IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

That camper doesn't look big enough to have a toilet...

Some of the pop-ups like that have what's basically a small camping toilet that fits under a cabinet. You open the cabinet door, lift the counter top, & sit down. No privacy unless you make everyone leave the camper while you "go"

The newer high-side campers can have a fold up shower with a toilet inside, kind of like a porta-potty. In a nice campground it's less trouble just to go to the bathhouse, but camping in someone's backyard... :?

I know a lot about campers. :) Can you tell how much I love camping?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the pop-ups like that have what's basically a small camping toilet that fits under a cabinet. You open the cabinet door, lift the counter top, & sit down. No privacy unless you make everyone leave the camper while you "go"

The newer high-side campers can have a fold up shower with a toilet inside, kind of like a porta-potty. In a nice campground it's less trouble just to go to the bathhouse, but camping in someone's backyard... :?

I know a lot about campers. :) Can you tell how much I love camping?

I posted the layout of that camper months ago. It has the exact toilet you speak of and I doubt that they chose the shower option. I wonder how modesty works when it's rainy outside and daddy drops his drawers to sit on the hopper? Some fundy stuff can never make sense to me.

When my old church was still affiliated with FWB, we used to get a half dozen or so missionary couples a year who were on "itinerant", trying to raise the funds they needed. They usually had to raise a certain amount in cash, & a certain amount in pledges each month. It took years for some of them.

ETA: I can't imagine how hard it's been to raise funds since the economy went downhill.

I know people who have attended or attending megachurches. For several years they would tell me about love offerings and fund raisers that the church or church members would have for missionary trips. In the past few years, stuff like that has decreased. My cousin told me about a couple that she is friends with from her church. They are in their 50s and used to take 1 week missionary trips yearly. Their trips were international trips. They did put some of their own money into those trips and the church would help them out. They haven't gone on a international trip in a few years and people from the church offered to help them out, but the couple has refused.

I guess the good news from all of this is I'm sure they're pretty much guaranteeing every last on of their kids leaves their lifestyle. Other than that, not much good.

If I were someone in a congregation they go to my first thought would be, "you have HOW many kids and one on the way?" To me that's just a waste of resources. You really want missionaries, fine, but find some that have fewer kids. I was at a fundylite-ish church for a time and when a missionary couple had their fourth kid they were pretty much told if they had any more the church would stop supporting them because even though many non-missionary families at that church had between 5 and 10 (a couple families had more) kids, they just didn't think they finances were worth it for international missionaries. I mean, we're talking international air travel for how many people? I'd say at least 6 because presumably a couple won't need tickets yet, but that gets exhorbitantly expensive rapidly and it's just not worth the money.

They sold the house in Texas. I wonder why it's taking so long to get this show on the road.

I might be making too much sense here, but if they have no money and need to earn money, why aren't they sitting their asses down and WORKING instead of blowing hundreds to thousands running around in an RV?

While I don't agree with the principles of the Southern Baptist Convention, they have missions down to an exact science. They fund all mission work through cooperative giving from all the churches, so missionaries can do mission work and not focus on funding.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel like scrolling through 18 pages of this thread to see if this has already been mentioned, but what does this freakshow have to gain by posting his children's full names and dates of birth on his public page? Is it so that god will know exactly where to direct the prayers being sent their way? I don't get it.

I don't feel like scrolling through 18 pages of this thread to see if this has already been mentioned, but what does this freakshow have to gain by posting his children's full names and dates of birth on his public page? Is it so that god will know exactly where to direct the prayers being sent their way? I don't get it.

I see a lot of people do that. It seems common amongst those with lots of kids. It's as if to say "look this is how many we have and they each have their own name and age". Like an odd type of pride? or listing all your toys. I think it's a horrific privacy list, but I have seen non-fundie mummy bloggers do it.

Oh my gosh, just saw the picture with the date of births. They photoshopped their family picture into an African-looking background??!?! Who does that? This is before their mission trip even? I find the concept of missionaries gross enough bu that just brings a whole new level of crazy. Also, Agape is not a good name.

Oh my gosh, just saw the picture with the date of births. They photoshopped their family picture into an African-looking background??!?! Who does that? This is before their mission trip even? I find the concept of missionaries gross enough bu that just brings a whole new level of crazy. Also, Agape is not a good name.

That freaky Africa photoshop profile picture is what I was referring to, but I've since noticed he lists their names and DOB on his about section as well. The photo is the epitome of creeptastic.

I used to have a friend who went on some religious journey and decided to live in a commune called Agape. I had no idea that it was pronounced Ah-ga-pay, I always thought it was Uh-gape, and obviously had no idea what it meant. Thanks to Creeper Shrader I now know better. It's an awful name for a little girl, though.

I might be making too much sense here, but if they have no money and need to earn money, why aren't they sitting their asses down and WORKING instead of blowing hundreds to thousands running around in an RV?

Mela99, I want you to take 2 aspirin and have a nice nap. Hopefully, you will wake up and that fit of LOGIC will have passed. ;)

Listen to Auntie AreteJo, the baby Jesus weeps when females overtax their brains with sense. He knows it hurts us.

I guess the good news from all of this is I'm sure they're pretty much guaranteeing every last on of their kids leaves their lifestyle. Other than that, not much good.

If I were someone in a congregation they go to my first thought would be, "you have HOW many kids and one on the way?" To me that's just a waste of resources. You really want missionaries, fine, but find some that have fewer kids. I was at a fundylite-ish church for a time and when a missionary couple had their fourth kid they were pretty much told if they had any more the church would stop supporting them because even though many non-missionary families at that church had between 5 and 10 (a couple families had more) kids, they just didn't think they finances were worth it for international missionaries. I mean, we're talking international air travel for how many people? I'd say at least 6 because presumably a couple won't need tickets yet, but that gets exhorbitantly expensive rapidly and it's just not worth the money.

I would think that a young married couple fresh from their wedding, or one with a proven track record of infertility would be the ones who would go to a mission.

I honestly think this Zambia thing is a scam. They will collect the money but there won't ever be enough. Its funding their miserable trip around the US in a camper van. I hope, for the kid's sake, that they are least heading southward right now. I am trying to figure out whether a camper van in summer with a ton of kids is worse or a camper van in winter? IN the later at least you're not sweating your balls off all day... but, without room to move inside they'd pretty much only be able to play outside. And their parents don't seem like the type to have packed appropriate winter clothing for all of them. I hope that they at least let the kids go to a library and run around in some sort of gym like a YMCA.

I'm going to bet it takes an extraordinary amount of beating and intimidation to keep that many kids in a camper from totally trashing the place.

I'm somewhat torn on the names. On the one hand the names -especially Agape- are seriously...spushul. However, that little girl has to live with her name for her entire life and I think one could argue that snarking kids' names is like snarking on kids' looks etc. In other words, inappropriate. But I also wonder why in this speshul case the name had to be so uber uber speshul. Not like any public school teacher will ever have to spell the name, but still... why not name the kid after her aunt Anna? Anna Shrader, pretty cute. Agape? Sheesh. Not so much...

Plenty of women are named Agape in Greece and in the US from Greek parents, they get through life just fine. :roll:

Her parents are going to be her biggest problem, not her name.

Plenty of women are named Agape in Greece and in the US from Greek parents, they get through life just fine. :roll:

:clap:

signed,

The mother of a Tavian (shortening of Octavian/Augustus Caesar and pretty popular in eastern Europe)

Of course you can be fine with an unusual name, it's just going to be annoying every day of your life when everyone thinks it's the word and not a Greek name.

Mela99, I want you to take 2 aspirin and have a nice nap. Hopefully, you will wake up and that fit of LOGIC will have passed. ;)

Listen to Auntie AreteJo, the baby Jesus weeps when females overtax their brains with sense. He knows it hurts us.

I guess I need to stop being a bad girl and using my brain. Clearly law school is teaching me naught but defraudery and ebil. I'll make sure to inform all the womenfolk at the courthouse today to go home and stop wearing pants.

:shamed:

I think it means love? It's pretty.

Why don't the families help them out? If only for the sake of the kids. I don't get it.

I think it means love? It's pretty.

Why don't the families help them out? If only for the sake of the kids. I don't get it.

I suspect they do help but are Strapped too. There is also the leave and cleave mentality these people have. I think the Schraders are portraying their travels as a choice.they have no problem taking Handouts to nice to Zambia. I suspect they are just to prideful to get government help or to be honest about their situation. I'm sure their families are sick of them too. Once you give people Like the Schrader a few bucks they will keep finding their way back to you.

I suspect they do help but are Strapped too. There is also the leave and cleave mentality these people have. I think the Schraders are portraying their travels as a choice.they have no problem taking Handouts to nice to Zambia. I suspect they are just to prideful to get government help or to be honest about their situation. I'm sure their families are sick of them too. Once you give people Like the Schrader a few bucks they will keep finding their way back to you.

John had previously written that his family bought them the van before they set out West. I have a feeling that the families are tapped out. Certainly the Kellers aren't in any position to help. It's up to the internet $heeple to keep the money rolling in.

How long before they make a cameo on 19KAC? David is from a missionary family, the Duggars have more real estate than they know what to do with, and theres strength krazy in numbers. They can all live on a compound, fund their own missionary crap (AKA the duggar bus) driving all around the country talking about legitimate rape and how to have a successful marriage and not pay taxes.

You know what pisses me off about these two because of their upbringing they'd be the first to condemn a single mom who is working, going to school or both who is receiving foodstamps or Medicaid, so that her kids don't have to suffer until she can afford to support them on her own. All the while this supposedly godly Christian man would rather drag his seven kids and pregnant wife all over the country in a van with a camper begging charity off of other large families who can probably ill afford to support an asshat who is too lazy to settle down and support his family. If I was another quiverful patriarch and the Shraders showed up looking for help I'd feed Esther and the kids, but I'd make the hubby (sorry I forgot his name) watch them eat while I gave him a lecture on getting a job so he can stop being a mooch.

That can't be comfortable OR sanitary, all those people and little kids in a crowded trailer. Damn I'd be annoyed enough as it is with 2 or 3 other people. :?

• 1 month later...

From Twitter: John Shrader â€@missionsmuse

Dear prayer partners, please pray as my back is out and our children are down with a severe bronchial illness. We covet your prayers.

Gee, you make 7 small children live in a tiny camper for months at a time, winter is coming, and they get sick? Wow, that's certainly unexpected!

And on their website - check out the "about us" section -poor Esther, she grew up with the crazy, then married the crazier. Among my favorites, he calls his grandfather a drunken womanizer, and the story of him being "saved" at age 5 (I was so sure of my lost condition that I was afraid to even go to sleep, not knowing if I would die in the night and be condemned to hell!) http://shrader.teamzambia.com/about-us/

Archived