IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

Katie has gotten so pretty. Josie is probably with Tori as chaparone. I wonder where the middle boys are.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Katie has gotten so pretty. 

I was thinking the same, she's really come into her own recently--she looks gorgeous in Carlin's most recent instagram post. She and Josie both outgrew their "awkward stages" really quickly once they were allowed to start wearing makeup, etc. 

11 hours ago, Beyganengvall said:

I was thinking the same, she's really come into her own recently--she looks gorgeous in Carlin's most recent instagram post. She and Josie both outgrew their "awkward stages" really quickly once they were allowed to start wearing makeup, etc. 

These Bates kids have some remarkable genes. There is not one who isn't gorgeous. Like somehow, every single one of them is attractive. The Duggar boys got the short end of the looks stick

Going back to modest sports wear, I'm near a yeshiva college and ran into one of their softball players. Leggings and a long sleeve spandex shirt under a knee length skirt and short sleeved shirt. All the same blue color. It surprised me that they had a sports team at all (physical exersize is actively discouraged by orthodox schools ). 

On 7/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, VelociRapture said:

Alyssa really doesn't like the very loud atmosphere of her birth home. I can relate to that in a way - I'm from a quieter birth home where people did their own things, but I married into a very loud and (in comparision chaotic) family. It bothered me a bit before we became parents, but now going over bothers me a lot more because their house isn't really kid or dog friendly - the dog gets all agitated by his family and not being able to get space to unwind and the baby has nowhere to nap quietly. When they get agitated, I get agitated too because I don't like seeing my babies upset like that.

So I can really relate to Alyssa not really seeming to enjoy visits to her parents' house when she's now used to the quiet atmosphere of her married home. Especially since she has kids and especially because Allie Jane doesn't always seem to be a fan of the chaos either. Alyssa probably does fine having smaller groups of family visit them in Florida occasionally.

I am this way as well, I come from a family of six kids and the house was always a little chaotic and loud. I much prefer my quiet marriage home, I keep it very tidy and organized. I have kids but it's still MY noise and my house. It's just more comfortable. I try to visit my parents home as I frequently as possible and have them over here.

2 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

These Bates kids have some remarkable genes. There is not one who isn't gorgeous. Like somehow, every single one of them is attractive. The Duggar boys got the short end of the looks stick

I agree with this 100% and I know some people think the Bates look like each other but I am always surprised by how physically different they look too. Like I don't think anyone looks like Carlin.  The girls are all different body types and the boys did not have that Duggar OMG thing the Duggar boys have going on. IMO. 

54 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I agree with this 100% and I know some people think the Bates look like each other but I am always surprised by how physically different they look too. Like I don't think anyone looks like Carlin.  The girls are all different body types and the boys did not have that Duggar OMG thing the Duggar boys have going on. IMO. 

They are just all over the place. Take fair Erin. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Then you have Michael. Olive skin, brown hair, and green(hazel?) eyes. Zach is broad, and Trace is slim. I used to think Addee and Ellie looked alike, but they are changing too! It's nuts. I think a few of the younger kids look like the older ones, like Jeb looks a lot like Lawson to me. And Callie looks like she could be Erin's child. Overall though, they are just all over. 

On 6/29/2017 at 9:42 PM, Jane M. said:

That Evan guy reminds me of Zoolander:pb_lol:

He gives me so much secondhand embarrassment.  

I think Carlin and Lawson look a lot alike. Sometimes I wonder if that's why it seems like Lawson gets along so well with her haha. 

Watching tonight's episode. Not sure if it's listed as a new show but I don't think Erin and Whitney had their 2nd children when this was filmed. They are playing a newlywed game where the couples write down the answers they think their spouse will say.

Interesting-one of the questions asked was how many kids do you want and none of the couples had a number over 10. And the show was listed as new. Weird. 

32 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Interesting-one of the questions asked was how many kids do you want and none of the couples had a number over 10. And the show was listed as new. Weird. 

Yeah, Alyssa and Whitney were both brunette (neither dyed their hair - and dyed over the blonde - while pregnant with their second). That was the Big Clue that this was a Leftover episode. 

They replay episodes recut as the "fan" edition and then they get listed as new. 

They had already posted a big part of what was shown on this episode on their YouTube channel a pretty long time ago; I wonder why they made it an episode and why they placed it in the middle of the season since next weeks episode aligns with the story line of the season and they still have some more episodes left

11 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Watching tonight's episode. Not sure if it's listed as a new show but I don't think Erin and Whitney had their 2nd children when this was filmed. They are playing a newlywed game where the couples write down the answers they think their spouse will say.

I thought the same thing. I'm pretty sure they filmed it awhile ago. 

Remind me what Chad said? 

Brandon really never seems to like Tori very much. I mean universally he squirms away from her like she has cooties. 

Some big thing brewing that they had to surprise-tape for? 

They've been doing this with episodes all season.  I noticed it before since my DVR records all episodes listed as new.  They play 2 or 3 "fan" edition episodes every week. They probably need to fill content. The sextuplet show doesn't seem to be back. They may also have increased their subscribers and want to get them caught up on the show. 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I thought the same thing. I'm pretty sure they filmed it awhile ago. 

Remind me what Chad said? 

I think 6?

13 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Do you remember what the couples said? I know Alyssa and John said six kids.

Did you notice how little Brandon and Michael were shown in comparison to the other couples? They seem so uptight, like the fun and silly gene the other kids have somehow skipped Michaela.

19 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Did you notice how little Brandon and Michael were shown in comparison to the other couples? They seem so uptight, like the fun and silly gene the other kids have somehow skipped Michaela.

It's so weird how that light silly gene passed Michael. I guess being the oldest girl and always in charge has taken it's toll. I also think she's just naturally quieter. Brandon really can't stand Tori. It's so obvious. 

51 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Maybe they are just not really into being a main feature on the show, but are putting in a minimum commitment for whatever reason.

13 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Maybe they are just not really into being a main feature on the show, but are putting in a minimum commitment for whatever reason.

She is less into being filmed, and I know she has a lot of heartache right now with infertility, but I just find it interesting how different she is personality wise. Even Erin, who seems pretty conservative, is much more lively than Michael. She always talks about being happy and in love, but there seems to be pain deep inside her or something she's suppressing.

Editing to add that there's nothing wrong with her personality or being different, I was just observing the really big difference from her other family members.

Also it seems clear that she and Brandon are more heavily steeped in the Gothard koolaid. They remind me of the Staddons or Wallers, more than any Bates couple.

4 hours ago, season of life said:

Do you remember what the couples said? I know Alyssa and John said six kids.

I really don't remember exact numbers, just that no one wanted more than ten. I would've been a lot more interested if that question had been followed up with "How are you going to not get pregnant?"

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

I really don't remember exact numbers, just that no one wanted more than ten. I would've been a lot more interested if that question had been followed up with "How are you going to not get pregnant?"

I believe John said 6 and Alyssa said 8.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived