IGNORED

Duggars on Today Show next week MERGED

lilwriter85

No, they don't do the Holy Week thing. Holy Week is for Catholics, Orthodox, Anglicans, and, I think, Lutherans.

Yeah, Lutherans do Holy Week. Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil services are at our church conflict with our toddler's bed time so we will likely skip them all, but we have them.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, when you get your picture taken that often, there's bound to be a horrifically unflattering one floating around somewhere.

I'm not really disturbed by the picture because I agree with you, everyone has a bad picture now and then. What disturbs me is that someone who claims to be a fan of the Duggars thought that was a good picture to post. I would think the woman/man who runs the site would have the sensitivity to think "well I wouldn't want a bad picture like that posted of me, so I shouldn't post a bad picture of someone else like that."

Not that I feel sorry for the Duggars. They're such famewhores that I just can't feel bad for them when they end up having to deal with the negative side effects of being a famewhore.

I don't think the Duggars are going to be on the Today show. I looked up to next Friday (the 13th) and it doesn't look like they are listed. Perhaps an error on Todays part or the Duggars are too busy

I don't think the Duggars are going to be on the Today show. I looked up to next Friday (the 13th) and it doesn't look like they are listed. Perhaps an error on Todays part or the Duggars are too busy

Could a courtship have fallen through?

For some reason I have a feeling that the Duggars may have pre-recorded something with the Today show?

Maybe they were on the same day as Tori Spelling, but it was just recorded for later? I dunno.

Crazy.

Omg the comments on this make me want to barf.

DuggarFamilyBlogMoreNewPhotos.png

DuggarFamilyBlogMoreNewPhotos-2.png

Really? So God says to pimp out your family for money on t.v.? God wants people to give birth on a toilet? Or have really bad helmut hair? Apparently, I'm reading the wrong Bible.

Comments like those are always barf worthy. The Duggars aren't really inspirational, there are other large families out there who don't act like are God's gift to the world. I laugh at that women who wishes the Duggars were her neighbor, according to someone on TWOP a former neighbor of the Duggars said she used to hear Michelle yelling at the kids all the time. Ugly shit probably happens in that family and now that they live in the TTH with no nearby neighbors they probably hide other things or act differently.

I know there is a lot of variety in Methodist churches in terms of being more "evangelical protestant" or more "high church" for lack of a better term (closer to the churches mentioned above). Our church was the latter and we too celebrated Holy Week, so it's interesting to hear that other Methodists do not.

I am also a "high church" Methodist, and we definitely celebrated Holy Week. Methodism is more closely related to the Catholic and Episcopal churches than the Lutherans, Reformationists and Baptists.

Theologically, I don't know where the free-wheeling living-room-churched Evangelicals go.

Comments like those are always barf worthy. The Duggars aren't really inspirational, there are other large families out there who don't act like are God's gift to the world.

My mom's deceased friend came from a family of 14 children. These commenters probably wouldn't find the family very inspirational because they were Catholic (gasp!), found a way to pay for college for all their children (double gasp!), and accepted the children who came out as gay (triple gasp!)

My mom's deceased friend came from a family of 14 children. These commenters probably wouldn't find the family very inspirational because they were Catholic (gasp!), found a way to pay for college for all their children (double gasp!), and accepted the children who came out as gay (triple gasp!)

Yup they probably wouldn't like a large ebil Catholic family. I knew several large Catholic families that were similar. They encouraged their kids to go to college and did their best to help pay. I also don't think the commenters would like a large atheist or agnostic family with several children.

Am I the only one who grew up with entirely secular Easter? I think I was in late elementary school before I realized there was an actual Christian component to it. Might as well have been called Cadbury Sunday or Spring Festival.

We did secular Easter in my family too. Until I was older I had no idea that there was a Christian component - for me it was just a long weekend including lots of chocolate and a family dinner.

I didn't even see the promo for it today.. "Breakfast with the Duggars" was the title of the segment and showed a old clip. I haven't seen the promo since Tuesday. Maybe they pulled the segment? Maybe Today Show fans complained? If they were on tomorrow I'm sure we would of seen promo's today lots of them like we did with Octomom yesterday.

I didn't even see the promo for it today.. "Breakfast with the Duggars" was the title of the segment and showed a old clip. I haven't seen the promo since Tuesday. Maybe they pulled the segment? Maybe Today Show fans complained? If they were on tomorrow I'm sure we would of seen promo's today lots of them like we did with Octomom yesterday.

I kind of wonder if there is a chance the segment got pulled. Since Michael K. at dlisted posted Mullet's overpopulation is lie vid, other sites picked it up and a lot of people called Michelle a moron. Boob's response also didn't help at all either.

No, the holidays in my family were/are all secular. We only went to church regularly for the first few years of my life, and even then it was Unitarian Universalist. I did, however, know about some of the significance behind them due to both Sunday School classes and my voracious reading habits.

