IGNORED

MedicineMansGirl

Patsy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case, hokey pokies and takes the whole blog down, here's the eight kids in car seats picture:

so_many_kids_in_carseats.jpg

It's pretty cute, actually.

Just in case, hokey pokies and takes the whole blog down, here's the eight kids in car seats picture:

so_many_kids_in_carseats.jpg

At least she uses car seats unlike some bloggers we follow who just shove them like the game of life says to.

It's cute if you don't know they are all siblings. That is just too many little ones. But yeah, at least they have carseats for them. This woman could give J'chelle a run for her money.

Since you are reading here Medicine Man's Girl, please consider the safety of your child before snapping a picture of what they are doing. A scraped knee will heal with nothing left to remind you of it, a broken neck wont.

Since in some states kids have to be in car seats until they're NINE, I don't see how we can judge.

Since in some states kids have to be in car seats until they're NINE, I don't see how we can judge.

Agree.

I think it's a cute picture (and 2 of the kids in boosters are 7, and while it's a lot it includes 2 sets of twins).

I think I'm going to start reading her, she can't be to fundie, the girls are in jeans/shorts and her great pic in her sports bra and pants (if you are reading, you have a rocking bod! I'm super jealous!). She could be interesting.

At least she uses car seats unlike some bloggers we follow who just shove them like the game of life says to.

Wishing FJ had a like button now.

For once I see kids buckled correct in car seats, the chest plate is the correct spot they look tight awesome for that many kids. Our law has JUST been changed here... babies face backwords until age 2 and kids need to be car seats until age 12 and or 100 lbs. I think it takes effect later this yr or next. Also we cant use the backless booster seat anymore has to be a reg seat. I have a 8 yr old I have to find a new car seat since we have just a seat not one with a back shes so going to love it. NOT :) I'm not sure what the laws are where she is but at least she is using carseats!

For once I see kids buckled correct in car seats, the chest plate is the correct spot they look tight awesome for that many kids. Our law has JUST been changed here... babies face backwords until age 2 and kids need to be car seats until age 12 and or 100 lbs. I think it takes effect later this yr or next. Also we cant use the backless booster seat anymore has to be a reg seat. I have a 8 yr old I have to find a new car seat since we have just a seat not one with a back shes so going to love it. NOT :) I'm not sure what the laws are where she is but at least she is using carseats!

Not only car seats but CURRENT ONES.

Who was the fundie who was using the one from like the late 80's? with the bar across the front?

looked like the one on the left in the picture linked:

blogs.babble.com/babys-first-year-blog/2011/07/15/history-of-the-car-seat/

Not only car seats but CURRENT ONES.

Who was the fundie who was using the one from like the late 80's? with the bar across the front?

looked like the one on the left in the picture linked:

blogs.babble.com/babys-first-year-blog/2011/07/15/history-of-the-car-seat/

Pretty sure this family is super-duper safety conscious with the dad being a firefighter/paramedic. She did a blog post quite a while ago about their crazy intense fire drills. While I have a fire exit plan in my head, I certainly have never done drills and timing my kids over and over again like Nikki has. (probably I should)

Edited to add: safety first in car seat and fire safety....but safety fail in the whole letting babies stay on precarious perches while snapping pictures.

Exactly. I don't... get? why she would take things down? I mean, I just remembered the pic as being interesting and cute, didn't remember anything awful about the blog (obviously, otherwise I would have been able to find it again without asking :)), and I have to say, going back, it certainly doesn't look like these parents are making any excuses for neglecting the kids. I'm sure I'd disagree with her on lots of things, but why take down evidence that your kids are well-fed, healthy, they all have beds and proper car safety? Those are good things, blogger! No need to cover up good things! :shock: Unless it's part of a wink-wink-nudge joke to fj I'm not getting...

(And I have to say, if I had two sets of bb twins I would probably be flashing it around a lot more, so kudos to her for not making a huge deal out of it ;))

Ok this is a sidebar, but I think it's super creepy to refer to herself as a man's girl. He gets to be an adult man; she describes herself as a child. Yes, I know this isn't limited to fundies but I really find it annoying. It's one thing to use "guys and girls" because there isn't a guy-equivalent for women, but it's really pushing it to use "man" and "girl". The only girl a man should have is his daughter.

Gosh I was hoping she'd come for a visit, I have cheap, pizza, cake and wine. :D

I know! I keep checking back.

I was looking in her sidebar at her p90x photo (which I'm doing too), and I first read "Journey to the Half Marathon" as "Journey to the Heart Marathon" and was like WTF for a second :D

I know! I keep checking back.

Well I'm certainly not long for this world. Sunset can't come to soon for this old woman. Time for cake and tea :D

Y'all crack me up. So....here I am! Secret lurker. Somebody screwed up last time and gave away the forum when they clicked the active link in the thread about the Laid Bare post. I've visited every since in total amusement, as I agree with y'all in many aspects.

On the man vs girl note....I must clarify here that that whole thought was kinda disgusting. And medicinemanswoman is far from having any natural ring to it going. Whatever happened to "My brown Eyed Girl"??? I highly doubt that was her dad singing it to her....least I seriously hope it wasn't.

