IGNORED

Duggars on Today Show next week MERGED

lilwriter85

There was actually a small piece about the Duggars campaigning for Rick Santorum on my local news last night... in Las Vegas! Must have been a slow news day.

The stattion is an NBC affiliate- maybe it was a tie-inn for te Today show appearance.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe all this ties in together: the Jubilee fiasco, Frothy campaigning, the red door and now the announcement to be...

Bear with me: the loss of Jubilee led them to campaign for The Frothmeister to save babies from the evil abortion, and God was so pleased by this, He decided to reward Smuggs with a new (paid in cash from his successful*lol* business) house and rewarded Anna with Blessing #3.

Likewise the reward for Boob and Mullet is Blessing #3, which signals the end of their blessings and their resignation to only having Grandblessings.

The last part would be nice.

Pregnancy for Anna, maybe for Michelle. Maybe, something for one of the kids?? Probably not ......

Pregnancy for Anna, maybe an official announcement that Jana's moving out to work at Gothard HQ? I think it's too early for Michelle to announce a pregnancy, but I'm predicting that by late summer/early fall, they'll have another one (pissing off the public even more). And I really wouldn't be surprised if Smuggar and Anna do announce they're building a new house near the Tinker Toy House since the one they're in now is too small for a family of five.

And, of course, it'll be God "blessed" them with a new house, when we all know it'll be TLC writing out the check and filling the house with tons of freebies from sponsors, just like Mommy and Daddy got! I know it's a shot in the dark, but I'll be really surprised if I was right!

I cannot imagine that anyone in Duggarland or the Today Show would find Jana going to work at Gothard HQ remotely newsworthy. Sure, it's something you throw in the family newsletter, but dozens of 20somethings work for Gothard every year. And the Duggars like to downplay Gothard and ATI. They're savvy enough to keep their announcements to things that nationally people celebrate: babies and weddings.

Pregnancy for Anna, maybe an official announcement that Jana's moving out to work at Gothard HQ? I think it's too early for Michelle to announce a pregnancy, but I'm predicting that by late summer/early fall, they'll have another one (pissing off the public even more). And I really wouldn't be surprised if Smuggar and Anna do announce they're building a new house near the Tinker Toy House since the one they're in now is too small for a family of five.

And, of course, it'll be God "blessed" them with a new house, when we all know it'll be TLC writing out the check and filling the house with tons of freebies from sponsors, just like Mommy and Daddy got! I know it's a shot in the dark, but I'll be really surprised if I was right!

Not if the Duggars (and TLC) are trying to distance themselves from Quiverfull and ATI. Despite their dedication to Gothard, they've refrained from referencing him on the show, they've removed ATI and Quiverfull references from their website. Jim Bob's plugged the guy with the debt free living seminars a few times (but not enough for me to remember his name) but I don't recall ever seeing an episode where Gothard was mentioned. Even when J'ichelle is passing out character trait lists, she never means the source she got them from. Announcing Jana's going to ATI HQ would be a huge admission of a link between the Duggars and Gothard, which might scare away the fans that still think the Duggars are just another Jesus loving family with a lot of kids (as opposed to a Jesus loving family with money, proselytizing, and growing Gothard's empire on their minds).

Not if the Duggars (and TLC) are trying to distance themselves from Quiverfull and ATI. Despite their dedication to Gothard, they've refrained from referencing him on the show, they've removed ATI and Quiverfull references from their website. Jim Bob's plugged the guy with the debt free living seminars a few times (but not enough for me to remember his name) but I don't recall ever seeing an episode where Gothard was mentioned. Even when J'ichelle is passing out character trait lists, she never means the source she got them from. Announcing Jana's going to ATI HQ would be a huge admission of a link between the Duggars and Gothard, which might scare away the fans that still think the Duggars are just another Jesus loving family with a lot of kids (as opposed to a Jesus loving family with money, proselytizing, and growing Gothard's empire on their minds).

Jim Sammons, I think.

Yeah, Jim Sammons is the finance guy Jim Boob always plugs!

You're all right - the Duggars keep trying to sweep Gothard and ATI under the rug when it comes to the show. I read through the thread when some people on here called Michelle during a radio appearance and she gave a non-answer when Gothard was brought up, right?

I was thinking along the lines of "You won't see Jana next season because she'll be working out-of-state" and then they'll sugarcoat it to make it sound like she'll be a "spiritual retreat counselor" and leave it at that.

The weird thing is that a lot of non-fundie kids are summer camp counselors, it's a fun summer job - when you're 15-17!

The weird thing is that a lot of non-fundie kids are summer camp counselors, it's a fun summer job - when you're 15-17!

Did it when I was 15 (training) and conselor at 16 in an Ontario camp at which I was one of the few conselors of the "Frog" persuasion :lol: . It was very, very fun!! The camp was not fundie, although the mainline Canadian Protestant faith (was it United Church of Canada?? Don't remember) was emphasized often :grace before meals, sunday services in the outdoor chapel and morning "thoughts of the day" at said chapel in the AM after the "Oh Canada" by the flag. :twisted: If one was a practicing Catholic and you really, really needed to fulfill sunday obligations a bus could take you to the sunday mass at the village's church. I went once when I was a camper and experienced latin mass for the 1st and only time.

Anyone know what time they'll be on? I've been watching it and there's only so much I can take of Sarah Palin that I started flipping back and forth just to see if they'd announce when it will be on. Or did I already miss it?

Well, at least Daddy Boob didn't trot the J'slaves out during the 'How to Raise Confident Daughters' segment.

I don't think it is today and Ryan Secrest changed his time to tomorrow so the Duggars might be bumped if they are on tomorrow.

I have not heard they are going to be on at all this week yet it says it on the Today Show Webpage

I don't think it is today and Ryan Secrest changed his time to tomorrow so the Duggars might be bumped if they are on tomorrow.

I have not heard they are going to be on at all this week yet it says it on the Today Show Webpage

Well, they have two more days to show up. The Today Show loves the Duggars; I bet they'll be on Thursday, if not tomorrow.

Tori Spelling was on... Smuggs posted about how great she is the other day. Interesting.

Maybe the Duggars won't be making any visits to the Today Show. Maybe the producers of the Today Show saw how much backlash there is against them and decided against it.

Ah well. I can dream..:)

Tori Spelling was on... Smuggs posted about how great she is the other day. Interesting.

Smuggar only thinks Tori Spelling is great because she said something about how she loved kids and was happy about her 4th pregnancy. Smuggs probably doesn't know than she and hubby Dean were married to other people and had an affair prior to divorcing their exes and getting married. I think this will be Tori's last pregnancy. She is almost 40 and she at least uses more common sense than Mullet.

They weren't on today. I missed part of it but they never mentioned them at all. Does anyone know when it was changed to?

The date was never "changed" because there was no "date" to begin with. That's why I kept asking for one. I just turned it on, heard Palin screeching about Steve Jobs, put it back on the local news. Man, she's insufferable.

I figured the Duggars will be out stumping today, or heading home, so tomorrow would be the earliest they'd all be together to tape a remote from the TTH.

Maybe the Duggars won't be making any visits to the Today Show. Maybe the producers of the Today Show saw how much backlash there is against them and decided against it.

Ah well. I can dream..:)

Today Show producers always ignore backlashes against certain people. They know about the backlash against the Duggars, but they still continue to have them on the show. It is the same for the Kardashians and the Jersey Shore cast. Italian American organizations and groups based in New Jersey have complained about the Jersey Shore for different reasons. The Today Show has had some of the JS cast on. They've had the Kardashians on several times. It is known in the entertainment industry that some actors and actresses dislike the Kardashians being at awards shows and certain events that catered to actors and musicians. The Duggars, Kardashins and JS cast will eventually fade away from the public eye and new reality show stars will take their places.

Archived