IGNORED

The Peanut butter war

BlondeAgent007

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, if I ever want to start dieting, I'll just read this page whenever I'm hungry.

I don't even put jelly/jam on my peanut butter sandwiches because it grosses me out.

Peanut butter and cinnamon. Ohhhh yeah.

No honey though, I can't stand honey.

I love that (with bananas or without) wrapped in a hot tortilla.

Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. My grandpa introduced them to me as a little kid and I've loved them ever since.

Sounds good. I've made bacon wrapped peanut butter cups.

Actually, it's totally nasty stuff that ruthlessly deceived my innocent Canadian 3 yr old by daring to look like chocolate spread and then tasting like shit. Should have taken a video of her reaction.

That would have been so funny (poor girl!)

I used to mainly lurk (even though I still don't comment much), but I watched the PB War & Shoe War unfold like mushroom clouds. Crazy. Hiroshima & Nagasaki all over again. Let's not go there again, dear FJers. I love our board too much.

We alternate in buying crunchy or smooth PB - partner prefers crunchy, I prefer smooth, so we compromise.

PB & honey - delicious

PB & cheese - lunch box favourite (my sister even liked PB, cheese & honey but I couldn't do it)

PB, honey & banana - we would serve these at Teddy Bears' Picnics. I love the idea of putting this in a hot tortilla with cinnamon!

PB & nutella - oooh, salty, sweet and chocolatey - so, so good!

PB & avocado - not so good, don't let Dad make school lunches...

Best sandwich in the world: butter and Vegemite on very fresh white bread. Manna from heaven. Another Australian lunch box favourite is Fritz & Sauce sandwich, translated as luncheon meat with ketchup, and at my school was known as a Blood & Guts Sandwich. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_(sausage) When I went shopping with my grandmother, her local butcher would give me a slice to munch on while I waited. I'm not sure if I could eat one now...

Vegemite vs Marmite - there's another war...

Believe it or not, I ate sandwiches made with something called liverwurst as a kid. And liked it :shock:

Is that anything like livermush? Because my mom used to thinly slice livermush, fry it and put it on sandwiches. I liked it as a child, but now the thought makes me sick.

I have to say, if I ever want to start dieting, I'll just read this page whenever I'm hungry.

I don't even put jelly/jam on my peanut butter sandwiches because it grosses me out.

Me neither. I can't handle the combination of textures, and I don't like jelly very much in general.

I do eat PB on english muffins for most breakfasts during the week.

Neither! New Kids on the Block all the way!!! :lol:

I'm going to have to second this. NKOTB was much better.. when they were original.. and not teamed up with BSB.. cause God knows BSB and NKOTB are hideous together!

The grossest peanut butter sandwich I've ever had was peanut butter and soy sauce. I figured I liked peanut butter and I liked soy sauce, and they were excellent together in some Asian dishes, so why not in a sandwich? Not so.

I'm actually not a peanut butter and jelly fan. I like both on bread, but separately.

I love peanut butter.

I have 2 peanut allergic children.

I don't bring PB or peanut products home.

I'm the crazy lady who sits in her car pouring Reeses Pieces into her mouth, straight from the bag, to avoid getting PB residue on my hands.

My kids go to schools that are not peanut free, although my non-allergic son's kindy class requests that we not send peanut products in.

My kids have had a couple of scary reactions. Watching your kid swell up and wheeze is no fun.

I have a shoebox full of expired epi-pens that I'll throw at anyone who tells me I should homeschool them.

I love peanut butter.

I have 2 peanut allergic children.

I don't bring PB or peanut products home.

I'm the crazy lady who sits in her car pouring Reeses Pieces into her mouth, straight from the bag, to avoid getting PB residue on my hands.

My kids go to schools that are not peanut free, although my non-allergic son's kindy class requests that we not send peanut products in.

My kids have had a couple of scary reactions. Watching your kid swell up and wheeze is no fun.

I have a shoebox full of expired epi-pens that I'll throw at anyone who tells me I should homeschool them.

*turns up music super loud*

Move along folks, nothing to see here!

*turns up music super loud*

Move along folks, nothing to see here!

Turn up your music on this stuff...

http://www.biscoff.com/DirectionsWEB/we ... temid=0814

Makes that sunflower seed butter stuff I buy for the kids seem like nothing. This stuff is YUM! PBish texture, but tastes like PB with crushed gingersnap/graham cracker mixed in. Been meaning to try it with sliced bananas in a sandwich, but I find myself eating it straight out of the jar with a spoon. :D

speaking of, I made home-made peanutbutter recently.

OMG.

It was easy, cheap, and I need to do it more often.

Seriously, I bought a jar of (sale) roasted nuts @ meijer, threw them + a touch of sugar + some oil (I had olive oil handy so I used that) into a blender. Blend. store in fridge. watch disappear like mad.

Maybe I can go to the international bulk food place for cheap nuts this weekend...

speaking of, I made home-made peanutbutter recently.

OMG.

It was easy, cheap, and I need to do it more often.

Seriously, I bought a jar of (sale) roasted nuts @ meijer, threw them + a touch of sugar + some oil (I had olive oil handy so I used that) into a blender. Blend. store in fridge. watch disappear like mad.

Maybe I can go to the international bulk food place for cheap nuts this weekend...

Seriously that easy? I may have to investigate this... my partner loves peanut butter... he also likes the REALLY expensive peanut butter... Perhaps if it's really this easy I can mimic the peanut butter he loves cheaper... oh now I must experiment!

So the first time my husband had heard of fried peanuts was when we went to NC. He's always had them boiled (ew, sorry, I know people get all fanatical about their boiled peanuts but I think they're soggy and gross). How do other parts of the country eat their peanuts?

And just as a shout out.... if you want the most amazing blister fried peanuts, I suggest: http://www.pnuts.net/product/BatchelorB ... iedPeanuts

edit because I know the difference between they're and their.

Is that anything like livermush? Because my mom used to thinly slice livermush, fry it and put it on sandwiches. I liked it as a child, but now the thought makes me sick.

No, they're quite a bit different but both have that pungent taste which I love! My aunt lists her favorite sandwich as liverwurst and onions. I hope she and uncle have separate beds.

it's really that easy. I think a food processor would work slightly better than a blender, but I don't have one.

heck, even alton brown's is basically that easy (except he used honey):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alto ... index.html

(I didn't roast my own nuts because it was cheaper to get them pre-roasted and I'm lazy/busy--but roasting looks easy, so I'll try it next time)

I don't know why the fundie blogs aren't all over this one :)

Before I officially joined FJ I totally read through the entire peanut butter thread. :lol:

I recently developed a peanut allergy and I'm still absolutely devastated! It happened so recently that I still have a giant bowl full of Snickers/Reese's that I got on clearance after Halloween--and several jars of peanut butter that I bought on sale because I wanted to make peanut butter fudge. My go-to cereal? Turns out, it has peanuts. My go-to takeaway meal? Pad thai. My go-to snack? Peanut butter crackers. My favorite junk food-y breakfast? Peanut butter French toast (i.e., a PB sandwich cooked like French toast). *sigh* Life is far less delicious now...

This is livermush if anyone is curious. I don't like it now, but I did as a child. Along with having it fried on sandwiches, we also ate it fried with eggs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

Livermush (sometimes called liver pudding) is a Southern United States food product composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. (

i'll pass. :?

Archived