IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Am I the only one annoyed that they recieved free care because they are "missionaries." Let me get this straight you can have free medical care if you spread the word of God, but do not do anything substantial to help better the day to day lives of others. Also the limited vocabulary of fundies is irksome to no end. I attribute it to the theory of memetics and words such as bless, blessed, precious, sweet and fellowship are their memetics words. With this in mind aren't they afraid that over use of these words dilutes their power.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one annoyed that they recieved free care because they are "missionaries." Let me get this straight you can have free medical care if you spread the word of God, but do not do anything substantial to help better the day to day lives of others. Also the limited vocabulary of fundies is irksome to no end. I attribute it to the theory of memetics and words such as bless, blessed, precious, sweet and fellowship are their memetics words. With this in mind aren't they afraid that over use of these words dilutes their power.

Somehow I pictures them at some pregnancy crisis clinic or mobile ultrasound something rather than a formal medical setting. I cant see any real doctor or hospital buying into this shit and giving the "free care" simply because they've decided to follow jebus in a sooper speshyl way.

I can see them using a pregnancy crisis center or mobile unit. While thinking about this though aren't some of those places in part funded by govt grants. After all they are in a way getting a govt hand out which they are so opposed to. The whole thing annoys me to no end. They are basically mooching off people calling it "Christian missionary work." Get a damn job and contribute to society. Also I was thinking about how religious people always say they can determine better uses for their money than the govt. If this family was on govt assistance these Christians would call them lazy, but oh if they are missionaries sure let me open up my wallet. The cognitive dissonance makes me want to bang my head against my desk.

They're going to bring 8+ kids to Zambia?!? The fuck are they thinking?!

They're thinking that getting $$$ from churches to go save black heathens is a hell of a lot better than working.

Can someone please fill me in... I know there are seven kids but what are the ages & sexes? I'm just wondering how many she is trying to home school while juggling babies and toddlers.

Can someone please fill me in... I know there are seven kids but what are the ages & sexes? I'm just wondering how many she is trying to home school while juggling babies and toddlers.

Enoch (m)- 2003, Alatheia (f)- 2004, Timothy (m)- 2005, Nehemiah (m)- 2007, Agape (f)- 2008, Elijah (m)- 2010, and Charis (f)- 2011 Sophia (f)- 2013

Enoch (m)- 2003, Alatheia (f)- 2004, Timothy (m)- 2005, Nehemiah (m)- 2007, Agape (f)- 2008, Elijah (m)- 2010, and Charis (f)- 2011 Sophia (f)- 2013

Actually, Sohpia isn't born yet. Esther's still in labor. I still hope for a good outcome for the her and the baby, but at this point, I think the baby will be stillborn.

Here's John's status updates about Esther's progress.

John Shrader

February 21 via mobile

Status update. Labor stalled and so in a holding pattern for now. Guess daddy got excited and jumped the gun! (Esther did think it was real labor too though...oh well). Thanks for all the prayer, please keep it up. Esther is ready for this baby to come!

John Shrader

February 23 via mobile

Ok guys, finally here. Maybe the Lord allowed things to pause because Esther came down with a bad flu. 101.1 fever. She rested all day yesterday while I cared for the kiddos, doing much better today, praise the Lord! She is about a 5 currently, so I'm guessing not too many more hours and I'll get to hold Sophia! Thanks for all the love and care and prayer

John Shrader

February 23 via mobile

God is in control no matter what. Ok, here's where we're at. We came in about six this morning but Esther's labor stalled out again after getting to a 6 at around ten am. Our midwife had one mother of seven dilate to an 8, completely stop labor, then waited two days before delivery. Also complicating things is the flu. Esther also tested positive for beta strep this pregnancy (sometimes she does, most times not). Her blood pressure jumped, temperature spiked to 101, which caused the baby's heart rate to dangerously increase. Esther was also getting dehydrated. Not positive if this is because of the flu or the beta strep They put her on an IV and treated her with antibiotics. Also took a blood sample and hope to get results back tonight to find out if the problem is viral or bacterial. Praise the Lord Esther's temp has dropped and both heartrates are almost back to normal. Blood pressure is better. No further progress on labor at this point. Thanks for your prayers, sure have needed them.

John Shrader

February 23 via mobile

Getting close! Thanks for the prayer. Going very smoothly, especially since she was so sick yesterday

John Shrader

February 23 via mobile

Quick update for those who care (how precious you are to our hearts) The midwife is keeping us at the birthing center overnight to continue Esther on 24 hours total of IV and antibiotics and then oral antibiotics starting in the morning. Please pray the infection is not the strep and Esther gets well and some strength before Sophia finally comes. Also please pray that she does not get a yeast infection as a result of the antibiotics. Love you all. Thank you dear friends.

I think this was his latest post.

Ok guys. Been crazy busy! Praise the Lord, in the midst of all this, looks like we have three more churches taking us on this month. (11 last month!). Even through Esther had to stay and rest, we had a great meeting with a precious church yesterday and they took us on! No further progress on the labor. Our midwife shared some crazy stories with us about similar situations. Esther is continuing antibiotics for the infection. Second blood test showed reduction of the infection, God is good! They were concerned about Sophia, so we had a non stress test today. Basically 45 min of monitoring the baby's heart rate and graphing it, also testing response to stimulation. Sophia did great and all is well there. Praise the Lord that the place that gave the test decided not to charge us since we are missionaries! Esther is getting good rest as I am caring for the children and letting her get better and rest. Thanks for continued prayer. Should be getting a baby soon! Love y'all.

Well at least their midwife had the good sense to start antibiotics and to monitor the baby, of course if it were me I would have asked for a c-section if my labor kept stalling and I had an infection. I just hope they listen to sound medical advice if the midwife becomes concerned and wants to send them on to the hospital, because Esther needs a c-section or the baby is in distress.

Clearly he cares more about getting money for his manly romp in Africa than the life of his wife and future blessing. Funny how he had the time to just abandon her and go to beg money out of these churches while she's in distress. And he's more concerned with getting free care rather than great care for his wife. THey won't go to a hospital because of the cost and John's vanity. He's too vain about his godly adherence to allow his wife to be treated in a hospital. He'll sacrifice his wife but not his godly standards.

Clearly he cares more about getting money for his manly romp in Africa than the life of his wife and future blessing. Funny how he had the time to just abandon her and go to beg money out of these churches while she's in distress. And he's more concerned with getting free care rather than great care for his wife. THey won't go to a hospital because of the cost and John's vanity. He's too vain about his godly adherence to allow his wife to be treated in a hospital. He'll sacrifice his wife but not his godly standards.

I also think they won't go to a hospital because people will be alerted to their living situation and who knows what else that goes on. Can't have anyone asking too many questions, they might find out about the blatant neglect of the children. They're destitute and likely qualify for all sorts of assistance but won't take it because Jesus.

Quick update for those who care (how precious you are to our hearts) The midwife is keeping us at the birthing center overnight to continue Esther on 24 hours total of IV and antibiotics and then oral antibiotics starting in the morning. Please pray the infection is not the strep and Esther gets well and some strength before Sophia finally comes. Also please pray that she does not get a yeast infection as a result of the antibiotics. Love you all. Thank you dear friends.

If this is a real birthing center, does that mean she has a real midwife and some actual medical care? Most states won't allow non licensed medical professionals to give IVs, do they? Not sure.

Well at least their midwife had the good sense to start antibiotics and to monitor the baby, of course if it were me I would have asked for a c-section if my labor kept stalling and I had an infection. I just hope they listen to sound medical advice if the midwife becomes concerned and wants to send them on to the hospital, because Esther needs a c-section or the baby is in distress.

So let me get this straight, she's been in labor for nearly 48 hours and has high BP, a fever, is dehydrated, has the flu, and beta strep. Its time for a c section or this is going to have a horrible ending (per my completely inadequate medical training and no experience with pregnancy or birth). Im actually surprised the "birthing center" will allow her to stay there if all these factors are in play just for liability.

So let me get this straight, she's been in labor for nearly 48 hours and has high BP, a fever, is dehydrated, has the flu, and beta strep. Its time for a c section or this is going to have a horrible ending (per my completely inadequate medical training and no experience with pregnancy or birth). Im actually surprised the "birthing center" will allow her to stay there if all these factors are in play just for liability.

No, not 48 hours. That's from a few days ago. SHe's been in labor of one sort or another for nearly 6 days. These people are sick and twisted jerks who want to see their loved ones in pain.

8 children under 10? Damn... :shock:

She's much more fertile than Anna is.

No, not 48 hours. That's from a few days ago. SHe's been in labor of one sort or another for nearly 6 days. These people are sick and twisted jerks who want to see their loved ones in pain.

Holy shit! They need to get that baby out of her before they both die.

If this is a real birthing center, does that mean she has a real midwife and some actual medical care? Most states won't allow non licensed medical professionals to give IVs, do they? Not sure.

I think it's BS about the IV, the birthing center has an IV, but doesn't have the monitoring equipment to do a non stress test? Bull shit, the stuff for a NST are two bands that goes around the belly, one to monitor the heart beat and one to monitor the contractions. I've had it with 2 pregnancies, one was done at the hospital and one was done in my Drs office (yup, my 2nd OB had the stuff on hand). If my Dr could have it, a birthing center should have it. I think that she is having the baby at the midwifes house.

I think it's BS about the IV, the birthing center has an IV, but doesn't have the monitoring equipment to do a non stress test? Bull shit, the stuff for a NST are two bands that goes around the belly, one to monitor the heart beat and one to monitor the contractions. I've had it with 2 pregnancies, one was done at the hospital and one was done in my Drs office (yup, my 2nd OB had the stuff on hand). If my Dr could have it, a birthing center should have it. I think that she is having the baby at the midwifes house.

Is it possible she's not really getting antibiotics at all? Can the Midwife prescribe them? Are they calling something like colloidial silver and calling it antibiotics? Because again, if this midwife is not able to prescribe meds, could she be getting real antibiotics?

Read the updates and I am just so wtf. I am no medical expert and no experience with pregnancy / birth either, but with this combination of issues, I am horrified that she's not in the hospital at this point. I have serious questions about the birthing center / midwife allowing this to go for so long and not transporting her to a medical facility.

ETA: a rant: what kind of husband posts this stuff in a seeming nonchalant, God is good way? He should be freaking out by now. And for grammatical errors because I am not a product of the SOTDRT

Archived