IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible she's not really getting antibiotics at all? Can the Midwife prescribe them? Are they calling something like colloidial silver and calling it antibiotics? Because again, if this midwife is not able to prescribe meds, could she be getting real antibiotics?

I didn't think of that.....oh God I hope that she is getting antibiotics!

She needs to be in a hospital under a doctor's care. I would think that a licensed midwife would have referred her to a doctor by now. I don't have any experiences with midwives, but, I think they'd worry about malpractice and loosing their license.

Have her membranes actually ruptured? What are the antibiotics for? If she's got group B strep, yeah it's nice to get treated but it's not essential. They don't routinely screen for it in Europe, well Ireland anyway.

I also think they won't go to a hospital because people will be alerted to their living situation and who knows what else that goes on. Can't have anyone asking too many questions, they might find out about the blatant neglect of the children. They're destitute and likely qualify for all sorts of assistance but won't take it because Jesus.

Don't forget that it is a badge of honor not to rely on assistance from the ebil government even at the expense of your family's well-being.

Have her membranes actually ruptured? What are the antibiotics for? If she's got group B strep, yeah it's nice to get treated but it's not essential. They don't routinely screen for it in Europe, well Ireland anyway.

She has strep B (She also has the symptoms of an active colonization) and yes, it is essential to get treated. A newborn with strep B can have serious consequences. Breathing problems, heart and blood pressure instability, Gastrointestinal and kidney problems, sepsis, pneumonia and meningitis are the most common complications.

She has strep B (She also has the symptoms of an active colonization) and yes, it is essential to get treated. A newborn with strep B can have serious consequences. Breathing problems, heart and blood pressure instability, Gastrointestinal and kidney problems, sepsis, pneumonia and meningitis are the most common complications.

Yes. There's a website devoted to stories of women who've had their babies die after homebirths and, irrc, a couple of them were due to untreated strep B.

Is it possible she's not really getting antibiotics at all? Can the Midwife prescribe them? Are they calling something like colloidial silver and calling it antibiotics? Because again, if this midwife is not able to prescribe meds, could she be getting real antibiotics?

It might depend on the state, but CNMs (those who are actual nurses) can prescribe antibiotics and other drugs. If it's just a CPM (not nurses), probably not. CPMs might be able to do IVs though; paramedics and EMTs can do those too.

Have read the updates now. Yes I see that she has an infection of some sort. I had group b strep on my second baby but only found out after the fact. Complications can be fatal but they are rare. In comparison to other poverty stricken fundie births, she seems to be getting adequate care. They're not praying away the infection.

Read the updates and I am just so wtf. I am no medical expert and no experience with pregnancy / birth either, but with this combination of issues, I am horrified that she's not in the hospital at this point. I have serious questions about the birthing center / midwife allowing this to go for so long and not transporting her to a medical facility.

ETA: a rant: what kind of husband posts this stuff in a seeming nonchalant, God is good way? He should be freaking out by now. And for grammatical errors because I am not a product of the SOTDRT

I feel the same way. I also have no personal experience with pregnancy or birthing centers. I'm also thinking wtf. I have known a couple of midwives and both take their jobs seriously and wouldn't let this shit fly.

I just stopped by his facebook and see that he is now friends with Uriah Maxwell. Bwahaha, this MADE MY DAY!!! :lol:

Okay I just read through his posts again and I'm confused I assumed from the first post that most likely Esther had just experienced some false labor. It happened to me with two of my pregnancies I was certain it was the real thing got to the hospital got hooked up to the monitors and my contractions would just stop, annoying and embarrassing but not dangerous. I've also been given antibiotics because I tested positive for group B strep. I think with every one of my kids they put antibiotics in my IV as a precaution.

Most birthing centers around where I live are affiliated with a hospital and are usually situated very near the hospital in case of an emergency. Most have at least one doctor and several nurse midwives on staff. I can't see any of them letting a woman with an infection, high blood pressure, a stalled out labor, and a baby showing signs of distress continue to labor at the birthing center. Something is amiss I hope for Esther's sake and for the baby's that they are at a legit birthing center, and we're just reading too much into things. I know the nurse midwife who practiced in the same office as my OB was excellent at what she did and would not hesitate to send one of her patients to get better care if she felt they needed it. I only got to see her once because I was considered to high risk for her, but she was covering for my OB at one of my last appointments, because he was attending a delivery. She got very upset with my OB for holding off on my scheduled c-section, because I was swelling and had a moderately high BP she said if I had been her patient she would have recommend immediate delivery, so I doubt a good nurse midwife would let things go this far without recommending going to the hospital.

I really hope everything is okay but Esther's labor shouldn't just stall out, especially not with a mother who's delivered 7 babies in fairly rapid succession. Every labor is different but having a very difficult or slow one after so many uncomplicated ones is usually your body's way of signaling that something is wrong. Have any of her other labors been like this?

Still no baby? Poor Esther.

Agape (f)- 2008

What on earth did they have against this poor baby to give her such a name? They could have had it as a middle name if they HAD to use it. It is just ugly sounding and does not sound feminine at all, which would seem to me to be against their rigid male/female role requirements.

I just stopped by his facebook and see that he is now friends with Uriah Maxwell. Bwahaha, this MADE MY DAY!!! :lol:

ROTFLMAO

I really, really hope Uriah was the one who friended HIM!

Still no baby? Poor Esther.

What on earth did they have against this poor baby to give her such a name? They could have had it as a middle name if they HAD to use it. It is just ugly sounding and does not sound feminine at all, which would seem to me to be against their rigid male/female role requirements.

I actually think it's fairly pretty, though I wouldn't name my child that. It seems all the girls get names that are Greek terms for various Christian concepts. In this instance, Agape means the love God has for mankind. Aletheia means truth, Charis means kindness and Sophia means wisdom. If you're going with theme names, it's certainly better than all one letter.

I really hope everything is okay but Esther's labor shouldn't just stall out, especially not with a mother who's delivered 7 babies in fairly rapid succession. Every labor is different but having a very difficult or slow one after so many uncomplicated ones is usually your body's way of signaling that something is wrong. Have any of her other labors been like this?

Charis was a hard labor, IIRC, she blamed radiation from Japan or something weird for her delivery taking a long time with her. (someone correct me if i have the wrong fundie!)

Charis was a hard labor, IIRC, she blamed radiation from Japan or something weird for her delivery taking a long time with her. (someone correct me if i have the wrong fundie!)

Where did she write the thing about the radiation from Japan?

That was her. She wrote on her then-public FB that the radiation was binding to her electrolytes, which as everyone who attended the SOTDRT knows really complicates labor and delivery.

I'm a 4th year medical student so I have some (albeit limited) knowledge on pregnancy complications and it sounds like based on the limited info that she could possibly have chorioamnionitis (often due to group B strep)...overall could be really dangerous for both her and the baby. Usually the best treatment would be lots of if antibiotics in a hospital and immediate delivery of the baby. Really hope she has something much less serious but she should really be at a hospital just in case.

I'm a 4th year medical student so I have some (albeit limited) knowledge on pregnancy complications and it sounds like based on the limited info that she could possibly have chorioamnionitis (often due to group B strep)...overall could be really dangerous for both her and the baby. Usually the best treatment would be lots of if antibiotics in a hospital and immediate delivery of the baby. Really hope she has something much less serious but she should really be at a hospital just in case.

Its really quite scary that they risk lives to do what they think is best despite the fact that it flies in the face of logic, reason, and basic knowledge to prove whatever faithful ramblings they are selling at the moment. That they see themselves as "worthy" to spread "gods word" is frightening. If anything happens to her or the baby...

Here's their presentation video, that I assume they send out to churches to get them to be sponsors.

43qm8czR3aY

Esther sounds a LOT like Priscilla. It seems Anna won the genetic lottery in the fundie branch of the Keller family.

Archived