IGNORED

Maxwell Guessing Game

Eclipse

huh?

I had to look it up to get the reference, but then, I am old and woefully unhip. :D

It's actually pretty funny -- a parody of this:

_N_xGQ3QKlk

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every time someone mentions the possibility of another Maxwell mate coming into the picture, this is what goes through my head:

331hfm1.png

That is BRILLIANT. :lol: Poor Sarah!

I think Sarah is a good looking girl. The only reason why she isn't married yet it's definitly because of her father. I'm sure that in those conferences they give she has already found lots of fundie men looking for a wife.

I think Sarah is a good looking girl. The only reason why she isn't married yet it's definitly because of her father. I'm sure that in those conferences they give she has already found lots of fundie men looking for a wife.

She is pretty. But I think Stevie missed the boat on getting her hitched up in her early 20s when he had just started to become the crazy ass-hat he is now. I don't really think there are many fundie guys out there that are her age and still single. I mean really -- a 30yo fundie guy who isn't married? That's just a huge red flag.

She is pretty. But I think Stevie missed the boat on getting her hitched up in her early 20s when he had just started to become the crazy ass-hat he is now. I don't really think there are many fundie guys out there that are her age and still single. I mean really -- a 30yo fundie guy who isn't married? That's just a huge red flag.

:lol: Christopher Maxwell! Wasn't he 31 when he finally found Anna! And not because he wasn't looking, either! His body language has changed so much since he was married. He's much more relaxed and happier now.

:lol: Christopher Maxwell! Wasn't he 31 when he finally found Anna! And not because he wasn't looking, either! His body language has changed so much since he was married. He's much more relaxed and happier now.

Oh, that's true! And yes, he's much more relaxed (amazing what a little sex will do for you when you've never had it and you are over 30!). I still think there is a remote chance Sarah will marry but it will be to some widower who already has his own kids.

I really hope Sarah marries. Normally I'm hesitant about wishing an existence as an eternally self-effacing "helpmeet" upon any SAHD, but in Sarah's case, I feel like even marriage to a fundie husband can't be much worse than her current life. At least she'd be considered a semi-adult and she wouldn't be stuck in forever-childhood in subservience to Creepy Steve.

Guest Anonymous

It really pisses me off the way 30 yo Sarah has been forced to write humiliating posts about how happy and busy she is, and how content she is to wait to see IF God wants her to marry, while little reversal Joseph has been ale to buy a house of his own outright and the family has already accepted and mapped out a plan for him to move in WHEN God calls him to marry. :(

Count me as one whose husband purchased a home a couple of years before we met and where I moved when I got married. It made sense- he is 10 years older than me and had been transferred all around the country by a big corporation. The house buying benefits included in the relo packages back then were incredible. Of course he didn't wait until he found "the one". All my friends who were paying off student loans and starting their marriages in rentals thought I was SO lucky, and I was.

But that house was always "his" house- never my house. Not that he made it feel that way, but because it was just such a bachelors' house. We moved across the country again after 5 years of marriage (this time with MY company) and had the house that we're still living in built. It was EXACTLY what we both wanted, and is truly the only home I think of when I think of our marriage (almost 30 years). If I was advising others, I would suggest, if market conditions allow, any previously owned home(s) be sold and a home be bought together.

My husband also owned his own home when we met but it is now our home. He had owned it for 10 years before I moved in because he bought it when he was 21. When I moved in everything was some shade of gray: walls, carpets, curtains, bedspreads. His bedroom looked like an army barracks. Also the garden was lawn and trees with not a single plant.

After 12 years the house has been thoroughly redecorated and we did it room by room together. The kitchen is purple, white, and shades of green, the living room is terracotta, gold and brown. Each room is colorful and distinctive. The biggest change has been the garden. It is truly lush and gorgeous with ponds and hedges and 100's of flowering perennials and clipped evergreens in long beds with rose arbors dotted with miniature, weeping trees. I love this house and I love this garden.

Well, it's no wonder those frumpers are so roomy! Who knew they were wearing bloomers under there?

You guys have it all wrong. Maxwellz underwearz iz holy not holey.

I really hope Sarah marries. Normally I'm hesitant about wishing an existence as an eternally self-effacing "helpmeet" upon any SAHD, but in Sarah's case, I feel like even marriage to a fundie husband can't be much worse than her current life. At least she'd be considered a semi-adult and she wouldn't be stuck in forever-childhood in subservience to Creepy Steve.

I know. You hate to encourage that helpmeet stuff, but it's likely Sarah's only means of escape. I hate to think of her having to live with one of her brothers for the rest of her life.

And I find so hard to believe she's happy and content when she sees her brothers moving forward with their lives (in a limited way, yes, but still).

I know. You hate to encourage that helpmeet stuff, but it's likely Sarah's only means of escape. I hate to think of her having to live with one of her brothers for the rest of her life.

And I find so hard to believe she's happy and content when she sees her brothers moving forward with their lives (in a limited way, yes, but still).

What kind of escape could it be for her? Steve will never accept a man who is less dogmatic than he, it would be the equivalent of her marrying her father in all likelihood.

What kind of escape could it be for her? Steve will never accept a man who is less dogmatic than he, it would be the equivalent of her marrying her father in all likelihood.

I don't think it would be much better - but I also don't think it would be much worse. At the very least, she'd be one of the adults in the house instead of one of the kids. She'd be able to have children, which she DESPERATELY wants. I just do not want to see Steve turn her into Teri Jr. - and she wouldn't even have the small perks that Teri has, such as seeing her kids and grandkids grow up.

She'd be able to have children, which she DESPERATELY wants.

This is going to sound rude, but I get so sick of people moaning about poor Sarah not being able to have children. You know what? I'm glad she doesn't have children. I am glad every.single.time some whack job fundie fails to reproduce. Want to know why? Because Steve and Terri got what they DESPERATELY wanted. Want to know what they did? They used that opportunity to stunt the growth of 7 human beings. They robbed them of joy and any normalcy they might every know. They've controlled them from the moment they were born. They have adults living the lives of children in their homes. So do I want Sarah to get what she DESPERATELY wants at the expense of another human being? No! I don't think she'll ever change. She's been thoroughly brainwashed. My hope for her is that she stands up on her own two feet and walks out. Until she does that, children are the last thing she needs.

*rant over*

Looking at the pictures in the latest blog post, it occurs to me that it would have been easier for Joseph to build a new house from scratch rather than tear out every single room in the old house he bought. The only part of the whole shebang that looks decent is the backyard. He could have bought a small piece of land and built on it. Maybe there was not an empty lot close enough to the family compound? :?

This is going to sound rude, but I get so sick of people moaning about poor Sarah not being able to have children. You know what? I'm glad she doesn't have children. I am glad every.single.time some whack job fundie fails to reproduce. Want to know why? Because Steve and Terri got what they DESPERATELY wanted. Want to know what they did? They used that opportunity to stunt the growth of 7 human beings. They robbed them of joy and any normalcy they might every know. They've controlled them from the moment they were born. They have adults living the lives of children in their homes. So do I want Sarah to get what she DESPERATELY wants at the expense of another human being? No! I don't think she'll ever change. She's been thoroughly brainwashed. My hope for her is that she stands up on her own two feet and walks out. Until she does that, children are the last thing she needs.

*rant over*

... I actually agree with this. I do not want the Maxwells to mass-reproduce. I do not want them to have a full quiver. At all. I loathe them. However, we were talking about what would be best from Sarah's PoV and I was simply explaining why, to her, being married to any fundie husband might be preferable than being at home with Steve.

Welcome to FJ! Your predictions are pretty much in line with what has been discussed here before.

My surprise is more that Joseph has been allowed to buy a house a whole mile away from the compound.... :mrgreen:

I agree that it is surprising. I'd like to think that Joe used Steve's absence to make a move, but I don't think it's too likely. My guess is that nothing was available closer. Since Steve has no tact, I wouldn't be surprised if he has already asked all his neighbors how long they plan to stay in their houses. Also, I think he may trust Joseph to live farther away more than he would trust the others. If I had to pick one Maxwell kid who would most likely live contentedly in Steve's "vision" it would be Joseph.

I don't think it would be much better - but I also don't think it would be much worse. At the very least, she'd be one of the adults in the house instead of one of the kids. She'd be able to have children, which she DESPERATELY wants. I just do not want to see Steve turn her into Teri Jr. - and she wouldn't even have the small perks that Teri has, such as seeing her kids and grandkids grow up.

We don't know that she really wants children. We do know she's been trained to want children because she knows nothing else.

... I actually agree with this. I do not want the Maxwells to mass-reproduce. I do not want them to have a full quiver. At all. I loathe them. However, we were talking about what would be best from Sarah's PoV and I was simply explaining why, to her, being married to any fundie husband might be preferable than being at home with Steve.

I see what you're saying. Honestly I just have an instant negative reaction to the thought of the Maxwell "kids" reproducing. I'd rather see Sarah sit in that house for the rest of her life, than to see her force this life on some poor unsuspecting child.

As I think of Sarah and these new posts it got me wondering: when people leave fundydom, do they tend to leave fairly close to 18? I used to think *maybe* Sarah would up and leave but for some reason realizing she's within a couple years of my age now I'm starting to believe she's never going to leave. ...yes, I know plenty of people leave once they're married w/wo kids. Just curious about the chances "if she were going to leave would she have done it already?"

I see what you're saying. Honestly I just have an instant negative reaction to the thought of the Maxwell "kids" reproducing. I'd rather see Sarah sit in that house for the rest of her life, than to see her force this life on some poor unsuspecting child.

I agree. I simply meant: if you're taught that's the only thing you're good for, and you're being kept from it by a father who even to fundie standards is a crazy freak, that kind of sucks.

We don't know that she really wants children. We do know she's been trained to want children because she knows nothing else.

True. I simply meant that from her PoV, at least she'd be raising her own kids instead of having to age in one of her brothers' households, raising their kids.

Honestly, of course I wish Sarah would escape. I hope she runs for the hills and gives Steve and fundiedom the finger. But I'm starting to think that may never happen.

I don't think Sarah will ever escape. I think she is drunk on the Kool Aid and she has a bit smug personality. Sometimes I find it hard to sympathize with Sarah, because she has smug attitude towards the outside world. I will never forget when she drove by a public school and said she felt sorry for those kids. I also remember some essay, in which she said that she was glad that her parents sheltered from the world and it made her a better person. Sarah shouldn't feel sorry for public school kids or graduates, she should feel sorry for herself. She isn't in tune with the real world at all. A lot of people her age who attended public school learned to live in the real world and make lives for themselves. Sarah hasn't learned to live in the real world and if something happened to Steve and Teri, she would be in for several rude awakenings.

*rant over*

:text-thankyouyellow:

Archived