IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

ITA. Lawson is just another Miss Raquel. He wants the fame without doing any of the hard work. He could do a lot more, but chooses not to. 

I think its his sister Carlin with the talent. But my guess is that won't ever happen. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night's show was interesting.  Lawson's performance in Nashville was dreadful.  He sang off key almost the entire time.  It is sad that he has no idea that his singing is less than mediocre and that he has no future in the music industry.  I'm amazed his parents let him sing in a bar where people were drinking alcohol.

1 hour ago, wandering woman said:

Last night's show was interesting.  Lawson's performance in Nashville was dreadful.  He sang off key almost the entire time.  It is sad that he has no idea that his singing is less than mediocre and that he has no future in the music industry.  I'm amazed his parents let him sing in a bar where people were drinking alcohol.

When I saw the show, I kept thinking he sounded worse than usual. He sounded like a contestant in a fifth-rate junior high school talent show. I know in his circles, he's seen as talented, but he really could do with some real training to reach whatever potential he may have.

There are some truly talented singers in ATI/IBLP, sure they will let people like the Duggars up to sing, but he is bad even for that circle. I suspect is it his parent's positioni n the cult that makes people pretend he has great talent, and not there being no other talented folks to compete with. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

There are some truly talented singers in ATI/IBLP, sure they will let people like the Duggars up to sing, but he is bad even for that circle. I suspect is it his parent's positioni n the cult that makes people pretend he has great talent, and not there being no other talented folks to compete with. 

I think that's a big part in it. Kelly and Gil want him to be a successful singer and they have bumped up his ego so much that he thinks that he's much much better than what he is. 

I don't like Lawson, but I feel badly for him. I know it's hard because of his ego, which is why I'm not a fan, but he worked damn hard from a young age to support his family. That mowing business got food on the table, and sisters through college. I'm sure he still funds some of those sisters' activities. While I have NOTHING against siblings helping each other, doing "normal" chores, paying back if it's a really tough time in your family ... the extent Lawson has gone to is just above and beyond, and in my opinion, children shouldn't HAVE to put food on the table. I respect that Lawson has helped Erin make CDs and respect that she's paid him back ... so why the hell doesn't anyone in the family show him the least bit of respect and point him towards a teacher? Erin teaches lessons - this isn't out of their very limited knowledge. It pisses me off ... playing that mini thing at the mini CMAs or whatever it was, was a chance, but his family wouldn't give it to him.

7 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

I don't like Lawson, but I feel badly for him. I know it's hard because of his ego, which is why I'm not a fan, but he worked damn hard from a young age to support his family. That mowing business got food on the table, and sisters through college. I'm sure he still funds some of those sisters' activities. While I have NOTHING against siblings helping each other, doing "normal" chores, paying back if it's a really tough time in your family ... the extent Lawson has gone to is just above and beyond, and in my opinion, children shouldn't HAVE to put food on the table. I respect that Lawson has helped Erin make CDs and respect that she's paid him back ... so why the hell doesn't anyone in the family show him the least bit of respect and point him towards a teacher? Erin teaches lessons - this isn't out of their very limited knowledge. It pisses me off ... playing that mini thing at the mini CMAs or whatever it was, was a chance, but his family wouldn't give it to him.

Oh I agree that Lawson went above and beyond for his family. And I think that they should tell him that he needs some lessons to help him out. I hope that it wouldn't beat up the ego but maybe if it did, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Kelly and Gill should really be ashamed of themselves for how much they depended on him. 

7 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

What he lacks in musical refinement and humility, he makes up for in heart. I think it's clear he cares very much for his parents and siblings. And you are absolutely correct - he took on (or was forced to take on) far more responsibility as a teenager than he should have been expected to. 

I do feel badly for him at times. That said, he is an adult and he is capable of seeking out lessons on his own if he wanted to. I do wish someone would suggest it to him because he isn't untalented by any means. It's good for him to have a hobby he enjoys even if he never makes it big or is able to make a real career out of it.

On 10/23/2016 at 5:14 PM, colors_outside15 said:

I make fun of him for his ego (as you can see LOL) but I'll never deny that he clearly seems to be a good son/brother/uncle to his family and that they are actually lucky to have him. I think he'll make an excellent father when he is ready to go down that path. He's definitely a great uncle. 

He seems to have a pretty solid work ethic in many ways given how much he has provided for his family from a young age.

But he either isn't willing to use that work ethic and 'grind' (that's what she said) to benefit his music career or he truly believes he doesn't 'need' lessons when he very clearly would benefit.

Sure, he can sing well enough, but decent looking twenty something boys who can sing a country song in tune and are charming/attractive enough to make teenage girls say 'I want him to father my babies' are a dime a dozen in Nashville/TN. The C List reality star status gives him an edge over most of them.....but it's not enough. He also needs to be willing to work on developing his talent. Because right now, his voice is firmly in the 'yeah, he can sing, but it's nothing special' category. 

Am I the only one that thinks this picture of their single cover looks awkward? As individuals they both look fine, but given the single is called "I'll love again", their body language is just totally off to me. It doesn't given me the feeling of a collaborative team, just two people posing individually, yet near each other. (Yes I know this has a lot to do with Lawson NOT being able to touch her- might give him ungodly desires- just not digging the vibe).

