IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

On 6/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, JMO said:

And they were told to save room for the holy ghost because they were cuddling so close. 

El Oh El. This cracked me up!

On 6/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I loved that Tori's response was "He's in our hearts!"

My Lord I'm laughing pretty hard at that

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked for this topic but didn't see it by himself, so I apologize admins if it was here already.  In the last episode when Carlin and Evan were singing (and they actually can unlike Tori and Bobby) Carlin said she that related to Evan's song because it was about loving again after heartbreak. Do we know who and when Carlin had her heartbroken? 

On 6/9/2017 at 9:50 AM, AlternativeVoice said:

So Carlin was getting to know someone before Evan and it didn't work out......any bets that it might be Joe ? Who proposed to the other chick at his sisters wedding ? Where Carlin was a bridesmaid ? Oh the tea I would love to sip at Joys wedding.

I was wondering about this. Do you think it was Joe Dugger or was there someone else? 

On 6/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, mstee said:

Carlin and Evan seem to have the perfect teenage relationship...that in the real world would probably end in 6 months after some petty argument. Instead, we see his parents talking about marriage with them. Ahhh. No. I did enjoy seeing more of Katie, though. She seems very likeable. 

Id love to know who broke Carlin's heart. They make their courtships out to be fool proof by sweeping "failures" under the rug. I was impressed how they spoke about Ashley and Nathan not working out, but it was one episode. And never spoken of again. And they kind of had to since their special friendship was all over the show. 

We know they don't all work out.  Nathan ended up. (Although maybe they're together again?)

On 6/10/2017 at 7:00 PM, snickers34 said:

Random....has it been sufficiently discussed how amazing the Bates' complexions are? Perfect skin, not a blemish in sight, even for the teenagers. WTF, not fair?!

So there are a million reasons for acne.  (It runs in my family big time, and I had to go on some pretty severe medication to get rid of mine.) But, I do think the Bates seem to eat less tater tot casseroles... 

I realized that there are no other Bates boys who have gotten married besides Zach. Joseph getting engaged will bring up the Duggar count to two sons.

12 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So there are a million reasons for acne.  (It runs in my family big time, and I had to go on some pretty severe medication to get rid of mine.) But, I do think the Bates seem to eat less tater tot casseroles... 

They may not eat tater toll casserole specifically, but I'm pretty sure they don't eat much healthier in general than the Duggars do. Heck, the pre-teen boys didn't know brokkoli until Erin introduced them to it. WTF. Brokkoli is such a basic vegetable that you see pretty much anywhere. I realize that not everyone likes it, especially little kids. But to have never even seen or heard of it indicates a pretty severe lack of healthy food/cooking.
(For the record, I'm talking about 21st century America. I realize that things were different way back when, and they are different in other parts of the world.)

OMG EVERYTHING COMES OUT OF A CAN. CANNED CHICKEN BREAST????? WHAT EVEN IS THAT????? Like I'm gonna have to search my grocery store shelf but I don't think I've ever seen this in Canada.

And what kind of fresh hell is this???????

Poor Man’s Steak and Potatoes

Fried Beef or Turkey Bologna

Mashed Potatoes

Grated Cheddar Cheese

*On Large cookie sheet, place fried bologna. Place scoops of mashed potatoes in center. Top with cheese. Bake 10 min. on 350 until cheese is melted.

I love how their chicken noodle soup does not have a shred of vegetable in it (though, to be fair, she adds "optional vegetables: carrots & celery" at the end), but it does have this:

7-10 slices American cheese (or cubes of velveeta cheese)

I am cackling so hard right now. :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

OMG EVERYTHING COMES OUT OF A CAN. CANNED CHICKEN BREAST????? WHAT EVEN IS THAT????? Like I'm gonna have to search my grocery store shelf but I don't think I've ever seen this in Canada.

I had literally never heard of canned chicken breast so I had to look it up. Its like tuna but using chicken instead of fish, which is (slightly) more palatable than what I was picturing.

bumble-bee-premium-chicken-breast-in-wat

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I had literally never heard of canned chicken breast so I had to look it up. Its like tuna but using chicken instead of fish, which is (slightly) more palatable than what I was picturing.

I actually eat it occasionally.  Usually over a salad like I would Tuna. It's not as good as using fresh chicken breast but sometimes meets its purpose.

I vaguely remember some repulsive dish made up by Gil when he and JimBoob were "watching" their children at the Bates house. It was something like tuna with barbecue sauce. Most of the kids looked nauseous. I think the Bates and Duggars are neck and neck in the bad food choices competition.

16 hours ago, JillyO said:

They may not eat tater toll casserole specifically, but I'm pretty sure they don't eat much healthier in general than the Duggars do. Heck, the pre-teen boys didn't know brokkoli until Erin introduced them to it. WTF. Brokkoli is such a basic vegetable that you see pretty much anywhere. I realize that not everyone likes it, especially little kids. But to have never even seen or heard of it indicates a pretty severe lack of healthy food/cooking.
(For the record, I'm talking about 21st century America. I realize that things were different way back when, and they are different in other parts of the world.)

We ate it tonight, actually. LOL

On make up tutorials you can see that Erin has some acne.

Does anyone else wonder if Evan likes the plug to his music career from being on the show?

And responding to those who asked about how the families met, Erin sat down at a table with Evan and his family at a conference last fall and thought that he'd be a good match for Carlin. They seem like they'd fight and have a big learning curve after marriage. The whole "we like to tease each other" isn't great all the time. 

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yes! This is a quick and easy way to make chicken salad.

Someone brought up canned chicken, so I had to go dig up a picture of Steve (@OkToBeTakei's canned chicken avatar).

Spoiler

:angelic-halofell: Sorry, not sorry

steve.jpg.cdf9f089fc3a2175129e4029c922fbc7.jpg

These "poor man's" meals are unheard of where I come. Here it's beans and cornbread. It's cheaper, feeds more people, and isn't disgusting.

6 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

These "poor man's" meals are unheard of where I come. Here it's beans and cornbread. It's cheaper, feeds more people, and isn't disgusting.

If @Bethellahadn't just made me feel old never eating again... that cornbread and beans idea would be delicious...

(That chicken will ALWAYS be disgusting! :pb_lol:)

I fix pinto beans, fried taters, and cornbread when my dad comes over. It's his favorite meal.

9 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Most of the world eats a variation of rice and beans as the 'poor mans' meal. I make mine extra paprika-y and chili powder. Yum.

16 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

We ate it tonight, actually. LOL

Regarding the broccoli (or with a k, foreigner) it is the go to vegetable for my 4 year old son if he refuses everything else (that and carrot)

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Most of the world eats a variation of rice and beans as the 'poor mans' meal. I make mine extra paprika-y and chili powder. Yum.

Our end of the month meal is simply a vegetarian version of ragú bolognese with pasta. basically all the vegetarian options are budget friendly here. 

@PennySycamore @VelociRapture At least I put it under a spoiler! You've both been around long enough that you should know better than to click on something like that. :kitty-wink:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived