It's also 'tough' to be a gay Christian denied the right to marry. If you're going to take such a stance then at least argue your cause, pathetic as it might be.

Smug and entitled much? Can't believe that after having virtually nothing to say for ages you've crawled out of the woodwork to defend an organisation that openly admits it supports hate groups.

I notice you never get involved in supporting people on here either, Jericho,and I've never seen you say a kind word to anyone in here who's in need. So since you're not actually a part of this community, just another troll in the dungeon, why don't you just go to - Jericho. (You'll have to google the phrase if you don't get it. It's tough to explain things to the ignorant so I'm not bothering.)

You know what I'm sick of? The homosexual organizations and their tactics. If anyone dares speak out against homosexuality, they are verbally assaulted and strong-armed until their reputation is tarnished or they are forced to make a public apology. This, despite the fact that homosexuality is far from being overwhelmingly accepted by the general public. LGBT organizations have taken over our media, our entertainment, and most of our government which is why its becoming so rapidly accepted. Our youth are bombarded with a gay culture that has no tolerance for anything said negatively about it. I'll give it to the gay agenda, they have mastered their plan with excellence. But my feeling is something will happen someday. Maybe this is that day.

With Chick Fil-A this is going to be a interesting situation because now we are dealing with a private company that is VERY staunch in their biblical beliefs. I do not see Chick Fil-A EVER backing down from their views. They are not your typical non-denominational company. I also don't see the LGBT ceasing to stop hammering them until they do back down. so with that I see is one of two things happening.

1. The LGBT movement taking down the Chick Fil-A company.

2. A backlash like we've never seen by those opposed to the homosexual movement.

This also might be the first in a line of "Christian" businesses who take heat. I can see others like Hobby Lobby, In N Out Burger, Lifeway and Family Christian stores etc being next in line. Like I said, this will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Annnnnd the troll is officially out of the closet. There now, don't you feel the weight lifting off your shoulders?

To make it easier for Jericho, I'm going to explain it this way. In the following situations, we are speaking about two consenting adults, we could throw in multiple consenting adults, but for simplicity lets just stick with two consenting adults. Not adults with children, not adults with toasters, not adults with animals. Two consenting adults that want to get married.

Group A wants to marry people within their group.

Group B says that it violates their religious texts for group A to marry people from within their group, so they ban group A from marrying other group A members.

According to what Jericho has been saying, group B is not oppressing group A and both groups are being treated equally.

Let's continue,

Gay people want to marry other gay people.

Christians say that it violates their religious texts for gay people to marry other gay people so they ban gay people from marrying other gay people.

According to Jericho Christians are not oppressing gay people and both groups are being treated equally.

Finally.

Christians want to marry other Christians.

A new religion that has become popular says that it violates their religious texts for Christians to marry other Christians, so they ban Christians from marrying other Christians.

According to what Jericho has been saying the new religion is not oppressing Christians in the least little bit and both groups are being treated equally.

Is that last bit correct Jericho?

Archived