IGNORED

MedicineMansGirl

Patsy

I tried searching (both fj search and google), but I couldn't find the thread where I think I saw this... Does anyone remember a blog where someone posted a pic of about five or six kids in their carseats on the floor of the house?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! It's the family from Journey of A Lifetime. Her husband is a paramedic or firefighter or something, and she keeps popping out the kids - including two sets of twins and writing really long blog posts and posting before and after pictures of herself in a sports bra and track pants because she does p90x to lose baby weight. She kinda blows my mind because she's super religious, but also recently posted a link to the Recovering Grace website and talked about how damaging Gothard teachings had been for their family. Then a few days later she posted a super long entry about marching around a house they couldn't afford seven times like Jericho so that maybe God would give it to them. What????

Anyways, it's here: medicinemansgirl.blogspot.ca/

The pic you speak of is in the sidebar

Wait, she has kids named Evye and Ivye?!?! I like the names (not the odd spellings), but seriously?!?!

I reach down to actually turn an absolutely rust covered, corroded, nasty, crapped out pipe below the toilet to achieve running water and let the tank fill so that we may actually flush the great amount of sewage within, as we attempt to treat fleas with no running spigots on the front half of the property, as the plastic tub beneath the sink begins to fill and overflow because everybody forgot to check it and drains run straight into it, as I attempt to change a diaper for the millionth time with a flashlight in the dim light of dusk because the living area is so dark one cannot really see and the chain pull pulled out months ago. The list could go on. So, as I shine a flashlight on a tiny baby butt I begin to laugh at the absurdity of it all and realize that we are still here and desperate

WTF there are two adults in the house and no one can fix a pull chain on a friggin light fixture? And her husband could care less about replacing a valve on the toilet? Ach this is some good cray cray.

Why do so many fundies call their child Garret? Isn't a word for an attic?

I can't believe she called her son Gates.

WTF there are two adults in the house and no one can fix a pull chain on a friggin light fixture? And her husband could care less about replacing a valve on the toilet? Ach this is some good cray cray.

I know.....a new chain is under $1....you just replace it, it's not hard! 13 people and none flushing toilets? WTF is wrong with people?!? If I lived that way I certainly wouldn't be bragging about it online!

All the boys have names that begin with G but the girls names are all mixed up. Are the boys the only special ones so the girls can be "left out"?

How the heck does a firefighter/paramedic afford to support a family of that size? My friend's husband is a firefighter and they only have one kid and live basically pay check to pay check and shes about as frugal as one can get.

She is clearly depressed. If they are so broke why does she spend the money on a tanning session?

FWIW I lived on a gravel road 16 miles from the nearest burg. Its just no biggie. Unfortunately this woman chose not to use any kind of bc and now has more kids than she can handle. So what's someone to do when they find themselves in that position? Why blog, its a natural solution to the problem :roll:

I've been reading this blog for a long time. She's quite interesting.

They moved from Texas I think, to Maine? or somewhere East Coast anyways, and the job her husband had lined up fell through, and they were living on his pizza delivery income and tips and couldn't even afford to buy toothpaste or laundry soap.

She has mentioned several times that one of their daughters was taken from her bedroom and raped by a neighbourhood boy. She doesn't really get into any details, but it sounded horrible and tragic.

She's also blogged at great length about a very long, long traumatic miscarriage and they thought they wouldn't have any more children and then they got pregnant with twins, and now the new baby. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't get any prenatal care and that her husband delivers her babies.

She has also written quite an graphic post about how the went out to a field when the children were sleeping and had sex. But in really annoying rosy prose. Actually, her whole blog is written in really annoying flowery language.

It sounds like she has a landlord who should be fixing her plumbing and the light fixture. However, if the landlord isn't going to do it, she needs to take some action and do it herself (and make sure to document all the times that the landlord hasn't responded to requests) and sue for the cost of parts/labor. I don't know where she is located, but most states have landlord-tenet acts that are very specific in what landlords can and can't do. One that is common is keeping the unit up to code.

She has mentioned several times that one of their daughters was taken from her bedroom and raped by a neighbourhood boy. She doesn't really get into any details, but it sounded horrible and tragic.

Oh my god. That is horrible. I just.....Taken from her bedroom!? Please tell me they don't still live in the same house.

Oh my god. That is horrible. I just.....Taken from her bedroom!? Please tell me they don't still live in the same house.

That was when they lived in Texas.

Some of those pictures...!

Fold up folding chair and lean it against the wall.

Watch as baby climbs onto chair.

Take picture.

All this reader sees is baby on the floor bleeding out because momma can't use her head.

I don't see the carseat photo. And I'm horrified at at the toddlers climbing shelves and folding chairs and she just taking photos of it. :shock:

She does look great though. Way better than me and I've only had two kids.

I don't see the carseat photo. And I'm horrified at at the toddlers climbing shelves and folding chairs and she just taking photos of it. :shock:

She does look great though. Way better than me and I've only had two kids.

I just checked and she's done a re-vamp since this morning. She took her marching around the house they couldn't afford like Jericho post down, and changed her side-bar. The links to Recovering Grace and Quivering Daughters links that are prominently featured on the right were not there this morning, and the car-seat picture has been removed.

However, I just found it in a post here: (you have to scroll down a ways, her posts are loooong)

medicinemansgirl.blogspot.ca/2012/04/3-weeks-lets-go-running-baby.html

I have to say, that many kids in carseats is INSANE. I can't even imagine. That is a total nightmare to me.

Some of those pictures...!

Fold up folding chair and lean it against the wall.

Watch as baby climbs onto chair.

Take picture.

All this reader sees is baby on the floor bleeding out because momma can't use her head.

I saw too many photos that show accidents waiting to happen!

I saw too many photos that show accidents waiting to happen!

I know, I guess to be a good mom you have to ignore danger in favour of an adorable photo.

I just checked and she's done a re-vamp since this morning. She took her marching around the house they couldn't afford like Jericho post down, and changed her side-bar. The links to Recovering Grace and Quivering Daughters links that are prominently featured on the right were not there this morning, and the car-seat picture has been removed.

However, I just found it in a post here: (you have to scroll down a ways, her posts are loooong)

I have to say, that many kids in carseats is INSANE. I can't even imagine. That is a total nightmare to me.

She took down this post too.

Says that post doesn't exist. She must be reading here.

~Waves to medicine man's wife.~

Posts taken down already? No matter, I'm sure she's still very excited to be "persecuted" by FJ. It really is a fundie badge of honor. :roll:

She works fast apparently, it's only been about 15 minutes since I posted the link. It's a totally bizarre post to delete, it was just nice pictures and her talking about working out post-baby, and there isn't anything wrong with posting pictures of a kazillion kids in car seats on your living room floor. Way better than pictures of your babies doing dangerous stuff anyways. The kids doing dangerous stuff pictures are all still up.

Hey Nikki, you're obviously reading here, come chat. You seem like a very interesting person, you obviously love your children and I really appreciate the way you are honest about your struggles and faith. I'd love to hear more about why you are posting links to Recovering Grace and hear about your obviously bad experience with Gothardism.

Says that post doesn't exist. She must be reading here.

~Waves to medicine man's wife.~

Worked fine for me. Unless she put it back up.

She does read here:

Hurry and screen cap it before I take something down again! And then put it back up.......and then take it down again..........and then put it back up again. I think there's a song kinda like that. "You put the blog post up, you take the blog post down, put the blog up and then you shake it all around."

I'm waiting for FJ admin approval.

I'm a big fan and have been following the forum for a while.

Ha ha! Hi! *waves*

She does read here:

Ha ha! Hi! *waves*

I have to say, that's pretty awesome.

Archived