IGNORED

Maxwell Guessing Game

Eclipse

Living at home until he feels called to get married? Even after the his new house is habitable? Congratulations Maxwell parents! You've managed to completely stunt your children's intellectual and emotional growth and potential. Bravo!

Christopher slept and worked out of his home, but took all his meals with the family in the family home. His doing it this way had something to do with the city.

I do think Joseph will turn this house into a beautiful home. I am concerned about how much time Teri and Steve will allot him on the schedule to work on it. Joseph is an adult and owns his own home, but he has no rights as far as when he can work on remodeling his home--his parents get to decide.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone determined where he got the funds to purchase a home free and clear? Or the money to buy those double pane windows?

Refresh my memory...which one is Rebecca?

There is no Rebecca Maxwell. Rebecca !!eleventy is the girl that comments all the time on the Maxwell posts because she is hoping to bag John(she would settle for Joe). This won't happen, they both feel they can do better.(John certainly can, I don't know Joe, he seems like the quiet type.)

Wow...just...wow. The kid gets to buy a house a mile away. But isn't ALLOWED to live there until he's married?? Just.Wow.

ETA: Steve has the whole family brainwashed. Terri and the kids believe that going against Steve's "wise" counsel is tantamount to committing the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit. They don't seem to realize that they have enough votes to cast Steve off the island... sad :(

Again, Sarah's writing skillz make me want to stab my eyes out... she thinks everyone outside fundie land is a dumbass. Hate to tell Sarah, but she's she smug dumbass with no hope of finding a husband, getting off Maxwell Island and she can't write for shit.

Ok, rant over...

There is no Rebecca Maxwell. Rebecca !!eleventy is the girl that comments all the time on the Maxwell posts because she is hoping to bag John(she would settle for Joe). This won't happen, they both feel they can do better.(John certainly can, I don't know Joe, he seems like the quiet type.)

Rebecca certainly wants to be a Maxwell some day. Why anyone would want to be part of that fun-sucking family cult, I have no idea.

Rebecca certainly wants to be a Maxwell some day. Why anyone would want to be part of that fun-sucking family cult, I have no idea.

If she does marry into the Maxwells, I hope the girls give her some fashion advice.

I think you might be right. He's at the Maxwell approved driving age, isn't he? Make sure they have fully swallowed every last ounce of kool-aide before they might have the possibility of escape?

The Maxwell approved driving age is different than the state approved driving age?

While I live and breathe, I will likely not understand the Maxwells.

snip Wonder if he took time to have a professional home inspection done?

Oh, Creaky Mom! What a silly goose you are!! Joseph prayed! He prayed to Jesus and Jesus gave him the big thumbs up! That's all you need! Relying on the opinions of non-Maxwell and non-Jesus people can only lead dear Joseph astray. To the prayer closet with you! :pray:

Oh, Creaky Mom! What a silly goose you are!! Joseph prayed! He prayed to Jesus and Jesus gave him the big thumbs up! That's all you need! Relying on the opinions of non-Maxwell and non-Jesus people can only lead dear Joseph astray. To the prayer closet with you! :pray:

Oh my bad. :pray:

Oh my bad. :pray:

Speaking of prayer closets, what was Joseph doing tearing that back porch out? That would be a PERFECT place for family Bible time!

Speaking of prayer closets, what was Joseph doing tearing that back porch out? That would be a PERFECT place for family Bible time!

Maybe the back porch/sunroom had damage that was cheaper to replace than repair? The backyard is lovely and there is enough space for a veggie garden and to add an addition to the house when the quiver outgrows the current square footage.

I know fundie brides don't get choices in matters of their own lives, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was married off and had to live in a house bought, remodeled, decorated and completely lived in by my groom and his family. How the hell do you make that your home? Especially considering the home is the only domain / world of fundie brides. They have to be keepers of someone else's home that has none of them in it.

