IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

I got a shock today in uni. Turns out one of my friends in fundementally pro-life/anti-abortion. 

We asked what if the baby had a serious disability that meant incredibly low life quality and she said 'well there's loads of help from different sources to deal with that like restbite care' and all I could think was but what about people with mental illness or physical illness that couldn't cope with that or people who couldn't afford it (particularly the US where you pay for healthcare mostly). 

She also said that if it meant the mother would die without an abortion then the mother should let herself die because she's lived her life and the baby hasn't. All I could think was what if there was no one to take care of the baby? Like an abusive father etc. 

She didn't answer when I asked about mother and baby both dying if there was no abortion. 

I did ask about rape though citing the trauma a woman could go through and she basically said the woman should deal with it because it isn't the child's fault or put the child up for adoption. I can't imagine the lasting impact that would have on someone :( 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Abortions are hard, giving a child up for adoption is hard, having contraception fail is hard, finding yourself a single mom is hard, raising children is hard...summary life is hard but sometimes it's even harder to be a woman. Which is why we need to be supportive of each other. If a friend told me they had an abortion, I wouldn't ask why. That frankly is none of my business, I would say "That had to be hard. I am so sorry that you had to do that. Why didn't you tel me? I wish you weren't alone." Judgment is easy, fundies do it every day and we know that they don't use their brains. Being supportive and caring is very hard. 

Speaking of euthanasia, in Canada we now are trying the Dying with Dignity bill. As of right now, you can apply if you are terminally ill and your doctor will help you die peacefully. I've seen people suffer and I know it's controversial because suicide but oh my god, the peace. Having your family there knowing that you are at peace with this and that it doesn't have to hurt any longer. And it's iffy anyway, you're dying anyway...why does when matter? 

And the last person in the world that needs to be spouting off or ministering to anyone, is Jill Duggar. Months later, she was still moved to tears over a shower rack that fell off the wall. She is a lightweight. She is a child trapped in a PG body. She needs to keep her child like opinions to herself.

Life is hard. When will those Duggars ever learn that lesson?

They can't even independently take care of themselves, yet they think that they have all the answers and the right to instruct others on what to do.

@BlessaYourHeart...I know many Christians who believe in and speak of the soul. I get what you mean by resurrection of the body. But often in the Bible it speaks of the flesh versus the spirit. That can be interpreted any number of ways. Even in the same church some people have different understandings of the soul and the body.

I was just on Instagram and Derick posted a new picture. Oh my.....he looks very unhealthy to me. Like he hasn't slept well in weeks.

I just went on Derrick's Instagram and read the comments. Someone chastised him for long hair. Hilarious. Apparently Jesus didn't have long hair because the bible says men should not have long hair. So the pictures of Jesus we've seen are wrong. I want to see Jesus with a marine cut. Funniest thing I've seen all day.

His coloring and lack of brightness in his eyes is what shocked me. See what that family does to people? Sucks the life right out of them!

He looks like a scarecrow. Wow. A couple of years in the lifestyle and he's gone from an average looking guy to...that

I can't figure out if the hat is a joke (like Izzy's disguise) or if he is seriously wearing that hat as just...a hat.

Derick actually looks like Jill in that photo. Maybe that's why he's growing his hair out so long? 

4 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I'm doing a philosophy module at the minute and we're currently on the topic of life after death and I find it facinating with all the different interpretentions. The one that I said was in the textbook under the biblical teaching on life after death. It's also my (Anglican) churches teaching on it 

im not sure what I believe about heaven/afterlife, I think it's just one of them things you have to trust God on. 

Just to lighten the mood, here's a joke that can applied to just about religion/denomination (thought it might be fun to share when discussing the different interpretations) ;) . . .

"One day a man named John died.  He was agnostic, rose up to Heaven in the afterlife, and was greeted by an angel, who offered him a tour of the place.  Captivated by all that he was witnessing, he followed the being all over the place, and cherished all the sights and sounds he came across.  People of all sorts of backgrounds, with different looks, ages, skin colors, and beliefs seemed to live harmoniously with one another.  But then John stopped upon seeing a large wall - at least fifty feet high, and as they walked around it, he realized it was an enormous square.

"Angel, what is this building?  Why is it closed off from the others?"

The angel lifted his finger to his mouth, and suggested they keep their voices down.  Leaning in, he grinned, "Those are where all the Christians go - they think they're the only ones here.  They're happy, so we just let them be."

_____

As for Derick, I wouldn't wish ill health on anyone ~ and normally I don't like to speculate on anyone's health in general because frankly we just don't know.  But I'm genuinely concerned with how he's looking (and acting on twitter).  I'm wondering if he's dealing with something serious, and is taking some medications that might be "affecting" his twitter account ~ at least for those random "maneater" and "modest is hottest" posts. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

He looks like a scarecrow. Wow. A couple of years in the lifestyle and he's gone from an average looking guy to...that

haha! the scarecrow from the wizard of oz has no brain, like derick. but guess what -- the scarecrow is still smarter than derick!

be5f4393fd0c551afed274e38d9b92e2.jpg

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

haha! the scarecrow from the wizard of oz has no brain, like derick. but guess what -- the scarecrow is still smarter than derick!

be5f4393fd0c551afed274e38d9b92e2.jpg

And sometimes they even run for president. I'm hoping Trump will make his escape in a hot air balloon like the humbug he is and leave a scarecrow in place; the scarecrow couldn't be any less competent #scarecrow4prez2018

I'm watching "Call the midwife" i can't stop thinking that Jill should see it. She could learn a lot! 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Derick actually looks like Jill in that photo. Maybe that's why he's growing his hair out so long? 

Blessed is the couple who grows together... in spirit, in thought, in appearance...

Hell, Jill could learn alot from my oldest boy! At the age of 8(!), he was afraid he was going to have to deliver his baby brother. He insisted on books/videos on emergency childbirth and actually read them and had his dad and I ask him questions to make sure he understood what he read/saw. He didn't have to deliver Kiddo but he was prepared to and when DIL got pregnant with both GrandGirl and WildChild, their birthing class teacher was quite impressed with his knowledge.

On 1/25/2017 at 9:36 AM, Chickenbutt said:

Not to intrude on the abortion conversation, but does anyone know how the Duggars feel about end of life matters? Do they believe in hospice? Do they protest against assisted suicide? In your opinions (all you FJers), how does prolife fit into the end of life discussion?

I'm sure they are very anti end of life assistance of any kind. I recall Boob's dad being propped up in the office when he was dying and wheeled out into the chaos occasionally. It was really cruel IMO, living in that loud warehouse being tended too by whom ever had "jurisdiction" over him I'm sure.  Gma marry forced into servitude to pay her keep I guess, a hospice would have been a much better place for him or his own home where Boob and Deanna could go over and help  their mother and father. I'm guessing they would have been cheering on Jeb when he fought Teri Schivo's husband to allow her to die. I'm also assuming that they are against right it die laws that Washington and a few other states have. But I'm sure they are firmly pro death penalty. Because THEY like to pick who lives and dies. 

34 minutes ago, buggers said:

Blessed is the couple who grows together... in spirit, in thought, in appearance...

uh huh, so they say >_> I'd rather have a dog, same thing happens with them and I'm not expected to keep sweet all of the time...

8 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I got a shock today in uni. Turns out one of my friends in fundementally pro-life/anti-abortion. 

We asked what if the baby had a serious disability that meant incredibly low life quality and she said 'well there's loads of help from different sources to deal with that like restbite care' and all I could think was but what about people with mental illness or physical illness that couldn't cope with that or people who couldn't afford it (particularly the US where you pay for healthcare mostly). 

She also said that if it meant the mother would die without an abortion then the mother should let herself die because she's lived her life and the baby hasn't. All I could think was what if there was no one to take care of the baby? Like an abusive father etc. 

She didn't answer when I asked about mother and baby both dying if there was no abortion. 

I did ask about rape though citing the trauma a woman could go through and she basically said the woman should deal with it because it isn't the child's fault or put the child up for adoption. I can't imagine the lasting impact that would have on someone :( 

Omg. The rape comments are terrible. There was an infertile adoptive couple saying women should just take the rape because abortion causes more harm. The child is innocent. 

Funny because when the child grows up poor you blame the child and the parent. And sadly rapist have rights to their kids. 

Dying with dignity doesn't seem to be in the Duggars' vocabulary judging by the way they treated JB's dad. Dragging him out in front of the cameras in an office chair was cruel. I remember when they broke down in their RV, they called him for help. Then they said how awful he was in (i think) a book. He dared to say they shouldn't have so many kids.

21 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

To compound the whole thing, those same people don't want their taxes spent on programs that help needy children, like Head Start, SNAP, affordable health care, child protective services, etc.  (Sadly, I have a sister who thinks like this:  the idea is something like, the mother was irresponsible and had more kids than she can afford, and we shouldn't reward irresponsible behavior.  But we don't want that same woman to have access to Planned Parenthood, birth control, or safe abortion, because ... any woman who is sexual deserves what happens?)  

This is exactly what I don't get... at least to a point that I actually get a headache trying to wrap my head around this thought process. At least to me most of these people who think this way are likely the biggest hippocrates I know. They don't want their money taken out of their paychecks but won't usually have problem accepting those benefits.  Some preach that the federally government shouldn't provide aid that it should be the state or the city/county or the most popular one that the churches should be incharged of stepping in with aid. But what if those in control of congress and the president actually did this and then it goes to churches to provide aid where are those funds going to come from? I doubt majority of those so called Christians are going to open their wallet books. Which means the thousands who depend on those programs will suffer.

Its part of why I will never truly trust some people. Especially the pro-lifers that don't want to make birth control easily accessed and not teach sex education yet praise the death pentaly and very laxed gun laws.

I should mention I'm a bleeding hurt liberal stuck in Oklahoma. My source of safe place for political talk is my husband who might be even more of a scary liberal for these parts. Although MIL asked if he was voting Democrat( most republican polticians are frawn upon in both our families) the last visit my response was we wouldn't be together if he voted that way.

9 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I'm a fundamental Christian in the sense that I believe the fundamental ideology that Jesus was the son of God ~ because his words to speak to me on a divine level (though I can certainly appreciate bits and pieces of multiple religious figures/prophets/ideologies).  That being said, I am VERY grateful to belong to a UU church.  I don't fit in with the "standard" Christian, because I believe in universal salvation for everyone, no Hell, reincarnation, and compassion and love for all God's creatures.  I'm a hippy-Christian-UU with some Hindu, Shamanic, and Buddhist appreciation sprinkled in there. 

That's the thing with the Bible, it's so interpretive that it has literally caused such a large amount of fragmentation among Christians.  We argue over what Heaven looks like (on Earth with the 2nd coming, in the sky, purgatory/no purgatory etc.), how to get there (faith only, faith and works, etc.), how involved to be in church, how much to donate to the church, and it just keeps going.  If we can't agree on anything, how are we supposed to make the argument that ours is the "best"? 

I don't know, I view my faith as me having humbled myself before God, and said, "Lead me, I know nothing."  So I find it weird to even contemplate walking up to someone and being like, "I have all the answers!"  God has the answers, I don't (though that's certainly interpretive, too! haha)

Speaking on contesting what Heaven is/isn't for those who might not be familiar, here's a quick wiki link to get your started (and how it can vary widely between different Christians) : Heaven in Christianity

Is she possibly just trying to help Israel become bilingual?  If that's the case, she'd need to speak a lot of Spanish at home, especially since he'd be hearing mostly English around him ~ just my two cents.

I'm very sorry KelseyAnn, and I hope your mother goes as peacefully as she can, and that you have a lot of support during such a tough time =/

Thanks, it's appreciated. I have my sisters and I, and that helps. It's just hard because she was a very abusive person, yet she is still my mother. 

@KelseyAnn I'm sorry to read that ~ and at the end of the day I agree, a lot of children can still love their parents (in spite of) not because of what they did.  Though of course, you don't owe her anything, I hope your family is able to come together during such a tough time, and am glad to know you have the support you need <3

Please reach out if at any time you need to vent - it's interesting how much easier it can be to talk to total strangers about things.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived