IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

Oh man that Carson video. I missed that. :pb_lol: 

I'm surprised she posted that photo of him with his pants down tbh, it's so unfundie. Steve Maxwell would be weeping and clutching his pearls right now.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh man that Carson video. I missed that. :pb_lol: 

I'm surprised she posted that photo of him with his pants down tbh, it's so unfundie. Steve Maxwell would be weeping and clutching his pearls right now.

Carson will grow up and there are 99% chances that he hates to have been pictured pottytraining and pants down.

And no. Definitely I don't believe anybody loves potty training a kid while nursing a newborn and chasing a toddler. I assume someone else is cleaning that house (Chad?) and they're just eating frozen meals. But even if Erin is just in survival mode, absolutely all the mothers I know would be stressed.

It's sad she seems to have forget about her teaching career. Based in her instagram, it looks like she stopped music just before having Brooks.

Yeah, my parents had a few photos like that of my sisters and I in embarrassing situations and I ripped all of them up when I was around 8 or 9.  I don't know what they thought was going to happen when I saw them. lol

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Carson will grow up and there are 99% chances that he hates to have been pictured pottytraining and pants down.

Really?  I think it would be cute if there were pictures of me like that when I was a little kid. Kids do stuff like that--I can see why it might seem embarrassing when you're an older kid or even a teenager, but as an adult, why? 

Erin’s best friend (the one who planned her baby shower)has a public Instagram and posted this photo. Gotta love the self congratulatory hashtag. Her Instagram is mostly a series of her taking low quality photos of herself in modest dresses and tagging the brands. (In fact one of her posts says the goal is essentially to share clothes with other women whose goal is to live for the lord.)

*I cropped the kid’s faces because it didn’t feel right to post them? AD24058F-D601-4899-99C0-96A1E424EFE5.thumb.jpeg.c63c8258fc759503e25924e586df34a3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Erin’s best friend (the one who planned her baby shower)has a public Instagram and posted this photo. Gotta love the self congratulatory hashtag. Her Instagram is mostly a series of her taking low quality photos of herself in modest dresses and tagging the brands. (In fact one of her posts says the goal is essentially to share clothes with other women whose goal is to live for the lord.)

*I cropped the kid’s faces because it didn’t feel right to post them? AD24058F-D601-4899-99C0-96A1E424EFE5.thumb.jpeg.c63c8258fc759503e25924e586df34a3.jpeg

I don’t get how people are comfortable getting in the pool with outfits like that on. I feel like they’re heavy and weigh people down. Plus they’re little girls. I don’t see anything wrong with putting them in a wetsuit. 

Also, she posted this gem *eyeroll* back in December: 

18C9155E-E048-4232-BE84-EDD8A2BCF658.thumb.jpeg.b99fa14c4931cdac5a088e809a4c4d4c.jpeg

I love typos - shows filled with immortality.  They should approve of that.

I know she meant immorality.  :)

30 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t get how people are comfortable getting in the pool with outfits like that on. I feel like they’re heavy and weigh people down. Plus they’re little girls. I don’t see anything wrong with putting them in a wetsuit. 

Also, she posted this gem *eyeroll* back in December: 

18C9155E-E048-4232-BE84-EDD8A2BCF658.thumb.jpeg.b99fa14c4931cdac5a088e809a4c4d4c.jpeg

The whole modest swimwear thing really bugs me.

Swimming and water safety are a big part of culture here. In school we had to do compulsory swimming where you had to bring heavy, wool clothes and then jump in and tread water for a certain amount of time, before getting out of those clothes and then swimming a certain distance. I have friends who are immigrants who say when they have children they will learn to swim, simply because it's something everyone should know living here. My university even offers free swimming lessons to international students because so many don't know how to swim.

These kids are barely learning to swim and on top of it, are forced into unsafe garments in the name of modesty.

The ability to swim, and swim enough to save yourself in a bad situation (even just falling into a pool) is not something you leave up to God. You teach your kids fire is hot and not to touch, you teach them how to drive safely. 

A rash vest and some boardshorts are just as modest, as well as protective from the sun AND being designed for swimming and therefore far safer.

Reading that next paragraph you just know the hell those girls are going to go through if they even thought about listening to music or wearing a v neck instead of a round one. Its horrible. Look at the change between say Erin and Michael and now down to Carlin and Josie in terms of fashion and behaviour. Don't ever your floor length frumper in a knot, lady.

I went through her page and in the fall she posted a picture of her on a bike. The dress she was wearing was below the knee and not exactly flowy. How exactly can you be modest riding a bike like that? 

On 4/22/2018 at 12:13 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Ugh I can't with modest swimwear, especially for kids, for so many reasons, not the least of which is- there is no gap in the market which is being filled by these atrocities. Like, congratulations, you've created the already existing rashguard and swim skirt, but with more drowning potential.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:08 AM, TeaELSee said:

They left poor Brooklyn in the dust again.

I’m being dramatic on purpose....I know they probably had a reason but it just looks so consistently obvious!  

Remember when kell y and eri n went to see Michael they left Brooklyn home but brought carson that time too and she was much younger than. I was very surprised and it made me  think less of eri n as a mom. 

14 hours ago, dsjbeam said:

Remember when kell y and eri n went to see Michael they left Brooklyn home but brought carson that time too and she was much younger than. I was very surprised and it made me  think less of eri n as a mom. 

Again, if you already can't manage all of your kids, why would you have more?????????

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Again, if you already can't manage all of your kids, why would you have more?????????

Yes, that's why most people stop because they can't manage or afford anymore kids. I'm pretty sure that's what God wants too.   

On 24/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, SassyPants said:

In fact, every parent I know can manage 2 kids. Especially when it's two adults travelling, one of them a young grandma nonetheless!. I think Erin just prefers Carson, and it's sad and unfair that she makes it so evident. Maybe Brooks is a horrible traveller, but parenting is not always funny. 

This said, if you really can't manage/afford travelling with 2 kids, at least choose the baby, who is more attached to the mother. A biggest kid can understand that mom is coming back, can be more easily cared or entertained by relatives, etc.

I wouldn't critisize Erin for travelling alone with Carson if she wasn't playing favourites with Carson all the time.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, dsjbeam said:

At first I thought it was nice she was giving Carson some one-on-one time. After seeing her only take Carson again to the bachelorette trip too, I don't know. Maybe Brooklyn wants to stay with Chad or Erin really does have a favorite.

I thought it was interesting that Erin said she is done having babies after having each one. I wouldn't think she would say that since that implies birth control or family planning of some sort. I saw it on the last episode of BUB. 

Brooklyn was only a year old. Maybe Erin thought that taking Brooklyn would interfere too much with her schedule at such a young age and it wasn't worth the disruption for a short trip. There's a lot of judgement going on here.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought being judgmental and having fun with gossip was a big part of this board? 

In my judgement Erin appears to favor Carson, Carlin and Evan are immature, Lawson ...Nathan.. I could go on and on.

ok, I'm gonna take the "I'm a bad mom" lumps on this one.  But I have several pictures of my son in unflattering, unnecessary, & buck ass naked situations.  But one in particular stands out because copies were made & given to a few family members.  For the record, you can't actually see his face or his butt in the pic, but it was there and bare.  It was when he was about 3 & we were on vacation visiting some friends in the country.  Way out in the country.  It was the 1st time my kiddo had pee'd outside and let's just say, he didn't pee inside the rest of that vacation it was such an event for him.  He also wore a pair of old red cowboy boots the entire time he was there. 

I took the pic standing behind him & it's just him standing in the middle of a cow sorting  pen, with cows, peeing on a fence post.  His pants down around those red cowboy boots & an oversized cowboy hat on his head.    And I'm sorry, but OMG the picture is so frigging adorable & cute.  Both of his grandmothers were given a copy of it.  I still have a small framed pic of it on my dresser.   I don't show it to people, I don't share it with anyone (it did make the awwwwww rounds when he was 3 with family).  I've been forced to pinkie swear with my kiddo that I will never show it to any girl he dates.  I have no problem respecting him wishes on it.  If I was in that situation again today, I'd still take the picture & share it the way I did, I wouldn't ever share it online tho.  He's also almost more embarrassed from all the cowboy stuff than his nonvisible naked butt.  lol

On 4/24/2018 at 8:31 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

Yes, that's why most people stop because they can't manage or afford anymore kids. I'm pretty sure that's what God wants too.   

And this is why God gave us contraception. Erin has medical issues and should probably not push too far with this big family thing. 

1 hour ago, Rio said:

And this is why God gave us contraception. Erin has medical issues and should probably not push too far with this big family thing. 

From my understanding the biggest health problem she might encounter is that almost all forms of heparin will start eating up your calcium depots in long term use (more than 6-9 weeks I think)- so you have to supplement to prevent problems later. She seems not to suffer from any side effects so far. 

However, almost back to back pregnancies surely can have a negative effect on her vitamin depots in general and as far as I know there are no long-term studies for the amount of heparin she will be taking when she goes on like that.

17 hours ago, Southern Unicorn said:

ok, I'm gonna take the "I'm a bad mom" lumps on this one.  But I have several pictures of my son in unflattering, unnecessary, & buck ass naked situations.  But one in particular stands out because copies were made & given to a few family members.  For the record, you can't actually see his face or his butt in the pic, but it was there and bare.  It was when he was about 3 & we were on vacation visiting some friends in the country.  Way out in the country.  It was the 1st time my kiddo had pee'd outside and let's just say, he didn't pee inside the rest of that vacation it was such an event for him.  He also wore a pair of old red cowboy boots the entire time he was there. 

I took the pic standing behind him & it's just him standing in the middle of a cow sorting  pen, with cows, peeing on a fence post.  His pants down around those red cowboy boots & an oversized cowboy hat on his head.    And I'm sorry, but OMG the picture is so frigging adorable & cute.  Both of his grandmothers were given a copy of it.  I still have a small framed pic of it on my dresser.   I don't show it to people, I don't share it with anyone (it did make the awwwwww rounds when he was 3 with family).  I've been forced to pinkie swear with my kiddo that I will never show it to any girl he dates.  I have no problem respecting him wishes on it.  If I was in that situation again today, I'd still take the picture & share it the way I did, I wouldn't ever share it online tho.  He's also almost more embarrassed from all the cowboy stuff than his nonvisible naked butt.  lol

That sounds so cute.I know what you mean.For years,I was a stay at home Mom,when my oldest was about 3 and my middle son about 5 or 6 months,I didn't have a playpen,so I'd put a big soft blanket on the floor with the baby's toys.I wasn't gone long,probably to the bathroom...I came back...my baby is completely naked!The three year old said he tried to change him!It was funny,and cute..and yes I did take pictures...and told my three year old to wait for me and not "change" the baby!

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

From my understanding the biggest health problem she might encounter is that almost all forms of heparin will start eating up your calcium depots in long term use (more than 6-9 weeks I think)- so you have to supplement to prevent problems later. She seems not to suffer from any side effects so far. 

However, almost back to back pregnancies surely can have a negative effect on her vitamin depots in general and as far as I know there are no long-term studies for the amount of heparin she will be taking when she goes on like that.

So,Erin could possibly have bone loss,maybe osteoporosis from taking heparin?Eventually?Possibly?

I don't wish that on her,my grandmother had it.

3 hours ago, melon said:

So,Erin could possibly have bone loss,maybe osteoporosis from taking heparin?Eventually?Possibly?

I don't wish that on her,my grandmother had it.

As far as I know it is a possibility but not the norm/not proven. It seems more a assumption. At least it is mentioned in the side effect form (of my own heparin medication) but with no parameter how likely it is/ how often it can occur (different to the other possible side effects) - because there are not enough cases to make a valid connection. My doctors still recommend to supplement just to be sure. Long term heparin treatments in pregnancy are (and will probably stay) a so called “off label use” in my country. Just because no one is willing to make the required scientific studies on pregnant women. And I can not imagine any pregnant woman willingly taking part in a big blind study. The treatment is still valid enough to be fully covered by our general health insurance, the calcium supplement needs a really small co-payment.

Not knowing Erin’s exact medical diagnosis I want to add that in most cases a heparin treatment is prescribed to the mother for her own safety. Yes, there is a risk for blood clotting to kill the baby but more often the mother is the one in danger from developing bad thrombosis during pregnancy. 

As people are talking about wearing extra clothes to make you a better swimmer, maybe the suits help?

Maybe Brooklyn is more attached to Chad so she's happiest with him?

Or maybe they're all nuts trying go drown the girls and Erin really doesn't like Brooklyn. 

Who knows?

Kids have different personalities and I sort of get the feeling that Brooklyn might be a toddler with a tempermental and cranky personality.

She doesn't look easy-going or cheerful in most of the pics. She usually has  a crabby look. Like the photo with her in the supermarket cart eating cheetos. A sort of "don't mess with me" look. Some babies are like that. It can be kinda cute, actually. 

So it's possible she may not be an easy child. I can remember when she was about 3  months and Erin made a joke about how she was always crying. 

On the other hand, Carson strikes me as the sweet, sensitive, gentle type of toddler. 

So it could be that Carson is just easier, or that Erin simply finds him easier, or finds his personality easier to relate to.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived