IGNORED

Maxwell Guessing Game

Eclipse

I just hope that Sarah is content with her life, and if she's not that she has the wherewithal to find contentment.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. I simply meant that from her PoV, at least she'd be raising her own kids instead of having to age in one of her brothers' households, raising their kids.

Honestly, of course I wish Sarah would escape. I hope she runs for the hills and gives Steve and fundiedom the finger. But I'm starting to think that may never happen.[/quote

I agree with all of this. I also think that at this point Steve is looking to create an empire of grandchildren so, why waste time finding a husband for Sarah when she won't have as many fertile years left as the other girls? Better investment of time to find the right guy for Anna as she still has time to produce a full quiver. I think of anyone escapes it will be Mary and only if Steve dies or gets sick. She has been the most isolated but, she is also the youngest and has travelled (albeit in Uriah) more as a young person than the others.

Sometimes I also wonder if Steve is angry with Sarah for some insane reason. I mean, she is the last of the pre-reversal kids and maybe after her birth was when Terri really had her worst depression. Maybe Steve unconsciously blames Sarah for the vasectomy and the lost quiver-filling years. Maybe he is denying her that chance because he feels her birth pushed him into making a decision he clearly later came to regret....thoughts?

I wonder how Sarah's going to react to Joseph marrying... that's really going to be the final nail in the coffin for her life of single hood.

I was thinking the same thing of her younger sisters. How would Anna or Mary ever live with the guilt of marrying and hanging Sarah out to dry? I know that Rachel Wissman somehow scraped together a beau for herself after her younger sister, (and several younger brothers,) married. It appears to me, however, that the Wissman children have a much greater say-so in their marriage arrangements.

If I was Anna or Mary I'd be praying my heart out for Sarah to find a man.

I also think that at this point Steve is looking to create an empire of grandchildren so, why waste time finding a husband for Sarah when she won't have as many fertile years left as the other girls? Better investment of time to find the right guy for Anna as she still has time to produce a full quiver. I think of anyone escapes it will be Mary and only if Steve dies or gets sick. She has been the most isolated but, she is also the youngest and has travelled (albeit in Uriah) more as a young person than the others.

Sometimes I also wonder if Steve is angry with Sarah for some insane reason. I mean, she is the last of the pre-reversal kids and maybe after her birth was when Terri really had her worst depression. Maybe Steve unconsciously blames Sarah for the vasectomy and the lost quiver-filling years. Maybe he is denying her that chance because he feels her birth pushed him into making a decision he clearly later came to regret....thoughts?

IIRC, the 200 year plan is only relevant to male decendants so any children any of the girls may or may not give birth to don't matter. Only the sons children and their male children at that. IOW, in their severly warped thinking, so far Joshua's the only grandkid who *really* matters. So I imagine in Steve's thinking, why bother marrying off ANY of the daughters? He'd end up losing his maids/kiss assers and not be able to count any of their possible male children as "true" heirs so what's the point?

ETA: WOOHOO! I'm the sin in the camp! :banana-blonde:

They're certinaly in a hurry to get the house fixed up.

I predict that over the summer we will get updates and pictures of the Maxwell men fixing up the house. There will probably be pictures of Teri and the women preparing lunches for them and there one pic of sad Sarah at the fixer upper.

Wow, they're moving fast on this one. There's got to be a courtship in the making, otherwise, why hurry like this? It's not like he's going to live at the house before he's Called To Marry some poor fundie girl.

Fun comments on the building project:

Someone named Meg (no doubt an Ebil Feminist) reminisced about fixing up her first home--when she was single.

The Maxwells have a polyandrist fan! One commenter said her son began saving money at a young age with her husbands' [sic] encouragement.

He's now allowed to think about thinking about courtship????

That might lead to thinking about his wedding night, and that cannot be allowed.

I am just happy that Mary and Anna were helping with demolition! Or at least it looks like they were in the latest blog update!

Guest Anonymous

The most odd thing about that post is that they took time out to do a photoshoot of the new baby, while he was sleeping, which "made it nice". And no, they didn't mess around getting great shots of a snuggly baby all comfy in his crib... they dangled him around and balanced him on a blanket filled basket while he was trying to kip! :twisted:

The most odd thing about that post is that they took time out to do a photoshoot of the new baby, while he was sleeping, which "made it nice". And no, they didn't mess around getting great shots of a snuggly baby all comfy in his crib... they dangled him around and balanced him on a blanket filled basket while he was trying to kip! :twisted:

Not that I would ever accuse the Maxwell's of trying to be fashionable, but I see those sorts of photos on heaps of baby photo blogs. The disembodied hands creep me out.