Well, okay, I suppose I was aware that there was Christian significance from books - but I didn't think it was something people consciously focused on. I think I thought it was more along the lines of the Pagan fertility origins - sure, there's history, but NOW it's chocolate bunnies.

Looking for the breakfast with the Duggars thing I found this funny blog

Okay may be I think it is funny ;)

http://www.motherhoodunplugged.com/2011/11/my-family-vs-the-duggars/

Yep as Catholic's our family will be going to Church the next 3 days. My kids are great. Sit well and don't complain. If baby gets fussy easy to take out of church. I'm sure the Duggars would make the J'slaves handle the kids...

Looking for the breakfast with the Duggars thing I found this funny blog

Okay may be I think it is funny ;)

http://www.motherhoodunplugged.com/2011/11/my-family-vs-the-duggars/

Yep as Catholic's our family will be going to Church the next 3 days. My kids are great. Sit well and don't complain. If baby gets fussy easy to take out of church. I'm sure the Duggars would make the J'slaves handle the kids...

That was hilarious - and so true!

Sometimes I think following the fundies has made me jaded since I don't really bat an eyeball at the fact that the Duggars have 19 kids anymore. It's just a fact, nothing shocking about it.

ETA: OH MY GOSH! I'M SECRETLY BILL GOTHARD NOW!

This is the first I've heard of it. :oops: :?

This is the first i've ever heard of it too...off to google what it is

Yeah, Lutherans do Holy Week. Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil services are at our church conflict with our toddler's bed time so we will likely skip them all, but we have them.

That explains a few things for me. I was wondering why I never saw an Advent wreath at their home, but that's the same explanation.

On a side note, I am going to all three services this year: Maunday Thursday, Good Friday and Easter. I am excited, as I usually had to work Easter and at least one of the others, so this is the first year since childhood I will be at all three.

When it's 50% off you get the whole selection. Later the price drops to 75% or even 90% off, but the selection becomes increasingly poor. It's a balancing act.

I hold out for the 75-90%. I can ALWAYS get some peeps and black jelly beans. MMMMmmm black jelly beans...

I hold out for the 75-90%. I can ALWAYS get some peeps and black jelly beans. MMMMmmm black jelly beans...

I used to work in a candy store and after the employee discount and teh mark downs that candy was CHEAP and it was high quality candy and chocolates too. I can't smell the scent of chocolate anymore though so you have a tradeoff.

Ah giving pisanki on Wet Monday.

Pisanki are gorgeous. My mom has a few wooden ones that I love. We aren't actually Polish, but due to a large Polish community, we were exposed to a few Polish traditions and foods. I was surprised when I moved to the other side of country and no one knew about butter lambs at Easter or Pierogi.

Am I the only one who grew up with entirely secular Easter? I think I was in late elementary school before I realized there was an actual Christian component to it. Might as well have been called Cadbury Sunday or Spring Festival.

We always had a secular Easter.

Pisanki are gorgeous. My mom has a few wooden ones that I love. We aren't actually Polish, but due to a large Polish community, we were exposed to a few Polish traditions and foods. I was surprised when I moved to the other side of country and no one knew about butter lambs at Easter or Pierogi.

We always had a secular Easter.

When I was younger I made one a year for my DD, now tables are slightly turned and she buys one for me every year. I do think the Poles and the Russian Orthodox know how to celebrate Easter. It was one of my favorites growing up, I'm Ukrainian and Polish.

Well the local radio announced that Santorum has stopped his Campaign until Tuesday so he and his team can celebrate the Easter holiday. He celebrated this round of campaign by a night of bowling last night in his home state. They will celebrate Good Friday and Easter with a 4 day break and will resume on Tuesday.

Well the local radio announced that Santorum has stopped his Campaign until Tuesday so he and his team can celebrate the Easter holiday. He celebrated this round of campaign by a night of bowling last night in his home state. They will celebrate Good Friday and Easter with a 4 day break and will resume on Tuesday.

It's probably a permanent "suspension"

The PA primary is on 4/24 and polls now show that Frothy is likely to lose his home state to Romney. (along with the 4 other states that day).

He won't let that happen; it's too embarrassing even for a dumb tool like Santorum.

So sorry, Smugs, your career ended before it even got started. Now get back to the car lot and do some real work.

i grew up episcopalian (anglican), and holy week is one of THE most meaningful times in the church year.

In fact, i think the symbolism my church brings to holy week is probably the most meaningful of the year for me...From Good Friday (the day Christ died) to Easter Sunday (the resurrection), the host (bread and wine, body and blood), fonts of holy water, altar cloths, etc, are removed to symbolize that there is no christ in the world.

It's serious, and somber, and (to me), the crux of my faith.

sigh. i understand why people (well, specifically christians) don't "get" or like the high-churchy stuff, but i don't understand the anti-liturgy sentiment, or the anti-observance of the liturgical calendar. This week is the absolute crux of Christianity, IMHO.

Archived