IGNORED

MedicineMansGirl

Patsy

I all I have is that your kids are cute and I'm happy to see the carseats, and man, your little girl in the front left looks seriously ticked off, lol.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to hear about your experience with Gothard and why you are now promoting Recovering Grace and Quivering Daughters.

I don't recall you ever using the word "quiverfull" in your writings, but judging by your seeming never ending stream of children, this does seem to be something you subscribe to. Are you planning on having more children?

What type of curriculum do you use to homeschool your children?

Gosh its as if we're in the fundy migratory path. Similar to the swallows coming back to Capistrano, they all fly into the hive.

Just in case, hokey pokies and takes the whole blog down, here's the eight kids in car seats picture:

so_many_kids_in_carseats.jpg

It's pretty cute, actually.

I think it's cute too.

In the photo on the right sidebar, the eleven(ty) gifts in my life, there is a small girl on the rail without a spotter behind her. In three short posts she shoveled an amazing amount of BS.

I think it's cute too.

It sure is! ;)

They seem to have a nice German sheppard as well, I can't see the head though!

Congrats on the fitness, it's hard to stay motivated to work out day in day out. I know I really have to do more as my metabolism ain't as fast as it used to be, unfortunately! :doh:

Edited for typos, more typos!

In the photo on the right sidebar, the eleven(ty) gifts in my life, there is a small girl on the rail without a spotter behind her. In three short posts she shoveled an amazing amount of BS.

I noticed that too. And you know what, I come from a large family. A family with kids who got into stuff. But climbing up on shelves/folding chairs was never acceptable. It was dangerous and my mom didn't stop to snap photos of it. She took us down and told us no. If you have older kids, you need to teach them to do the same thing when they see the small ones climbing. If the kids climb on dangerous things and just see mom snapping pictures, then how will they learn not to do it?

I noticed that too. And you know what, I come from a large family. A family with kids who got into stuff. But climbing up on shelves/folding chairs was never acceptable. It was dangerous and my mom didn't stop to snap photos of it. She took us down and told us no. If you have older kids, you need to teach them to do the same thing when they see the small ones climbing. If the kids climb on dangerous things and just see mom snapping pictures, then how will they learn not to do it?

We had scads of kids in the extended family, and without thoughtful behavior our family gathering could be free fire zones. Even with three in my family, we knew if we wanted to climb, there were trees. What is up with these families that can't teach their kids not to walk on tables and cabinets? Her kids make the Howlers look well behaved.

The fact that the two adults didn't see any reason to fix the toilet is appalling, especially with a family of that size. I have a slack landlord, and do most of my own repairs. My LL is appreciative and I get some consideration. I suspect that house is pretty much trashed.

OMG, I am laughing SO hard!! That name "condom broke again" has got to be my fave yet - you are my hero! *laugh*

I am the oldest of 9 - kids...are kids. They climb and run and hang and...do crazy things - I think you're good. ;-)

And I applaud you for having 8 carseats - I know my temptation will be to move them out of the carseat season ASAP, but for their safety (and the law) I'll have to keep them in. Good job :)

FYI - My aunt was on 2 types of non-chemical BC when she got pregnant...4 kids 4 and under... it happens even if you're not QF :)

FYI - My aunt was on 2 types of non-chemical BC when she got pregnant...4 kids 4 and under... it happens even if you're not QF :)

Some women have choices when it comes to unplanned pregnancy and raising more children they can care for, attend to, or economically support.

And naturally when one of these 'ladies' choses not just to post her shortcomings in blog, but comes to the hive and barely justifies her contradictions, I'll be the last person patting them on the back. Yea she uses appropriate car seats, its the law and her husband is a PM.

Exactly. Snapping pictures while smiling and saying "don't do that" is actually reinforcing the unwanted behaviour. If you don't want your kids to climb on the chairs, don't glorify it by having big brother stand by to catch while you go get the camera. You don't heap more attention on behaviour you want to stop. You take them down, say no and move on and teach your older kids to do the same. I have monkey children too, and they certainly have done quite a number of risky things, so I get the constant frustration. (in fact, I had to get my 20 month old off the kitchen table in the middle of typing this - it's only 3 feet away from me and he did it silently in the blink of an eye) But I didn't take a picture of it to "journal my exasperation".

Exactly. Snapping pictures while smiling and saying "don't do that" is actually reinforcing the unwanted behaviour. If you don't want your kids to climb on the chairs, don't glorify it by having big brother stand by to catch while you go get the camera. You don't heap more attention on behaviour you want to stop. You take them down, say no and move on and teach your older kids to do the same. I have monkey children too, and they certainly have done quite a number of risky things, so I get the constant frustration. (in fact, I had to get my 20 month old off the kitchen table in the middle of typing this - it's only 3 feet away from me and he did it silently in the blink of an eye) But I didn't take a picture of it to "journal my exasperation".

What's sad is she's leagues ahead of some of the QF fundies we snark about.... Who was it that stuffed like 10 kids into a 5 passenger car?!??!

Honestly, my 2 year old is a climber, and I dont post pictures of him doing dangerous stuff because I'm too busy pulling him off of whatever he's climbed on top of. He makes me crazy and I had NO GREY HAIRS until he started walking and climbing. None. Now I need a dye job every 8 weeks. :shock: They're like ninjas aren't they? silent and QUICK.... oy.

I think it's cute too.

I think she should get kudos for all the kids that need car-seats having them. So many of the people we talk about don't have car-seats for their littles or don't use them properly. At least she's TRYING to keep them safe sometimes.

Honestly, my 2 year old is a climber, and I dont post pictures of him doing dangerous stuff because I'm too busy pulling him off of whatever he's climbed on top of. He makes me crazy and I had NO GREY HAIRS until he started walking and climbing. None. Now I need a dye job every 8 weeks. :shock: They're like ninjas aren't they? silent and QUICK.... oy.

With a daughter in a hippy family, there was an easy solution. We simply belled her. We found some Thai bangle bracelets (good luck stuff) with bells on them. Two for her right wrist and a pile of Indian bangles for her left. :lol:

With a daughter in a hippy family, there was an easy solution. We simply belled her. We found some Thai bangle bracelets (good luck stuff) with bells on them. Two for her right wrist and a pile of Indian bangles for her left. :lol:

You. Are. Brilliant.

I may just do that w/ my son. The funniest incident of it, was not him ON something, but I made a pan of brownies for my mom's birthday. Set it on the kitchen table in the center. I started to do the dishes. He gave himself away by the squeals of pleasure he was making as he stuck his hands into the frosting. - He had pushed a chair up to the table and was gleefully licking the frosting off of his hands. He looked at me, gave me this totally "I"m so innocent mom" look and pointed to the dog and said "nuh ! me! Bad dog!!!!"

I took pictures of the damage to the brownies because it WAS funny.

You. Are. Brilliant.

I may just do that w/ my son. The funniest incident of it, was not him ON something, but I made a pan of brownies for my mom's birthday. Set it on the kitchen table in the center. I started to do the dishes. He gave himself away by the squeals of pleasure he was making as he stuck his hands into the frosting. - He had pushed a chair up to the table and was gleefully licking the frosting off of his hands. He looked at me, gave me this totally "I"m so innocent mom" look and pointed to the dog and said "nuh ! me! Bad dog!!!!" I took pictures of the damage to the brownies because it WAS funny.

Well it worked to a point. One morning I awoke to find the toddler staring me in the face. I'm thinking WTF. Turns out she completely dismantled her crib using one of the Indian bangles as a screw driver. :lol: All the screws were in one pile, the nuts in another, and the washers in a third. Needless to say the crib went out the door and the matress went on a platform that her Dad built.

Well it worked to a point. One morning I awoke to find the toddler staring me in the face. I'm thinking WTF. Turns out she completely dismantled her crib using one of the Indian bangles as a screw driver. :lol: All the screws were in one pile, the nuts in another, and the washers in a third. Needless to say the crib went out the door and the matress went on a platform that her Dad built.

:o :shock: :o

I need to remember the tip about the bells for when my niece gets older - she's perfect now but I'm sure she'll be a hellion into everything when she's a toddler! :D

LOL I've only raised 4 kids 2 boys 2 girls. I thought kids who climbed on everything and had no fear for safety were just kids who had parents that allowed it. Boy did I get a wake up call! My 4th kid a girl.... climbed everything she stands in windows, climbs shelves at school once she discovered a crack in the ceiling of her closet. She used toy box lids and the closet rod to climb up and IN TO the attic crawl place. OMG I would never believe a kid could do these things :( she is always re-directed but it didn't seem to help, found her on top of the dryer just this week. We also keep locks on bathroom she will also stand in the shower turn on hot water..on and on it goes

She also has a disability so things are all around more difficult. She still isn't allowed to just act up, I can't allow her to use her disability for a excuse to act up. But I have to pick my battles.

I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a long time. Since the blog author has decided to visit I will add in my comment, please don't say "albino white" when referring to skin tone. As someone with Albinism, it is highly offensive. I get that you might not know that it is offensive, so I'm not handslapping at all. If referring to someone, the best way to say it is a person with Albinism, not Albino.

I tried reading her whole blog as I often do when I find a fundy that is snark worthy but frankly, she is too wordy and its the SOS or poor me my husband works shifts. I will note that in reading hundreds of her posts I found not a single mention of homeschooling. Perhaps I didn't get far enough into it, but she is sooo boring. No matter how poor they have been there is always money to be found for her tanning sessions and her fitness pursuits.

Since you said you were jobless and worried about where the next meal would come from, did you not consider applying for food stamps?

Did you get a chain for your light yet?

I'm so glad that some of you are asking the tough questions. It makes me want to :puke-front: when people fawn over how cute her kids are, or how she lost baby weight, or to pat her on the back for using car seats like she's the best parent ever just for following a basic law. None of that stuff makes up for the neglect, IMO.

In the photo on the right sidebar, the eleven(ty) gifts in my life, there is a small girl on the rail without a spotter behind her.

That picture takes my breath away with fear for the child. I know kids climb on stuff, but that's just unsafe.

Archived