As far as blog posts coming and going...I just figured I'd mess with you a bit to see how long it took you to figure out I know you're there. :P

Well, I believe that final bit just about as much as I believe that the Unusual Maiden couldn't come back to the thread she started because she was too busy having sex.

Due to the fact that I don't read long posts, I am going off your pictures and know nothing about you other than you have a bunch of kids and you don't seem to watch them really well. Seriously, don't let your small children climb shelves and stand on folding chairs.

I'm also impressed with you getting back in shape. Good for you.

Why exactly were all the kids strapped in carseats for that picture?

I have a question about budgeting with such a large family. We have P90X and I do crossfit as well. It's a blast! But it's also super expensive. I feel like I'm always trying to balance stuff that I really want to do for me (crossfit) with stuff my husband and the kids want to do. With so many kids, how do you find a balance between everyone needs and wants?

As for kids climbing things....I'm not in this to watch my kids kill themselves....really. If you look closely you can see the size 14 shoes and his legs from where my 14 year old was sitting on the dining table ready to catch him. I'm a bit exasperated with all that they do. We've had entirely mild kids that are just content to play where all the action is taking place and then we've had kids like this....who defy any and all sense of safety. These two are by far the most challenging yet. Our 3rd was the only other one to do any amount of stunts like these two do...but she was just one kid...and didn't have a twin tagging along. It astounds me what all they not only can do but will do without fearing for their life. Daredevil babies. Soo....as my exasperation hit its peak one day I started to journal it in pics. We discover a new ability they've acquired so somebody goes to their aid and I take pics. I know I won't remember half of this stuff when they are older and pictures are the next best thing to being able to capture what life was truly like as each one grew....the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have learned over the years that it is absolutely impossible to child proof everything. That pic of him holding the doorknob cover in his hands was no joke. So then we duck taped it together around the knobs. They figured out a way around that. We now lock spaces from the inside of the rooms so they cannot "break in". Bathroom doors stay locked due to the fact they can climb into tub and turn on shower water...as they stand in tub fully clothed. It's a pain in the butt to have everything locked all the time but it is what it is for now. This too shall pass. Our older set of twins were nothing like this. The pic of him climbing the shelving racks....my 11 year old was standing near, ready for the fall. All folding chairs around our table get folded and stacked on table....most days :)....but they now can use upper body strength and pull themselves up with their hook-on table highchairs. Using that as leverage they swing themselves onto tabletop and march around on the table...or just pour out everything still sitting on it. Both boys are highly driven little people. We childproof what we can...and what we can't....one amazing thing about a house this small.....there are always eyes around to peel them off of whatever new thing they have seen fit to get up and over. Thus the picture story of life right now as we know it with two babies that do not stay out of anything....ever.

Working out...I began a hard core routine after our 2nd trimester miscarriage. It was a way I found to escape the pain of what all took place in the year of '09. What I didn't expect was to fall in love with the endorphin dump so much. I don't love the act of working out....but I love the results and how I feel after a workout. It improves my outlook on all of life...makes me a better wife and parent and clears both head and heart. Right now the only way i can get it done is rising early. I joined a 30 day challenge group...still have to blog about that....haven't had time...but am doing the first 30 days of Insanity along with following the Paleo eating plan, as closely as possible. I've done Weight Watchers successfully in the past but it got to a point that I'd plateau and after the birth of #7 I just wasn't getting hardly any results anymore. I got seriously frustrated with it all. There's a post on the blog somewhere about my weighty past and how I struggled with weight early in life. In my teens and early 20's I weighed 200 lbs. I don't ever want to go back to that so I'm pretty disciplined about losing it and I grow easily frustrated when it doesn't come off. That said, I've found working out to be therapeutic and it beat WW by a long shot. So, I get up early right now and get it over with in the morning. On pretty days I'll go run while kids ride bikes. Being in NC now we hike a LOT. At least once a week. Where we were in rural west Texas there was NO where to go. Dusty dirt roads and miles of lone Texas highways. The highways made for great running but nothing hiking related existed. Being here is amazing. The places to go are endless.

Anyway...I've found the Paleo plan paired with some daily hard core workout to be the only thing that really helps me drop the weight. Everybody benefits though...I'm a much better mom, feel good about myself and it's time for me to gather myself before everybody starts waking up needing crap. It does take some heavy duty discipline though. There is not a morning I get out of bed to knock out the workout of the day that I don't wish I could stay in bed and just sleep. But I know the rewards are greater than just laying there doing nothing...so I just make myself do it.

Forgot the carseat pic answer.....we had to strip the van and detick it due to an infestation. I washed all the covers and cleaned carseats while we treated the van. Every time carseats come out I take a picture of everybody in them cause it looks so ridiculous to me....and it's a good way to get them all in one spot at the same time. :) Only the insane have 8 kids in carseats and it just looks ridiculous but makes for some pretty funny pics. Half the fun of blogging is journaling life in pictures and this is the reality of life right now as we know it. It's pretty entertaining and gets some laughs.

Archived