IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Well, if they are in Texas now, particularly southeast, he should feel more at home than in Boregon. This is the land of Rick Perry and outside the major cities, firmly Bible Thumpin'. Texas is in the top ten lowest spenders on education, yet in the top three for teen pregnancies. (Coincidence?) :roll:

He was in a conservative part of Oregon- like super conservative. The farther you go east, the more conservative it gets.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Enough is enough go and apply for Food Stamps and WIC so the children can at least eat. Then get a job so you can provide your family a place to live that is not on wheels and has heat. Then take a trip to Plan Parenthood and get free birth control. STOP HAVING KIDS until you can afford them. Use the brain that God gave you.

Agree! Times 100!!

The worst part of it all is that if the lazy manchild er I mean headship of the family would get over himself and his crazy dream of ministering overseas, and get a damned job already he just might be able to support his family, and I wouldn't give two shits if they had a couple dozen blessings. My problem is the thought of all those poor kids who didn't ask to be born into their parents insanity going hungry and cold and being forced to live all jammed into a camper like like a bunch of sardines. If you're going to have that damned many kids it should have occurred to you that you're going to have to work pretty freaking hard to feed, clothe and shelter them all.

Apparently he nodded off at the wheel too.

Should have been much worse after a 55'-60' flight through the air!

View all 8 comments

Paul Abigail Miller Wow! Glad you are ok.

19 hours ago

Paul Abigail Miller What happened?

19 hours ago

John Shrader I nodded off

19 hours ago

Paul Abigail Miller Brother! That's what Mt. Dew is for!!

19 hours ago

John Shrader Lol! We had a wonderful time at Grace IBC last Sunday! Thanks for the referral

18 hours ago

Paul Abigail Miller You were at our home church? Wonderful. Glad it worked out.

They are in Leesville, Louisiana now. At least it should be a bit warmer there, shouldn't it?

Apparently he nodded off at the wheel too.

They are in Leesville, Louisiana now. At least it should be a bit warmer there, shouldn't it?

"No biggie, I just almost killed my whole family because I'm too stupid to pull over and sleep."

25k67fb.jpg

2ufdoap.jpg

This right here is why I don't get worried when QF/fundies talk of breeding armies and making an impact on the world with their massive amounts of children. The majority of them will be too poor to make anything happen or go anywhere.

I see on John's page that he and Esther are expecting another blessing. I understand that ultra-conservative christians want to be free to serve God at a drop of a hat, but I sense they are not being smart in the process. Can't they serve God and still have a home base with room for their children?

More evidence showing that the way these 2nd generation fundie kids were raised is not feasible for the survival of their little "Army for God". I'm so sad that these people are subjecting their 7? 8? children to living in a popup tent and then "oh hey what's one more mouth to provide for"... oh wait, their NOT providing. I understand that people often fall on hard times and there are many unfortunate, uncontrollable circumstances that lead to homelessness, but THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I know everyone is basically airing these same sentiments, but I just had to get it out. And one more thing: Where the heck is she getting care for the new blessing? Is she going without care? Will she homebirth? I feel sorry for the children whose parents are foolishly choosing depravation for their families.

I was just looking at his site and noticed a "Sarah Shrader Waller". These fundies are that intermarried? So John is married to Anna's sister Esther. And Anna's other sister Priscilla is married to David Waller. But, also John's sister Sarah is married to Waller? Their family trees don't branch, they just intertwine. Eventually there is going to be some freaky deaky first cousin marriage with people being first cousins on BOTH sides. I wonder what genetic abnormality (other than their stupidity) will be passed on.

QF is going to become as inbred as many Amish communities. There simply aren't enough families in the gene pool. You can almost put money on Duggar--Bates, Duggar--Payne Duggar--Wilkes and other combinations.

The camper tent or an ancient mobile home or tiny 3 bedroom ranch in a 50s neighborhood are more reality for QF families than the show place blogger homes or Duggars & friends homes. I see a couple of families at the library and used to see others in our old location. Worn out Moms, exhausted pasty-faced kids in ages old, over-washed clothing piling into 20 year old church vans. And those were the ones willing to participate in a library homeschool program. Others won't take that "risk."

So sad.

OMG. Grace in Leesville? I used to live there. That church/ area is a hotbed of fundie crazy. And no, it's still cold in Louisiana right now. Oh god I hate them so much for doing that to their children.

I see on John's page that he and Esther are expecting another blessing. I understand that ultra-conservative christians want to be free to serve God at a drop of a hat, but I sense they are not being smart in the process. Can't they serve God and still have a home base with room for their children?

It shows how far from "normal" Christianity they have drifted. In almost any denomination that I've attended what John is putting his family through would be considered shameful and in most sinful. He's putting his wants, needs, and desires above his wife's and children's basic needs.

I was just looking at his site and noticed a "Sarah Shrader Waller". These fundies are that intermarried? So John is married to Anna's sister Esther. And Anna's other sister Priscilla is married to David Waller. But, also John's sister Sarah is married to Waller? Their family trees don't branch, they just intertwine. Eventually there is going to be some freaky deaky first cousin marriage with people being first cousins on BOTH sides. I wonder what genetic abnormality (other than their stupidity) will be passed on.

You get this

Also this book:

geeklove_zps8e2dc99f.jpg

From Amazon "Geek Love is the story of the Binewskis, a carny family whose mater- and paterfamilias set out–with the help of amphetamine, arsenic, and radioisotopes–to breed their own exhibit of human oddities. There’s Arturo the Aquaboy, who has flippers for limbs and a megalomaniac ambition worthy of Genghis Khan . . . Iphy and Elly, the lissome Siamese twins . . . albino hunchback Oly, and the outwardly normal Chick, whose mysterious gifts make him the family’s most precious–and dangerous–asset.

As the Binewskis take their act across the backwaters of the U.S., inspiring fanatical devotion and murderous revulsion; as its members conduct their own Machiavellian version of sibling rivalry, Geek Love throws its sulfurous light on our notions of the freakish and the normal, the beautiful and the ugly, the holy and the obscene. Family values will never be the same."

ETA: Sorry, I don't know how to imbed videos

This is what I don't understand about some fun dies; I understand their love for God and I understand their belief that God will take care of them but I'll never understand thoes who base every little decision in their lives to what God wants them to do. There's a reason why we have a brain and the ability to make our own choices-yet, I feel like, in a fundie world, having your own thoughts and decisions is Satan talk, therefore, you should do no such thing. It makes absolutely no sense.

I don't care how much love the Shrader family has for Jesus, but what John is doing is completely selfish and stupid on his part. I don't care how much they love Jesus, at some point, you need to take a step back and be a bigger person and start taking care of your family! For fuck sakes, Esther is going to give birth to little Sophia in a few weeks!

I understand their are people who don't have a lot of money but those people do work hard and bust their ass off to provide for their family. John could go out and get a job and be a provider for his family but he chooses not to. Why? Because he believes that only God should direct him to do that and not himself. What the fuck?! How does that make any sense? You're a grown man! Snap out of your fantasy world and grow the hell up and be a better father and husband for your family! I get it that your supposed calling is to convert every adult and child to Christianity (which is utter stupidity, by the way) but right now, your family is suffering so you need to step up to the plate. Yes, you've been fortunate enough to have people help you out but that's not because of God's will; these are just good people who felt sorry for you and wanted to help out. At some point, people are going to see how selfish you are and will stop caring to help you out. Then what are you going to do?! Sit there in your camper, waiting for God to give you directions on what to do next?! Pathetic.

:dance: OMG, first I correctly predict Uriah's mechanical problem for the 2012 Fall trip, now I correctly guessed the name of the next Shrader blessing! I wish I was this omniscient IRL.

:dance: OMG, first I correctly predict Uriah's mechanical problem for the 2012 Fall trip, now I correctly guessed the name of the next Shrader blessing! I wish I was this omniscient IRL.

Have they had the baby? What is the name?

The lifestyle of the Schraders isn't going to convert anyone to god. It's hardly attractive.

Please tell me that Esther has somewhere safe to birth the blessing and the care of a midwife.

Have they had the baby? What is the name?

xReems in the post above mine mentioned that the baby will be named Sophia, which means wisdom in Greek. They have given all the girls biblical Greek names so far. :roll: :lol:

I wish I never read this! My heart is breaking for these children. OMG! I CANNOT imagine living in the Columbia Gorge in a pop-up in the winter. Especially with the near continual rain we had in Nivember. The Gorge is BEAUTIFUL but those infamous East winds are bitter cold and sometimes unceasing.

What really gets me is how these sickos twist everything for their agenda. These poor kids!!

When Jesus said "suffer the little children" he did not mean "make the children suffer" O.O

It shows how far from "normal" Christianity they have drifted. In almost any denomination that I've attended what John is putting his family through would be considered shameful and in most sinful. He's putting his wants, needs, and desires above his wife's and children's basic needs.

QFT. Sounds like the people following JOY in that house are the wife and kids.

^^^That. John first, others (ie, John second), yourself last.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Sarah Waller Schrader I'm seeing on FB is either a different person to David Waller (the pecan thief)'s sister, or she's left the cult of Gothard. There's no way a good Gothardite woman would dress the way she does.

Why isnt he getting a job?? Youd think that he would be doing everything he can to to make sure his kids and pregnant wife have somewhere comfortable to live, and trying to make sure they arent homeless by the time their next kid is born.

1 Timothy 5:8 "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. Apparently Johnny skipped this verse.

^^^That. John first, others (ie, John second), yourself last.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Sarah Waller Schrader I'm seeing on FB is either a different person to David Waller (the pecan thief)'s sister, or she's left the cult of Gothard. There's no way a good Gothardite woman would dress the way she does.

You're right. I jumped to conclusions. Sarah Shrader Waller is married to Anthony Waller and there's no mention of an Anthony or Tony Waller as a direct sibling to David Waller. Sarah Waller is definitely John Shrader's sister and therefore an in-law to the Duggars, albeit distantly. It seems that she's rejected the nutjob lifestyle that her brother is living. I don't know how nutty the rest of the family is but it seems horrid that Sarah is living in a luxurious house and she and her husband drive fancy cars and go on expensive trips, plus they seem to be motorcycle collectors. All the while her nieces and nephews are living in abject poverty. I'm not saying that she should be subsidizing her brother's crazyness and who knows how much money or help she's given/offered. But, I wonder if she's tried to at least get a few of her nieces/nephews out of that insanity. There's probably nothing she can do legally other than risk the kids getting sucked into the CPS system or losing all contact with them.

I truly want to know how the family overall feels about John and Esther's "adventures" and whether or not they worry about the children. They must have some knowledge as they are friended on facebook but I suspect that John is "too pious" to seek let someone with big hair and low cut blouses help the children out even for a minute. And I wonder if he and Esther would even visit family members whose life would appear enviable to the children but who are definitely godless heathens by their definition.

Archived