IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Derick and Jill have been back in the states from Scurry Central America for a while. Jill and Derick are expecting a new baby, and in the meantime, Derick is tweeting verses from Proverbs and referencing man-eaters (which we all certainly did not need). Derick was also seen gagging/puking in the newest Counting On trailer while running. Derick's mom Cathy also tweeted that she wanted an end to abortion for her birthday. Kinda tall order if you ask me...

Let's see what the Dillards get up to next!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Last thread here:

Derick and Jill have been back in the states from Scurry Central America for a while. Jill and Derick are expecting a new baby, and in the meantime, Derick is tweeting verses from Proverbs and referencing man-eaters (which we all certainly did not need). Derick was also seen gagging/puking in the newest Counting On trailer while running. Derick's mom Cathy also tweeted that she wanted an end to abortion for her birthday. Kinda tall order if you ask me...

Let's see what the Dillards get up to next!

An end to abortion? LOL. When will she or her millionaire relatives, or any other anti-choicers adopt a "rescued" baby?? Instead of just popping out millions of their own? 

That promo picture is horrible, they all look so weird (Jessa, Jinger, Joy and Jana's faces are ok) but beyond that, wtf!!! Jessa's shoes...Jill.. Jana's hemline, yikes.... and then Ben, wtf happened there!! These in motion pictures are just stupid. "oh look how much fun we are having" derp.

I don't follow the Dillards all that closely, but I always make sure to read the beginning of each new thread. It seems like Derick gets more insane with every new thread. I half expect him to start his own cult of psycho hippie-Jesus.

The problem with the new family promo pics is that they are trying to make the Duggars seem like this wonderful, fun loving, close and boisterous bunch. The problem is that they aren't and never came off that way on 19 Kids. TLC is trying so hard, and failing, to make them relatable. My guess is that TLC is not happy that the Bates family comes off likeable than the Duggars. 

What'a amazing is that there are 19 "kids", 4 spouses, 6 grandkids with 2 on the way and no one is remotely interesting, charismatic or has a job or career. Until I know for sure Jeremy is being paid to be a preacher I am going to consider him unemployed because I still think TLC will be paying to keep a roof over his and Jinger's heads. Everyone who is getting married on this show is supposed to be growing up and going on with their lives but are really just following in the Duggar parents footsteps by depending on a TLC paycheck and selling every moment of their lives. It is amazing to have 19 kids and none have any type of accomplishment. No one has graduated from college, boot camp, traveled the world alone, had real non-family related job or pursued an interest that their parents did not first approve and choose for them. They really are nothing more than the type of people they look down on. Most families would be embarrassed to have so many kids with an education or job. Without this show, all the married "kids" would be living in poverty and non-of the girls would have husbands because it appears their husbands were seeking reality tv fame along with a wife. 

45 minutes ago, karen77 said:

That promo picture is horrible, they all look so weird (Jessa, Jinger, Joy and Jana's faces are ok) but beyond that, wtf!!! Jessa's shoes...Jill.. Jana's hemline, yikes.... and then Ben, wtf happened there!! These in motion pictures are just stupid. "oh look how much fun we are having" derp.

A lot of them look uncomfortable and their body positions look silly. Jana's hemline goes below the knee doesn't it? Dang look at jinger's heels! You can see part of Jinger's thighs as well! For the girls, Joy and Jana look very nice and elegant. Looks like JinJer want to leave ASAP. 

I didn't recognise Jana in this picture, so for a second I thought JD or Josiah was in a new courtship... Glad I was wrong! 

duggars.thumb.jpg.9bb6a4db0f2a97830a8f3ba679a3c547.jpg

This picture also looks really weird. Did they just land after a jump? 

Jessa and Ben with the open arms and fake smiles, what is this, a cabaret? Bring out Erika Shupe and the *jazz hands*

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I wouldn't trust them to adopt a cat, let alone a baby.

Not if it is an orange cat and Derwood has a sled 

What's up with Derick puking in the promo video?

ETA: Ooops, just saw that this was mentioned on the final page of the previous thread. Don't know how I missed it. For some reason I'm really curious to see what's going on with Derick's physical health.

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Does that remind anyone else of Shoving Buddies?

The promo photo really highlights just how short the Duggar boys are compared to the Duggar daughter's husbands. Except for bent over Ben - dressed in attention grabbing bright red located front and center in a desperate  'look at me, I'm the center of attention' pose.

Not only is Jingers dress above the knee but wow the heels on those boots!! All I can say is good for her! Didn't watch the new promo yet, freezing my butt off in the hockey rink while the youngest wolfie has practice.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I wouldn't trust them to adopt a cat, let alone a baby.

Ugh. Derick would probably try and convert the cat. What an asshole. Not every woman wants you Derick, most probably just want you to get away from them. 

allgoodnamesaregone - I remember a baby story - one episode featured the woman giving birth at home naked on her bed while her father watched her giving birth - yes she had  a robe on but it opened all the way - way to graphic for a father to see imo. :D

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

I didn't recognise Jana in this picture, so for a second I thought JD or Josiah was in a new courtship... Glad I was wrong! 

duggars.thumb.jpg.9bb6a4db0f2a97830a8f3ba679a3c547.jpg

This picture also looks really weird. Did they just land after a jump?

I think most of them look like they're being electrocuted.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

What'a amazing is that there are 19 "kids", 4 spouses, 6 grandkids with 2 on the way and no one is remotely interesting, charismatic or has a job or career.

Agree, though Josh had shown some interest in law.  Apparently that wasn't what members of their social circle "did" (and molestation isn't considered a job or career), so he went into the family used car business and had some limited success.

Interestingly, Jim Bob and Michelle - the main producers of this mess - both did seem to have strong work ethics.  I can't help but wonder how the kids would have turned out if TLC, and all the money and hoopla that went with it, hadn't come along.  Most of them seem bright enough, and it seems as though they have some skills (e.g., home repair).  But where's the motivation?

56 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Not only is Jingers dress above the knee but wow the heels on those boots!! All I can say is good for her! Didn't watch the new promo yet, freezing my butt off in the hockey rink while the youngest wolfie has practice.

I want her whole outfit! She and Alyssa Bates remind me of how I feel about the 18th century: throw out all the outdated crap about the status of women/non-white people/non-Christian people and give me the wardrobe!

1 hour ago, blackgold86 said:

The hand on Joy's chest... Is her brother trying to separate them or something?!

Good catch - I didn't even see those fingers until I enlarged the photo - but yes, I do believe that is her brother valiantly trying to keep pieces of her heart from detaching due to the nearness of not yet related Austin.

31 minutes ago, nst said:

allgoodnamesaregone - I remember a baby story - one episode featured the woman giving birth at home naked on her bed while her father watched her giving birth - yes she had  a robe on but it opened all the way - way to graphic for a father to see imo. :D

I asked my father to attend my first and only birth. He stood right beside me at the head of the bed and I held his hand the whole time. I was immensely comforted by his presence (I am a Daddy's girl to the soul) and no one said a single word about my baby's daddy and my own daddy being right there with me when I was more scared and in more pain than I'd ever imagined was possible.

There's nothing weird or gross or inappropriate about a grandfather attending a birth at his beloved daughter's request. We were all adults. We all know how babies are born. He wasn't standing there eyeballing the business end as my son was born, but he was right there next to me to hold my hand until I finally released the death grip I had on him so I could reach for and hold my newborn son.

If there had been an emergency, if my dad had had to be available to help in some capacity, if he had been called upon to see the action area, so what? He changed my diapers, ffs. Not only were we all adults and expected to act like adults, I was giving birth. Not exactly the time to cater to some bullshit antiquated notions of modesty.

33 minutes ago, Zola said:

There's nothing weird or gross or inappropriate about a grandfather attending a birth at his beloved daughter's request. We were all adults. We all know how babies are born.

Agreed. If that's what the person giving birth wants and their dad is comfortable with the idea, that's awesome. It's a medical situation, not a sexual one. No kids yet, but if I had to invite one of my parents along when I had one, it'd be my dad, no question. Just because someone has the same type of parts doesn't automatically make them a good support system in that situation, and they certainly aren't entitled to an invite on that basis alone.

3 hours ago, sndral said:

The promo photo really highlights just how short the Duggar boys are compared to the Duggar daughter's husbands. Except for bent over Ben - dressed in attention grabbing bright red located front and center in a desperate  'look at me, I'm the center of attention' pose.

I feel like this photo might be a Photoshop disaster, or at least taken at a very odd angle that makes it look like Josiah is about a head shorter than his sister JIll. I suppose that's possible but it seems highly unlikely (and Jill appears to be wearing flats). The whole photos seems kind of lopsided, tilting toward the right, with some of the Duggars on the right looking like their images might have been "squashed" a bit (Jana in particular).

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived