IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

On 14 July 2017 at 1:08 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

We had SO.MUCH.FUN. at church lock-ins. The adults were all like:  "Bring your friends! Bring your boyfriend! Bring your girlfriend"

And we'd "lock in" while the chaperones hung out in the kitchen part of the fellowship hall and got drunk. So. We all know how THAT went, right? lol

I remember !! Rock on the early 70's!!! So liberal. Ha Ha!!!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BlackberryBoy has chaperoned both church and school lock ins. Both were heavily organized, scheduled and adult heavy. Movies, bowling, volley ball, crafts, service projects, regular tv, lots of food. Kids didn't get a second unsupervised.

In the summer in college I waitressed at a "date night" restaurant...people could request a floral arrangement and we put 3 roses in it because that is how many roses $8.99 bought you.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I know Jeremy went to college, but I don't know what he studied - does he have any formal education in Christian theology? Is this truly an area of expertise for him or is he more or less winging it? 

Maybe the third rose represented God in their relationship? I could see him doing something like that. 

So again, can someone explain to me how Jeremy is so different than the Duggars with his ranting against Catholics and pretty much anyone who doesn't believe he exactly as he does? Still believe he and Jinger will go fundy -lite or just regular conservative Christian? Anyone? Bueller? Seems to me he is just a better dressed, better educated Duggar. It's why I don't think he had to lie on the alleged Jim Bob courting application. I believe it's more likely than not Jeremy's belief system is very similar, if not identical, to that of the Duggars. 

I find it interesting people think that if Jinger wears pants or shorts, she is somehow changing her belief system or is suddenly going fundy-life. Yet, if a Bates does the same exact thing, there are warnings that they have the same horrible belief system or they are trying to blend in and bring in more people to their way of thinking. It's interesting that Jinger and Jeremy get a pass but other fundy families are called out for doing the same thing. 

First comes the glow, then the vomiting! Enjoy that 1st week girl!

IF she's pregnant.  :my_biggrin:

For those asking about the photos:

IMG_0161.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0162.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0163.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0164.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0165.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0166.PNG

@socalrulesI agree. There have been posters pointing out that clothing has no bearing on what JinJer actually believe though. Just as there are posters who point out the same about the Bateses. These threads tend to be more active than the Bates threads, so that could be part of it.

So I decided to do a google street view of Jeremy's church and it has a big sign that says, "Free Pregnancy Tests."  That's kind of interesting - is this a way to intervene in a potential abortion? At least we know Jinger is stocked in pregnancy tests, though!

7 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

So I decided to do a google street view of Jeremy's church and it has a big sign that says, "Free Pregnancy Tests."  That's kind of interesting - is this a way to intervene in a potential abortion? At least we know Jinger is stocked in pregnancy tests, though!

That is not cool.  So nosey and invasive IMO.  I don't like it.

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Does the Catholic butthurt ever end with the Duggars?

Nope.  Idk why it really matters to them.  I really don't.   If anyone knows, let me know!

9 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

Maybe Jinger brought a buttload with her from Moochelle's stash and no longer needs them.
(HA)

I'm not sure when the google street view picture was taken (it might be from before Jeremy took over), but I've never heard of a church advertising free pregnancy tests. It gives me the creeps. 

43 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So again, can someone explain to me how Jeremy is so different than the Duggars with his ranting against Catholics and pretty much anyone who doesn't believe he exactly as he does? Still believe he and Jinger will go fundy -lite or just regular conservative Christian? Anyone? Bueller? Seems to me he is just a better dressed, better educated Duggar. It's why I don't think he had to lie on the alleged Jim Bob courting application. I believe it's more likely than not Jeremy's belief system is very similar, if not identical, to that of the Duggars. 

I find it interesting people think that if Jinger wears pants or shorts, she is somehow changing her belief system or is suddenly going fundy-life. Yet, if a Bates does the same exact thing, there are warnings that they have the same horrible belief system or they are trying to blend in and bring in more people to their way of thinking. It's interesting that Jinger and Jeremy get a pass but other fundy families are called out for doing the same thing. 

Well, in my opinion, "fundie lite" or even conservative Christian doesn't mean a person no longer holds views that most of society finds unacceptable. I imagine a fundie light person (and anyone I consider a CONSERVATIVE Christian) still believes homosexuality is a sin, for example, and still can be quite legalistic in general. To me, fundie lite simply means making allowances that help their own everyday life while still adhering to what they believe to be black and white issues. This would include allowing women to work outside the home (perhaps in more than just childcare or cosmetology jobs, even); wearing modern clothing; raising children in a more trendy, socially acceptable way-- like dropping the Quiverful part of it; and MAYBE even drinking a little alcohol or dancing. So if I ever thought of someone transitioning to "fundie lite" (although I generally don't think in terms of labels), I would be imagining little, not really impactful changes. Maybe the term should be "Gothard lite" in their case? lol. Of course t still hold most of the same core views. I never used the term or heard the term fundie in my real life, though.

So the Inquistor is telling us that Jeremy is still a fundie with the same shitty beliefs as the Duggars, except Jinger can drink wine and wear pants? I'm shocked that Jeremy is an asshole. Shocked, I tell you! :P 

Jeremy's belief system is different in that it isn't quiverfull;  isn't just KJV only; is not literal six day creation or new earth; isn't no alcohol, dancing, or women working;, quite possibly not absolutely literal meaning of the words in the Bible; probably allows reading of other things than just religious material and also probably allows TV and movies.  There are probably some other differences I'm not remembering.  Conservative (some are what I call fundie lite) still have most of the beliefs that are politically conservative.  Political beliefs like that even if based or pretended to be based in religious dogma don't make someone fundie, in my opinion, as they are shared by many outside the evangelical/fundie communities.   I hope I'm making some sense.

I can totally buy the three roses being symbolic for either a baby or god in their relationship. OR I could see that totally being something my husband would do... grab a few roses and put them in a vase and be quite proud of himself. 

That said... I feel like the "special dinner", romantic letter, all the pictures commemorating the evening, basically just all the hoopla around it has me leaning baby. 

In which case (if I'm right), I'm glad they got as long as they did to be alone... much better than Jill's situation. I also hope that jinjer is as excited in the inside as she looks on the outside. Putting my self in her perspective; Based on her lack of interest in Henry's birth, her being the least sister mommyish, and she seems to be enjoying her new found freedom I could see her liking things the way they are. 

Eh. That's a typical "grocery store bouquet in a glass vase for $12.99" around here. Odd numbers look better than even numbers, and the 3-rose version is a few dollars cheaper than the 5-rose version. 

I hope so very much that she's not pregnant. :(

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

In the summer in college I waitressed at a "date night" restaurant...people could request a floral arrangement and we put 3 roses in it because that is how many roses $8.99 bought you.

Please let this be the reason behind the three roses.

21 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

how long have they been married now?

Just a hair over 8 months. 

I do have to say, in the pictures that @VelociRapture posted behind the spoilers, in pictures 4 and 6 Jeremy looks like the cat who swallowed that canary. I get the feel of, "My little swimmers just scored on the opposing goalie!!":brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

Sadly, this doesn't look like good news for us. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived