IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

Poor Everly in a box--makes me feel like I should be praising the embalmer's skill at making the corpse look so lifelike.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite being a fundamentalist reactionary, Chad really does seem like a good husband and I hope my future husband takes care of me like that

Baby Everly is sooooo cute, she's giving me baby fever

Erin had to bring her plants inside because of the Weather i can sympathize we have snow on the ground also. crazy for the middle of April 

Our weather here has been crazy here. Really hot and windy, so there was some bad fires unfortunately.

The heat is causing things to bloom unexpectedly, and the wind knocked over my pot plants so I had to bring them inside! One of my new palms is rather lopsided now too.

12 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Our weather here has been crazy here. Really hot and windy, so there was some bad fires unfortunately.

The heat is causing things to bloom unexpectedly, and the wind knocked over my pot plants so I had to bring them inside! One of my new palms is rather lopsided now too.

I'm guessing you aren't in the US, where "pot plants" mean something rather different! : )

[we say "potted plants"]

We've had wind gusts up to about 80 mph here in the valley. It gets crazy when the wind comes over the mountains and down to the valley floor. Today its breezy but yesterday it could have knocked people over. Fortunately we live in the middle of the west side so it gets broken up a bit. 

It's been cold as a witches tit on my little rock in the North Atlantic, tomorrow it will be 12C after a shit load of freezing rain and ice tonight. Make up your mind weather! 

Everly is cute but I hate Taryn's pictures. Always have and always will! 

57 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

birthday message to Chad from the Bates. 

BEC moment -

Dear! Kelly! Please! Stop! Abusing! Goddamn! Exclamation! Points! 

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

BEC moment -

Dear! Kelly! Please! Stop! Abusing! Goddamn! Exclamation! Points! 

I imagine SOTDRT goes something like this:

”And this is the most important punctuation mark of all, an exclamation point! You should use this at the end of any and all sentences!”

I laughed at the "still a looker" hastag.

He is only 31, of course he hasn't changed a lot since you met all of 5 years ago!

Lovely photo of him and Everley though. 

8 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I laughed at the "still a looker" hastag.

I  know there is true and genuine love between Erin and Chad, but reading Erin's posts, sometimes it seems he's a trophy husband. And she has  posted comments about Chad's appearance that are everything but modest or godly, like calling him hot or praising his muscles. My own husband is handsome, but I cannot imagine publicy posting things like these.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I  know there is true and genuine love between Erin and Chad, but reading Erin's posts, sometimes it seems he's a trophy husband. And she has  posted comments about Chad's appearance that are everything but modest or godly, like calling him hot or praising his muscles. My own husband is handsome, but I cannot imagine publicy posting things like these.

They see it as Godly since they’re married. Those comments are allowed within matrimony. How she speaks of Chad is fairly common amongst many young married evangelicals. She praises his talents along with his looks. I personally find it healthy, but I also know not everyone is comfortable with it for themselves. 

4 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

They see it as Godly since they’re married. Those comments are allowed within matrimony. How she speaks of Chad is fairly common amongst many young married evangelicals. She praises his talents along with his looks. I personally find it healthy, but I also know not everyone is comfortable with it for themselves. 

Using this standard for praising someone, what happens to evangelicals who marry someone who is not overly physically attractive?

I know an evangelical who married a man who was in a horrific accident that left his face (and many other body parts) very damaged. Do fundies married to those folks just skip the comments about looks?

It seems very superficial to me. Looks are so fleeting.

Although my friend who married a fundamentalist, did lose a good amount of weight and has maintained it for 30 years. She tries on her wedding dress every anniversary. I think it is a very important aspect of her marriage and life.

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Using this standard for praising someone, what happens to evangelicals who marry someone who is not overly physically attractive?

I know an evangelical who married a man who was in a horrific accident that left his face (and many other body parts) very damaged. Do fundies married to those folks just skip the comments about looks?

It seems very superficial to me. Looks are so fleeting.

Although my friend who married a fundamentalist, did lose a good amount of weight and has maintained it for 30 years. She tries on her wedding dress every anniversary. I think it is a very important aspect of her marriage and life.

Most people are attracted to the people they decided to spend their lives with. I don’t think it’s superficial to admit that. In fact, like I said before, I think it’s healthy. Normally, though not always, people tend to stay attracted to their spouses as they age. My ex wife rarely commented on my looks and that made me feel horrible. On the other hand, she boosts her current girlfriends looks all the time. 

12 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Except if you're Carlin.

So I didn’t watch the episode tonight but based on Lily and Ellie’s blog Chad, Erin and Carson went to an ultrasound appointment. No Brooklyn mentioned yet again. I’m starting to feel bad for her :my_cry:.

2 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

Except if you're Carlin.

I guess she doesn’t care about being godly hahahaha

15 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I guess she doesn’t care about being godly hahahaha

ah they've been together awhile by that point doubt anything will go south for them by then or now which is probably why she felt okay saying that. 

14 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

ah they've been together awhile by that point doubt anything will go south for them by then or now which is probably why she felt okay saying that. 

True. And I’m sure she’ll be even more over the top about that stuff than Erin is when they’re married. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So I didn’t watch the episode tonight but based on Lily and Ellie’s blog Chad, Erin and Carson went to an ultrasound appointment. No Brooklyn mentioned yet again. I’m starting to feel bad for her :my_cry:.

Maybe because she is too young to understand yet an ultrasound? the Bates did a live facebook today and they were in a car travelling to somewhere and Erin was with Brooklyn and Everly only. They said Whitney and Zach were taking care of the rest of the kids, so i guess Carson was with them.

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

Maybe because she is too young to understand yet an ultrasound? the Bates did a live facebook today and they were in a car travelling to somewhere and Erin was with Brooklyn and Everly only. They said Whitney and Zach were taking care of the rest of the kids, so i guess Carson was with them.

They might have been going to Texas. Lawson did an live insta about ten hours ago saying he was going to be in Huston Tomorrow or I guess today now. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived