IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

I happen to like country music (you almost never hear it in Germany) and find it not so bad. But I have to admit that I even thought famys stuff was ok (although I don't remember anything from her, only the overall impression), so I'm not a pro for this kind of music.

I like his voice and the songs are mellow - but as you said, could be more elaborate. But if somebody was giving me the CD (for sure not buying it) I could listen to it whilst thankfully sweeping the kitchenfloor!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was appalled to hear that Lawson was selling his CDs outside during Erin and Chad's wedding, and then it occurred to me that he might be trying to raise money to feed his family. Still pretty awful that Kelly and Gil aren't feeding their own, and are instead relying upon the Bank of Lawson.

Agree that he might honestly trying to do that, even if was not the proper time and place. It sounds like he works pretty hard and maybe out of habit doesn't miss an opportunity for income. However, his family relying on him so heavily is wrong; his parents are responsible for providing for all those kids they chose to bring into the world not him. It's one thing to contribute to the family to occasionally help out, especially in hard times, and there's other people in the family working to keep the family afloat. Or there's a situation like disability or sickness. But that's not happening here. He has a lazy completely able-bodied dad who opted out of a decent job, chooses to work whenever and is proud of getting things out of people for free. Plus parents who insist on adding more kids to the family even as they can't support the ones they have. He's their workhorse. That's wrong and what really concerns me that not only does his family think it OK, he might think it's OK. I hope for his sake that down deep he's not OK with it, just stuck because he's living under their roof, and solves that particular problem by getting out.

ETA: I hope he's celebrating the fact that he has one less person to provide for as of last weekend.

The CD is $9.99 and the download is $10.99???

All I have to say is that it is better than the Maxwell's. Maybe we should send them a copy.... :think:

As someone from Texas with a mild affinity for country music, all I can say is "meh." Its okay, but not nearly as horrid as I expected. Too many religious songs, but that's no surprise considering the source. If it is a ploy to earn money for his family then that is really sad. Considering how much I've read about Lawson acting as the Bates Family moneylender, I'm sure part of his motivation is to help his family even more. If he genuinely loves music then good for him. Either way, I guess he's just doing what he needs to do.

The CD is $9.99 and the download is $10.99???

All I have to say is that it is better than the Maxwell's. Maybe we should send them a copy.... :think:

With some prints of the defrauding mudding photos and a handful of glitter.

Lawson has a site up for his CD "Freedom Sure Ain't Free": lawsonbates.com

And this site has song samples: cdbaby.com/cd/lawsonbates

What does everyone think?

He has a good voice for country music, though he could still benefit from vocal lessons. It's a little twangy for me personally, but over all, he's as good as most local bar bands.

Also, that hat looks awful on him. I think it's too big or too new.

I'm not a big fan of this type of country music, but his voice is rather nice, warm and calming. Do we know if he wrote the songs himself?

I'm not a big fan of this type of country music, but his voice is rather nice, warm and calming. Do we know if he wrote the songs himself?

The website says he wrote two songs himself but we don't know which two.

It's been done. By the South Park guys in their puppet movie "Team America". I present to you: "Freedom Isn't Free".

That song is totally NOT safe for work.

I would love to know how much it cost to record Lawson's CD (or either of Erin's). And I'd love to know if Erin has sold enough copies to recoup the cost. I assume not.

I'm tired of this freedom isn't free shit. What's the definition of freedom, according to these idiots? And how would they know, anyway? They avoid military service because it isnt' godly!

I would love to know how much it cost to record Lawson's CD (or either of Erin's). And I'd love to know if Erin has sold enough copies to recoup the cost. I assume not.

I wonder if Gil bullied someone into doing it for the kids for free.

I wonder if Gil bullied someone into doing it for the kids for free.

Well anything poor Lawson makes on the CD will be handed straight over to the lazy work-shy Gill.

Unless he plans on enlisting in the military what is he doing recording a song called Freedom Sure Ain't Free? Aren't most ATI families more likely to play military than actually join it?

Unless he plans on enlisting in the military what is he doing recording a song called Freedom Sure Ain't Free? Aren't most ATI families more likely to play military than actually join it?

Yeah, it's either a massive case of cognitive dissonance or he actually had wished to join the military and Gil said now, and this is his way of complaining about it.

Actually, I'd say the whole point to Christianity is that freedom is free. It's called Grace. We are forgiven and set free because of God's Grace. Of course, if you're trained in Gothards world Grace doesn't mean the same as it does to other Christians.

Actually, I'd say the whole point to Christianity is that freedom is free. It's called Grace. We are forgiven and set free because of God's Grace. Of course, if you're trained in Gothards world Grace doesn't mean the same as it does to other Christians.

Actually, it could mean that freedom isn't free because Jesus had to pay the ultimate price for it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived