IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

A few days late to the party, but I was just so disgusted that they actually went to PP to protest. I mean, I have always heard that people do that, but I've never seen it actually happening, probably because here in New England people are little less crazy about that particular issue. I just feel like, go ahead and protest and harass the politicians with your ideals, but leave the actual women who need the services alone until the laws are changed. Stop harassing law abiding citizens who are already going through something extremely traumatic, or who are going to PP for one of the many other services they offer.

These people really make me sick.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

-snipped-

I agree with you but I do not know if the Duggars would ever actually admit that there is something wrong with Derick if he was to be diagnosed with any kind of illness.  I would worry that they think it was something that could be cured with prayer and just never mention it to the media. On the other hand, maybe they know it would be good ratings. 

Good point...guaranteed we would never see if he was diagnosed with any sort of mental illness, that's for sure, because that would absolutely be prayed away. But I think they'd go for ratings on anything else, and just make up for it by showing lots of doctors office prayer sessions! I feel like they'd play up Jill as a Godly wife for helping him, supporting him etc. 

But then again, dumdum went and spoiled the episode on Twitter so...who knows lol. 

17 hours ago, Jiraffe said:

I'm very curious to see what they say is wrong with him on next week's episode. I agree that he is looking worse and worse. Maybe Jill's posts about bad news late last year were in relation to Derick?  

I guess her coping mechanism would be to just lean more on her parents and, if the worst happened, move back in. In a way, it's kind of a good thing that she would have that option and support system, such as it is, since she doesn't have the life skills to stand on her own. 

This! Comparing the Jill who married with myself, she reminds me of me when i was 10 or 12 years old. She had little life experience outside her home or family, she never had to take care of herself alone. She never had to take responsibility for her own. she never had to fight for something she really wanted, because of her belief system i guess it is not expected from her to want something for herself. So i consider her coping mechanism exactly the mechanism of a 12 year old version of me or my friends - lean more on the parents. As she never learned to take responsibility for anything important, because this was jimbobs job, she is not capable to do so now when it is necessary. 

The derick-jill situation seems to me like this: jills whole life her dad did hold tight on the umbrella to protect Jill from rain. Then he handed the umbrella over to derick. Well, the umbrella kind of slipped through dericks fingers and now Jill stands drenched with rain rain and has no idea how to pick it up. 

45 minutes ago, kmary1 said:

A few days late to the party, but I was just so disgusted that they actually went to PP to protest. I mean, I have always heard that people do that, but I've never seen it actually happening, probably because here in New England people are little less crazy about that particular issue. I just feel like, go ahead and protest and harass the politicians with your ideals, but leave the actual women who need the services alone until the laws are changed. Stop harassing law abiding citizens who are already going through something extremely traumatic, or who are going to PP for one of the many other services they offer.

These people really make me sick.

I live in Boston and there are always protesters at the PP next to where I go shopping. This PP is in a very cosmopolitan part of Boston where lots of students from my "elite coastal university" shop. On Saturdays, there are more protesters than usual, something like 20 or so, presumably because a lot of people don't work or go to school on that day. Based on the Marian iconography they use, the protesters appear to be overwhelmingly Catholic. This PP was also the site of a deadly shooting in the 1990s, so this kind of thing is not limited to red states.

I guess I think Derick looks thin, but I don't think he looks THAT bad, I like his look better pre-marriage (scruff and shorter hair) but meh, to each their own. Maybe he wasn't eating that great in Cen. America, but some people are just gangly like that.

Do we think Derick is deathly ill? I haven't seen the new pictures. 

If Jill were widowed, how quickly do you think she'd remarry? Or do you think she'd go live under JB's roof again (literally and figuratively?)

In regards to Derick acting crazier than before--  I've recently realized that I (probably) have hypoglycemia. When I get hungry and don't eat, or if I don't eat enough (like skip breakfast and then don't eat lunch until 1 or 2, which I do every day), I get into a really bad mood, and if I put off eating long enough for whatever reason (usually because I'm in class or something), I feel sick. This feeling always goes away once I do eat, even if it's something as small as a few crackers. When I was home during winter break, I would end up skipping meals because our kitchen was under construction and I was too lazy to go out for food. I would then act kind of rude to my family, because my lack of proper eating led to me being extremely anxious and easily angered. 

To make a long story short, I think Derick might be looking worse for the wear and acting [more] horrible because of an improper diet. 

Edited to say that I was never actually diagnosed with hypoglycemia, but my parents and I think it's very possible I have it

In regards to Derick acting crazier than before--  I've recently realized that I (probably) have hypoglycemia. When I get hungry and don't eat, or if I don't eat enough (like skip breakfast and then don't eat lunch until 1 or 2, which I do every day), I get into a really bad mood, and if I put off eating long enough for whatever reason (usually because I'm in class or something), I feel sick. This feeling always goes away once I do eat, even if it's something as small as a few crackers. When I was home during winter break, I would end up skipping meals because our kitchen was under construction and I was too lazy to go out for food. I would then act kind of rude to my family, because my lack of proper eating led to me being extremely anxious and easily angered. 
To make a long story short, I think Derick might be looking worse for the wear and acting [more] horrible because of an improper diet. 
Edited to say that I was never actually diagnosed with hypoglycemia, but my parents and I think it's very possible I have it

I often don't eat until 1 or 2 (bad habit) and the same happens to me. I don't think, in most cases, that necessarily means a diagnosis is in order, just food. My partner sometimes messages me during the day to make sure I've eaten before he comes home because i will be a total bitch and refuse food after a certain point. It's where the term "hangry" comes from after all. (To be clear, I know i know nothing about your health or what diagnoses are appropriate for you, just that the symptoms and reactions you described are common enough in healthy people to have their own slang term).

11 minutes ago, missegeno said:

I often don't eat until 1 or 2 (bad habit) and the same happens to me. I don't think, in most cases, that necessarily means a diagnosis is in order, just food. My partner sometimes messages me during the day to make sure I've eaten before he comes home because i will be a total bitch and refuse food after a certain point. It's where the term "hangry" comes from after all. (To be clear, I know i know nothing about your health or what diagnoses are appropriate for you, just that the symptoms and reactions you described are common enough in healthy people to have their own slang term).

I get hangry, it's the most irrational time for a female and if you're hangry/getting close to your time of the month...good lord help the people around. It sucks and it sucks to forget to eat, then to not feel hungry. 

10 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

What do y'all think would have happened if Josh did have sex with another woman (I don't think that's been confirmed right?) but got her pregnant. How would that situation play out? Assuming she had the baby and wanted it (not willing to give it away to Josh/Anna for example).

He'd make like every white conservative hypocrite with cash to burn and hand his paramour $500 to "take care of it".

I think josh would push for an abortion.

and then if a child *was* born it would be a prop. "Look we sinned, but we're still better than you because we don't murder." (Assuming of course the family and media found out..otherwise he outta there) storyline would be Anna rising above.

Actually thinking about Derrick change of looks could be diet related. But I do think there is some underlying health problem with Derick. Has anyone thought about if he type 1 diabetic? I believe that there is weight loss that corresponds with type 1 if I remember.

Or maybe he has an overactive thyroid and since marrying in Duggar world then moving to Scary America he never bothered to get drug refills or care. 

Both of those could be why he think he's healthy.

1 hour ago, kjmackin said:

Has anyone thought about if he type 1 diabetic? I believe that there is weight loss that corresponds with type 1 if I remember.

Would he still be alive if he had untreated type 1?  That kind of diabetes usually appears in childhood. My dad was diagnosed at age 10.  His doctors actually suspected it because he hadn't gained a single pound since his last doctor's appointment the year before (along with the peeing frequently).

So I just took a shower, and there was a sudden big crashing noise that caused me to poke my head out and look around the room going "what the hell was that??!?!" The blinds (been there 16 years) had fallen from the window and landed in the tub. It was unexpected and a strange thing to happen out of the blue, but I did not freak out, hyperventilate, call my husband, or call my parents for prayers.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

Would he still be alive if he had untreated type 1?  That kind of diabetes usually appears in childhood. My dad was diagnosed at age 10.  His doctors actually suspected it because he hadn't gained a single pound since his last doctor's appointment the year before (along with the peeing frequently).

I think normally it's discovered in kids then adults but an old friend from my high school was not diagonsised with Type 1 until her mid-twenties. I even questioned it multiple times to be sure until I found some confirmation. If it was recent a diagnosis since Scary America time might  explain why he still alive if he was refusing treatment due to his self righteousness. 

I don't think Derrick would refuse any type of treatment if he was sick. He hasn't done anything to lead me to believe he is against getting medical care for himself. He obviously wasn't raised anti-doctor since his mother had no problem getting treatment for her cancer. 

I think Derrick's health issues stem from the original surgery he had pertaining to his jaw/teeth. That is when he started looking unhealthy. I wonder if that surgery caused some other problem. 

Maybe derick hits some sort of late puberty according to his hairstyle. Many men i knew had this long wild hairstyle when they were  14 - 16 and they thought it was soooooo cool and handsome. 

Jill definately acts child-like to me. she seems to have never been gone through puberty in her head. no inclination to rebel, no impulse to form her own opinions. just always daddy daddy daddy! and it's kind of obvious that Jill was/is JB's favorite. She doesn't seem very bright or strong willed, which is ok! as long as everything runs smoothly. When sh*t hits the fan it not a good position to be in.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I think Derrick's health issues stem from the original surgery he had pertaining to his jaw/teeth. That is when he started looking unhealthy. I wonder if that surgery caused some other problem. 

I think so, too. This actually makes very much sense as he could not eat properly for some time, probably had to take medicine and I tend to think antibiotics as the surgery was quite invasive and US doctors hand them out like gummibears - they have side effects and can mess up your intestines especially the bowels. Would explain the malnurished looks. 

Or it is some parasite. 

But to be honest - I just saw the ad for the season... his "puking" while running looked like an untrained person overdoing it... And very much staged. 

For many people in this country, a story like Derrick's is exactly how an addiction starts.

They get a medically necessary surgery, and take medically prescribed pain medication as directed. They do not heal as expected/continue to experience pain despite the surgery, and continue to take pain medication with the approval of their doctor. Slowly, the pain medication becomes part of their lives, and they no longer function without it.  Heck, they might still be in pain!

Im not saying Derick is abusing drugs, but what I am saying is that many people who struggle with substance issues get there through perfectly understandable paths. We like to think pain pill addiction comes from people abusing pills, but often it begins with people who have no choice but to undergo an operation and are following doctor's orders. When you live with chronic pain and have for some time, the freedom from that is incredibly addictive.

I will say that a lot of the changes we've seen in Derrick recently are consistent with narcotics abuse, especially his changes on social media.  I really hope this is not the case.

Whatever he is going through, I hope he gets the help he needs.

You know, being addicted to pain pills never occurred to me, but that does make sense appearance wise. Hmm.

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

If Derick doesn't make some kind of strong pro-refugee statement at this point, he's definitely just pro-birth rather than pro-life.

"It's OK for me to come to Sintral Murica and potentially breach the conditions of my visa/abuse loopholes and exemptions in the visa system to impose my way of life on the native people and in no way contribute to their society or economy! It doesn't go the other way around!"

I'm in favor of a border wall to keep Jill and Derick (and others like them, along with the idiot frat boys who ruin perfectly beautiful locales in the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico) the fuck out of Mexico and Central America.

40 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

"It's OK for me to come to Sintral Murica and potentially breach the conditions of my visa/abuse loopholes and exemptions in the visa system to impose my way of life on the native people and in no way contribute to their society or economy! It doesn't go the other way around!"

I'm in favor of a border wall to keep Jill and Derick (and others like them, along with the idiot frat boys who ruin perfectly beautiful locales in the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico) the fuck out of Mexico and Central America.

Can we keep them the fuck out of the US too? It's assholes like them who got Cinnamon Hitler and the Albino from "The Davinci Code" elected. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived