IGNORED

Maxwell Guessing Game

Eclipse

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has really got Maxwell's fans and followers (including us FJ-ers) going! I have to hand it to Sarah, they are being very playful with this! Nobody tell Steve that people out there might actually be having good, clean F-N over something on his site. Or there will be no burrito for poor Sarah this Sunday.

I'm betting on a house, too. Didn't Christopher buy his house (their old home :roll:) long before NR Anna? If Joseph really is buying a house that doesn't necessarily mean he has found his helpmeet. Yes, I'm desperately hoping Sarah to marry next, not any of the reversal kids.

Wonder how much money Sarah has been allowed to keep from Moody book sales. I wish she could buy a house. But neither Steve nor any other fundy patriarch will ever "sell" her a ridiculously undervalued piece of property so they can brag about another offspring "buying a house with cash." That's only for men, not women, to do. And Sarah would not qualify for a mortgage in the real world as she has no steady job and no credit history.

This has really got Maxwell's fans and followers (including us FJ-ers) going! I have to hand it to Sarah, they are being very playful with this! Nobody tell Steve that people out there might actually be having good, clean F-N over something on his site. Or there will be no burrito for poor Sarah this Sunday.

F-N indeed -- or could "Joseph's guessing game" be ... An Idol?!?!?

Really, Steve, all the minutes your fans could've been reading their KJV's ... That's gonna be on YOUR head, sir!!

I guess something real estate related,too. Oooh! If it is a new house, we can look forward to cleaning and reno pictures!

Cher says:

June 8, 2012 at 4:41 pm

hmmmmmm what a tease ;-) the clue – you are writing something….

my guesses :-)

A job appilcation form?

A list out for a vacation?

A chore list?

Repairs for Uriah?

A cleaning rota to help your sister in laws?

A sermon for the elderly service at the elderly home?

A wedding invitation?

A party invite?

A song?

Do tell…

With love and blessings

Cher

Good job, Cher, it hasn't been removed yet.

And the suspense culminates in Joseph buying a house, on Thursday. I hate to admit that I was actually really into guessing.

Joseph bought a house, only about 1 mile away from his parents...how nice! :lol:

And by the way, isn't John older than Joseph? I find it odd that the younger brother already bought a house and the older didn't.

Boy, that's one ugly house. It's going to take a lot of work. At least it's a whole MILE away from the Compound. What on earth was Stevie doing on a bus in Salina? (Where ever that is....)

I have a questions about the birht order of the Maxwells. Nathan, Chris and Sarah are the older three - Sarah is 30 so the brothers are prob about 32 and 34ish, I guess. The youngest two are Jesse Mary who are about 17 and 15. What is the birth order of the rest of the reversal kids? Wonder if John or Jesse have dibs on the grandparents' house?

Glad the house is a mile away, too bad it wasn't more like 200 miles away. Little Maxwell steps...

Joseph bought a house, only about 1 mile away from his parents...how nice! :lol:

And by the way, isn't John older than Joseph? I find it odd that the younger brother already bought a house and the older didn't.

According to the ages listed on their site, Joseph is 22 and John is 20. They still have Sarah listed as *29*. She turned 30 months ago. :lol:

I have a questions about the birht order of the Maxwells. Nathan, Chris and Sarah are the older three - Sarah is 30 so the brothers are prob about 32 and 34ish, I guess. The youngest two are Jesse Mary who are about 17 and 15. What is the birth order of the rest of the reversal kids? Wonder if John or Jesse have dibs on the grandparents' house?

Glad the house is a mile away, too bad it wasn't more like 200 miles away. Little Maxwell steps...

Chris was married at 31, I guess he'd be about 33. Nathan was married at 24/25 and has been married over 10 years, so he'd be about 35.

Even after the house is all fixed up, he won't be allowed to actually live in it until after he's married. Christopher was living at home until he married Anna, wasn't he, even though he already owned the house they live in now?

Maybe Joseph isn't even going to keep the house. Maybe he's just planning to flip it and resell it! Got to have projects to keep them busy, and it looks like it needs a ton of work.

I actually think that house has a lot of potential to be something really cute. So maybe Joseph is really excited about this. It gives him a chance to actually set some daily goals and accomplish them outside of reading the bible every second of the day.

Though I do this it is pretty craptastic that the poor kid can't even live in his own house until he gets married. Does anyone know how long the other boys owned their homes before they got married, or was it all around the same time? Maybe Joseph has his eye on a girl and wants to get the ball rolling (we can hope right?).

Considering this is the Maxwells, a mile away from Steve is actually not so bad. At least it's not next door, I guess.

I feel increasingly bad for Sarah. I really think she's starting to realize she won't ever get married, and if you hear your whole life that's the only thing you're good for, that must be incredibly depressing.

If I had to bet on one Maxwell ever running for the hills, it would be Mary. The boys are repressed, too, but they're freer than the girls are and at least they can semi-escape (or at least move out) at some point, so one of the girls would be more likely to make a run for it - and by the time Mary is Sarah's age, Steve will be ancient and unable to control her to the extent he controls Sarah now.

We'll see. This whole family is so depressing.

I love the fake window behind him. You might think you're seeing the real world but you're not...

That was the first thing I saw, too.

Nice picture of a window on a rainy day in a windowless gray room.

Teri's interior decorating is really fantastic. She should have her own HGTV show.

Boy, that's one ugly house. It's going to take a lot of work. At least it's a whole MILE away from the Compound. What on earth was Stevie doing on a bus in Salina? (Where ever that is....)

Steve took Uriah to Salina to get repaired and I believe he also took a class about bus repairs or something.

Considering this is the Maxwells, a mile away from Steve is actually not so bad. At least it's not next door, I guess.

I was thinking the same thing. Living a mile away for the Maxwells is like living in the next state for the rest of us.

I love Sarah's admonishment to her readers;

So, with excitement, we share this with you. Don’t let the world tell you that it’s impossible to purchase a home debt-free or to raise children who won’t rebel. With God, all things are possible. With the Lord Jesus and His Word, it is possible to raise sons who can provide for a single-income family, who can live out the “vision†set before them, and who can live for the Lord Jesus. May each of us be found faithful!

Re. buying a house debt-free; Of course it's not impossible. Basically, the Maxwells just used the money that most families would use for college, cars, dates, movies, dinners out, etc. I would venture most people could buy a house debt-free if they lived like the Maxwells. Frankly, I'd rather have a mortgage.

Also, if Sarah has to define the word vision to mean goal, why can't she just use the word goal? This is what drives me crazy about her writing.

"Live out the vision set before them meaning OUR vision for them, not theirs, because of course we can't have them thinking they can have a vision of their own. In fact, we can't have them thinking."

I love Sarah's admonishment to her readers;

So, with excitement, we share this with you. Don’t let the world tell you that it’s impossible to purchase a home debt-free or to raise children who won’t rebel. With God, all things are possible. With the Lord Jesus and His Word, it is possible to raise sons who can provide for a single-income family, who can live out the “vision” set before them, and who can live for the Lord Jesus. May each of us be found faithful!

Re. buying a house debt-free; Of course it's not impossible. Basically, the Maxwells just used the money that most families would use for college, cars, dates, movies, dinners out, etc. I would venture most people could buy a house debt-free if they lived like the Maxwells. Frankly, I'd rather have a mortgage.

Also, if Sarah has to define the word vision to mean goal, why can't she just use the word goal? This is what drives me crazy about her writing.

I have to agree with you, on that.

Archived