IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

26 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Did Lawson attend the CMA Awards? He posted a pic of the arena on twitter

I can't figure out if he attended, or just wants us to think he did. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

You'd think if he did attend that there would be something more than a picture of the arena but maybe they are playing with us again and it can't be shown because UP filmed it. 

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I see no reason Lawson didn't get into the CMA Awards.  Those awards shows are notoriously hard to fill.  It's said that a lot of the people in the front rows that are well dressed but aren't someone you'd recognize aren't always the plus one of someone, or someone up for a secondary award, like sound technicians and the like.  The closer they are to the stage, if they're an unknown, the more likely it is that they're being paid to dress up and look alert and happy.  Gotta fill those seats.  I could see Lawson and others who didn't score an invitation hanging around outside waiting to see if they'll be asked to sit in the nosebleed seats so there are more bodies in the house.  After all, if they're interested, already dressed up, and can behave themselves it's a win all the way around.

But yeah, I don't have an explanation for why he doesn't have any pictures of him actually inside the arena.

Could be that you aren't allowed to use your phones inside. I've been to a few late night tv show tapings where it's the rule to shut everything off. I know there could be a difference between the two as the CMAs are live, and late night tv shows are pre-taped. But I suppose it's possible? 

Or just shady business as usual :56247983ade1d_liar1:

Wich kind of girl do you think could be a good match with Lawson ? I can't immagine anyone, maybe a little she girl who at him like well,  a headship ? 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

You'd think if he did attend that there would be something more than a picture of the arena but maybe they are playing with us again and it can't be shown because UP filmed it. 

I'm not sure that whatever major tv network televised the CMAs would allow a 4th-tier network like UP film in their production. I'm open to the ideas that 1. Lawson wasn't anywhere near Nashville, but posted someone else's photo of the arena to make us think he got to attend OR 2. Lawson was just hanging around outside with other fans, hoping to get a glimpse of famous people.

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

I'm not sure that whatever major tv network televised the CMAs would allow a 4th-tier network like UP film in their production. I'm open to the ideas that 1. Lawson wasn't anywhere near Nashville, but posted someone else's photo of the arena to make us think he got to attend OR 2. Lawson was just hanging around outside with other fans, hoping to get a glimpse of famous people.

Yeah I was unsure about that as well but seeing that UP is so lowly would they think that it mattered at all? 

I'm sure Lawson was just being a fanboy and dreaming of when he would be accepting his CMA award but just a thought! :D

On ‎02‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 4:08 PM, MorningMist said:

These people seem to pick and choose what they believe in whenever it suits them so who knows!

From livestreams on Facebook and from the show, you definitely get the impression that Lawson has tried (and failed) to keep a girl interested for so long. I think in one livestream Carlin joked that no girl has managed to put up with him for very long.

The Lawson and Jinger thing is based on rumours and coincidences. Here's my basic summary of it:

- He went to Amy's wedding and was pictured standing next to Jinger and many people assumed that this placement, along with the lack of Bateses at the wedding, suggested they were together.

- There's been lots of hints from the family about a Duggar/Bates relationship however there was a lot of debate to whom people thought this was about (Carlin/Joe, Tori/Joe or Lawson/Jinger were the main theories)

- Lawson posted a video which he quickly deleted of him, Jinger and I think Joy (chaperone?) at a sports game which caused a lot of rumours. It did actually look like they were on a date.

- The two were back and forth between Arkansas and Tennessee (I think John David flew Jinger over at one point) every couple of weeks last year until around Christmas time when Jinger apparently got involved with Jeremy.

- Then, adding fire to the flames, Lawson tweeted some coy messages on the day Jinger announced her courtship that could be interpreted as indirects to her.

- Now he's writing music about loving again and it's all very suspicious.

Tl;dr - There was probably something going on there, not a courtship but some testing of the waters to see if they would work - They didn't. However this is entirely based of rumours.

Wow, now that´s a precise answer. Thank you so much for this.

I´ll come to you with my next questions  :my_rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Flossie said:

I see no reason Lawson didn't get into the CMA Awards.  Those awards shows are notoriously hard to fill.  It's said that a lot of the people in the front rows that are well dressed but aren't someone you'd recognize aren't always the plus one of someone, or someone up for a secondary award, like sound technicians and the like.  The closer they are to the stage, if they're an unknown, the more likely it is that they're being paid to dress up and look alert and happy.  Gotta fill those seats.  I could see Lawson and others who didn't score an invitation hanging around outside waiting to see if they'll be asked to sit in the nosebleed seats so there are more bodies in the house.  After all, if they're interested, already dressed up, and can behave themselves it's a win all the way around.

But yeah, I don't have an explanation for why he doesn't have any pictures of him actually inside the arena.

The CMA Awards used to be a very tough ticket, when the ceremony was held at the Opry House.  Only members of the Country Music Association could get tickets, and they were not allowed to sell them to non-members.  There were a limited number of seat fillers at that closed ceremony, and I actually got to do that and attend a dress rehearsal once b/c I did work for the CMA.   Now it is held at the Bridgestone Arena, and they sell tickets to the general public.  I'm guessing Lawson went.  A ton of my friends went.   I haven't been since they started holding at Bridgestone b/c 1) WGAF and 2) I don't do CMA work anymore.  

ICYMI on the Jinger and Jeremy thread, Lawson has been tweeting a lot recently, lowkey confirming the Jinger thing:

Night Before the Wedding:

He posted something and deleted before I noticed what he had written

Then this:

tumblr_og6mwvRiub1tl94kio1_1280.jpgScreen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.25.08.png

Before the Wedding:

tumblr_og6mwvRiub1tl94kio2_1280.jpg

After the Wedding:

tumblr_og6w6tu1f71tl94kio1_1280.jpg

Then he posted this from the wedding reception so he definitely went (albeit a little casual):

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.19.30.png

In other words, he's going to be insufferable for a while.

I find it strange that he went to the wedding if all those tweets are really about Jinger. Why not politely decline and say you have prior obligations? Or got ill? 

I think Lawson is just playing games with the audience and trying to get attention, nothing more. I bet that when JinJer's wedding become ordinary we will hear rumors about Lawson being Joy's special friend. Because there has to be at least one marriage between Duggars and Bateseses. 

17 minutes ago, mstee said:

I find it strange that he went to the wedding if all those tweets are really about Jinger. Why not politely decline and say you have prior obligations? Or got ill? 

Because he is an attention whore. 

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Because he is an attention whore. 

^^ exactly. You can totally see him being like "I'm going to dress out of my suit because you chose someone else, HA take that JinJer." ;) 

38 minutes ago, titerlitury said:

I bet that when JinJer's wedding become ordinary he has his next record out we will hear rumors about Lawson being Joy's special friend. Because there has to be at least one marriage between Duggars and Bateseses. 

FTFY

His timing his album to come out at the same time as Jinger's wedding, with the first single "I'll love again", puts me in the attention whore camp too.

12 minutes ago, Lurky said:

FTFY

His timing his album to come out at the same time as Jinger's wedding, with the first single "I'll love again", puts me in the attention whore camp too.

Oh definitely. He loves the speculation. He soaks in it. I hope he realize that we don't buy his music. :P 

Oh definitely. He loves the speculation. He soaks in it. I hope he realize that we don't buy his music. [emoji14] 

I don't think I've even listened to any other than the one from Michael's wedding...

2 hours ago, mstee said:

I'm not sure his parents would let him stay home alone:/

Regarding Lawson's tweets, I am going with attention whore.  Really don't know if they have anything to do with Jinger, but if they are, it's rather shitty behavior IMHO.    If you are disappointed that something did work out, fine, but you don't use it for attention.  Vent privately and in public STFU.  

Also, he was a bit too casually dressed for the occasion but then again, it's not the first that we have seen this sort of thing (speaking of fundies in general and not just Lawson).  Then again, the Bateseseses are not the epitome of class.

Lawson's behavior is disgusting and proves that between him and Jeremy, Jinger made the right decision. He knows exactly what he's doing by subtweeting whenever JinJer have any sort of news come out. It pisses me off because it reminds me of how so many other guys act when you reject or choose to break up with them. They come up with all of these reasons why you're awful because they think they're such a catch and have no sense of self awareness. 

28 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Lawson's behavior is disgusting and proves that between him and Jeremy, Jinger made the right decision. He knows exactly what he's doing by subtweeting whenever JinJer have any sort of news come out. It pisses me off because it reminds me of how so many other guys act when you reject or choose to break up with them. They come up with all of these reasons why you're awful because they think they're such a catch and have no sense of self awareness. 

I was just coming here to say this! If something did happen between Lawson and Jinger, Lawson is now proving to the world why exactly Jinger dumped his butt and went for Jeremy instead. He's acting like a 12-year-old who got dumped for the first time. I'm experiencing second-hand embarrassment for him.

36 minutes ago, meep said:

I was just coming here to say this! If something did happen between Lawson and Jinger, Lawson is now proving to the world why exactly Jinger dumped his butt and went for Jeremy instead. He's acting like a 12-year-old who got dumped for the first time. I'm experiencing second-hand embarrassment for him.

But emotionally, he IS a 12-year-old who got dumped for the first time. He's never had the chance to experience normal teenage heartbreak, or the ending of a high school relationship. Due to his parents' antediluvian views on courtship and homeschooling, he didn't get any age-appropriate romances or enough interactions with girls to be able to deal with this situation maturely.

I'm not defending Lawson: he's acting like a brat and he should know better. However, the big fault lies with how he was raised.

But emotionally, he IS a 12-year-old who got dumped for the first time. He's never had the chance to experience normal teenage heartbreak, or the ending of a high school relationship. Due to his parents' antediluvian views on courtship and homeschooling, he didn't get any age-appropriate romances or enough interactions with girls to be able to deal with this situation maturely.
I'm not defending Lawson: he's acting like a brat and he should know better. However, the big fault lies with how he was raised.

Yeah, it's like if they weren't fundie, the two would have just fooled around a bit in their teens, had an awkward break up and moved on. They put so much pressure on these kids to get married, no wonder he is still sour about it 10 months later.

Still not the way to go about it though.

3 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Oh there's no doubt that it's extremely rude but yes the sheltered don't lose pieces of your heart model clearly doesn't work. And if Jinger was getting to know Lawson, she probably thinks that she escaped that one. Can you imagine trying to get along with him? He'd probably throw a tantrum when he couldn't get his way! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived