IGNORED

Steve, Steve, Steve! You Have Done it Again!

princessjo1988

Tract, not track, Steve.

I was also surprised by his non-condemnation of Mayday.

I noticed he prefers Resurrection Sunday over Easter and I can guess why. I do wonder if he has ever eaten hot cross buns.

Does his wife decorate for the different holidays and seasons, like harvest and Christmas? They could celebrate spring with eggs and bunnies and lambs and completely be in line with their god doing so. Spring, a celebration of New Life!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one on earth has done more to drive people away from Christ than Steve Maxwell. On judgement day, I would rather have to explain chocolate bunnies than complete arrogance, abuse of my family, and lifting myself up as a false idol.

Co & Sign. If I were Jesus I would not want Steve Maxwell (mis)representing me to others and making them think that they have to lead lives completely devoid of joy just to be one of my followers. I'm sure that on judgement day Steve will get very many "How dare you(s)?!" about the way he's chosen to misrepresent the gospel and essentially become a pharisee in his own right. How dare Steve comdemn people to Judgement Day (and hell) because they dared to have fun on Easter Day! He needs to be concerned that the punishments he is wishing on others don't get turned back on him.

For those of you who composed well thought out comments that did not make Steven's cut: Hopefully Nathan and Christopher are modding the comments. Your well reasoned words may give those two the tools they need to make a break with the crazy that is their father.

Tract, not track, Steve.

I was also surprised by his non-condemnation of Mayday.

I noticed he prefers Resurrection Sunday over Easter and I can guess why. I do wonder if he has ever eaten hot cross buns.

Does his wife decorate for the different holidays and seasons, like harvest and Christmas? They could celebrate spring with eggs and bunnies and lambs and completely be in line with their god doing so. Spring, a celebration of New Life!

Yes, the Maxwells do decorate for Xmas. They've gotten rid of the tree, and obviously have no Santa imagery, but they put up greenery (with red accents even!) and little lights, and have some religious themed ornaments that they hang on their greenery over the mantel and whatnot. They have a nativity set on the mantel too, naturally.

Which reminds me, I've seen plenty of Xmas trees with nativity sets set up underneath (think like those people who put a train set under there, but it's a nativity set), and I have also seen plenty of religious Xmas ornaments. My neighbor has balsa-wood cutout ornaments that his kids painted (in five year old style!) that are all the characters from the nativity story, so Mary, baby Jesus, Joseph, shepherds, etc.

Online I know another family who decided long ago that Xmas isn't a religious holiday because it's not in the Bible as a festival, and they have friends who don't celebrate it for the same reason. That family decided to eliminate RELIGIOUS Xmas (with trappings) and just do the full on secular thing, with red and green and candy canes and Santa, as a secular family party, and then study the religious story separately, the next Sunday or whenever.

So yeah, there are ways. If the Maxwells did Easter the same as they did Xmas, I'd expect them to not bother with the Easter Bunny as a character, but be fine with eggs as symbols of new life, and get into the pastel colored flowers, possibly dye eggs with Bible verses on 'em. Hey - there's a game for you. Dye up eggs, and glue a verse (number only) on each one. As a kid finds it, see if he/she can recite the verse, or get candy for doing it, or something. Or try to find the eggs in order? Or use plastic eggs. Put candy and the full text of the verse on the inside, possibly with a picture. Kid finds egg, finds a piece of the story.

I wonder if the Maxwells like Easter lilies?

I suppose they could put on passion plays...

Yes, the Maxwells do decorate for Xmas. They've gotten rid of the tree, and obviously have no Santa imagery, but they put up greenery (with red accents even!) and little lights, and have some religious themed ornaments that they hang on their greenery over the mantel and whatnot. They have a nativity set on the mantel too, naturally.

Interestingly enough, I've seen quite a lot of books on Wicca which offer branches of greenery put around the house as decoration for Yule.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, stevie.

His "reasoning" that they do Christmas presents and decorate, but don't bring Santa into it, still does not make sense to me.

So they can't do Easter with candy and decorations with out bringing the Bunny into it? Why not?

ETA: Yes, I always thought the greenery was a leftover from Yule celebrations. Yet the Maxwells do that. They also go look at lights their neighbors have up.

I'm glad they do these things, as it hopefully brings some fun into their lives, but why is this ok and Easter bad?

His "reasoning" that they do Christmas presents and decorate, but don't bring Santa into it, still does not make sense to me.

So they can't do Easter with candy and decorations with out bringing the Bunny into it? Why not?

ETA: Yes, I always thought the greenery was a leftover from Yule celebrations. Yet the Maxwells do that. They also go look at lights their neighbors have up.

I'm glad they do these things, as it hopefully brings some fun into their lives, but why is this ok and Easter bad?

I haven't the faintest but I suspect logic doesn't enter into it. Probably Steve-O had some fond memories of Xmas and baking cookies and giving gifts (and gingerbread houses, maybe!) but for whatever reason didn't have so many memories into adulthood of loving Easter.

So he rationalized the things he wanted to keep, and happily tossed the rest. That's gotta be at least half of the realpolitik.

Add to that though, their cookie baking at Xmas is tied to proselytizing (they pass those baskets out with tracts). So surely to him that makes it a sort of rescuing some sort of value out of an otherwise pointless thing.

The Maxwells' big thing is doing everything (absolutely EVERYTHING) together as a family, the parents right there with the kids. So you'd think they could do a family-only egg hunt. They certainly have enough kids, plenty of families do that at home with only 2 kids even. But their other big thing is "don't only not sin, but you have to be actively doing work for Jesus 24/7 or moving toward your goals of doing that." So the tracts would qualify. Giving gifts that come with preaching would be okay too. But the eggs... they'd have to maybe pass them out to neighbors with tracts, but in the US that's not so much a thing, is it? Passing out Easter baskets?

But a passion play, I could see them doing, if they had an audience for it.

I like how he says Nathan is responsible for "his girls". Yeah, right.... We ALL know who is in charge of THAT family....

Wouldn't you just love to be there if one of Steve's "children" ever made a decision contrary to Daddy's will? Can you just imagine Steve's face as Nathan tells him that his little girls are going to receive Easter baskets or visist Santa?

I am pretty sure none of the Maxwell girls will ever marry, or not for a long time. Steve can control Nathan and Christopher even as they are "heads" of their own families now but, unless he succeeds in finding a son-in-law as totally insane as he is, he wouldn't have as much control over what his daughters do once they are no longer under his authority. Indeed, if one of the girls married a guy who decided a few chocolate eggs on Easter WERE NOT a direct ticket to hell, not only couldn't Steve say anything, but neither could the girls. I mean, in that family, Teri can't even remind Steve to get pizza for dinner, can you imagine any of those girls even suggesting to a husband that maybe they shouldn't do chocolate eggs? Ironically, the fact that he has created such passive, obedient, subservient, naive robots for daughters might actually be what ends up putting some cracks in his hold over them...if he ever lets them get married, that is.

Agree that it will be a cold day in hell warm day in heaven when Steve's daughters marry. Seems doubtful that it will happen in his lifetime.

Steve - we know you read here. Please open your eyes & see how destructive you have been in your quest for absolute control over your family. It's not too late - you can repent, admit your wrongdoing, and work to restore free agency & will to all your family members, so they are as God created them to be. He didn't create them to be your slaves or clones, thinking, believing, and doing only as you direct.

You can bring something good out of all the years you've blighted your children's youth and your wife's joy in life. Please, Steve. The Lord would want you to do this.

Interesting to note that Steve has only approved three comment to his Bunnies and Baskets condemnation. I imagine many more were posted but deemed evil.

Mine got rejected. All I 'said' was:

Luke 18:9-14

New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.â€

I even posted it in KJV.

Tsk tsk, Steve, rejecting God's word!

Interesting to note that Steve has only approved three comment to his Bunnies and Baskets condemnation. I imagine many more were posted but deemed evil.

Oh, you know he is fast at work reading all the comments and editing away at what he'll let through, and then preparing his responses. This is the true test of his manhood and beliefs -- never before has he been so challenged (at least in my opinion). He's PISSED OFF and he is ending his touring career and he's got to start softening his ways if he expects to stay afloat financially.

He's such an ass. I'm sure he's up late tonight preparing what will hit the blog on Monday. We all know they don't blog on Sundays. Because they are with the elderly.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, you know he is fast at work reading all the comments and editing away at what he'll let through, and then preparing his responses. This is the true test of his manhood and beliefs -- never before has he been so challenged (at least in my opinion). He's PISSED OFF and he is ending his touring career and he's got to start softening his ways if he expects to stay afloat financially.

He's such an ass. I'm sure he's up late tonight preparing what will hit the blog on Monday. We all know they don't blog on Sundays. Because they are with the elderly.

My heartfelt condolences to the "elderlY". By the way, what does he think they are-a petting zoo?

So anyway, I commented even though there is no hope of it going through!

Jo Peters says:

Long time reader – My husband, Justin, and I have often shared many pleasant evenings reading and gaining much encouragement from your messages!

However, after talking it over with my husband (and with our Heavenly Father), we felt led to share our concerns with this post – and with other recent posts.

We have a great deal of respect for your position – in fact, we share it ourselves – we also believe that certain days belong to the Lord, and should not be shared with ‘worldly consumerism’. But recently, we have noticed troubling prideful undertones in many of these posts – a pride in your ‘right’ actions over everyone else’s. (Matthew 23:12) We beg you to look at your heart, and reconsider the harsh, judgemental words you have posted here. Only the Lord has the right to judge, and we feel that at times (perhaps unknowingly), you have tried to carry out that judgement here on earth. Only God truly knows the heart of those that do choose to add the ‘bunnies and eggs’ into their Easter, and the heart is what matters to him, not outward appearance. Let us not forget that Jesus did sit down with prostitutes and sinners, and did not turn away from them.

Luke 6 says –

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

Matthew 7 says –

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

The Bible says that if one man is sinning or struggling in the faith, two or three are to come along, and to gently encourage the person involved back to the path of righteousness. We hope that we have both given you a little to ponder as you have often given us!

Justin and Jo.

Oh boy! :D Hehe, most fun I have had in ages!

princessjo-love your post but as steve reads FJ he will know your not a true reader and wont let the post through. damn him and his smug ways.

Oh yes, I know that, but I did submit it several hours ago, so I am not too worried.

And plus, he still has to read it! :D

Rofl.

So anyway, I commented even though there is no hope of it going through!

Jo Peters says:

Long time reader – My husband, Justin, and I have often shared many pleasant evenings reading and gaining much encouragement from your messages!

However, after talking it over with my husband (and with our Heavenly Father), we felt led to share our concerns with this post – and with other recent posts.

We have a great deal of respect for your position – in fact, we share it ourselves – we also believe that certain days belong to the Lord, and should not be shared with ‘worldly consumerism’. But recently, we have noticed troubling prideful undertones in many of these posts – a pride in your ‘right’ actions over everyone else’s. (Matthew 23:12) We beg you to look at your heart, and reconsider the harsh, judgemental words you have posted here. Only the Lord has the right to judge, and we feel that at times (perhaps unknowingly), you have tried to carry out that judgement here on earth. Only God truly knows the heart of those that do choose to add the ‘bunnies and eggs’ into their Easter, and the heart is what matters to him, not outward appearance. Let us not forget that Jesus did sit down with prostitutes and sinners, and did not turn away from them.

Luke 6 says –

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

Matthew 7 says –

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

The Bible says that if one man is sinning or struggling in the faith, two or three are to come along, and to gently encourage the person involved back to the path of righteousness. We hope that we have both given you a little to ponder as you have often given us!

Justin and Jo.

Oh boy! :D Hehe, most fun I have had in ages!

excellent! Stevie is a very conflicted soul.....

I'm about as far from the Maxwell's as you can get and yet I seem a lot happier with my life than Steve seems with his. He sounds like a man with weak character who lacks self-esteem. When you are comfortable with yourself and sure in your beliefs, you don't feel the need to control everyone around you.

I'm about as far from the Maxwell's as you can get and yet I seem a lot happier with my life than Steve seems with his. He sounds like a man with weak character who lacks self-esteem. When you are comfortable with yourself and sure in your beliefs, you don't feel the need to control everyone around you.

Yes. But where are you going when you die? It doesn't matter he's not happy now, he's going to heaven :snooty: (Unlike you, you heathen). :roll:

We all know Steve has daddy issues! His dad messed him up and so hes doing the same, just in a insane crazy way!

I just thought about this the other day; Nathan and Melanie live across the street, Christopher and NA Anna live down the road, and whoever gets married next will get Grandma and Grandpas house next door. You just know Steve has already put his name on the land title so he snatch it up the minute he can.

Hes so happy he can continue to rule and reign over everyone wether they are living at home or not!

We all know Steve has daddy issues! His dad messed him up and so hes doing the same, just in a insane crazy way!

I just thought about this the other day; Nathan and Melanie live across the street, Christopher and NA Anna live down the road, and whoever gets married next will get Grandma and Grandpas house next door. You just know Steve has already put his name on the land title so he snatch it up the minute he can.

Hes so happy he can continue to rule and reign over everyone wether they are living at home or not!

And this is one reason why I think the Maxwell gals have little chance of marrying. I think the only way Stevo-O will allow it is if he can find a headship that is willing to live on Maxwell Lane and work for Maxwell Inc. Aparetnly "leave and cleave" only has a 0.5 mile radius.

Archived