IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

@PennySycamore @VelociRapture At least I put it under a spoiler! You've both been around long enough that you should know better than to click on something like that. :kitty-wink:

Well... you're mean. :drool:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never heard of cheese in chicken noodle soup, let alone velveeta or American :my_sick:

When my mom would make chicken noodle we would have had roast chicken the night before, and she'd save the bones and uneaten meat to make the soup. My mom straight up refuses to buy stock.

Carlin just did an instagram live that I managed to catch. The following stuck out to me:

1) someone asked if she'd post any pictures from Joy's wedding. She kind of made like an "errrrrrrmmmm" sound before answering that she probably didn't have any because she wasn't with her phone that day. I can see that, but also- would UP prevent her from posting something on her IG about a "TLC wedding"?

2) She said she plans on teaching private piano lessons and that's why she's in school. 

3) In response to someone asking if there would be a Duggar-Bates wedding, she said she didn't know. 

4) She called Gil her hero :dontgetit:

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Carlin just did an instagram live that I managed to catch. The following stuck out to me:

1) someone asked if she'd post any pictures from Joy's wedding. She kind of made like an "errrrrrrmmmm" sound before answering that she probably didn't have any because she wasn't with her phone that day. I can see that, but also- would UP prevent her from posting something on her IG about a "TLC wedding"?

#1. TLC might prevent it as well, but then again there are photos from the wedding. Those are the official photos, but still. I don't know about internetwork relations.

But I wonder because when Michael got married you saw Jana (I don't think like super often but I thought a somewhat decent amount?) so I wonder if it's Up is okay but TLC isn't or cant'?

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

But I wonder because when Michael got married you saw Jana (I don't think like super often but I thought a somewhat decent amount?) so I wonder if it's Up is okay but TLC isn't or cant'?

Jana was also well hidden.  There were glimpses but it was blink and you miss her. Carlin was just a step more hidden.  

Are these women--Whitney, Alyssa, Erin--being paid for the advertising they're doing on Instagram? They pose in the clothes and then tag the designer

In the Bringing Up Bates live Facebook chat today, Judson let slip that Josie is seeing a guy named Calvin (?). Anyone know anything about that?

9 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

In the Bringing Up Bates live Facebook chat today, Judson let slip that Josie is seeing a guy named Calvin (?). Anyone know anything about that?

No, but if google "Crown College" and "Calvin" a sophomore soccer player from VA named Calvin Perkins comes up: http://thecrowncollege.edu/athletics/soccer-2/

I have no evidence that he's involved with Josie.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

No, but if google "Crown College" and "Calvin" a sophomore soccer player from VA named Calvin Perkins comes up: http://thecrowncollege.edu/athletics/soccer-2/

Tall. Dark hair. No facial hair. Conservative enough to attend Crown. Looks like he's dead behind the eyes. Yep. Sounds like a guy a Bates daughter would be interested in. :pb_lol:

(Ok, so maybe I exaggerated about him being dead behind the eyes...)

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

If true they're trending younger and younger.  Josie won't even be 18 til August.

Just following Alyssa's steps. She started dating John at 17.

47 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Just following Alyssa's steps. She started dating John at 17.

True dat.

And the cosmetology program at Crown College is two-years--so assuming Josie's been going full time, she's halfway finished.

By the way, the curriculum of the program is a hilarious juxtaposition of hair care 'n Jesus.

https://crowntradesandtech.com/programs/cosmetology/

Here is what Josie will be taking in the upcoming academic year:

Fall Semester

BI 204Hermeneutics and Bible Study

BI 211Bible Doctrine 

MI 101Introduction to Missions

COS 301Chemical Services

COS 302Chemical Texture and Waving

COS 303Relaxers and Straighteners

Spring Semester

BI 212Bible Doctrine 

HI 492Baptist History and Distinctives

SC 401Creation Science

COS 402Skin and Nail Care

COS 403Professionalism in Cosmetology 

COS 404State License Preparation

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder if he's any relation to Whitney Perkins Bates?

This might make me a terrible person, but I was howling with laughter when Carlin ran into the wall at self-defense class.

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

Perkins was the adoptive parents surname, and they weren't hardcore fundies, so probably doesn't have a kid at Crown. Whit studied in an accredited school.

Anyway Bates and Perkins are friends no more.

9 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Perkins was the adoptive parents surname, and they weren't hardcore fundies, so probably doesn't have a kid at Crown. Whit studied in an accredited school.

Anyway Bates and Perkins are friends no more.

I'm pretty sure you have that backwards. She was born a Perkins and was adopted by Johnny and Lydia Owens who are no longer in the picture. There were 11 adopted siblings on the Owens side, but I don't know anything about her biological parents/siblings.

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

I'm pretty sure you have that backwards. She was born a Perkins and was adopted by Johnny and Lydia Owens who are no longer in the picture. There were 11 adopted siblings on the Owens side, but I don't know anything about her biological parents/siblings.

Oh yes, you're right! I'm sorry.

Is Whitney the only Perkins kid? She has never talked about biological siblings.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Oh yes, you're right! I'm sorry.

Is Whitney the only Perkins kid? She has never talked about biological siblings.

I believe she's an only child. I think at this point a sibling would have been mentioned at some point - either on the show or through interviews or social media.

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

BI 204Hermeneutics and Bible Study

SC 401Creation Science

What are hermeneutics?

And "Creation Science " ?! Such an oxymoron I'd laugh hysterically if it didn't make  me so sad and pissed that they teach this bullshit. 

24 minutes ago, JMO said:

What are hermeneutics?

Hermeneutics deals with the interpretation and meaning of a text, typically biblical (and definitely biblical in this context). 

All the things a cosmetologist needs in her arsenal in case she needs to convert a heathen with a perm 

Maybe not a sibling, but perhaps a cousin? Since Whitney and Josie are close, I could see Whitney introducing Josie to a relative who might be fundie enough for a Bates lady. This just me speculating.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:00 AM, eleanora3 said:

Oh gosh this is an unrelated sidenote. I'm pregnant and really noticing names lately. I can't stand some of the names Gil and Kelly chose. Aside from the Michael screw up, they've got some other bad ones in there. This is completely my personal and flawed opinion but...Lawson? Judson? Warden? Addallee? and Jeb feels like they just gave up at the end. Get it together, Kelly and Gil!

I really like Addallee! I don't really like all the names that are actually nicknames. Tori could be a Victoria, Josie a Josephine, Katie a Katherine, etc.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived