IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

If Carlin wasn't in the bridal party, I wonder if it had anything to do with her posting a video of her and Joy in the truck by themselves as well as her comment regarding Joy. :-p

What was her comment regarding Joy? I remember the video but only something about them being "bored" or too much schoolwork. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mstee said:

What was her comment regarding Joy? I remember the video but only something about them being "bored" or too much schoolwork. 

Carlin was recording Joy and Joy asked why she was recording her and Carlin's response was related to her looking good. Then, it switched to homework.

I was thinking that IF Carlin was not in the bridal party (we still don't know for sure) it could have to do with some sort of contract obligation from UPtv/TLC.... i understand you're not allowed to appear in another network other than the one your show is in

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I was thinking that IF Carlin was not in the bridal party (we still don't know for sure) it could have to do with some sort of contract obligation from UPtv/TLC.... i understand you're not allowed to appear in another network other than the one your show is in

It's entirely possible pictures with Carlin in them won't be released publicly for contractual reasons. We may very well see her briefly in wide shots for instance, when they show the wedding on Counting On. I'd guess Carlin will be edited out as much as possible if it was a contractual issue though. 

BUB has shown Trace "dancing" for his wannabe Dixie Stampede thing. lol. Erin letting Carson groove around doesn't surprise me....Erin letting Carson groove around to the BeeGees' Staying Alive surprises me a little bit ;D

I think they were also shown at one point slow dancing with Gil's mom? (Trace and Lawson if I remember correctly). I'm more surprised with the song choice though

Did anyone see Evan's story last night on Instagram? With him and Carlin and Tori and Bobby at Walmart? Carlin said she was in her pyjamas (are they allowed to wear pyjamas around each other?). Evan asked Bobby to throw a temper tantrum like a toddler whose mum had told him he can't have something so he acted out a temper tantrum. But I get this feeling, and I don't know why but I feel like there will be secret kissing between Evan and Carlin.

And between Tori and Bobby. Those two can barely control themselves.

14 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

And between Tori and Bobby. Those two can barely control themselves.

Yes yes! I'm still waiting for a kissing rebel at least. But I also know it will take guts to be "different". Maybe if Zach had not admitted to feeling guilt for kissing before the wedding. Still bothers me that a dude in his mid 20's would even consider telling his parents.

Do Carlin and Evan use the bf/gf titles?? If not, I don't get it. Clearly, they are both obsessed with each other and if things don't pan out, I think she'd be devastated. The courtship model doesn't seem to protect anything, but rather set them up for unrealistic expectations about relationships. AT least when formal courtships are called off, they didn't know each other that well. Evan and Carlin seem attached at the hip. 

9 hours ago, TuringMachine said:
Taryn needs to cool it with the photoshop.

Or at least do it where it'd be worthwhile- the flyaway hair on the right side of Alyssa's head is making me twitch!

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I love that Alyssa is wearing converse! :P 

I really love that bit about her outfit too. But I am known to pair converse with dresses and skirts. I just love me some converse. lol

Are they still saying Carlin and Evan are in the "get to know you" stage, because they seemingly act like they're already in a relationship.

There has to be a formal production for the relationship to be called a "courtship."  They could realize that they are *not* meant to be together. If it does last, it is when is the engagement blah blah blah. Carlin just started school. So, I don't know how that will work out; especially, when she wanted to take online classes because she likes to travel.

1 hour ago, Timetraveler said:

I don't know why, but somehow I feel like Evan is going to break Carlin's heart.

Yeah if Evan wasn't a fundie he'd be that douche bag guy in class who Blue Steels all day and sleeps with everything walking

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Are they still saying Carlin and Evan are in the "get to know you" stage, because they seemingly act like they're already in a relationship.

Officially? Yes. Unofficially? It appears he asked her to court in late May based off somewhat vague Instagram posts they made.

We likely won't know for sure until it airs on the show though.

They've been calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend since March. So if it's true that Evan didn't officially ask her to court until May, then I don't really get the point of the whole "getting to know you" phase. Their rules are just so silly.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:15 PM, Lulu22du said:

I think that's why on last nights episode Gil and Kelly made sure the audience knew they are just friends and too young to be anything else. Wonder if they think Joy Duggar was too young to get married? Probably not because they feel she met the right guy.

Just caught up with this thread.  In the real, rational world in which we live, I'm against both Joy and Carlin getting married or close to married.

I'll now enter the dystopian world like the fundys inhabit. Since Joy married Austin, a pretty close friend of the family, who the Duggars have known for many years, and who grew up fairly close to the Duggars, I can see Kelly being okay with this relationship. I'm not sure how well the Bates family knows Evan's family, and they may either have concerns about the family relationship or Carlin or Evan's maturity. As far as we know, Kelly has made decent matches for her children in the fundie world- there haven't been any known scandals like the Josh Duggar messes. I think she wants to keep her good track record going.

I'm watching the new episode of BUB, and I noticed that Carlin said she relates to the song Evan wrote because it's about being interested in someone, having it not work out, and dealing with heartbreak. I wonder if Carlin had a "special friend" in the past, or if she just had an unrequited crush on someone?

Yes @Mayluka, I was surprised to hear Carlin refer to a past relationship or whatever it was. Sounds like pieces of heart have been lost, but look she's still in one piece and life goes on.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived