IGNORED

Steve, Steve, Steve! You Have Done it Again!

princessjo1988

It strikes me that over time he seems to have gotten more and more extreme - particularly as his kids marry off - it is like he worries about losing control, and so, just gets more and more restrictive. I hope that at some stage the natural instincts to be independent kick in with some of those kids (and adults) - that he hasn't screwed them up so badly that they have lost the capability to be fully functioning members of society.

And yes, AnnieC, I am back! I had a wonderful time, and got to meet a few FJians. :D Best part of my trip! We didn't get as far as we had thought, so I did sadly miss out on a few FJians. And yes, I am planning on coming back, so that I DO get to meet them!

I got to play tour guide and then flake out on something else :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Duggar girls have written lists of essential characteristics they will look for in a potential husband. (Michelle talks about it in 'A Love that Multiplies' but as I have the audiobook, I can't give you a page number.) I remember one of them being that they didn't want a husband who had any hobbies.

So if a guy likes to work in the yard and grow vegetables and flowers he is out as a potential mate? Or is handy like JD? Couldn't being mechanical be considered a hobby? Why is a hobby so bad? It could take time away from the family, but some are very helpful. My husband can fix things, build things, works in the yard and these activites benefit us. So what if he spends an entire Saturday fixing a motor and enjoys it? Cheaper to have him do it than to pay someone.

I'm sure I've somehow managed to violate some laws of the crazy by buying that book on eBay. But there's no way I'd get it from the source.

Did I mention it has wine stains in it? :D

I bought mine used from Amazon. No wine stains, though. Not even grape juice.

I would have thought that music would be what some would call a hobby such as the J'slaves scraping on their violins :violin: or the Maxwell's "MB". Another example of a hobby was the classic Maxwell Art and Craft day when Stevie let the children have the paints and crayon's out with their 'friends': :lol: titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/01/10/things/

The J'Slaves are morons. Their violin scraping is definitely a hobby. Like Lissar, I don't get why some fundies set out to live very boring lives. The Duggars at least have fun here and there. The Maxwells seem really boring. The only time they seem to have fun is when they are cooking.

I would have thought that music would be what some would call a hobby such as the J'slaves scraping on their violins :violin: or the Maxwell's "MB". Another example of a hobby was the classic Maxwell Art and Craft day when Stevie let the children have the paints and crayon's out with their 'friends': :lol: titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/01/10/things/

Yeah but you can use music for proselytizing (making music for your home or nursing home churches, holding conferences, releasing religious-only CDs). So it can count toward advancing their various "goals," and gets a pass.

I bought mine used from Amazon. No wine stains, though. Not even grape juice.

We're halfway to libraries, or something, surely!

Santa - bring gifts.

Easter bunny - brings chocolates

Christian fundie god - knows all people are sinners and will die in hell.

I know which fictional character I'd rather my kids believed in.

Archived