IGNORED

Maxwell Guessing Game

Eclipse

I hope against hope that Nathan and Melanie will allow their kids a little more freedom than Steve has. Even if it's just an actually fun outing now and then.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the wrong Nathan Maxwell, then Teri's sister knows two of them. That's how I found him.

If that is Nathan, do you think he knew what a "hidden cam girlfriend swap" would mean?

I got caught up in looking at the inexpensive real estate listings last night, just for fun (if you're reading, Maxwells, I'm not stalking -- I don't care where the house is).

I learned some Leavenworth street names that seem appropriate -- I wonder if Joseph's new house is on one of them:

Limit Street

Coffin Street

I'm sure he didn't buy on Kickapoo, Tonganoxie, Montezuma or Pottawotamie -- no fun names allowed!

I rather hope it's on Amelia Earhart Drive -- maybe Steve won't be able to find him.

I have some predictions:

Joseph is going to marry John-Marie's sister. They posted a number of meetings between John-Marie's family and the Maxwells a couple of years ago and John-Marie has a sister pretty close in age, and honestly, when has he had opportunity to meet other girls? Even if she is not the girl, I'm pretty sure that Joe has someone in mind. He is a lot younger than Christopher was when he bought his house and I think preparing for marriage is pretty much the only acceptable reason to purchase a house. Also, he started remodeling it the day he got it. He is in a BIG hurry. I don't think he'd be nearly so motivated if he was only buying the house to sell or rent.

I predict that Anna is going to be courting John-Marie in the next year or two as well. To me, Anna seems happy and confident in recent pictures. What could make her more happy than knowing that someone is coming to take her away? She started posting for Sarah a year ago and the Maxwells seemed to be anticipating that she would take over more duties from Sarah. Since that time, though, all we see her doing is "Cooking with Anna." Maybe the family thinks that cooking is more suited to the role she will fill in the near future as a wife. I think they are pushing Mary through high school so that she can take over the place that Anna was intended to fill, as Sarah's assistant.

I think that Joe and Anna's courting plans have been in the works for a couple of months. Sarah seemed depressed a couple of months ago and what could be more depressing than 2 much younger siblings planning courtships? I think Steve wants Mary to take Anna's soon-to-be vacated spot so that:

1. He can reassure Sarah that they are still looking for a husband for her and haven't consigned her to the spinster role.

2. She can keep writing her Moody books, the only endeavor in her life that seems to give her any sense of purpose.

Last piece of evidence: Steve wrote after their last trip that he wasn't sure how much longer they'd be traveling as a family. He seemed to be implying that some of the kids would be getting married and they didn't think they'd be able to manage the conferences with fewer family members to fill out their "team".

So... is he buying it just to fix up and sell or are we banking on him getting a bride?

Bankin' on the bride theory.

Bankin' on the bride theory.

I'm still hoping he'll move in, tell his parents to fuck off, and bring the other adult siblings with him. Sigh. But then I also wish Sara would find some relative to take her in and fly the coop-not happening.

I'm still hoping he'll move in, tell his parents to fuck off, and bring the other adult siblings with him. Sigh. But then I also wish Sara would find some relative to take her in and fly the coop-not happening.

Yes, this is by far better then him buying a bride. I figured I'd go for something realistic (not trying to sound like a bitch - I think your idea's awesome and if it happens I'd feel elated).

Yes, this is by far better then him buying a bride. I figured I'd go for something realistic (not trying to sound like a bitch - I think your idea's awesome and if it happens I'd feel elated).

It is far more likely he'll drag some poor fundy girl into his house with a burlap bag over her head.

snip I rather hope it's on Amelia Earhart Drive -- maybe Steve won't be able to find him.

Oh, how Iaughed. Brilliant! :clap:

Guest Anonymous
I have some predictions:

Joseph is going to marry John-Marie's sister. They posted a number of meetings between John-Marie's family and the Maxwells a couple of years ago and John-Marie has a sister pretty close in age, and honestly, when has he had opportunity to meet other girls? Even if she is not the girl, I'm pretty sure that Joe has someone in mind. He is a lot younger than Christopher was when he bought his house and I think preparing for marriage is pretty much the only acceptable reason to purchase a house. Also, he started remodeling it the day he got it. He is in a BIG hurry. I don't think he'd be nearly so motivated if he was only buying the house to sell or rent.

I predict that Anna is going to be courting John-Marie in the next year or two as well. To me, Anna seems happy and confident in recent pictures. What could make her more happy than knowing that someone is coming to take her away? She started posting for Sarah a year ago and the Maxwells seemed to be anticipating that she would take over more duties from Sarah. Since that time, though, all we see her doing is "Cooking with Anna." Maybe the family thinks that cooking is more suited to the role she will fill in the near future as a wife. I think they are pushing Mary through high school so that she can take over the place that Anna was intended to fill, as Sarah's assistant.

I think that Joe and Anna's courting plans have been in the works for a couple of months. Sarah seemed depressed a couple of months ago and what could be more depressing than 2 much younger siblings planning courtships? I think Steve wants Mary to take Anna's soon-to-be vacated spot so that:

1. He can reassure Sarah that they are still looking for a husband for her and haven't consigned her to the spinster role.

2. She can keep writing her Moody books, the only endeavor in her life that seems to give her any sense of purpose.

Last piece of evidence: Steve wrote after their last trip that he wasn't sure how much longer they'd be traveling as a family. He seemed to be implying that some of the kids would be getting married and they didn't think they'd be able to manage the conferences with fewer family members to fill out their "team".

Welcome to FJ! Your predictions are pretty much in line with what has been discussed here before.

My surprise is more that Joseph has been allowed to buy a house a whole mile away from the compound.... :mrgreen:

Welcome to FJ! Your predictions are pretty much in line with what has been discussed here before.

My surprise is more that Joseph has been allowed to buy a house a whole mile away from the compound.... :mrgreen:

If there are any boys left, Steve won't repeat the mistake. He'll have the men of the family band together to build a large treehouse in the backyard and brag that it is handmade, debt-free, and close to God's gift of nature.

Steve will have him microchipped (if he hasn't already) to be sure he knows where he is at all times when not at the compound.

Guest Anonymous

Steve will have him microchipped (if he hasn't already) to be sure he knows where he is at all times when not at the compound.

Didn't someone invent a tracking programme that parents can use to keep tabs on their children's whereabouts, via their mobile phones....

Didn't someone invent a tracking programme that parents can use to keep tabs on their children's whereabouts, via their mobile phones....

Don't know about the mobile phone, but my husband (who is now my ex-husband) tracked me using a device called a Zoombak. I wish I were kidding.

http://www.zoombak.com/

Don't know about the mobile phone, but my husband (who is now my ex-husband) tracked me using a device called a Zoombak. I wish I were kidding.

http://www.zoombak.com/

I'm glad to hear he's your ex-husband. What a control freak!

Guest Anonymous

If that is Nathan, do you think he knew what a "hidden cam girlfriend swap" would mean?

Haha, just caught up with this!

So now Steve will have read on here that Nathan is watching "Girlfriend Swap" videos on Facebook and he can do nothing at all about it but pray..... oh Steve, how we laugh at you. :D

Sigh. I've been following the Maxwell's on and off for about ten years now. Waiting and waiting for Sarah to get married and for someone to escape. I wish they would hurry up because one of these day I'm afraid I might really die of boredom while reading their blog.

Seriously I don't think Sarah will ever get married. For some reason my money is on John to escape. Even Anna. I don't know why but she just looks as if she might have a back bone. Though really I can't say why. Mary with her slightly more fashionable look and the cute clothes she makes for the little girls seems a more likely candidate due to her age and being the youngest when Steve kicks the bucket.

Sigh. I've been following the Maxwell's on and off for about ten years now. Waiting and waiting for Sarah to get married and for someone to escape. I wish they would hurry up because one of these day I'm afraid I might really die of boredom while reading their blog.

Seriously I don't think Sarah will ever get married. For some reason my money is on John to escape. Even Anna. I don't know why but she just looks as if she might have a back bone. Though really I can't say why. Mary with her slightly more fashionable look and the cute clothes she makes for the little girls seems a more likely candidate due to her age and being the youngest when Steve kicks the bucket.

I also think John might escape. I can maybe see Jesse escaping too. Sometimes it seems John and Jesse aren't happy in a lot of the pictures.

Every time someone mentions the possibility of another Maxwell mate coming into the picture, this is what goes through my head:

331hfm1.png

I wonder how Sarah's going to react to Joseph marrying... that's really going to be the final nail in the coffin for her life of single hood.

The FB link posted doesn't work for me....anybody else have any luck?

I also wonder if any of the money Sarah made from her Moody books went to fund this new house purchase. I can't imagine Steve lets her keep any of it (and if she did, what could she possibly be allowed to buy? Another Bible or Bible bookmark?)

For some reason, I'm also wondering what happens if someone in the family needs new underwear. Does Sarah have to go to Steve to get the purchase approved? Or do they all buy new underwear in bulk, once a year? The mind reels with the possibilities.

For some reason, I'm also wondering what happens if someone in the family needs new underwear. Does Sarah have to go to Steve to get the purchase approved? Or do they all buy new underwear in bulk, once a year? The mind reels with the possibilities.

Teri bought 30 pairs back in 1980 and all the girls share.

Teri bought 30 pairs back in 1980 and all the girls share.

:lol:

And they were purchased through a catalog sale. Item #1TonRamp "Full Coverage Granny Panties", 100% cotton, white (only), one size fits all.

ETA: "Perfect for everyday use or something special for the wedding night!"

Every time someone mentions the possibility of another Maxwell mate coming into the picture, this is what goes through my head:

331hfm1.png

huh?

:lol:

And they were purchased through a catalog sale. Item #1TonRamp "Full Coverage Granny Panties", 100% cotton, white (only), one size fits all.

ETA: "Perfect for everyday use or something special for the wedding night!"

Something like this http://www.vintageslips.com/4231%20vs%20Panties.html

Archived