IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

I think its ironic/dumb that Alyssa chooses to take a stand/make a choice about something so trivial, given her whole life as another poster suggested. I also think its dumb for someone to post this on her IG instead of a substantial, well thought out, criticism or question. All it does is put Alyssa on the defensive and create useless arguments/distractions for everyone looking at the post. Neither of them accomplished anything in this exchange. 

That said I would absolutely tell anyone to fuck right off if they made a comment about my child anywhere cuz thats how I roll. Also people have said horrible things to Alyssa about her daughter which I will never forget and which have no defense. So I can understand where Alyssa is not having it. 

Also, fundies are not the only ones who put bows on their baby daughters or who hyper gender their kids. Not saying its right but its more or less the norm. People who try to be as gender neutral as possible when dressing their kids is still rare and pretty progressive. Like i cant say i meet that standard myself. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I think it's funny because the person didn't even say anything particularly rude about the stupid bows, just that she didn't love them. And Alyssa comes back with "my child, my choice!" with the passion of someone defending anti-vaxxing or something.

I've thought Alyssa has seemed pretty testy on IG a couple other times. For instance with the criticism of AJ's car seat straps (which I thought was valid criticism). I think she's just kind of young and immature still.

Then again, she also has to deal with some pretty nasty comments, so I'd probably snap at some point too. 

On 5/31/2017 at 5:37 PM, VelociRapture said:

SmugAnna - not sure, 3 months

Cherin - 7 months, 3 months

Zachney - 3 months, 3 months

JoLyssa - 2 months, 4 months

The Dills - 4 months, 3 months

Benessa - 11 months, 3 months

The Keilens - 16 months, 4 months

JinJer - 2 months, 4 months

JoStin - 5 months, 3 months

JoKen - 3 months, TBD

Only these names matter!! I literally laughed out loud. Okay let me read the actual comments now. Lol

Still with the added "getting to know eachother phase" it is impossible for them to truly get to know one another in such a short time surrounded by 15 people watching. What annoys me more is that the parents who set these standards and had a successful marriage did not follow these rules themselves. 

Its not about kissing or sex, but I wouldn't even be someone's roommate in the time length these people got to know one another. 

13 minutes ago, JMO said:

Anyone watching tonight?

I am -- there's nothing else on and I'm in the mood for snark-watching. So, KJ's mom is getting married, good for her. I posted in the Lawson thread, but I liked the older girls discussing their brothers' romantic prospects.

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

Anyone watching tonight?

I've got it on. Snooze fest. Cherin's big announcement was the goats. The wedding is Kelly's Mom. 

4 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

I've got it on. Snooze fest. Cherin's big announcement was the goats. The wedding is Kelly's Mom. 

It is moving about as fast as any BUB episode. I do like Meemaw's dress.

2 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Cherin's big announcement was the goats. 

IMG_7480.JPG.22553c982152e3ade604273d2fdec591.JPG

Kelly seemed so happy for her mom.  I wonder how JB would react to grandma Mary remarrying.  I can only imagine he wouldn't be thrilled.  Kelly's mom was like a giddy teen which was really cute. Kelly commented on her mother kissing her husband before the I do's saying bemusedly that she just couldn't wait.  I think she would have a conniption if one of her kids did that though.  Never thought that they'd show Tabitha's wedding so no surprise that it wasn't hers.

Also Kelly's mum isn't fundie so why does she feel the need to comment on who her mum is kissing,

22 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I wonder how JB would react to grandma Mary remarrying. 

You're assuming he would let any non-related males near her. Didn't she fall down and he insisted they get a female EMT to help her> 

Every time I see pics of carlin and her boyfriend, I think of that poster that was here for a minute who posted some inside stuff about the bates. She said traces special friendship had ended with that girl shown on the ski trip last season because he was more interested in her sister (I think??)- something very teenager of him. Which is fine (in theory) because he's young. But then I thought- this is a guy deemed old enough to marry, be someone's headship, and produced many kids. And they treat all special friendships like they're leading into that. That's what's so freaky about carlin being so young and this Evan guy being just as immature. Marriage is a serious thing. It's more than being impressed that your boyfriend takes you out for dinner and says all the right things. It freaks me out cause I feel like I'm watching a car wreck about to happen. More so with carlin than Tori. 

He is for sure using her to be on television. I've had bad vibes about him since I first saw them together last season. He reminds me of the a-hole guys in high school that just used girls. I think that's why on last nights episode Gil and Kelly made sure the audience knew they are just friends and too young to be anything else. Wonder if they think Joy Duggar was too young to get married? Probably not because they feel she met the right guy.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:00 PM, nickelodeon said:

Cool that she's standing up for herself. At the same time, kinda weird to see her talking about a woman's right to make choices about her family, given...... uh..... her whole life...

Just woke up to this. I don't like the trend of older girls wearing bows either. Her baby and her choice...? Well it's also her choice to wear pants now while some of her sister's have NO choice but to wear skirts. It's her choice not to have 19 kids. Did she have a choice to marry into the crazy Webster clan? Wait...sometimes ya can't help who you fall in love with. Well, I guess she must roam on instagram while her kids are napping. 

They all look and act like super-cool-super-fun-super-annoying teen stars on the Disney Channel, so I have no problem believing that they're all using each other in various ways in their pursuit of fame.

Re: Alyssa. I see nothing wrong with her reply to that person. Passive aggressive comments like that are annoying and rude, and Alyssa is right. If she wants to put giant bows on her babies' heads and take pictures, it's her choice. If someone criticizes her for, I don't know, blanket training, and she says 'my baby, my choice', then I'll give her shit.

19 hours ago, Bgirl said:

What's interesting is that Carlin wasn't a bridesmaid in Joy's wedding.

this has been discussed nearly ad nauseum in the Joy threads, there has been no verification that Carlin was or was not in Joy's wedding. absence of info (public, controlled by TLC/People, money-making for the Duggars) =/= absence of Carlin. 

Right. They just showed us a "family" pic, including Kendra since at that point, she was courting Joe (with an evening wedding, I'm sure pictures were done beforehand). The Duggars just chose to publish the family pic rather than the entire party. Jill and Jessa have similar "sister" pictures out there. Jessa obviously had more people than just her sisters in her bridal party. I can't remember if inger did a sister pic; if she did, I don't remember it, I just remember the big group picture. 

Why are so many episodes of the "new" season reruns? They're not showing reruns in addition to the new shows; they're numbered as part of season six.

I imagine Alyssa gets comments quite frequently about the issue of bows. I'm not shocked she finally got a little annoyed. Babies in bows are a pretty common thing, becoming more so as it's currently in trend. The commenter was the one in the wrong, not Alyssa. 

If Carlin wasn't in the bridal party, I wonder if it had anything to do with her posting a video of her and Joy in the truck by themselves as well as her comment regarding Joy. :-p

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived