IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

So I checked John's FB (https://www.facebook.com/#!/john.shrader.125?fref=ts) and he has just wrecked the van. And the electrical is out in the popup, which means no heat. Why am I really not surprised about either one of these? But no worries! He guilted someone into loaning them a van and a trailer house. I'm sure Esther's been having a fine time being hugely pregnant, trapped in a popup with no heat, no money, and umpteen children. I'm wondering why Josh & Anna don't share some of their TLC money? Jebus first, then others, and yourself last, & all...

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I checked John's FB (https://www.facebook.com/#!/john.shrader.125?fref=ts) and he has just wrecked the van. And the electrical is out in the popup, which means no heat. Why am I really not surprised about either one of these? But no worries! He guilted someone into loaning them a van and a trailer house. I'm sure Esther's been having a fine time being hugely pregnant, trapped in a popup with no heat, no money, and umpteen children. I'm wondering why Josh & Anna don't share some of their TLC money? Jebus first, then others, and yourself last, & all...

I think J&A are the types that wouldn't help out relatives financially. Neither one comes off as having compassion unless for anti-choice causes.

I think J&A are the types that wouldn't help out relatives financially. Neither one comes off as having compassion unless for anti-choice causes.

The season has already been filmed so there is nothing for the Duggars to gain from letting the Schraders onto the property. Honestly, I bet that John is such a moocher and charlatan that he's gotten a reputation around the family as such and they all avoid him. And considering how little the quiverfull types regard their own children I cannot imagine how little compassion they have for the suffering children of others (unless its for a photo op).

I really fear for those kids. They must be scared, and uncomfortable and stressed out. They must be feeling so insecure and terrified. There's no way that they are getting a lick of education with a heavily pregnant mother in that tiny van. And what's the option? Being taken away by CPS? And they'll be separated for sure. And who knows what sort of foster homes they'd end up in. Its lose-lose for these kids. I am sure that Esther loves her children, but she's obviously mentally ill to allow them to live like that and to follow her unemployable lazy and worthless POS husband around while he continues to impregnate her. I hope she won't be giving birth in the camper van too. I really hope that this woman at least goes to an ER when she starts her labor. Those children do not deserve to be in a camper with a laboring woman and the mess and stress of watching mom give birth in that hovel. My heart breaks for those children. They will end up with even more siblings and even more poverty and uncertainty and stress.

Agree I feel really bad for their kids. I don't get why any man would do that to their wife & children. I also wonder why they would have another child if their finances were so shaky.

Agree I feel really bad for their kids. I don't get why any man would do that to their wife & children. I also wonder why they would have another child if their finances were so shaky.

Simple answer. Because he's an arrogant f*ckwad. He has decided that he's the boss and he probably enjoys this nomadic b.s. I wouldn't be shocked if he has some elicit activities he's engaging on while on the road. And he's a grade A moocher. If they stayed put then he'd have to find a real job and work every day to support that stationary lifestyle. This way he plays on other people's pity to get freebies. Obviously he's not going to forgo sex just because they live in a tiny camper van with the kiddies. No way. And birth control is bad

And she's been raised to be a mindless husband follower. The husband's needs will always come before the children's needs. Its your typical abusive family, they just masquerade under the veneer of being godly and christian.

Simple answer. Because he's an arrogant f*ckwad. He has decided that he's the boss and he probably enjoys this nomadic b.s. I wouldn't be shocked if he has some elicit activities he's engaging on while on the road. And he's a grade A moocher. If they stayed put then he'd have to find a real job and work every day to support that stationary lifestyle. This way he plays on other people's pity to get freebies. Obviously he's not going to forgo sex just because they live in a tiny camper van with the kiddies. No way. And birth control is bad

And she's been raised to be a mindless husband follower. The husband's needs will always come before the children's needs. Its your typical abusive family, they just masquerade under the veneer of being godly and christian.

Thanks & I totally agree!

The season has already been filmed so there is nothing for the Duggars to gain from letting the Schraders onto the property. Honestly, I bet that John is such a moocher and charlatan that he's gotten a reputation around the family as such and they all avoid him. And considering how little the quiverfull types regard their own children I cannot imagine how little compassion they have for the suffering children of others (unless its for a photo op).

QFT. I imagine John being the kind of guy in the family (I know I have that person in my family...) who says their kids are hungry, so you give them money, then a couple months later, he's begging again, but has a brand new, very nice car. There are always those people who you really want to help out, but you know that the money isn't going where it's needed.

I feel bad for the children though. Their lives may not be that great being homeschooled in a camper while their mother has a new blessing every 18 months, but I can't see things getting much better in Zambia.

On another note, John posted that Esther is expecting a girl. Her sisters are Alatheia, Agape, and Charis. I wonder what name they'll pull out of the sky for this little blessing...

On another note, John posted that Esther is expecting a girl. Her sisters are Alatheia, Agape, and Charis. I wonder what name they'll pull out of the sky for this little blessing...

They are going for Greek names to appear "biblically learned". :roll:

Alatheia= Truth

Agape = Love

Charis = Grace

Agape and Charis are actually used by modern Greeks as names for girls. (because you can never have too much useless trivia ;) )

In keeping with the spirit of their naming theme, I'll take some action on this next one being either a Sophia (Wisdom) or Elpitha (Hope). It better not be Peestis (Faith), because that would just be mean.

Edited because mama needs a new toaster.

They are going for Greek names to appear "biblically learned". :roll:

Alatheia= Truth

Agape = Love

Charis = Grace

Agape and Charis are actually used by modern Greeks as names for girls. (because you can never have too much useless trivia ;) )

While their names will stand out in the US, I'm just glad they spelled them correctly and not ukneekly. Can you imagine Agapay, Alaytheia, or Kharis?

While their names will stand out in the US, I'm just glad they spelled them correctly and not ukneekly. Can you imagine Agapay, Alaytheia, or Kharis?

Actually, they can get as kreativ with the spelling as they want, as Greek uses an entirely different alphabet. :dance:

Well I have some guesses:

Cyrine- Strength

Damara- Gentle

Eleni- Light

Elpida- Hope

Eusebia- Religious

Macaria- Happy

Osanna- Praise

Timandra- Honoring Man

Or if they want to be realistic...

Desdemona- Misery

I suggest Omega. It's in the Bible and maybe they will stop with this child so it will be the last one. Goodness knows they can't afford the ones they have.

Jeez the Rev. Schrader really needs a blog called, "7kids, a pregnant wife and a popup camper. " That's not a very big house (not like the big mobile home in WA) but I'm glad Esther and the kids have shelter and heat. John certainly wasn't gonna provide it for them. And what if John weren't so lucky? What if he really had a bad crash and he not just the van were totaled? How long would those supporters be paying the bills for Esther and her brood? Something to think about (as Steve Maxhell would say).

Schadenfreund at it's best. (Come to think about it, it's a pretty good name for the new baby.)

Jeez the Rev. Schrader really needs a blog called, "7kids, a pregnant wife and a popup camper. " That's not a very big house (not like the big mobile home in WA) but I'm glad Esther and the kids have shelter and heat. John certainly wasn't gonna provide it for them. And what if John weren't so lucky? What if he really had a bad crash and he not just the van were totaled? How long would those supporters be paying the bills for Esther and her brood? Something to think about (as Steve Maxhell would say).

Schadenfreund at it's best. (Come to think about it, it's a pretty good name for the new baby.)

I'm trying to wrap my mind around Esther not having enough survival instinct to stand up to the "Rev." and say enough playing pastor get a job... Living in a pop up camper should be grounds to have the child welfare authorities asking them both some hard questions.

Agree!!

I agree but it won't happen. They're in a very poor part of WA/OR (if they haven't left the area I'm thinking of). I think the social services are stretched thinly enough there without having to inquire about kids that aren't being physically abused. Yes, the kids are being neglected by living in the pop-up, and probably abused spiritually and emotionally, but that's not going to alert CPS. If the kids were being beaten, starved and otherwise physically abused, then they would get some help. But that's not happening- yes, they're poor, cold and hungry. Lots of kids everywhere are poor, cold and hungry but not physically abused.

I agree but it won't happen. They're in a very poor part of WA/OR (if they haven't left the area I'm thinking of). I think the social services are stretched thinly enough there without having to inquire about kids that aren't being physically abused. Yes, the kids are being neglected by living in the pop-up, and probably abused spiritually and emotionally, but that's not going to alert CPS. If the kids were being beaten, starved and otherwise physically abused, then they would get some help. But that's not happening- yes, they're poor, cold and hungry. Lots of kids everywhere are poor, cold and hungry but not physically abused.

They are in Texas now. If they were still in Boregonia Social Services would see that the kids had adequate food and heat. Last winter they were in the pop up for a portion and got moved into a home by Xmas, there was snow on the ground and it gets very cold where they had previously been in Boregonia.

ETA that's a quote from SamuraiKatz above not me. Quotes are fuggled, oh well.

John Enough is enough go and apply for Food Stamps and WIC so the children can at least eat. Then get a job so you can provide your family a place to live that is not on wheels and has heat. Then take a trip to Plan Parenthood and get free birth control. STOP HAVING KIDS until you can afford them. Use the brain that God gave you.

Am I the only one who was suprised they were living in Oregon. I mean Portland is liberal and even the out laying areas are more laxed. What was the driving force for them to come? I was a little freaked out that their fundie church address for donations was in Auburn, WA only because I use to live there. An odd place for a fundy chuch considering it is a suburb 45 minutes from Seattle.

John Enough is enough go and apply for Food Stamps and WIC so the children can at least eat. Then get a job so you can provide your family a place to live that is not on wheels and has heat. Then take a trip to Plan Parenthood and get free birth control. STOP HAVING KIDS until you can afford them. Use the brain that God gave you.

All of this. But we all know that John and Esther won't do any of that. They probably think food stamps and WIC are evil. I agree John needs to work. Didn't he try to pull off pastoring full time?

All of this. But we all know that John and Esther won't do any of that. They probably think food stamps and WIC are evil. I agree John needs to work. Didn't he try to pull off pastoring full time?

I think he was pastoring and working at the car lot when they were up on the Boregon Gorge. Then the call to the ministry in Africa.

What pisses me off is that he was fundraising last month to purchase an airplane for some ministry in Africa while his wife was without heat in the pop up. They were in the same town as his parents in Tejas. John so much reminds me of Nathan Price (the minister in The Poisonwood Bible).

Well, if they are in Texas now, particularly southeast, he should feel more at home than in Boregon. This is the land of Rick Perry and outside the major cities, firmly Bible Thumpin'. Texas is in the top ten lowest spenders on education, yet in the top three for teen pregnancies. (Coincidence?) :roll:

Well, if they are in Texas now, particularly southeast, he should feel more at home than in Boregon. This is the land of Rick Perry and outside the major cities, firmly Bible Thumpin'. Texas is in the top ten lowest spenders on education, yet in the top three for teen pregnancies. (Coincidence?) :roll:

He was in Red Boregon.

This shit infuriates me Esther dear if by some miracle you're reading this your husband is a lazy worthless bum, and you need to take the kids and run to the nearest department of social services apply for foodstamps, medicaid, TANF, emergency housing and WIC. Your kids deserve a real home that isn't on wheels, and they deserve to know where their next meal is coming from. You wouldn't be doing anything wrong the Bible even says a man who won't support his family has denied the faith and is worse than an unbelieve.r (1st Timothy 5:8)

Just looked at his fb page. Whoever mentioned Sophia as name was correct. There is an ultrasound pic on the page as well. And +1 to all who have said he needs to get off his ass and get a job to provide for his family and above all stop having kids they can't afford.

Archived