IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

10 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Would he still be alive if he had untreated type 1?  That kind of diabetes usually appears in childhood. My dad was diagnosed at age 10.  His doctors actually suspected it because he hadn't gained a single pound since his last doctor's appointment the year before (along with the peeing frequently).

My bf was only diagnosed with diabetis type 1 two years ago, at the age of 25. He'd been having physical issues for about six months before he was diagnosed. He'd lost a lot of weight, he was constantly thirsty, he was very moody, he wasn't sleeping well, he started getting eczema, and he looked tired and ill all the time. However, because of his age the doctor didn't think of diabetes right away. If it would have taken them half a year longer to diagnose him, he would have most likely slipped into a coma at a certain point. I'm very happy that didn't happen. 
However, regarding the possibility of having undiagnosed/untreated diabetes type 1, the doctor who treated my bf in the hospital told us that untreated diabetes negatively influences your libido and chances of (natural) reproduction. Since Jill is pregnant, and they've said they were trying for another baby prior to her getting pregnant (and Derick looked very happy at the prospect of procreation), I don't think he has untreated diabetes. Of course I'm not a doctor, so I can only speculate.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Can we keep them the fuck out of the US too? It's assholes like them who got Cinnamon Hitler and the Albino from "The Davinci Code" elected. 

I don't know what country has done something heinous enough to deserve them.

17 minutes ago, cptbailey said:

16266357_1127973247301483_64687080656256

Guess the whole story line was made up for the show once again. Or homeboy is in denial.*shrug*

Who knows with these people, honestly. But people might turn in anyway even if he says he's healthy cause they want to make their own observations.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I don't know what country has done something heinous enough to deserve them.

Maybe North Korea? But the North Korean people already have enough shit to deal with.

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Maybe North Korea? But the North Korean people already have enough shit to deal with.

Maybe they can give us tips on how to deal with a psychopathic fascist manchild with bad hair and nuclear codes.

Given the recent news about Trump's refugee bans, I'd like to hear Jill & Derick's explanation for why people should be forced to live in countries even more dangerous than the ones they couldn't even handle visiting for a few months in first-world accommodations.  Derick especially should have an explanation because he was so vocal in his support for Trump.

2 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

This popped up on my fb feed today.....

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/202615/duggar_fans_are_concerned_about?utm_content=duggars_fanpage&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=fbpaid_cmmaind&Dmpg2=f_1899&goal=pv

Shows pics of Derrick over the last couple of years and posters speculate on his health.

meh...the only one striking to me was around the 4th of july. most look like he's lost some weight since the beginning, but nothing like what some of the people are speculating!

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

meh...the only one striking to me was around the 4th of july. most look like he's lost some weight since the beginning, but nothing like what some of the people are speculating!

I don't think all of the pictures looked THAT alarming either, but did you notice his arm here? This is not normal-thin.

arm.png

At this point I'm just going to take Derick at his word that he's (at least reasonably) healthy. He doesn't seem great at self-care, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's ill. He may just be a little odd looking.

Maybe when he says he's "healthy" he simply means not dying ~ he seems to have moments of weirdness on twitter (i.e. just random one liners that come out of nowhere, when before, he at least seemed to try to come across as coherent and aware of the "brand").

He could have multiple health issues that without treatment compounded things (diabetes, acid reflux, complications from the jaw surgery, long term stress, etc.).  OR he was sick with *something* but after seeing the doctor, he's better now.  I really do think something is going on with him, but who the heck knows if it's physical, mental, or both?

It's a shame he had his teeth/ mouth done. I realise he may have had to for health reasons.

If it was done for purely cosmetic reasons then no, should have left well alone.

A friend of my boys had her lower jaw slightly re-aligned. She is 2 years post surgery now, still has slight difficulty chewing and has lost a lot of weight that she really didn't need too. She takes liquid supplements to try to re-gain some weight.

Oral surgery isn't something to have done without a reason me thinks. 

6 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Saw this on my Twitter stream this morning. 

I suppose they wouldn't think that applies to them, anyway - they don't go to offer aid and shelter. Only Jesus.

I'm honestly expecting some lunatic fundie to jump on the "Let's convert the Muslims to Jesus" and start showing up at airports.

15 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I suppose they wouldn't think that applies to them, anyway - they don't go to offer aid and shelter. Only Jesus.

I'm honestly expecting some lunatic fundie to jump on the "Let's convert the Muslims to Jesus" and start showing up at airports.

Please,no. Just no. Aren't those people suffering enough?

4 minutes ago, nst said:

People magazine is reporting that Jill is having a 

SPOILER 

Boy 

This time it has to be Rick James :pb_lol:

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

This time it has to be Rick James :pb_lol:

and the siblings found out through a scavenger hunt meaning TLC filmed the last six plus cousins all running around a house 

that pic of Derick with the cowboy hat was the actual scavenger hunt day was the day 

7 minutes ago, karen77 said:

That is the oddest set of clothing to have be the announcement....so weird.

Maybe it's just something they bought for Izzy and they figured it would do.

Glad to hear it is another boy. I always hope for a long line of boys for these Duggar girls, in order to avoid the sister moms crap continuing the next generation for as long as possible.

25 minutes ago, karen77 said:

That is the oddest set of clothing to have be the announcement....so weird.

it looks like the child will be born 10 pounds again 

5 minutes ago, nst said:

it looks like the child will be born 10 pounds again 

Meh...assuming she is about 20 weeks, she doesn't' look all that big to me.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived