IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, we've been on the road full time for over two months now. Have lived in the pop-up camper since May...hard to believe! God had been so good to us, providing safety and dear friends along the way. Thank you to all who truly pray for us, we are humbled. I'll post a picture of what could have ended very badly. We have heard of several missionaries that have been killed lately, right here in the U.S.

Are you in Nebraska now? Praying nonetheless.

John Shrader No, that was several weeks ago. In Utah, then Arizona, then Texas for a while

So what, are they just travelling around from relative and friends houses getting charity everywhere? Like cousin Eddie on Christmas Vacation type thing, imposing on every well meaning person who ever said anything nice to them??? :shock:

I get livid reading about these types of people. More kids than they can care for but they keep having more kids and expecting people to help them out. If every life is sacred and life begins at conception, then live like you believe that and start treating your own kids that way.

I have family of this type on "the mission field". Children with major medical needs and guess what? No medical care for the child because 1) they can't afford it, 2) they talked to lots of people (not doctors though) and decided it wasn't serious, 3) if they thought it was serious, they would seek medical help. If random fevers and a toddler who keeps having seizures isn't considered "serious" then what is?

I feel for the Shrader kids. I know the hell hole their life is because my nieces and nephews live it everyday. :twisted:

It never ceases to amaze me that people like the Shraders live in a sub culture where men are not ostracized for being lazy as fuck. :shock:

Not only that, other men in the sub culture will spend money to listen to how Godly they are or support their "ministry".

It never ceases to amaze me that people like the Shraders live in a sub culture where men are not ostracized for being lazy as fuck. :shock:

Not only that, other men in the sub culture will spend money to listen to how Godly they are or support their "ministry".

And, don't forget, they have the nerve to tell the rest of the world at how lazy and slovenly we are. We could be going to schoola nd working and raising children and supporting those children. But, in their churches and on their blogs, accuse of the same sins they are so guilty of like gluttony, sloth, and pride.

Hahahahahah.

I was searching FB for his page, and I was about to ask which one was him, but then he stuck out like a sore thumb. Home Educated? Yep. Fifty billion kids in a quaint pose for his avatar? Yep. No, not hard to find.

I might not be following correctly, but are they not going to Africa now? They're state hopping instead?

I might not be following correctly, but are they not going to Africa now? They're state hopping instead?

My guess is that they don't have the money right now to go to Zambia right now. I seriously wonder how much money it's costing them to constantly fuel up their gas tank or is God providing them some free fuel from some good Christian folks along the way.

If they visited me, I'd be filling up their gas tank within hours. I expect just a few days of them has people willing to do a lot to "help" them on their way.

My guess is that they don't have the money right now to go to Zambia right now. I seriously wonder how much money it's costing them to constantly fuel up their gas tank or is God providing them some free fuel from some good Christian folks along the way.

They sold the house in Texas. I wonder why it's taking so long to get this show on the road.

Why did they decide to do the camper thing? That house looked nice on the outside. Forgive me if someone knows and has said it in this thread. It seems like it would be hellish to live in a camper and van with that many kids.

That looks like north central oregon to me, or just over the Columbia to the Washington side. I live in Central WA and it looks a lot like that.

That looks like north central oregon to me, or just over the Columbia to the Washington side. I live in Central WA and it looks a lot like that.

I think the picture was taken when they were living in/around Auburn, Washington. You know, living in someone else's yard in the popup trailer.

Poor kids.

They sold the house in Texas. I wonder why it's taking so long to get this show on the road.

Speaking from experience as a child of missionaries, many missions agencies make you raise your own funds to finance your trip. Because this is an expensive venture when you are looking at relocating to a different country for a period of years, often years are spent "itinerating" or fundraising, travelling around to different churches begging for support. I wonder which denomination or missions agency they are going with. Most missions give you an expected monthly budget as well as one-time expenses that you have to raise, and it needs to be over 80% committed or in the bank before you can go. It is in part a way for the missions agency not to have to do the fundraising themselves, and it is a way to prove that god want you to be a missionary if god provides the donors. Then you have to come home every 4-8 years to do the same thing all over again.

Of course what kind of skills this band of uneducated nuisances has to contribute to Zambia is beyond me.

Years ago friends of mine lost their house & stayed in our camper for a few months, but that was a 30' hard shell with a kitchen, bathroom & shower, double bed & bunks for the kids. With only 2 kids they had enough after 3 months & moved in with her parents.

I love camping, & I love the pop-up camper I have now, but no way could I live long-term in it even by myself. Add 2 kids & one week of camping is enough. Where do they put everybody, & how in hell did she get pregnant? (If I read correctly!)

Speaking from experience as a child of missionaries, many missions agencies make you raise your own funds to finance your trip. Because this is an expensive venture when you are looking at relocating to a different country for a period of years, often years are spent "itinerating" or fundraising, travelling around to different churches begging for support. I wonder which denomination or missions agency they are going with. Most missions give you an expected monthly budget as well as one-time expenses that you have to raise, and it needs to be over 80% committed or in the bank before you can go. It is in part a way for the missions agency not to have to do the fundraising themselves, and it is a way to prove that god want you to be a missionary if god provides the donors. Then you have to come home every 4-8 years to do the same thing all over again.

Of course what kind of skills this band of uneducated nuisances has to contribute to Zambia is beyond me.

When my old church was still affiliated with FWB, we used to get a half dozen or so missionary couples a year who were on "itinerant", trying to raise the funds they needed. They usually had to raise a certain amount in cash, & a certain amount in pledges each month. It took years for some of them.

ETA: I can't imagine how hard it's been to raise funds since the economy went downhill.

That camper doesn't look big enough to have a toilet...

Archived