IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

The Atheist's Bible Commentary FB page posted the following video link with this message.

Want to know what your Chick-fil-A money is being spent to support. Watch this documentary.

-Tim H.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that the local CFA's here in New Jersey were busy as well. Makes me really sad as I thought NJ wasn't a conservative state and wouldn't have so many people supporting the hate this "appreciation" day generated. I do wonder if maybe some people who had heard about CFA's appreciation day had no idea what what behind it, and they were just showing up because they like the restaurant. It was busy enough around 3 pm though, that my sister called on her way home from work to tell me that there was a huge line wrapped around the restaurant;s drive in. She had no idea about the CFA day until I clued her in and she gladly decided to boycott it. Even my teen son told me from now on he'll just get the McDonald's southern style chicken sandwich instead of CFA. And this used to be his favorite fast food restaurant since he was 4 years old (he's 18 now) and we first got one in our area. I'm proud of him. And also wondering what to do about 3 of my FB friends who "liked" the appreciation day, ugh :(

The Bates even went to Chock-full-a-crap today:

From their blog:

Beanie

8/1/2012 4:31:35 PM

Did ya'll go to Chick-fil-a today? The one in Pensacola was packed; the line ran at least 20 feet out the door! Go, Chick-fil-a! :D

Kelly Bates

8/1/2012 11:34:53 PM

Yes, we did go to Chick-fil-a!!! Love, Kelly

Betcha it was on Lawson's dime!

The Bates even went to Chock-full-a-crap today:

From their blog:

Betcha it was on Lawson's dime!

Just goes to show you how fucked up their priorities are. There's no way you could get food for the whole family for less than $100, which is like their entire grocery budget for a week.

Probably just Gil and Kelly went for "date night" and used a coupon. Then they handed out fliers for their show to the rest of the patrons.

6c550ae6-d525-4c7b-b934-2a8f5ce6fb5.jpg

6813791c-5296-4231-b3e7-c5d9bb914b0.jpg

c4226348-be22-48dc-b1e3-8bda74523fd.jpg

Kiss-in today.....if you can stomach standing anywhere near one of those places. Since the homophobes are especially scared of the threat of gay men, they would be the best weapon (especially if they brought their kids) to combat the hate.

http://gawker.com/5931519/all-meals-are ... socialflow

This article has a good summary of CFA Day:

I tried three different Chick-Fil-As (Chicks-Fil-A?), and the same tableau revealed itself at each:

Visibly irritated police officers trying to corral people into lines and keep them from queuing up in the street.

People sitting in their cars, as rings of sedans, trucks and SUVs spiraled out from the drive-thru and circled the building, then spilled out into major roadways and blocked lanes of traffic. When it's time to reclaim America for Jesus, there's a lot of climate-controlled sitting involved.

Not a single minority.

One alpha-dog organizer type, who was clearly the Man With The Most Talking Points, who walked up and down the line and interdicted anyone walking up to determine if they were one of the flock.

People gathered to celebrate the wonder-working power of redemption through Christ—which, instead of what all those pipe-organ songs seem to suggest, is cause for intense, simmering resentment.

I posted this picture on my Facebook yesterday and a teacher from the church's school that I went to (to make everyone and my naive self else happy) for 7 years told me to "get over it":

314488_10150981243741275_1493802112_n.jpg

We're not "friends" on Facebook anymore and I have been slowly been weeding out my old Christian friends who have been giving me shit for having an opinion different from theirs. I mean it's one thing if I'm friends who are Christian and can agree to disagree (I'm happy if we both won't pick fights for the sake of arguing), but more people from my old church have just been terrible. I don't want to get rid of everyone I know from home and I'm not trying to be really political, but it seems that any chance I get to voice my opinion is bound to get shot-down by people from back home.

I was going to comment "I don't really understand how eating at a fast food place whose food isn't very good for you (not to mention the animal cruelty) is supposed to be a slap in the face to the LGBT movement. The president is entitled to his own opinion and can donate his own money to whatever groups he wants with his earnings. How is eating food supposed to be a protest? How is this act in any way Christ-like or meaning to act in love towards your LGBT brothers and sisters? They are tens of thousands of Christian LGBT members in America who might have to find a new church after August 1 if their pastor encouraged their congregation to go to chick-fil-a" but I already severed ties. I wouldn't know how people from my old church could even go to chick-fil-a since the closest ones are in the metro MN area where I live, two hours away for them. Then again, they have a knack for driving that long to see Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann speak or attend an anti-abortion rally….

At this point, if (stupid, not all) Christians as a whole decide to make moves like these, they need to switch their name to Robertians or Fallwellians, because their behavior isn't emulating Christ anymore….

From the OMM FB page:

It's not about CHICKEN, it's about Godly values, not a woman for a woman or a man for a man- how in the world can they reproduc?

When two people who love each other want children but can't have them unassisted, they turn to magical new inventions called IVF and surrogacy . . .

From the OMM FB page:

When two people who love each other want children but can't have them unassisted, they turn to magical new inventions called IVF and surrogacy . . .

Yes, gay, post-menopausal, and infertile people should never be allowed to get married. There will not be enough people in this world until we have to stand on each other's shoulders to fit inside Ft. Lauderdale :roll:

How did Mary reproduce? She was a single woman! Self LOVE! LMFAO...

What's it called when a female of a species can reproduce without a man? Maybe Mary was 1 of those; lol. Abstinance didn't work for her; obviously.

I wonder why the Virgin Mary isn't referenced as an example of pathenogenesis in the reference in culture part of its wikipedia article?

Heh. The only reason I even know that word is this song (yay, I figured out how to embed videos!):

6bMM61Y5CEU

I wonder why the Virgin Mary isn't referenced as an example of pathenogenesis in the reference in culture part of its wikipedia article?

At the top of the page: "Not to be confused with the Virgin birth of Jesus, sometimes called parthenogenesis, but unlike known biological processes."

Heh. The only reason I even know that word is this song (yay, I figured out how to embed videos!):

6bMM61Y5CEU

At the top of the page: "Not to be confused with the Virgin birth of Jesus, sometimes called parthenogenesis, but unlike known biological processes."

Ah, whoops. That's what I get for just skimming the article. * :doh: *

Is that Jack and Jack? If so, I love you. I seriously ship Jack Harkness in any shape or form :D

Yes it is and so do I. :D

Archived