IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys think Trace is really going to play basketball for Crown? Or its just another storyline to go with the endless discussion of them building a basketball court and cleaning out the shed?  

I'm sure this has probably been discussed but I was just catching up on older episodes of BUB and saw the episode where Alyssa surprised everyone with her pregnancy announcement of Lexi and showing up for the dinner. Is it just me or did it really seem like Kelly was annoying the shit out of her? She kept blabbing, asking questions, and squealing at her and Alyssa just was very short with her. She appears to have dropped that "keep sweet" attitude. 

36 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I'm sure this has probably been discussed but I was just catching up on older episodes of BUB and saw the episode where Alyssa surprised everyone with her pregnancy announcement of Lexi and showing up for the dinner. Is it just me or did it really seem like Kelly was annoying the shit out of her? She kept blabbing, asking questions, and squealing at her and Alyssa just was very short with her. She appears to have dropped that "keep sweet" attitude. 

Sometimes I'm surprised that Alyssa is a Bates. She just doesn't seem to fit with them. I don't want to speculate too much because I have no clue how I might come across on a reality show either, but to me, she seems over her giant loud family. 

40 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I think Alyssa is the one child Gil and Kelly couldn't 'break'. She's the one that never really wanted to be in that huge family. You can see it in the earlier Duggar episodes. Alyssa had the biggest fake smile ever. It just screamed 'get me out of here'.

I could see Jinger being the Alyssa of the Duggar family. Both are super conservative, but they don't seem to be into the idea of a huge family or the super strict modesty standards. Plus they're both into fashion somewhat?? (I guess)

Overall, the two of them seem to be the type that are like cafeteria Catholics, Fundie remix: pick out the ideas they agree with and ignore the ideas that don't suit them personally. 

I was surprised that the girls took a self defense course since they are constantly under supervision but then when I heard that it was Whitney and Erin's idea it made sense. Since they are married there are times when they are alone and I believe Whitney mentioned at one point that Zach was initially doing night shifts when he was fresh out of the Academy.  

As for last night's episode,  the zip line was a surprise.  Nate was asking for trouble by securing it to the shed. That's an accident waiting to happen. He also admitted that there was a slim chance that he'd actually try out for the team. 

2 hours ago, JMO said:

As for last night's episode,  the zip line was a surprise.  Nate was asking for trouble by securing it to the shed. That's an accident waiting to happen. 

I was getting so annoyed watching them get distracted by putting up that zip line. Just clean out the damn shed! Everytime the camera pans and I see the random piles of crap in their yard or that scary shed, I get the urge to declutter something and clean. And Carlin, enough whining about the basketball court. Goodness. 

Nobody seemed to care that Allie was upset and crying. They just kept screaming. Poor Allie. Also, Kelly's squeals and creams are 1000x more annoying than Michelle Duggar's annoying baby voice.

I dont have up, I have seen some of the former free episdodes on up page. But it looks like they have stopped that. is it bc the show is getting popular/more views?

Anway does who does not have the channel, where do you look at the epsiode?

I dont want to be ammused, but Iam even do I REALY descred with them, I guess it got something to I am from Norway and its unheard off.  Relgion wise.

11 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do you guys think Trace is really going to play basketball for Crown? Or its just another storyline to go with the endless discussion of them building a basketball court and cleaning out the shed?  

Doubtful.  He's not on the 2016-2017 roster nor in the picture on the Crown website, even though they have the 2017-2018 schedule posted already [http://thecrowncollege.edu/athletics/basketball-2/].  But of course he may have tried out and they just haven't posted it yet.  My question would be whether he could commit to such a schedule of practices and games when it seems the Bateseseses tend to do things on their own time (travel, show up, etc.).

Additionally, it's interesting how the Basketball and Soccer team photos of men show them in shorts and sleeveless shirts and manspreading, yet the Volleyball photo of women is up close and from the waist up mostly (I was wondering if they wore skirts over leggings or what, since most volleyball players where very short bottoms - the coaches are clearly in skirts).

I forgot that there was another Crown College in Minnesota and I was really confused cause they had a picture of their cross country team in shorts and tanks before I realized.

2 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I forgot that there was another Crown College in Minnesota and I was really confused cause they had a picture of their cross country team in shorts and tanks before I realized.

I did the same thing at first!  Then I searched again. ;)
And of course their mascot is the Crusaders (although I would think that would be more for a Catholic institution?).

12 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Sometimes I'm surprised that Alyssa is a Bates. She just doesn't seem to fit with them. I don't want to speculate too much because I have no clue how I might come across on a reality show either, but to me, she seems over her giant loud family. 

I always wondered if that is why she was on kitchen duty: it's something that she could do in solitude, away from the chaos. 

Alyssa and Josie had a room by themselves growing up too. I wonder if Josie will be similar to Alyssa once out of the house, and the more private bedroom was an attempt to placate them and keep them from rebelling.

I guess I do not understand their modesty views on clothing, I know Alyssa is a bit of a clothing rebel but this shirt is almost see through to the point of being able to make or her bra and stomach, I would expect this to be against her own personal standards. Unless she didn't realize it would be see through in he light. That said with a cute undershirt this outfit would've really been adorable!

IMG_4973.PNG

On 6/30/2017 at 6:54 PM, Irene said:

I dont have up, I have seen some of the former free episdodes on up page. But it looks like they have stopped that. is it bc the show is getting popular/more views?

Anway does who does not have the channel, where do you look at the epsiode?

I dont want to be ammused, but Iam even do I REALY descred with them, I guess it got something to I am from Norway and its unheard off.  Relgion wise.

I have to purchase a subsciption to UP on Amazon every few months and then cancel it after I watch it which sort of kills me because I'm paying a company that is staunchly against my personal values. It's one of my guilty pleasures that I feel badly and conflicted about, alas we humans are complicated.

On 6/30/2017 at 8:54 AM, jacduggar said:

Alyssa really doesn't like the very loud atmosphere of her birth home. I can relate to that in a way - I'm from a quieter birth home where people did their own things, but I married into a very loud and (in comparision chaotic) family. It bothered me a bit before we became parents, but now going over bothers me a lot more because their house isn't really kid or dog friendly - the dog gets all agitated by his family and not being able to get space to unwind and the baby has nowhere to nap quietly. When they get agitated, I get agitated too because I don't like seeing my babies upset like that.

So I can really relate to Alyssa not really seeming to enjoy visits to her parents' house when she's now used to the quiet atmosphere of her married home. Especially since she has kids and especially because Allie Jane doesn't always seem to be a fan of the chaos either. Alyssa probably does fine having smaller groups of family visit them in Florida occasionally.

That's why I feel sorry for the kids who are especially introverted as well as those that aren't because you'll never get a full break or quiet time from your family like ever.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:25 PM, neurogirl said:

Alyssa and Josie had a room by themselves growing up too. I wonder if Josie will be similar to Alyssa once out of the house, and the more private bedroom was an attempt to placate them and keep them from rebelling.

I suspect she'll be a lot like Alyssa, though she seems less..... aggressive? That's not the right word, I can't think.of it.  Josie just strikes me as less sure of herself whereas Alyssa seems like one to set clear boundaries and make people stick to them. 

I think giving those two their own room was an actual act of kindness by parents trying to make allowances for children's different personalities and needs. 

12 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I suspect she'll be a lot like Alyssa, though she seems less..... aggressive? That's not the right word, I can't think.of it.  Josie just strikes me as less sure of herself whereas Alyssa seems like one to set clear boundaries and make people stick to them. 

Alyssa seems fairly confident in her decisions and has zero problems with clapping back at anyone who disagrees. Even when those choices are clearly wrong or dangerous - like the whole car seat debate that went down on her Instagram once. She reminds me a lot of Jessa Seewald in that sense. I get why they react the way they do because it's not easy dealing with tons of comments that may or may not be politely trying to help.

As for Josie, she'll only be 18 next month. She has time to grow and evolve. Not everyone is going to be very sure of themselves at a young age the way Alyssa was (and is.) 

I'm surprised the Bates allowed a few daughters to have their own room instead of everyone in a massive dorm like the Duggars. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm surprised the Bates allowed a few daughters to have their own room instead of everyone in a massive dorm like the Duggars. 

How IS the bates house set up? Like, how many rooms and how many kid's in each room? 

Saw this pic on the bates fam instagram...

1. Where's Josie? (The girl that kinda looks like her is their cousin) I wonder if she's with her speculated boyfriend, or with Tori maybe?

2. Is that Abby Paine on the right? I wonder if Chad and Erin invited her to hang out\ babysit... or maybe she's with one of the guys

IMG_1382.PNG.2cfe6aaae22cb4bc8b2374647cdc21a0.PNG

How I hate that white modesty-thingy at the bottom of Erin's dress. Red looks great on her though.

23 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

How IS the bates house set up? Like, how many rooms and how many kid's in each room? 

If I remember right - they have a dorm for the boys and a dorm for the girls. Josie moved back into the girls' dorm after Alyssa married. She was shown taking charge of redecorating it on an early season of BUB.

So, basically, its setup like the Duggar house. Not sure where the dorms are located in the house though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived