IGNORED

Steve, Steve, Steve! You Have Done it Again!

princessjo1988

Anyone read this yet?

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/04/13/bunnies-and-baskets/#respond

Ugh. Can I say violent thoughts may have crossed my mind upon reading this? It made me really, really angry. His self righteous, holier-than-thou attitude is so blind to the fact that he has just managed to undo any perceived steps towards a "fruitful life" gained through denying chocolate bunnies!

Steve Maxwell, you are a tool and a nutcase. And not only that, but you are an ABSOLUTE bastard to your family. Truly, I think a lot of people are going to be very relieved (secretly and not so secretly) when you shuffle off this mortal coil.

Steve if you read here, let me say one thing. It is not right to rule your family by fear (particularly fear of the outside world). And in the long run, your kids will hate and resent you openly, or at best (for you), be so afraid that they won't admit it. Your training hasn't worked so well, because you can't even trust your adult kids to have some autonomy in their own lives.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Tsk, tsk... you need to develop a more teachable spirit, Jo.... :naughty:

(BTW... good to see you back from your Road Trip - did you have a good time? Any news? :) )

What a joy-robbing jerk. Are they ever allowed any small pleasures in life?

BTW, our church has an egg hunt Easter Sunday afternoon every year. Shocking! We allow the kids to have some fun so they have fond memories of church. Being Christian doesn't mean sucking every ounce of joy out of life. If he only knew what he doesn't know.

Steve is a very weak man. He has no confidence that he or any member of his family will choose to do the "right" thing. I like how he says Nathan is responsible for "his girls". Yeah, right.... We ALL know who is in charge of THAT family....

Steve is a very weak man. He has no confidence that he or any member of his family will choose to do the "right" thing. I like how he says Nathan is responsible for "his girls". Yeah, right.... We ALL know who is in charge of THAT family....

Yes, that. He has zero confidence and is terrified that he has not chosen the right path or done the right things. The only way he can keep that doubt and fear at bay is to force his family to be exactly as he says. Power in numbers, as far as he is concerned. Exactly how cults work in the rest of the world.

He's a sick, weak, pathetic little man.

I have always said that Steve-O encourages his family to worship him. He controls everything about their lives and says it is for G-d. No, I don't think so.

Steve is the Maxwell G-d.

What an arrogant asshat.

Christianity is not a democracy, and if millions of “devout†Christians exercise their faith in a particular way, it doesn’t necessarily make it pleasing to the Lord.

I watched Pollyanna on TV last weekend. The scene with where she reminds the "fire and brimstone" preacher about how many happy verses there are in the Bible made me think of Steve. Someone needs to remind Steve about all the happy verses in the Bible.

It strikes me that over time he seems to have gotten more and more extreme - particularly as his kids marry off - it is like he worries about losing control, and so, just gets more and more restrictive. I hope that at some stage the natural instincts to be independent kick in with some of those kids (and adults) - that he hasn't screwed them up so badly that they have lost the capability to be fully functioning members of society.

And yes, AnnieC, I am back! I had a wonderful time, and got to meet a few FJians. :D Best part of my trip! We didn't get as far as we had thought, so I did sadly miss out on a few FJians. And yes, I am planning on coming back, so that I DO get to meet them!

Cars aren't mentioned in the bible. We should all ride around on camels.

And I'd certainly be willing to follow anyone who could turn water into wine.

Clearly this man is a boob...it's not o.k. to give baskets on Easter, but it is o.k. to give them on May Day, which, if I remember correctly, is TOTALLY pagan. And the part about his kids remembering better a "Resurrection Sunday" spent discussing Jesus than one with baskets???? He knows beans about kids. Finally, why does he call it Resurrection Sunday? Isn't EVERY Sunday a celebration of the resurrection? It's Easter. Again, he's a boob.

I've said it before and recently the crap with my family makes this good timing. For all the suckage of my growing up and present life and family relationships, I will get on my knees and thank the Universe for the family I have. I could have been born in Steve-land and that, my friends, would have been hell on earth. For all I had and have to cope with because of my family, I always - always - had choices of my own. Usually too many, but I'll take too many over none.

Asshat. But, thanks, Steve. You always manage to make me grateful for the life I was born to and the people who are my family.

And I'd certainly be willing to follow anyone who could turn water into wine.

It was grape juice. I mean, Jesus letting people drink alcohol and not only that, but making it too? Not possible.

My favourite verse is in Luke, the one of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector. Jesus himself tells us that any man who thinks he is somehow better than another is truly not any better.

Steve needs to realize his self-righteous attitude will not make him any better in the eyes of God than any "ordinary" person.

I think when his children and grandchildren are 80 they will look back on their childhoods with hate, anger and a huge sense of loss.

Steve's post sent me right to the half-off chocolate and peanut butter eggs I bought from Albertsons. I will eat them in honor of Steve.

Steve is obviously getting more extreme and I am starting to think that this is because he is trying to convince himself that this is the right path. It's getting to the point that he has to triple twist everything to even get near what would be a valid point in his mind. Next he will probably post that all chocolate is sinful because it is so enjoyable.

Steve has been forcing his family to follow this rightous path and yet it doesn't really seem to be paying off. He must be wondering why. Sarah doesn't have a courtship in sight, they don't seem to be booked for many conferences anymore, no one wants to take his son's Christian computer course and that bus is always breaking down. I am sure they are struggling financially. His extremism has backed him and his family into a corner. No man can really ever court Sarah because he will never fulfill Steve's standards, i.,e. he isn't Steve Maxwell. He has become so extreme that I think he scares off the other fundies. Most don't care if their kids have fun, they just want it to be fundy style.

Steve is not only his family's world, he has become their God. I really fear for them. I just keep thinking about Jonestown.

Peach cobbler is not in the Bible, either. Nor are gingerbread towns, Steve.

I never understood something, back in the days of the Titus 2 forum. We were not allowed to mention Easter eggs, bunnies, etc. We were not allowed to mention Santa. But we were also not allowed to mention the idea of not celebrating Christmas at all. It was Steve's way or the highway, and his road has no neutral ground.

Peach cobbler is not in the Bible, either. Nor are gingerbread towns, Steve.

I never understood something, back in the days of the Titus 2 forum. We were not allowed to mention Easter eggs, bunnies, etc. We were not allowed to mention Santa. But we were also not allowed to mention the idea of not celebrating Christmas at all. It was Steve's way or the highway, and his road has no neutral ground.

Wow that forum must have been as fun as a rectal exam.

lol - thanks for reminding me socialrules! I headed straight to the fridge and grabbed out my chocolate mousse filled eggs. :D Bliss, nearly as good as an orgasm. Oh. Sorry, made an idol out of them already. I had better go ask my headship for permission to eat them.

Jonestown, indeed. I don't like the path this family is headed down. Steve has already caused so much harm to his family, and I can just foresee so much more. I wish there was something that the FJian community could do - or something anyone could do!

When they are eighty, I want them to think back on their childhood Resurrection Sundays with praise and joy in their hearts for a God Who loved them so much that He gave His Son for their salvation.

Steve, when your kids are 80 I guarantee they are going to look back at you as being a modern-day Tartuffe* who is in love only with himself, and puts himself before all, including God & Jesus. You are mean-spirited, judgmental, and as cold as a human can be, and unfortunately, that is probably what your children and their children will remember about you.

*Look it up, Steve - you'll see it's an apt comparison.

Reader A is me. He didn't answer my question about doing May baskets.

I call bull shit on one of the comments he got;

Eileen says:

April 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Amen! Its nice to not feel so alone in the world when it comes to Christian values. As a Sunday school teacher its sad to ask them if they know what this special day was about and hear them reply “bunny’s and candyâ€. Every year they have to be ‘re-trained’ to the truth.

Seriously? Year after year she has to "retrain" them as to the resurrection story? I'd say Eileen isn't that great of an SS teacher if that's true. Oh, and Eileen? Steve can't stand Sunday School and would never allow any of his children to attend, so I'm not so sure you and he really share "Christian values". (See? I can use quote marks just like "devout" "Christian" Steve does).

Reader A is me. He didn't answer my question about doing May baskets.

I’ve never given May Day any thought as an outreach. One could put a track in each basket with the flowers and candy. Not a bad idea. Why don’t you do it, and let us know how it goes?

Archived