Wow, they're moving fast on this one. There's got to be a courtship in the making, otherwise, why hurry like this? It's not like he's going to live at the house before he's Called To Marry some poor fundie girl.

Truly, they must have been cooking this up for weeks before letting us in on it! I mean, with their daily schedule packed with all kinds of important working for clients and i ton on-ramp and conference scheduling and book writing grocery shopping and cleaning and praying and exercising they had to have had this on the calendar for a while.

Those secretive Maxwells always a surprise waiting.

I hope the Maxwell women don't hurt themselves while working into skirts, if they help out again.. I hope there aren't ladder/skirt accidents.

I hope the Maxwell women don't hurt themselves while working into skirts, if they help out again.. I hope there aren't ladder/skirt accidents.

I've often wondered that, too -- if any of them have ever been hurt doing things like that in skirts. I guess they've had a lot of practice.

It's funny how they are always "so busy", yet they can drop everything and help Joe with his house. :roll:

Sorry, but those pictures of Josh are just plain "weird". I think they think they are Anne Geddes.... :hand:

Actually, those first 2 photos are not bad for someone who doesn't usually take photos of newborns. Usually babies are naked for those kinds of shots, but I have to be honest: It is nice to see a dressed baby for a change in posed photos! The one with the basket looks weird because the basket is too big to for the basket.

I've often wondered that, too -- if any of them have ever been hurt doing things like that in skirts. I guess they've had a lot of practice.

I also think they have had a lot of practice, but sometimes I still worry for them and other fundie women who do certain tasks in skirts. I give the Maxwell women credit for wearing decent and safe shoes in a lot situations. They aren't morons like the J'Slaves who think they can do anything in flip flops. Earlier I was on the twop 19kac thread, and somebody posted about watching a rerun of the Habitat for Humanity episode and one of the girls wore flip flops on the site. My brother did volunteer work for HFH years ago and I remember him saying some volunteers were told to leave the site if they were wearing fiip flops or sandals.

My brother did volunteer work for HFH years ago and I remember him saying some volunteers were told to leave the site if they were wearing fiip flops or sandals.

When I worked for HFH, they had work boots and hard hats you could borrow. Everyone on site had to be wearing approved safety footwear and headwear.

I also think they have had a lot of practice, but sometimes I still worry for them and other fundie women who do certain tasks in skirts. I give the Maxwell women credit for wearing decent and safe shoes in a lot situations. They aren't morons like the J'Slaves who think they can do anything in flip flops. Earlier I was on the twop 19kac thread, and somebody posted about watching a rerun of the Habitat for Humanity episode and one of the girls wore flip flops on the site. My brother did volunteer work for HFH years ago and I remember him saying some volunteers were told to leave the site if they were wearing fiip flops or sandals.

I think people may be mistaking this for a fundie problem. It's actually a Southern problem. So many people I know proudly post "I'm a Texan so I can do anything in flip flops" or "I'm from the south and we know that you can do anything in flip flops" on their wall, or who are never seen in anything else. Some of them put on better shoes for cold weather, rain, or dangerous activities, and some of them...don't. And these are people who are anywhere from conservative to very liberal.

I left a comment and I asked if Sarah had thought of taking baby pictures for people in the area. She has a decent eye, not great, but better than I could do. She could pick up a job here and there and get some spending money. Bet Steve will say she's not allowed out in public.

:?:

Sarah is probably thrilled to pieces to be helping her much younger sibling get his own house, and life, in order. I can't imagine how much fun it is to sit and wait for god to drop the perfect man in your father's lap - she isn't even waiting for him to fall into her lap - while your siblings move on with their lives.

IIRC, the 200 year plan is only relevant to male decendants so any children any of the girls may or may not give birth to don't matter. Only the sons children and their male children at that. IOW, in their severly warped thinking, so far Joshua's the only grandkid who *really* matters. So I imagine in Steve's thinking, why bother marrying off ANY of the daughters? He'd end up losing his maids/kiss assers and not be able to count any of their possible male children as "true" heirs so what's the point?

ETA: WOOHOO! I'm the sin in the camp! :banana-blonde:

Isn't the 200-year plan part of the Vision Forum doctrine? I've never read anything by the Maxwells that mentioned it. I know they don't believe in birth control, which makes them Quiverfull, but they don't seem to focus much on the more political aspects of that movement.

Archived