That just kind of creeps me out for some reason. Probably personal experience. When I got married, the first three years we lived in the ex's house. The house he lived in with his first ex wife. It was never mine and I was never fully comfortable there. When we bought our house three years into the marriage it was like a whole new marriage; a new honeymoon phase. Finally living in the house we chose together, worked on together, decorated together, made memories in together - that made it home. Poor fundies move from daddy's home to their headship's house where they have to be keepers and make and raise babies and cook and clean and do laundry.

More ways fundie females have zero control or input in their lives. No options.

MamaJunebug wrote:

ETA that there are foreclosures of reasonably decent properties in Leavenworth for well under $100k.

http://www.trulia.com/for_sale/66048_zi ... losure_lt/

Lots of Multi-family homes on there, surprised 2 of the boys didn't band together and buy a duplex... fits into the "family compound" idea of things.

fundiefan - I haven't ever thought of the women not being able to even so much as decorate their own homes! I'm sure there are some who are allowed to decorate their own homes but now I'm curious what they're actually allowed to do to it.

fundiefan - I haven't ever thought of the women not being able to even so much as decorate their own homes! I'm sure there are some who are allowed to decorate their own homes but now I'm curious what they're actually allowed to do to it.

Well, you can see in the photos of Joshua Maxwell that Christopher hasn't bothered to change the hideous wallpaper in the house his mother decorated. Maybe NR-Anna likes it, or hasn't bothered to think about changing it (against her headship's approval), but I mean really -- it's his MOTHER'S wallpaper.

I know fundie brides don't get choices in matters of their own lives, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was married off and had to live in a house bought, remodeled, decorated and completely lived in by my groom and his family. How the hell do you make that your home? Especially considering the home is the only domain / world of fundie brides. They have to be keepers of someone else's home that has none of them in it.

Think about Rebecca and how happy she would be to go from where she lives to a house like this. Even though Rebecca's future home will be her domain, her house will be put together by her headship for her.

Do these women really grow up thinking how they'll decorate their own kitchen, or are they led to believe their headship will decide for them?

So far, that's how every Maxwell son has done it. No thought of waiting to get engaged and then looking at houses together.

Melanie didn't even get a look at the inside of the house until a week before she was engaged.

I wonder if the wives' names even get put on the title to the house?

I don't know. There is something to be said for a stable headship who owns a home before you even marry him. I'm sure some fundie wives get to make the house theirs. I just don't see that being much of an option for a Maxwell wife. The pictures shown of Christopher & Anna's house still have the wallpaper up from when it was Steve & Teri's house. That is even creepier. I guess it's just when it comes to the Maxwells I can't see anything good about marrying one of them and a family 'done' home is just another nail in the poor future wife's coffin.

Smuggar didn't seem to do much in the way of decorating before the wedding, and their house seems like SmugAnna has done all of the decorating and choosing furnishings (besides that super educational television!)

And we know that SmugAnna's name isn't on the deed- it's not even Smuggar's house!

Anyway, I think the Maxwell boys are just super-controlling of their helpmeets because this is their first chance to take some control away from Steve. Other fundies seem to let the women decide what kitchen they're going to be barefoot and pregnant in.

Smuggar didn't seem to do much in the way of decorating before the wedding, and their house seems like SmugAnna has done all of the decorating and choosing furnishings (besides that super educational television!)

And we know that SmugAnna's name isn't on the deed- it's not even Smuggar's house!

Anyway, I think the Maxwell boys are just super-controlling of their helpmeets because this is their first chance to take some control away from Steve. Other fundies seem to let the women decide what kitchen they're going to be barefoot and pregnant in.

Smuggar doesn't own his own house? WTF? I guess I don't know the back-story on that one. He obviously was never eligible to marry a Maxwell even if he'd wanted to.

Smuggar doesn't own his own house? WTF? I guess I don't know the back-story on that one. He obviously was never eligible to marry a Maxwell even if he'd wanted to.

It's Grandma Mary's house. It's not clear whether she sold it to him or just "rents" it out.

Archived