49 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Am I the only one that thinks this picture of their single cover looks awkward? As individuals they both look fine, but given the single is called "I'll love again", their body language is just totally off to me. It doesn't given me the feeling of a collaborative team, just two people posing individually, yet near each other. (Yes I know this has a lot to do with Lawson NOT being able to touch her- might give him ungodly desires- just not digging the vibe).

From the title it sounds like  a breakup song?? So maybe they are doing that on purpose?

Also, WTF is he doing secular music?  The hypocrisy of these Bates idiots is staggering.

11 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

he's pretty handsome.

If I didn't already have a boyfriend, I'd defraud it once, quit it, and then deny it ever happened. 

Edit: He'd have to promise not to talk though. 

2 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

If I didn't already have a boyfriend, I'd defraud it once, quit it, and then deny it ever happened. 

Edit: He'd have to promise not to talk though. 

I'm also on team would fuck Lawson if he didn't talk during.

I get the idea that Lawson pretty much does what Lawson wants to do. I think he gained a lot of power in the family when he was supporting his family and likely isn't treated like a little boy who happens to be an adult. The fact that he goes to Nashville whenever he wants and is very familiar with secular music likely means he is less controlled than his siblings. I agree he seems to be a good son/brother/uncle and has a work ethic. He may not be the best singer but there are a lot of famous people who can't sing but have great songs and marketing. I also agree he needs some lessons but I hope he keeps at it. He has spent to much time working to take care of everyone else and he deserves the chance to focus on what he wants for himself. They all do. 

I know this is from awhile back, but the episode where he does go see a vocal coach in Nashville was good and I could tell she wanted to work with him, anyone know why that stopped? From what I hear from that video posted of them singing and Lawson himself, it really sounds like he's trying too hard to be country, I seriously wonder if he would just be natural with it then he might sound more folkish or even slightly...I cannot think of the word it's not indie or country, in between I suppose? He is talented, but trying too hard to be something he's not natural at if I'm making any sense. 

I think he should be encouraged to go to a real school for music therapy, he has a heart for it and would be a great job for him. 

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

I know this is from awhile back, but the episode where he does go see a vocal coach in Nashville was good and I could tell she wanted to work with him, anyone know why that stopped? From what I hear from that video posted of them singing and Lawson himself, it really sounds like he's trying too hard to be country, I seriously wonder if he would just be natural with it then he might sound more folkish or even slightly...I cannot think of the word it's not indie or country, in between I suppose? He is talented, but trying too hard to be something he's not natural at if I'm making any sense. 

I think he should be encouraged to go to a real school for music therapy, he has a heart for it and would be a great job for him. 

That's an excellent call, he'd be really good at a job like that, from what we've seen

The CMA's are Wednesday so I wonder if he's in Nashville.  Maybe he'll be able to attend? He could meet a lot of influential people that could help him.  

Can someone help me out, please?

How can Lawson "love again" when there is only the one person god made for you and you have to keep your heart pure until then?

I did not watch the show but from reading here it seems that his brothers were teasing him about it? Has ist something to do with the rumor about Lawson and Jinger? (And where the hack does this idea come from?

Gah, the photoshopping has made them both look like rather ugly plastic dolls to me. According to other photos they are both good looking (to me) 

I don't think her baby shoots are hideous, but boy she should stay away from grownup stuff where the halo affect doesn't work!

Lawson is acting like a fundie patriarch to be. He's a conceited asshole like his parents, and he and they will never get any sympathy from me.....EVER!

Can someone help me out, please?

How can Lawson "love again" when there is only the one person god made for you and you have to keep your heart pure until then?

I did not watch the show but from reading here it seems that his brothers were teasing him about it? Has ist something to do with the rumor about Lawson and Jinger? (And where the hack does this idea come from?

These people seem to pick and choose what they believe in whenever it suits them so who knows!

From livestreams on Facebook and from the show, you definitely get the impression that Lawson has tried (and failed) to keep a girl interested for so long. I think in one livestream Carlin joked that no girl has managed to put up with him for very long.

The Lawson and Jinger thing is based on rumours and coincidences. Here's my basic summary of it:

- He went to Amy's wedding and was pictured standing next to Jinger and many people assumed that this placement, along with the lack of Bateses at the wedding, suggested they were together.

- There's been lots of hints from the family about a Duggar/Bates relationship however there was a lot of debate to whom people thought this was about (Carlin/Joe, Tori/Joe or Lawson/Jinger were the main theories)

- Lawson posted a video which he quickly deleted of him, Jinger and I think Joy (chaperone?) at a sports game which caused a lot of rumours. It did actually look like they were on a date.

- The two were back and forth between Arkansas and Tennessee (I think John David flew Jinger over at one point) every couple of weeks last year until around Christmas time when Jinger apparently got involved with Jeremy.

- Then, adding fire to the flames, Lawson tweeted some coy messages on the day Jinger announced her courtship that could be interpreted as indirects to her.

- Now he's writing music about loving again and it's all very suspicious.

Tl;dr - There was probably something going on there, not a courtship but some testing of the waters to see if they would work - They didn't. However this is entirely based of rumours.

I think you're right and AFAIAC, Lawson > Jeremy any day of the week.  Yeah, he's kind of full of himself, but Jeremy is creepy AF IMO.  

I don't think that Lawson would make the defiling the marriage bed comment. He's full of himself but he's not super...I don't know weird? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived