IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

I'm glad it worked out the way it did for jinger. Lawson isn't ready to settle down if he was a normal guy he'd be out sowing his oats. Partying in college and so forth. I could see him being a preppy frat boy, but jinger made the right choice. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we even sure there was any typee of relationship between Jinger and Lawson other than the regular family friendship? Was it ever confirmed or just people reading into things? I feel like it is a rumor that just got out of hand like the whole Jana/Tebow thing. 

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

Are we even sure there was any typee of relationship between Jinger and Lawson other than the regular family friendship? Was it ever confirmed or just people reading into things? I feel like it is a rumor that just got out of hand like the whole Jana/Tebow thing. 

Well first there were pics of Jinger with Lawson  practicing archery together. Then Jinger and Lawson were pictured standing together side by side at Amy's wedding. And then there was hay time that Jinger flew all the way to TN with JD and Joy to see a football game and after that Lawson uploaded a video of him at that same football game with jinger sitting close to him. There also were more pics of jinger and Lawson together that at the time raised some eyebrows on the web. The Jana rumor was something people pulled out of their a$$. But I think all that stuff l, which happened last fall, was more than a family friendship and more of a "get to know" relationship that obviously didn't work out. Not to mention all the wierd stuff he'd tweet whenever something significant happened to infer (courtship,engagement, wedding). I not know if people have seen those tweets but If in act there was something between them, I personally think Lawson is acting like a little bitch. 

I'm definitely of the belief that there was at least an attraction and interest between Lawson and Jinger. We will almost never really know but they were very cozy until she went on that fateful missioncation to El Salvador last December.  His vaguebooking on instagram is a little petty, but he's only doing what any other scorned teen would do.  And it has the benefit of increasing album sales, SCORE! Seriously, he should be less infantile about it, but he's as emotionally stunted as the rest of them and he is not forced to keep as sweet as he would be if he was a girl.  What's more, he's in an unusual circumstance.  I feel for him.  Assuming he was interest in Jinger and she dumped him for an older, handsome, soccer player with a known past, I'd be bitter too.  Their pictures are all over social media, their entire courtship and engagement playing out on national TV, their wedding has a People Magazine spread.  And he gets to see regular honeymoon videos of her mooning over her man with crazy bed head.  It's gotta hurt.  Not to mention their families are good friends and he gets to hear all the nitty gritty details and has to try and slap on a smile and go to the wedding and after party.  Any other scorned teen would just stalk his former love interest on social media and try to glean what he could from there before being blocked.  And then there is the fact that in their world once you start to show an interest in another person everyone is planning your wedding and naming your first born.  Hopefully he matures from this experience.  

I'm probably alone on this one, but I had always wondered if Lawson and Joy might be a thing in the future. Yes there's age difference, but no more than a lot of fundie relationships (or even other plain ol' southern hookups I've observed - I have seen a lot less backoff about age in this part of the country) and Joy has been seen in pics with Lawson a lot as well as Jinger. Joy has a very outgoing personality and also is a bit take-charge (remember her showing Ben the ropes, LOL), and those would be valuable traits for a country singer's wife. It's just a hunch, but I could see Lawson liking her and maybe deciding to "wait" for her to get older and ready for a relationship. If Joy's courtship became known around the time of the wedding and Lawson saw them together then, I could see him being moany about that, and perhaps not even thinking about how people would perceive the posts being about Jinger. But I'm sure we'll never know one way or another.

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder why Lawson and Trace are in Texas.  I know the National Bible Bee is happening in San Antonio right now, but as far as I know no Bates or Duggar has ever participated.  Might Lawson be "performing" at it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM5GUJHhdSH/?taken-by=lawbates&hl=en

I read somewhere that they were probably going to a wedding.

*Goes and looks it up*

Apparently they are in Texas for the wedding of Gabrielle Perez and Drew Patton.

It's a good thing these people don't have jobs or school because they seem to attend weddings across the country just about every weekend.

19 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

It's a good thing these people don't have jobs or school because they seem to attend weddings across the country just about every weekend.

True dat.

Gabrielle Perez is TexasGal on Instagram--she just got a nursing degree from UT-Arlington. She's friends with Marjorie Sayler too-- wonder if she and Nathan are both at the wedding?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

True dat.

Gabrielle Perez is TexasGal on Instagram--she just got a nursing degree from UT-Arlington. She's friends with Marjorie Sayler too-- wonder if she and Nathan are both at the wedding?

I know you meant Ashley.  Speaking of Nathan, he's been MIA lately.  Haven't seen him on any of the family's Instagrams.  Wonder if his being out of sight is significant in any way.

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I know you meant Ashley.  Speaking of Nathan, he's been MIA lately.  Haven't seen him on any of the family's Instagrams.  Wonder if his being out of sight is significant in any way.

He could be hanging out at Sonic. :pb_lol:

He was in a pic with Lawson and Katie last night. Apparently there's a youth conference at Pigeon Forge! Look under BatesFam Instagram where others can tag you!

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

He was in a pic with Lawson and Katie last night. Apparently there's a youth conference at Pigeon Forge! Look under BatesFam Instagram where others can tag you!

I can't find that picture.  All I see is a pic of one of the little boys bowling.  What do you mean where others can tag you?  I don't have instagram.

46 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I can't find that picture.  All I see is a pic of one of the little boys bowling.  What do you mean where others can tag you?  I don't have instagram.

Oh if you get an account then other people can "tag" or comment your name in a pic. Once you get an account you can see three buttons above their pictures the first two buttons are different layouts that you can see the users pics. The last button you can press and it shows the people that have posted pics and that have tagged or written your Instagram account name on there!

OK. Thanks @Fighter.  I'll get an acct one of these days.  Good to know Nathan hasn't been shipped off to Alert or anything :my_biggrin:.

72daf459d1bf3e4b4a2283fce970f7dc.jpg

Here's Nathan out to dinner in Texas with Lawson, Trace and friends.

Also, is this the picture you guys are discussing? -

Really not trying to start anything of Bates are better than Duggars by any means, but I feel like we see pics of the Bates kids out with other (fundie) friends. Getting dinner, doing things that normal people do with friends. I feel like whenever we see pics of the Duggar kids, it's always at the TTH where families come over with kids their ages. I think someone in one of the Duggar threads recently said how the Duggars are friends with families, not individuals. It seems like the Bates kids actually have some individual friends. Has anyone else noticed this? Or do you think this is still just PR doing a better job?

30 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Really not trying to start anything of Bates are better than Duggars by any means, but I feel like we see pics of the Bates kids out with other (fundie) friends. Getting dinner, doing things that normal people do with friends. I feel like whenever we see pics of the Duggar kids, it's always at the TTH where families come over with kids their ages. I think someone in one of the Duggar threads recently said how the Duggars are friends with families, not individuals. It seems like the Bates kids actually have some individual friends. Has anyone else noticed this? Or do you think this is still just PR doing a better job?

I think a lot of that could just boil down to location. Northwestern Arkansas is pretty rural all the way around, and while the Bateses kinda live in the middle of nowhere themselves, they're only about half an hour out from Knoxville, TN. I grew up in Knoxville, and there are a lot of socializing opportunities for fundie and fundie-light teenagers and young adults. It's always appeared that the Bates parents are cool with their kids hanging out with Southern Baptists and conservative non-denoms, of which there are many in eastern Tennessee. When I lived there, there were at least two local megachurches (one of which I attended for a few years) that were constantly hosting events targeted towards that age group that attracted kids from smaller, more conservative churches. There were also bigger conferences like Hearts on Fire (which I attended back in the day, AMA) that happened a few times a year. 

So, I can see where the Bates kids have had opportunities to socialize and make their own friends that the Duggars wouldn't have. After all, the Duggars going anywhere is a major production that, until TLC came along, didn't happen that frequently. It would make sense for them to have family-based friendships when the bulk of their socializing consisted of yearly trips to Big Sandy and visits to and from other megafamilies. 

I don't think that makes the Bateses better, either, as those events were heavily supervised (I unsuccessfully sought mischief at them on several occasions), and involved a lot of the more toxic aspects of conservative Christianity. 

Not exactly related, but I was looking through Lawson's instagram and he sure doesn't seem to mind posting pics of himself sleeveless.

I think he likes making fundie girls quiver a bit...

Really not trying to start anything of Bates are better than Duggars by any means, but I feel like we see pics of the Bates kids out with other (fundie) friends. Getting dinner, doing things that normal people do with friends. I feel like whenever we see pics of the Duggar kids, it's always at the

TTH where families come over with kids their ages. I think someone in one of the Duggar threads recently said how the Duggars are friends with families, not individuals. It seems like the Bates kids actually have some individual friends. Has anyone else noticed this? Or do you think this is still just PR doing a better job?

It's because Gil and Kelly want to be fundie royalty. So, they go places and hang out a lot with other like-minded people in order to find future spouses. JB wants to be the top dog and not share the spotlight.

22 hours ago, habert said:

Not exactly related, but I was looking through Lawson's instagram and he sure doesn't seem to mind posting pics of himself sleeveless.

I think he likes making fundie girls quiver a bit...

A bit?

Oh please-- Lawson spends half his waking hours dreaming of Instagram poses that will make all the maiden leghumpers sigh and all the boys post "oh, you are so cool."

And how many performances did his "Fall Tour"  end of consisting of--THREE?  One in Indiana (or someplace in the midwest) and two at hometown churches?  That hardly equals a "tour"

Get a job, you 24 year old slacker.

On 10/31/2016 at 6:45 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Lawson is acting like a fundie patriarch to be. He's a conceited asshole like his parents, and he and they will never get any sympathy from me.....EVER!

They're always making fun of him for not having a girlfriend, as though it's really a problem for him when given his situation in the Fundie world, he should be sought after. Maybe this is the reason why. 

2 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're always making fun of him for not having a girlfriend, as though it's really a problem for him when given his situation in the Fundie world, he should be sought after. Maybe this is the reason why. 

I think Lawson just doesn't want to be tied down right now. I think that's great. Be single, have fun and not worry that you haven't yet started your quiver. I think it's better he focus on his music and selfies rather than jump into marriage because it is the acceptable time. Let's not forget he seems to have worked hard to financially provide for his family for years. Lawson deserves the right to focus on himself, especially since the family has more money now and isn't financially dependent on him. I am not a fan girl by any means but I don't get why the one who worked hard to financially take care of the family gets so much heat when it appears he focuses on himself. Yet, we are so sad that the SAHDs aren't more selfish by focusing on themselves instead of taking care of their families.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived