IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/mike- ... -chick-fil

I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A

company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld. The Cathy family, let by Chick Fil-A founder Truett Cathy, are a wonderful Christian family who are committed to operating the company with Biblical principles and whose story is the true American success story. Starting at age 46 Truett Cathy built Chick Fil-A into a $4 billion a year enterprise with over 1600 stores. At 91, he is still active in the company, but his son Dan runs it day to day as CEO.It's a great American story that is being smeared by vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry from the left.

Here is a link to his full note. http://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee/po ... 7733439863

Uhh remember when conservatives where whining about oreos supporting gay pride and wanting to boycott it?

I wonder if supporters of marriage equality should find some other restaurant to support en mass on August 1

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I hate most about Conservatives. When they speak hatefully its okay because they are quoting the Bible (or rather, their version of it). But, when people speak up against their hate speech they cry bigotry and discrimination!!! Its a free country. They can say whatever hateful sh*t they want and other people can call them out for it.

Hey when Muppet's complain about you how screwed up is your business?

The Jim Henson Company, creators of The Muppets, announced yesterday on their Facebook page that they have terminated their business relationship with Chick-Fil-A for its support of anti-gay hate groups. For years, the fast food chain had distributed toys from Hensen’s Creature Shop in their children’s meals.

The final residual check that Henson receives from Chick-Fil-A will be donated to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. During an interview with The Baptist Press earlier this month, Chick-Fil-A president Dan McCarthy announced that his company had made $2 million in contributions to hate groups that promote incendiary myths about LGBT people in an effort to turn the public against them.

In addition, McCarthy trumpeted his company’s support for “traditional marriage,†saying that support for gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.â€

“I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about,†he added.

The Henson Company posted a statement on its Facebook page yesterday saying, “The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over fifty years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors. Lisa Henson, our CEO is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD.â€

Also read… Same-sex kiss-in planned at Chick-fil-A restaurants

intolerant bigotry from the left.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Huckabee also proposes the creation of an August 1 "Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day."

WTF Now we have to appreciate businesses?! Here's how you can appreciate them, it's really easy: you give them $5.00 and they give you some food. Done.

And if I were Mike Huckabee, I'd be more careful about how much fast food I'm appreciating; he's close to regaining all the weight he lost.

The Jim Henson Company, creators of The Muppets, announced yesterday on their Facebook page that they have terminated their business relationship with Chick-Fil-A for its support of anti-gay hate groups. For years, the fast food chain had distributed toys from Hensen’s Creature Shop in their children’s meals.

The final residual check that Henson receives from Chick-Fil-A will be donated to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

Now that makes me cheer like an enthusiastic muppet. I love donation jujitsu.

In a choice between the Muppets and Chik-Fil A - Muppets win every time (with me).

I hope they see a significant drop in their business - but it's really hard to know if people will vote with their dollars or not. I suppose if they love Chik Fil A more than they love equality for everyone, they'll keep eating there.

I try to avoid most fast food because I think of the way the animals are raised that produce that chicken sandwich or Big Mac, or whatever. Plus, I try to give local small businesses a boost, rather than a big chain.

I'm sorry, but it gives me great pleasure to be 32, while this asshole is 91. Won't have to put up with that much longer.

Wishing no harm, of course, but Mother Nature's a bitch!

Edited for typos.

No matter what this will not really effect their business. Just like 10 hateful moms don't really effect too much. So when we scream about the nasty pearl clutcher's but then do the same thing we have to think about it. Not that I don't enjoy giving them the beak but still.

My SO and I are both strong supporters of gay marriage. However, my SO looooooves Chick-Fil-A. He enjoys their service and loves their sandwich. We don't eat there often but I anticipate that he will continue to eat there. He is lukewarm with the idea of boycotting businesses for political reasons. I admit I am too sometimes. The local Chick-Fil-A is owned and run by local people who may or may not believe what the corporate HQ says. I feel bad about boycotting a local chapter that may employ innocent workers. That said, the restaurant isn't on top of my 'eat me' list either. I don't have to boycott it but knowing what their stance is, I don't have to be particularly supportive either.

“I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about,†he added.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah, let's dig out that marriage-as-an-institution timeline yet again, Danny boy. I don't think it's always worked the way you think it has.

My SO and I are both strong supporters of gay marriage. However, my SO looooooves Chick-Fil-A. He enjoys their service and loves their sandwich. We don't eat there often but I anticipate that he will continue to eat there. He is lukewarm with the idea of boycotting businesses for political reasons. I admit I am too sometimes. The local Chick-Fil-A is owned and run by local people who may or may not believe what the corporate HQ says. I feel bad about boycotting a local chapter that may employ innocent workers. That said, the restaurant isn't on top of my 'eat me' list either. I don't have to boycott it but knowing what their stance is, I don't have to be particularly supportive either.

that's a good attitude let them know how you feel and be done with it. trying to destroy a business because they don't follow your beliefs is a slippery slope.

that's a good attitude let them know how you feel and be done with it. trying to destroy a business because they don't follow your beliefs is a slippery slope.

I see it as a matter of personal conscience rather than an attempt to "destroy a business."

I don't choose to spend my money at a business that has what I consider to be a warped value system. Especially when the commodity we're taking about is a piece of chicken on a hamburger bun and the issue at hand is basic human equality.

Yeah, you won't catch me in a Chick-Fil-A ever again. I should write the owner a thank you note though for driving me away. My waste line will appreciate it.

[

I don't choose to spend my money at a business that has what I consider to be a warped value system. Especially when the commodity we're taking about is a piece of chicken on a hamburger bun and the issue at hand is basic human equality.

that's fine but people tend to get carried away and want them gone and that hurts mroe then just the owners.

I only eat Chick Fil A when its free. As a lesbian,Im a bit conflicted whether to even do that. Where I live though,almost everything is sponsored by them. Im a librarian and studying to be a local historian and genealogist, and I do a lot of work with the cultural arts center,and anytime theres a big event,they serve Chick Fil A. Which is not surprising,given the religious environment here.

:roll:

Chick fil a is a shady ass company...I heard some things about them from a co worker and their business practices are disgusting as well. for such a "christian" company they do some immoral shit.

The final residual check that Henson receives from Chick-Fil-A will be donated to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

That's cute, but I'm pretty sure Mike Huckabee and his whiny facebook note are cooler than the Muppets.

558300_509428692416526_72528055_n.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I think a boy got his fingers stuck in a male puppet.

Edited so this actually makes sense.

I was at a baseball game last night, and a group of loud people sat down behind us. The man started in on a big speech (in his redneck accent) about how he was going to purposely order Chik-fil-a for a company function and "anyone who has a problem with it can deal directly with ME about it!" My son and I took one look at each other, stood up, gave the people a disgusted look and moved to different seats. I thought the dude would get even louder, but he and his wife appeared stunned that we would do that. Even though they got quieter, we still moved our seats.

I just do not have the patience anymore to suffer fools.

Archived