IGNORED

Steve, Steve, Steve! You Have Done it Again!

princessjo1988

I posted a response under "Johannah"

It's currently being moderated, but at least they have to read it before they delete it. Here's what I wrote:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

April 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I remember reading your blog at Christmas time when your family posted pictures of your ginger bread village, and it is with all sincerity that I ask my question. If you are setting a precedent of no baskets or bunnies and focusing all on Jesus’ resurrection on Easter/Resurrection Sunday, how is allowing things like Christmas decorations and making gingerbread villages help focus on Jesus’ birth? Even with no Santa Claus, these are things that can take away the focus from celebrating Jesus’ birth if baskets and bunnies are source of distraction from Jesus’ resurrection.

I, myself hunted Easter eggs as a child. My memories of this are good. It was a fun time with family dying the hard-boiled eggs and then hunting them the next morning. And that is how it is in my mind–a heart-warming memory of spending time with my family. These memories never did and could never over-ride my knowledge and daily remembrance of what Jesus did for me on the cross and rising from the dead, offering me the free gift of salvation by grace through faith. While Easter Sunday is an official day set aside to remember this, I can’t help but remember it daily. Jesus’ work on Resurrection Sunday is incorporated into every aspect of my life, and I feel that sharing this with others out of an overflow of my heart could never be overshadowed by bunnies and baskets.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that when I reread it. Right, one could put a tract (isn't Steve's spelling wrong?) in a May Day basket but why? And candy? Hello Steve, May Day baskets are for flowers. God made flowers and told us to love our neighbors as ourselves so I'm sure He'd approve of May Day baskets.

Is it wrong to have any fun in life?

He still didn't answer my question about the difference between eggs and a basket on Easter and his family making a gingerbread house at Christmas time. I posted that here days ago in the other Easter/Maxwell thread and made the comment on his blog that same day. He never posts my comments. I wonder if he read that thread.

A polite version of saying fuck you.

That was my thought exactly when I read it. I can just see his sneer and detect his blood boiling. He doesn't hide his passive-aggressiveness very well and you can bet he was raging when he wrote that.

Why can't Nathan grow a pair and decide how to celebrate Easter with his own family? Wonder if they give the kiddies "Spring Eggs"?

Nathan is responsible for whether his girls receive bunnies, and baskets, and I’m pleased they didn’t for reasons mentioned here.

Guess I got an answer from Steve Almighty. At least he was honest in saying that Nathan is responsible for how he raises his girls. No mention of Melanie.

Guest Anonymous

I feel like calling my mom and dad and thanking them for allowing me to have a fun childhood as a kid. There is no joy in the Maxwell's lives and I find this just really sad.

Seriously? You can't have both eggs and Jesus? Tell that to my nine year old who talked about Jesus while we were dying eggs, the kid who drew pictures from the story on some of them...the donkey, the palms, empty tomb, Jesus alive!

Tell that to my kid who will tell you right away that Easter is for Jesus....she will mention that before eggs and such. Same with Christmas.

Steve is a douche.

PS... when my Daughter was three, we were dying eggs and my MIL asked her what the eggs meant. She thought and said 'new life Jesus gives.' Nothing we told her, something she came up with all on her own. so suck it, Maxwells!

oh, and?

Notice we didn’t condemn those who choose to do baskets and bunnies. That is not for us to do, but each will give account for their actions — even every idle word. “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment†(Matthew 12:36).

Jesus hates liars, Steve....more than he 'hates' bunnies and eggs. Smug assholes rank up there, too.

All I have to say is, this fits right in with his books - the one I'm reading now is from 2004 but it fits right in line, though I agree with others he seems to clench the sphincter tighter with each passing year.

Thanks for people asking about the gingerbread house - I'd ask but probably can't come off as convincing.

This is an excellent turn for the blog though - more of this please!! Far more fascinating than the usual, and no need to shop eBay...

Wow that forum must have been as fun as a rectal exam.

The forum was actually pretty fun because lots of sinful posts would get through before they were deleted. Sarah moderated and wasn't aware of just how many and which topics were off limits. For example, a post mentioning a colored egg might be up for hours and people reply to it before Mom or Dad Maxwell took it down and warned everyone about their ungodly behavior. Another no-no was mentioning any home management system other than MOTH, the biblically approved home management system. Sarah was eventually taken off moderator duty so she wouldn't be corrupted and the ship was tightened up. I actually missed it a lot when they took the whole thing down. Many of the women on there were quite honest about their struggles and some difficult stories were allowed in the beginning. So, yeah, the Max's (i.e. Steve) have definitely gotten stricter.

Has Steve ever shared a "Testimony"? I would like to red that.

Surprised he let the comment about Nathan growing a pair through.

Another no-no was mentioning any home management system other than MOTH, the biblically approved home management system.

I was never a member of any of their forums, but I DO remember this, if only second hand. A while ago I went on a big Maxwell/MOTH google binge (including wayback machine!) and there are places on the internet where users of MOTH have discussed MOTH without those places being under Steve-O's thumb.

And yeah, they complained about that moderation policy. Not only could you not say you used some other system, you couldn't even talk about using some other system IN ADDITION TO the MOTH system. Posts of "I love MOTH, and find that [some other product] lets me leverage even better, let me tell you how" were forbidden and this pissed many people off.

Add to that, they wouldn't only remove offending posts entirely like most sane message boards do. No, they'd just reword people's posts to remove offending PARTS of the content, potentially making the stuff that's left mean entirely opposite of what the author intended, and then leave the signatures on! Lots of (well deserved, IMHO) hate for that terrible practice. So someone would be left owning words they'd never said, with no way to fix it because any reference to the original would also be edited out, and it wasn't permitted for any posters to give information that would allow them to contact each other off of the forum.

Complete craziness, as least as people described it.

Yes, they did that to me several times! I was a "baby Christian" at the time, and really trying hard to do the "right" thing. I would say they pretty much ran me away from their brand of fundy by doing that with no explanation. Way to go, Steve! Your reward will be great! :roll:

I do feel kind of bad to think that maybe now the kids will never get to do a gingerbread town again. :oops:

No one on earth has done more to drive people away from Christ than Steve Maxwell. On judgement day, I would rather have to explain chocolate bunnies than complete arrogance, abuse of my family, and lifting myself up as a false idol.

Surprised he let the comment about Nathan growing a pair through.

Sorry, should have specified. I kept sweet on his blog and asked if the girls would have an Easter Egg Hunt, but posted here about Nathan growing a pair. Steve, then, included the Nathan statement in his Evil Easter Egg post.

Well, my comment didn't get approved :roll:

Should I attempt another post about why my post got deleted? I could make comments about how obviously, I made an argument he couldn't refute; and by leaving my comment without a convincing reply, he might expose the gaping hole in his sadistic belief system.

Let me start out by saying that the family picture at the top looks like something out of pet cemetery.

Second, I can think of quite a few verses in the bible that talk about being Joyful.

Third, I think that God has a sense of humor. Proof can be found all around just look at children, platypuses, giraffes and penises.

I particularly like the fact he won't judge others for the way they choose to celebrate Easter but.....we will all have to explain ourselves on judgement day. Hey Stevie, that sounds a lot like you are judging me.

Rabbits and eggs were never a big part of my Easter as a child. We did some colourings of the Easter bunny school, usually got an egg from the teacher but nothing at home. Easter was a religious festival and that was how we celebrated it. I never felt that I missed anything. The difference between my family and the Maxwells is that my parents didn't deny us a secular Easter. (I remember buying Easter eggs with my pocket money and the benefit of Orthodox Christianity is that Easter is usually later so the eggs are discounted.) I wonder, with Steve teaching them constantly about how bad everything is, if he doesn't make it all look more tempting. His children might believe him but I bet the grandkids won't.

One of my friends (mormon) decided that the secular easter was over shadowing the Jesus part of the holiday. So, her family talked about it. They decided to do the secular easter stuff on Saturday and the religious easter stuff on Sunday. Mormons dont focus on lent and the whole journey to the crucifixion the way other religions do. They dye eggs, have easter baskets, have a big family dinner, and do an egg hunt. I thought that this was a great compromise. It allows the family to celebrate both parts of the holiday.

I do see some people turning easter into a second christmas. All of the kids get some big gift, a few small gifts, and lots of candy. That is a different matter entirely. I think that comes from the helicopter parents.

Sorry, should have specified. I kept sweet on his blog and asked if the girls would have an Easter Egg Hunt, but posted here about Nathan growing a pair. Steve, then, included the Nathan statement in his Evil Easter Egg post.

Steve probably didn't know what you meant when you wrote about Nathan growing a pair.

I agree with a couple of previous posters that Steve and the Maxwell clan remind me of Jonestown.

Cars aren't mentioned in the bible. We should all ride around on camels.

This is what I say to (Jewish) people who tell me that married women must cover their hair based on a passage that implies they did so in the desert.

I am almost completely certain that my comment wont get through moderation, but I figured I may as well try. Just in case it doesn't, this is what I responded with:

I find this a very limiting way of looking at the world. God never once forbade the act of having fun. And what better way to keep a day holy than to enjoy the life he gave you?

If you don’t want your children to be impatiently waiting for the egg hunt after church, do it before hand. That’s what my parents always did. Easter morning, we received our small baskets with various treats and either immediately after, yet still before church, or the day before, we would have the egg hunt.

Plus, egg hunts and other activities are a good way to meet others. I made many friends at the countless egg hunts I did as a child. And that’s another way to keep a day holy: not just celebrate the life that god gave you, but celebrate the life god gave others.

I agree that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren’t great characters to have around as they stand, but I’ve found other variants that work really well. This is my favorite version of Santa: http://thesantastory.com/santa_story_testimonials.htm . And my favorite version of the EB is very similar. When I was younger, each of the 14 “grandkids†(those in my generation) created a basket for one of the other 14 (each of us was given a person, so no person got multiples and left another person without a basket), then we hid the baskets around the house/property. It was not only a fun way to celebrate the holiday, but it gave us the ability to celebrate the bond we had with each other and to find a way to honor the person. Which, I truly believe is what god want from people when he asks them to keep a day holy. I’m certain that god would much rather us enjoy what he’s given us, and show that appreciation, than to turn up our noses at the opportunity because it might, somehow, infringe upon honoring him.

As long as your day is spent celebrating life, celebrating others, and acting in a respectful manner, what harm is there in having a celebration that revolves around rather ridiculous traditions.

Oh, and for the record, Halloween is not meant to be a day of celebrating the evil beings. The tradition of Halloween was started to ward off the evil creatures. It was believed that on the night before All Saint’s Day, the evil creatures would go forth into towns, looking to cause mayhem and people to stray from their faith. By dressing and acting as imps and other evil creatures, the people of the town hoped they would be able to convince those with evil intentions that the town was already controlled by evil forces, so the evil creatures would move on to the next town. Sure, we’ve lost that meaning over the years, but that doesn’t mean that the holiday is evil.

I also posted a comment about Santa Claus but refered him to the 4th century saint. Tried to word it nicely and will be interested to see if he replies.

Archived