IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

#4 shares my birthday. whoopie!

It's hard for me to fathom that in almost 5 years they haven't been able to save up and better their income for at least an apartment. Unless they are channeling the traveler/gypsies and actually enjoy it, who knows.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a quick note John has made his FB page private.

I guess he found out that the ebil jingerites were commenting negatively on his godly quest to live in poverty and drag his family down into godly poverty too. The fundies in general are awfully thin skinned for people who spend their lives begging for money in order to go and tell other people how to live whilst dragging their children into poverty and ignorance. You'd think that if you chose to spend your life judging you'd have a thicker skin in regards to being judged yourself!

He reminds me of a relative of mine who is thankfully for the moment not speaking to me. The reason? He wanted a gift of $5,000 to fund his "mission trip" to Thailand "for the church." My response was if the church wanted him to go, then let the church finance the mission. He was not pleased with that. My view is what right does he have to try to demand my money? It isn't that I'm opposed to helping out family or donating to the poor, etc, but a demand because he thought I happened to have some money in the bank seemed rather outrageous.

I wonder how much financial help John and Esther get from family or if the families are burned out by their inability to support themselves.

My view is that John should first fully support his wife and children before he worries about people on another continent who may or may not want his interference in their lives.

I'm kind of in shock with the possibility that they could have been living in a pop-up camping trailer for five years and keep popping out more children. That seems quite careless and mindless to me.

As far as living in a camping vehicle or a campground being equated to being homeless, it really isn't considered that by many people in many states. It's quite common here for people to live permanently in a campground or RV type park that was originally built decades ago for vacationers. They have most amenities (cable, cell phone, internet, gas, electricity, sewage, etc) and a mailing address. It works for many people and of itself isn't a reason for CPS to take the kids. Although I'd say most people would stop at one or two children if that was all the housing that they could afford.

They may have lived in a camper before, but they've been living in a house for the past few years.

155666_1529478487119_3711246_n.jpg

"Our amazing miracle home that God provided!" <

God also miraculously provided a Christmas turkey and a bunch of canned goods, a 15 passenger van, clothing for the kids, etc. Apparently John hasn't EVER been much of a provider for his family.

They may have lived in a camper before, but they've been living in a house for the past few years.

"Our amazing miracle home that God provided!" <

God also miraculously provided a Christmas turkey and a bunch of canned goods, a 15 passenger van, clothing for the kids, etc. Apparently John hasn't EVER been much of a provider for his family.

Is this stuff cached somewhere? Now I'm getting not found for his FB page.

He reminds me of a relative of mine who is thankfully for the moment not speaking to me. The reason? He wanted a gift of $5,000 to fund his "mission trip" to Thailand "for the church." My response was if the church wanted him to go, then let the church finance the mission. He was not pleased with that. My view is what right does he have to try to demand my money? It isn't that I'm opposed to helping out family or donating to the poor, etc, but a demand because he thought I happened to have some money in the bank seemed rather outrageous.

I wonder how much financial help John and Esther get from family or if the families are burned out by their inability to support themselves.

My view is that John should first fully support his wife and children before he worries about people on another continent who may or may not want his interference in their lives.

I'm kind of in shock with the possibility that they could have been living in a pop-up camping trailer for five years and keep popping out more children. That seems quite careless and mindless to me.

As far as living in a camping vehicle or a campground being equated to being homeless, it really isn't considered that by many people in many states. It's quite common here for people to live permanently in a campground or RV type park that was originally built decades ago for vacationers. They have most amenities (cable, cell phone, internet, gas, electricity, sewage, etc) and a mailing address. It works for many people and of itself isn't a reason for CPS to take the kids. Although I'd say most people would stop at one or two children if that was all the housing that they could afford.

I agree with you on that. John and Esther's first worries should be for their own children. I'm also not against people traveling overseas to help the poor, but they should put their own families first. My parents are friends with a Catholic couple in their late 50's who have been taking mission trips to Mexico for the past three years. This couple has 5 kids and all of their kids are already grown and supporting themselves. They didn't take take mission trips when their kids were younger because they couldn't afford some of the related expenses. They waited until they were able to afford the trips. One of my friends from high school turned fundie lite and did a missionary trip to India last year and she saved up for two years to finance most of her trip. She did get donations from her church and some of her relatives pooled money together to help her out. She has said that if she goes on another mission trip, she will try to save up for most of it. John and Esther to get on my nerves because it does it seem they have taken advantage of others too much in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if John and Eshter's families are burned out by helping them. Stuff like that happens in families and I wouldn't blame any of the Shraders or Kellers for being fed up with them.

It still comes up on my facebook. (No, I'm not friends.)

Lord willing we will be expanding our website to a full website in the near future so we can keep you updated on how the Lord is showing Himself strong in our lives

The family is bigger now and they live in a camper. Does this mean they have failed as Christians? Is the Lord playing hide and seek? How long does one rely on The Lord to provide before one gets tired of grueling poverty and takes matters into their own hands?

It still comes up on my facebook. (No, I'm not friends.)

Gah, I must be totally banned from facebook. Friggin' aria. :evil:

Gah, I must be totally banned from facebook. Friggin' aria. :evil:

I don't think you can be totally banned from FB. Weird, given all the really inappropriate things other people post.

Ya, I can still see it too actually :-)

Their van is bigger than their "home" aka camper. I wonder if they sleep in the van and not in the camper.... must be less scary at night when its windy. Still, I remember how scared I would get as a kid when I knew my mom was having money problems. I can still remember the one time my mom sent us to our grandparent's house b/ our power got cut off. Or the way she'd get stressed out when she couldn't provide us with basics.

John and Esther are fooling themselves if they think that their kids don't have a sense of the poverty they are being subjected to. No matter how sweet they act their kids must recall the short time they lived in a house and must realize that their parents were happier and more content. I can't imagine that they aren't stressed out at the sight of their parents going deeper and deeper into poverty. To think that these people are going to flush money down the toilet going to Africa to "save" people who don't need their saving. These are people running away from their real problems by creating some sort of ridiculous mission. I truly hope they go to Africa and that in the meantime their kids are taken in by a more stable family member. Chances are though that the kids will get split up and end up as the unwanted extra children in already over-large and over-poor families. I hope that these kids at least get a chance to get something resembling a real education so that they have a way to escape the cycle of poverty and ignorance that their parents and grandparents have started. The one advantage these kids have is that they do seem to have some family members who have become non-fundy or at least fundy-lite and who have reasonable sized families. Perhaps these will be the folks who will take them in when Mom and Dad are playing at missionary in Africa and perhaps they will give them stability and education. We can only hope.

• 3 months later...

From John's FB: Well, we've been on the road full time for over two months now. Have lived in the pop-up camper since May...hard to believe! God had been so good to us, providing safety and dear friends along the way. Thank you to all who truly pray for us, we are humbled. I'll post a picture of what could have ended very badly. We have heard of several missionaries that have been killed lately, right here in the U.S.

So not only do they have 9 people crammed into a popup for 5+ months now, but they managed to conceive the next blessing in such tight quarters, too.

From John's FB: Well, we've been on the road full time for over two months now. Have lived in the pop-up camper since May...hard to believe I'm so godly I can be a lazy SOB and still find suckers willing to give us free stuff ! God had been so good to us, providing safety and dear friends along the way which is GREAT!!!111!!! because we were incredibly stupid about that one thing. Pix to follow!. Thank you to all who truly pray for us, we are humbled. I'll post a picture of what could have ended very badly but because of our faith it didn't. Praise jebus!. We have heard of several missionaries that have been killed lately, right here in the U.S. but they were on welfare so we're good - not using welfare here! And mooching off friends and family ain't considered mooching!

So not only do they have 9 people crammed into a popup for 5+ months now, but they managed to conceive the next blessing in such tight quarters, too.

Yes, I'm bored.

:shock: ..... :shock: ................................ :shock: yep that's all I've got. The thought of sex with 7 children (the oldest is what, 9 or 10 now?) RIGHT NEXT TO YOU... Bleh. Yep, back to the googley eyes. :shock:

It appears his sister is married to a Waller as well? Same Waller family? Her profile picture has lots of sin showing for fundies.

WTF kind of name is Agape? How do you even pronounce that? What the fucking fuck.

“We have heard of several missionaries that have been killed lately, right here in the U.S.â€

Anyone want to substantiate that?

Agape is a common Greek Catholic name, at least around here... Not sure what the proper origins are, but I believe all their kids are named some form of Greek name aren't they?

Agape is the Greek word for platonic love, and is considered the most spiritual form of love. The word itself is feminine and used as is for a girl's name. There is a masculine version of the name for boys, "Agapios".

For the love of everything holy. His facebook page is nothing but thinly veiled pleas for money. Send us money to convert the heathens in Zambia; look at our blown tire that we drove on for 50k miles; money money money. Meanwhile the dude's listed occupation is "window washer" (I think this is a new thing). Now, I see the need for professional window washers. Commercial buildings employ companies that regularly wash the windows and its an honest living. But, he's traveling to and fro so there's no chance for regular clients. Also, where is he keeping the scaffolding and equipment (like pressure washers) when traveling in a camper van with 7 children. I don't care if its bigger than average, its still too small to carry them and their possessions (meager as they may be) and the equipment for a real window washing business.

Is John Shrader one of those guys who forces window washing on people's cars and then stands in front of the car until someone pays? Or does he force his services on his friends/family and churches who can't say no and just let him rinse off their windows with their hose and a dirty towel? I can see him doing the latter. I've known people like him. They have a sob story, its always the fault of the world that they can't survive but they will do XYZ for you for $$$. And you try to say no but they keep talking and talking until you just acquiesce to shut them up.

And a new blessing? And still going to Africa? WTF? How are they going to manage and support those children in a foreign country? Are people pathetic enough to send them that kind of money?

Also, and what missionaries have been killed here in the US? Really? I think it would have been big news. Does he mean murdered? Or killed in terms of driving like maniacs on bald tires on the interstate and getting killed in a car accident that they caused by not maintaining their car? I bet he means the latter. Who cares? I only care if they took innocent people along with them. He drove on the tires for 50k miles (and they were second hand tires!). Plus those tires probably got extra abuse from carrying around the van and 9 people and a lot of stuff. I bet they have also gone offroading when they parked the van in campsites or tried to find free (illegal) parking space on someone else's property. No friggin' way that those tires passed inspection. So I'm sure he doesn't bother to have the car carrying his precious blessings inspected or make sure the tires are okay. John and Esther are the kind of people who make me sick and angry above all else. Despite being total a-holes at least Smuggar and Anna are living in a house and giving their kids stability. At least Zsu Zsu doesn't use her blog to mooch money off of people and as isolated as her kids are at least they have beds to sleep in. Esther and John make the costco shelf beds at inashoe look wonderful.

I would have hoped that they would at least stop procreating if they plan a huge overseas move, but I suspect they are just trying to get loads of cash. I'm sure something will happen to prevent their going. Or they'll just claim that they didn't raise enough or that the money was somehow stolen or something (I'm opting for stolen as that will mean more suckers will chip in even more dough).

This guy is a LOSER. I'm sure their families are sick to death of their pleas for handouts. Has he no shame? Even candice must rue the day she married him. A dud. A dead loss 'provider'.

This guy is a LOSER. I'm sure their families are sick to death of their pleas for handouts. Has he no shame? Even candice Esther must rue the day she married him. A dud. A dead loss 'provider'.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Archived