IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

I've been thinking, two weeks ago on the Facebook Live pre-show thing, they did a house tour. It was said that the boys' rooms were on the third level. Is it possible they have them up there, so boy stench doesn't permeate throughout the rest of the house?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14.7.2017 at 4:26 PM, nickelodeon said:

Damn, these Bates girls really have a "type".

(Though they have to, since fundie men come in only two flavors: 1. gangly, balding 14-year-old, and 2. Ken doll who worships Paul Ryan and thinks any street where a black person lives is "a really rough neighborhood")

It always reminds me of the Morton boys who all married petite (before they started having one kid after another), dark haired girls.

That is awful that Kelton's mother died so young, especially after giving birth to her fifth child.

By the way, Katie Bates has an Instagram account. It's private but Whitney and Erin follow her. She has three posts so far.

The show has gone downhill as of late. The episodes about cleaning the shed and constructing the zip line were about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm not particularly interested in seeing Nathan and Trace make comments about everything they're doing. They don't seem like the brightest lights on the porch.

I think watching paint dry is probably more entertaining. At least you can contemplate the meaning of life while blankly staring at a wall. Watching paint being mixed is even more entertaining.

The self defense class one was pretty fucking funny...but i dont think that was intentional. Did anyone notice how Whitney fell and hit her head but they totally acted like it didnt happen and only laughed about Carlins knees going through the wall? I thought that was interesting. I agree the las couple episodes have been boring as hell. 

Tonight's episode- Chad and Erin are looking at houses, car wash to raise $$ for the local fire company, fire safety...

Local fire fighters come to the house to teach fire safety. Gil says they need tips to find out how to make a fire not happen again. [Errrrmmmmm... supervision of the littles and no access to lighters or matches popped into my head but I'm no expert...] talk of exits, detectors, fire extinguishers, etc.

Next... teaching how to wash a car. :confused: Gotta bring Zach in to teach this one cause no one's washed a car before. Water fight ensues. 

Chad and Erin's...Looking for a big old fixer upper with land. House one is pretty but needs a lot of work. House two looks more...intact. This might happen in the next few months or years... they are waiting for the right opportunity.

Car wash- pouring rain. Lets pray.  Finally the clouds break and they can proceed. For some reason my cat Albus is fascinated with the tv tonight and is attacking the screen.

Carlin's boyfriend is in the car warsh line. Surprise! Much squealing and screaming ensue. My cat jumped down, Carlin's voice scared her. The mom says how proud she is the kids are working so hard and it's hot. Cue upbeat music. They made $300 for the fire dept.

Next Bates: outtakes and bloopers. In other words, recycling old stories.

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Carlin's boyfriend is in the car warsh line.

Did they actually call him her boyfriend? Do you know if they are officially courting or are still at the special friends stage?

52 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Did they actually call him her boyfriend? Do you know if they are officially courting or are still at the special friends stage?

I'm laughing right now because "special friends" was a term I used in high school for friends with benefits. Anyway, I am pretty sure it is still the "getting to know you" stage, but I see that it is more than that. In the normal world, they would have at least given each other a peck on the cheek. They are also saying "boy that is a friend," but it would technically be boyfriend boyfriend.

Carvan is not official enough to have their own thread yet.

59 minutes ago, Bethella said:

They're still special friends, at least officially. They've both posted about some over the top date nights that could have been courtship proposals, but nothing has been announced.

ETA: Tori, for example, started courting Bobby mid-Fall 2016 and it wasn't announced until Feb. 2017. Bobby posted some shots of them at the beach after happened, which made a lot of people speculate, but still.

6 hours ago, llg1234 said:

They're still special friends, at least officially. They've both posted about some over the top date nights that could have been courtship proposals, but nothing has been announced.

ETA: Tori, for example, started courting Bobby mid-Fall 2016 and it wasn't announced until Feb. 2017. Bobby posted some shots of them at the beach after happened, which made a lot of people speculate, but still.

It was posted late May 29th. 

Based off just that, smart money might say they're courting and just haven't announced it yet because the show hasn't caught up yet.

(BoRi appear to have started courting late October/early November - so while most people had already guessed they were courting based off Instagram, it wasn't publicly acknowledged for around three or so months.)

How....how....is it possible that they've never washed a car before??

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How....how....is it possible that they've never washed a car before??

Yeah I'm a little mindboggled at this. All those kids and they've never washed a car? My cousins and I used to wash our parents' cars all the time. For fun! I thought most kids did this.

I've never watched a car. But I'm in a major city and can't exactly open the fire hydrants for the water. I always had my car washed in those drive in soapy mess things.

I actually haven't done the ones you paid for but always done one at home. I'm confused that even with the rain they still haven't done it, like at least once a year!

I thought the lack of washing a car was odd too. I thought fundies take such good care of their things, make them last longer, save money, and teach their kids hard work blah blah blah.  I've seen the insides of one of the Bates' vehicles though in an episode and the front seat was all ripped up like you could see the cushion inside so who knows. Vehicle maintenance isn't a priority with eleventy kids and a reality show I guess.

I think in talking head segments of the show, a few have referred to Evan as Carlin's boyfriend. I could be wrong.  

I've tried twice to watch last night's episode.  The only somewhat interesting bit was Cherin house browsing (I'd say shopping but since they said they don't know when they will buy...) Fixing up one of those houses, especially the first one, would actually be an interesting couple of shows.  

13 hours ago, Bethella said:

Did they actually call him her boyfriend?

The show captions Evan as "Carlin's boyfriend."

IMG_7990.PNG.bfadfa1afa9f25298a57d63ae7badf74.PNG

(Sorry about the giant 00:00 - I took this screenshot from a recap video).

9 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@fluffernutter Bates have a little more lax rules in courtship. I don't think I really ever saw them side hug like the Duggars.

Some of the Bateses have actually been more strict than the Duggars. I think Erin may have had a no-touch courtship, but it's been a while... does anyone remember for sure?

Erin's courtship wasn't really covered by a show. Her wedding was part of 19KAC, her engagement was shown on some show or special but she was single in United Bates of America but married prior to BUB. There might have been statement made somewhere but I can't remember. 

9 minutes ago, JMO said:

Erin's courtship wasn't really covered by a show. Her wedding was part of 19KAC, her engagement was shown on some show or special but she was single in United Bates of America but married prior to BUB. There might have been statement made somewhere but I can't remember. 

But Kelly definitely covered it on her blog. Kelly used to be a very active blogger and would answer a lot of questions in the comments.

I sifted back through the old blog and I couldn't find the courtship post (it looks like a lot might've been scrubbed at some point). It looks like it wasn't a no-touch courtship, but Erin and Chad did not hug or hold hands until they were engaged.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived