IGNORED

Maxwell Guessing Game

Eclipse

I remember some FJers did some public records search several months back and Mary was still listed as the owner of the house. I do wonder if she allows Josh to live there rent free.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. There is something to be said for a stable headship who owns a home before you even marry him. I'm sure some fundie wives get to make the house theirs. I just don't see that being much of an option for a Maxwell wife. The pictures shown of Christopher & Anna's house still have the wallpaper up from when it was Steve & Teri's house. That is even creepier. I guess it's just when it comes to the Maxwells I can't see anything good about marrying one of them and a family 'done' home is just another nail in the poor future wife's coffin.

Christopher and Anna live in a house that belonged to Steve-o and Teri?? Did I miss something? I'm usually late to the party....

Christopher and Anna live in a house that belonged to Steve-o and Teri?? Did I miss something? I'm usually late to the party....

Yep. Stevie and Teri owned a split-level that they "sold" to Nathan which is where he and Melanie live now. And they bought a house after that one that Christopher "bought" from them a few years ago where he and NR-Anna live now. Stevie and Teri and the family built the house the rest of the family lives in now.

Count me as one whose husband purchased a home a couple of years before we met and where I moved when I got married. It made sense- he is 10 years older than me and had been transferred all around the country by a big corporation. The house buying benefits included in the relo packages back then were incredible. Of course he didn't wait until he found "the one". All my friends who were paying off student loans and starting their marriages in rentals thought I was SO lucky, and I was.

But that house was always "his" house- never my house. Not that he made it feel that way, but because it was just such a bachelors' house. We moved across the country again after 5 years of marriage (this time with MY company) and had the house that we're still living in built. It was EXACTLY what we both wanted, and is truly the only home I think of when I think of our marriage (almost 30 years). If I was advising others, I would suggest, if market conditions allow, any previously owned home(s) be sold and a home be bought together.

Yep. Stevie and Teri owned a split-level that they "sold" to Nathan which is where he and Melanie live now. And they bought a house after that one that Christopher "bought" from them a few years ago where he and NR-Anna live now. Stevie and Teri and the family built the house the rest of the family lives in now.

I'm pretty sure Stevie didn't own Nathan's house. I remember him buying it from a neighbor.

I just bought my first home, and in doing so I found out that in my state, if you are buying from family/a personal friend, the agreed purchase price must still be a certain percentage of the house's appraised value. It's pretty generous how low you can go, but you'd never be able to pull fundie stunts of "buying" a house debt free from a family member for a negligible amount. I wonder if Arkansas has similar laws and that is why Smuggar hasn't truly bought the house from Mary yet: because he couldn't do it debt-free.

I wonder if Arkansas has similar laws and that is why Smuggar hasn't truly bought the house from Mary yet: because he couldn't do it debt-free.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? (Or why buy the house when you can live there rent free?)

So the males of the family now have something to distract them from their mind-numbingly boring existence, at least for a while. Mary and mum have school and the sisters-in-law have their families. Sarah and Anna have exactly what? Maybe when the house is finished they can cook dinner in a different kitchen. Be still my grouchy old heart!

Steve didn't own Nathan's house.

Speaking of Nathan. His FB page is leaving me wondering what he does when no one is looking. On that socialcam thing, where it shows videos you've watched, says he watched girlfriend swap funny photos, Sumo wrestlers, funny car accidents.

I think Nathan has completely gotten over the family Internet rules in his own home. He actually watched things online that could be labeled as funny. Entertainment! Steve would spend hours with his god if he knew trying to save Nathan's soul from fun.

Wait wait wait wait wait.... a Maxwell.... on... FACEBOOK?! Link?

I know! Link, please! I'll bet once Stevie finds out, Nathan will be written out of the will.

Steve didn't own Nathan's house.

Speaking of Nathan. His FB page is leaving me wondering what he does when no one is looking. On that socialcam thing, where it shows videos you've watched, says he watched girlfriend swap funny photos, Sumo wrestlers, funny car accidents.

I think Nathan has completely gotten over the family Internet rules in his own home. He actually watched things online that could be labeled as funny. Entertainment! Steve would spend hours with his god if he knew trying to save Nathan's soul from fun.

I don't think those socialcam posts are very acurate.

Poor Nathan, when facebook is the most exciting thing you've ever done.

Heck I might need to make a FB account for this! :D

Don't get excited -- I already tried to find him by doing a FB search and I couldn't.

We need a link because searching didn't work for me!

So... is he buying it just to fix up and sell or are we banking on him getting a bride?

That cannot possibly be Stevie's Nathan Maxwell. But it's sort of fun to think it could be. LOL!

If it's the wrong Nathan Maxwell, then Teri's sister knows two of them. That's how I found him.

He is pretty in to fitness, they had that fitness thing last year where Melanie wore pants.

He is pretty in to fitness, they had that fitness thing last year where Melanie wore pants.

Melanie wore pants? Seriously? Although of all of them, she is certainly the most stylish.

If his new baby is a boy, I wonder if that will push him even further back into the wonderful world of sports? He did buy Abby a bicycle...

If his new baby is a boy, I wonder if that will push him even further back into the wonderful world of sports? He did buy Abby a bicycle...

Without pedals...Don't want to make the bike too easy to use!

Melanie wore pants? Seriously? Although of all of them, she is certainly the most stylish.

They were those black work out pants with the white stripes down the side. Adidas maybe?

They were those black work out pants with the white stripes down the side. Adidas maybe?

Ohhhh, right! I thought they might have been a really long skort. Seems like Sarah might have been wearing them, too. Which is probably one reason she's not married. She's already deflowered by wearing pants.

Archived