IGNORED

Steve, Steve, Steve! You Have Done it Again!

princessjo1988

Anyone read this yet?

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/04/13/bunnies-and-baskets/#respond

Ugh. Can I say violent thoughts may have crossed my mind upon reading this? It made me really, really angry. His self righteous, holier-than-thou attitude is so blind to the fact that he has just managed to undo any perceived steps towards a "fruitful life" gained through denying chocolate bunnies!

Steve Maxwell, you are a tool and a nutcase. And not only that, but you are an ABSOLUTE bastard to your family. Truly, I think a lot of people are going to be very relieved (secretly and not so secretly) when you shuffle off this mortal coil.

Steve if you read here, let me say one thing. It is not right to rule your family by fear (particularly fear of the outside world). And in the long run, your kids will hate and resent you openly, or at best (for you), be so afraid that they won't admit it. Your training hasn't worked so well, because you can't even trust your adult kids to have some autonomy in their own lives.

Steve seems to forget that Jesus' very first miracle was turning water into wine. Even Jesus appreciated fun/enjoyment and didn't think that life needed to be all drudgery. Yet Steve seems to think he's above Jesus. I know there's the whole fundie thing that "wine" was really "grape juice," but I have a feeling even grape juice is too much enjoyment for Steve.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone read this yet?

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/04/13/bunnies-and-baskets/#respond

Ugh. Can I say violent thoughts may have crossed my mind upon reading this? It made me really, really angry. His self righteous, holier-than-thou attitude is so blind to the fact that he has just managed to undo any perceived steps towards a "fruitful life" gained through denying chocolate bunnies!

Steve Maxwell, you are a tool and a nutcase. And not only that, but you are an ABSOLUTE bastard to your family. Truly, I think a lot of people are going to be very relieved (secretly and not so secretly) when you shuffle off this mortal coil.

Steve if you read here, let me say one thing. It is not right to rule your family by fear (particularly fear of the outside world). And in the long run, your kids will hate and resent you openly, or at best (for you), be so afraid that they won't admit it. Your training hasn't worked so well, because you can't even trust your adult kids to have some autonomy in their own lives.

Having an egg hunt for the family on Resurrection Sunday is similar to celebrating Mother’s Day by the family watching basketball, when Mom hates basketball.

Remember, folks: Jesus hates egg hunts!!!!

My sister the clinical social worker tells me that hyperreligiosity is a sign of several mental/emotional disorders.

Oh, and, Steve? JESUS HAD FRIENDS AND WENT TO PARTIES.

Another thought: Steve once admitted, "We aren't very imaginative." I believe he was referring to himself, and projecting his predilections onto the rest of his family. An unimaginative person tends to take everything literally, and has trouble with symbolic concepts. I wonder whether he's somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Another thought: Steve once admitted, "We aren't very imaginative." I believe he was referring to himself, and projecting his predilections onto the rest of his family. An unimaginative person tends to take everything literally, and has trouble with symbolic concepts. I wonder whether he's somewhere on the autism spectrum.

I very much believe this to be true. How easy was it for him, when he was uncomfortable in social situations (a trademark ASD trait) to decree that being a better Christian means that you don't have friends? When overwhelmed by TV and background noise, to rule out "the beast" and revelry?

My sister the clinical social worker tells me that hyperreligiosity is a sign of several mental/emotional disorders.

I read that quickly and thought it said he thought he was imaginative. I spit my water on my laptop with that lie. Glad to see I was wrong.

I HOPE John-Marie is reading this and heading for the hills.

I HOPE John-Marie is reading this and heading for the hills.

I hope John-Marie is snagging one of the girls and taking her to live with him somewhere in Normal Land.

As the placard at Gay Pride says; Jesus hung out with 12 guys and a prostitute!

In a way I do feel sorry for the Maxwell kids, but I sometimes get a smug vibe from Sarah. I recall she once made a comment about feeling sorry for public school kids. I don't feel sorry for public school kids, I feel sorry for her. A lot of 30 year olds who attended public school manage their own lives unlike Sarah. They have made friends on their own and the have fun.

Guest Anonymous

OT, but Google is turning up some good stuff tonight. There are the ToU for the Managers books and webpages: http://www.chorepacks.com/Information/TOU.aspx

It reads as though standard legal blurb has been taken over by the crazy:

WHO CAN USE THIS SITE?

This site is available for use only to single book owners of Managers of Their Chores. If two or more people have purchased one copy of Managers of Their Chores only one person's name will ever be able to use the downloads or the website. Managers of Their Chores entitles ONE person to use ChorePacks.com. No two or more people may use ChorePacks.com who own the same book - whether simultaneously or individually. NO SHARING OF USERNAME'S IS ALLOWED! It is a violation of website copyright to do this. Library book users are excluded from the use of this website.

NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE

As a condition of your use of Resources and Services, you will not use them for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair Manager’s server, or the network(s) connected to Manager’s server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to Manager’s server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. In other words, “Thou shalt not steal.â€

Conditions specific to the reprint of Mom’s and Dad’s Corners

The Mom’s and Dad’s Corners may not be posted on any web site however, you are granted permission to reprint and distribute them via email or printed matter if you will comply with our two requests. First, that they not be distributed via any email loop that offers an adult section on their website. Second that they would not be edited at all (to include shortening) and the appropriate tag lines from below must appear following the article.

Mom’s Corner Tag-Line:

Dad’s Corner Tag-Line:

I'm sure I've somehow managed to violate some laws of the crazy by buying that book on eBay. But there's no way I'd get it from the source.

Did I mention it has wine stains in it? :D

Also it's pretty rich that he is against anyone shortening his writing when forwarding, considering how he runs message boards editing posts (and leaving the signatures!!) willy nilly.

And with all that disclaimer shit, does anyone think Stevie hired an attorney to help him with the rules? Steve, copyright laws are copyright laws, but anyone can copy and paste and distribute, and that's the risk you run in producing written materials. Are you really going to spend the time and money to track people down and sue them for sharing your dumb books? Maybe it's time to move on to other endeavors. Really.

In a way I do feel sorry for the Maxwell kids, but I sometimes get a smug vibe from Sarah. I recall she once made a comment about feeling sorry for public school kids. I don't feel sorry for public school kids, I feel sorry for her. A lot of 30 year olds who attended public school manage their own lives unlike Sarah. They have made friends on their own and the have fun.

I get that same vibe from Sarah. She seems like the female version of Smuggar. Except she's never even had the opportunity to have hand sex (or any other sex for that matter) or have some homeschool friends. At least J'Boob and J'Uterus let the J'Slaves have some homeschool friends and play broomball. They have Cousin Oliver and Aunt Deanna and Grandma Duggar. I think their family is allowed to come visit whenever and they can all come to visit at the same time.

I'm sure I've somehow managed to violate some laws of the crazy by buying that book on eBay. But there's no way I'd get it from the source.

Did I mention it has wine stains in it? :D

Also it's pretty rich that he is against anyone shortening his writing when forwarding, considering how he runs message boards editing posts (and leaving the signatures!!) willy nilly.

gardenvarietycitizen, thanks for posting quotes from the "Hearts" book. They are even crazier in their books than they are in the monthly Corners, if that's possible!

Would you consider starting a thread just devoted to the nuttier quotes? Which, come to think of it, is probably the whole book.

Go, Amanda! :D

I love that Steve 'asked a number of people' to read his blog before posting. As if any one of them has not had dissent beaten right out of them...

Um, wow. I did not expect him to actually publish that. I thought the first sentence might just get him to actually read it before deleting.

Also, hi. Long time lurker and all of that.

The Duggar girls have written lists of essential characteristics they will look for in a potential husband. (Michelle talks about it in 'A Love that Multiplies' but as I have the audiobook, I can't give you a page number.) I remember one of them being that they didn't want a husband who had any hobbies.

I imagine the Maxwell girls have done something very similar with Daddy. I can imagine Steve & Sarah sitting down together and writing a list of everything the husband must be then, when a man turns up, sitting down together and comparing him to the list. If he doesn't match up to ever point on the list then he obviously isn't the one God intended. Unlikely that any real man would ever match up to a fantasy man.

Guest Anonymous
The Duggar girls have written lists of essential characteristics they will look for in a potential husband. (Michelle talks about it in 'A Love that Multiplies' but as I have the audiobook, I can't give you a page number.) I remember one of them being that they didn't want a husband who had any hobbies.

I don't get why these people set out to have the most boring and miserable existences possible. I guess geocaching as a family is of the devil. Not to mention building models, or playing soccer, or gardening. Or ... *ominous music* ... online gaming!

I can't help but think that if two people don't have any shared interests except the Bible and popping out kids they're going to be sick of each other pretty quickly.

....coming in really late to this because, well, I'm still pondering the proclamation that "Christianity is not a democracy."

What *is* it, then?

Who even *thinks* about what form of government is/not their religion?

Steve so weird.

....coming in really late to this because, well, I'm still pondering the proclamation that "Christianity is not a democracy."

What *is* it, then?

Who even *thinks* about what form of government is/not their religion?

Steve so weird.

Don't ya know?! God tells Stevie what to "do", :pray: and he tells the rest of us! :lol: :doh:

Guest Anonymous

Um, wow. I did not expect him to actually publish that. I thought the first sentence might just get him to actually read it before deleting.

Also, hi. Long time lurker and all of that.

Welcome to FJ, "Amanda".... great first post! :D

I don't get why these people set out to have the most boring and miserable existences possible. I guess geocaching as a family is of the devil. Not to mention building models, or playing soccer, or gardening. Or ... *ominous music* ... online gaming!

I can't help but think that if two people don't have any shared interests except the Bible and popping out kids they're going to be sick of each other pretty quickly.

From my experience, it is boring. While in college (conservative Christian, not fundy one), I dated a guy who turned out to have no real interests other than Bible study. He was a seminary student so at first I figured that it simply went along with his school studies, but after dating a while I found he had no interests, no hobbies, nothing, at all. Just Bible reading. Nothing wrong with that but as someone with my own hobbies, I couldn't understand just having nothing else. He wanted to get married and while I really cared for him, I couldn't do it because I just saw a bleak, boring life ahead of me.

Looking back, it was one of my best life decisions. I would have gotten so sick of that life, I would have divorced him for sure.

Archived